PDA

View Full Version : osu and Michael Goodson

jdsooner
12/13/2005, 02:16 PM
This is a lovely post from the poke board. It explains my intense dislike for osu.

"He can kiss our orange asses. Well at least mine, I don't want to speak for all of you. It's bullsh*t the way kids de-commit like that. I wanted Evans more than goodson and now we get neither because one of them is a deuche bag. I hope Goodson goes to USC and breaks his hip. If you aren't 100% percent sure, don't commit. I think verbal commitments should be binding. But a lot of this is the parents fault as well. My kid(s) will absolutely not be allowed to act like that should he/she choose to be athletes. You are only as good as your word, and Micheal Goodson/family just passed Jim Traber on my sh*t list."
Break his hip? That's too radical for me.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/13/2005, 03:30 PM
i bet they think its funny if it happens to us.

william_brasky
12/13/2005, 03:48 PM
Stupid poke misspelled ******. :les:

southern sooner
12/13/2005, 04:18 PM
I agree with everything minues the hopes that a KID gets hurt. I have a problem with someone giving their word then showing a lack of character by following through. But.....wishing harm on a kid is a bit out there.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/13/2005, 05:00 PM
here is the thing. verbal commitments are non-binding. everyone on the planet knows it. everyone gets stuck in this "you gave your word crap" but they fail to realize that you don't give your word until the contract is signed. does anyone consider runnells a traitor because he reniged on his commitment to aTm for OU?

silverwheels
12/13/2005, 05:06 PM
I saw this coming from a mile away. I don't know why they didn't.

Scott D
12/13/2005, 05:09 PