PDA

View Full Version : Bugeaters lose top recruit

BillyBall
12/20/2005, 08:07 AM
Josh Freeman is now a KSU commit. Too bad, Callahan is such a good guy...

Sooner in Tampa
12/20/2005, 08:12 AM
HEH...it couldn't have happened to a nicer asshat.

suncoastsooner7
12/20/2005, 08:28 AM
No surprise at all. The only thing surprising was that KState picked up his verbal.

BigWillie
12/22/2005, 11:21 PM
He went to KSU because of the "Black" coach thing. His dad even said it played a part in it. Josh also said, recently that he didn't want to redshirt, and had he gone to Nebraska, he would've redshirted.

I think Prince promised him the world.

If you think about it, Josh had a 18 month relationship with Nebraska
( where he went to every game and many practices) vs a week old relationship with KSU and their new head coach who happened to be black.

Scott D
12/23/2005, 12:20 AM
He went to KSU because of the "Black" coach thing. His dad even said it played a part in it. Josh also said, recently that he didn't want to redshirt, and had he gone to Nebraska, he would've redshirted.

I think Prince promised him the world.

If you think about it, Josh had a 18 month relationship with Nebraska
( where he went to every game and many practices) vs a week old relationship with KSU and their new head coach who happened to be black.

I warned Nebraska fan back in June...that is all.

CatfishSooner
12/23/2005, 01:39 PM
I truly feel soo bad for them...

Big Red Ron
12/23/2005, 06:41 PM
I truly feel soo bad for them...ah he, good one! :D

BigWillie
12/23/2005, 06:43 PM
I don't believe it's that big deal. Some papers in Kansas, are already talking about Freeman moving to either TE or WR. He's going to KSU thinking he's the only QB, Ron Prince is going after . What he doesn't know is that KSU is still going after Brent Schaeffer. LOL

Freeman, would've been a good get for Nebraska, but QB, is not a must have this year.

Big Red Ron
12/23/2005, 07:04 PM
Freeman, would've been a good get for Nebraska, but QB, is not a must have this year.yeah, cuz you're loaded at qb. lol:mack:

BigWillie
12/23/2005, 09:18 PM
yeah, cuz you're loaded at qb. lol:mack:

Didn't say they were loaded just said it wasn't a must have. Nebraska will have Zac Taylor back next year, along with Harrison Beck. Beck was rated higher than Freeman. Again not loaded, but not desperate either.

OU, has Bomar and Thompson. Would it be a big deal to OU, if Sam Bradford decided to go elsewhere? I doubt it. OU while not loaded at QB, is not desperate either.

I'm sure if Nebraska pursues another QB, they'll land a good one. FWIW. Texas Tech's Greg McElroy, has already tried to contact the staff to see about possibly switching his commitment from Tech to NU.

Salt City Sooner
12/24/2005, 01:05 AM
"OU, has Bomar and Thompson. Would it be a big deal to OU, if Sam Bradford decided to go elsewhere?"
Considering the fact that Thompson is moving to receiver full time, yeah, it would. With A) the fact that OU went after a JC QB, which, while Bradford has said he's fine with, you know he wasn't jumping for joy over it, & B) Long leaving for SDSU, which you know couldn't have been a mark in the plus column for OU when it comes to said JC QB, who, BTW, Long recruited, it's more than plausible that depth at that position could've VERY easily taken a hit over the past couple of weeks. Bomar may have made it through the season in reasonably good shape ( a couple of hard hits not withstanding), but as a fan, it hasn't been the easiest of feelings knowing that OU has been one hit away from having to start a guy who's been splitting time between QB & WR. Depth at QB is a very good thing.

BigWillie
12/24/2005, 03:01 AM
Considering the fact that Thompson is moving to receiver full time, yeah, it would. With A) the fact that OU went after a JC QB, which, while Bradford has said he's fine with, you know he wasn't jumping for joy over it, & B) Long leaving for SDSU, which you know couldn't have been a mark in the plus column for OU when it comes to said JC QB, who, BTW, Long recruited, it's more than plausible that depth at that position could've VERY easily taken a hit over the past couple of weeks. Bomar may have made it through the season in reasonably good shape ( a couple of hard hits not withstanding), but as a fan, it hasn't been the easiest of feelings knowing that OU has been one hit away from having to start a guy who's been splitting time between QB & WR. Depth at QB is a very good thing.

Well if Thompson, is moving to WR, then you do need Bradford. But you also want a guy who wants to play for OU, and not play games.

With Freeman, you had a guy who spends 18 months with Nebraska, not to mention comes to every game and drives up to practices in that 18 months. Then out of the blue, he switches to a school who has courted him for only one week.

Again, I'm not saying that Freeman going to KSU doesn't hurt, but then again with Zac Taylor, Beck, Ganz and a few others that have been in the system going on two years this upcoming year, it doesn't hurt as much as it would if there was no depth at all.

Even if Freeman, went to Nebraska, he would've redshirted. He knew this and so did everyone else, but after he made the switch he made a comment about not wanting to redshirt.???? You mean tell me in 18 months of hanging around coaches and players he just picked this vibe up about redshirting. LOL

I personally like the way Bob Stoops, handles players like this ( If your not upfront with him or like to play games) he'll pull your offer, while Nebraska didn't do this with Freeman, I'm sure they will in the future.

Big Red Ron
12/24/2005, 06:09 AM
Nebraska is just as "loaded" at QB as the Sooners.We have two of the 11 QB's in from the 2003 elite 11 QB class. We're in big trouble at QB. :rolleyes:

BigWillie
12/24/2005, 03:12 PM
We have two of the 11 QB's in from the 2003 elite 11 QB class. We're in big trouble at QB. :rolleyes:

Two QB's from the 03 Elite QB class? You mean Tommy Grady from the 02 class and Rhett Bomar from the 03 class don't you?

Grady, transfer to Utah and Thompson's moving to WR ( according to Salt City Sooner and SoonerScoop), so that only leaves one QB from the 03 elite 11 camp.

Where's the depth at QB, when Thompson moves to WR? Hays McEachern and Lee Blankenship. Yeah your set at QB I tell ya. :rolleyes:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/24/2005, 04:03 PM
halzle was a member of that elite 11 camp as well...

Salt City Sooner
12/24/2005, 04:10 PM
Two QB's from the 03 Elite QB class? You mean Tommy Grady from the 02 class and Rhett Bomar from the 03 class don't you?

Grady, transfer to Utah and Thompson's moving to WR ( according to Salt City Sooner and SoonerScoop), so that only leaves one QB from the 03 elite 11 camp.

Where's the depth at QB, when Thompson moves to WR? Hays McEachern and Lee Blankenship. Yeah your set at QB I tell ya. :rolleyes:

"HONORS

ELITE 11 QB camp

All So. Section CIF

1st Team All- CIF

1st Team All-League

1st Team All-Area Team

Daily News 1st Team All-Region Team

Awarded the "Athlete/leadership" Team Award

http://joeyhalzle.com/

Need a little help with that foot there, eh Bill? :rolleyes:

Rhino
12/24/2005, 04:22 PM
Did Callahan really say Beck taking a lot of reps during bowl practices scared off Freeman? Who is he trying to fool?

BigWillie
12/24/2005, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I heard Bob raving about Halzle, the other day in a press confrence. lol

Yeah, Callahan said what he said. I don't see it as a big deal.

I highly doubt Freeman, would've seen the field anytime soon at Nebraska. He would've redshirted anyway. He knew this 6 months ago. But he acts like all the sudden it was news to him.

Josh can now go to KSU, and sit behind their two-three QB's, along with possibly Juco QB Brent Schaffer.

Scott D
12/24/2005, 11:01 PM
Nebraska fan should be glad they only got partially Perrilouxed instead of the full Perriloux that Texas got this past Feb.

It should really serve as a wake up call as to how getting too excited or hyped up over a commitment in June is ridiculous.

Big Red Ron
12/25/2005, 12:34 AM
:D

soonerthanu
12/30/2005, 01:29 AM
nm

TopDawg
9/13/2007, 12:12 AM
memories

yermom
9/14/2007, 03:47 PM
OU, has Bomar and Thompson. Would it be a big deal to OU, if Sam Bradford decided to go elsewhere? I doubt it. OU while not loaded at QB, is not desperate either.

:eek:

royalfan5
9/14/2007, 04:19 PM
I was briefly confused by the resurfacing of this thread.

TopDawg
9/14/2007, 04:46 PM
:eek:

Werd.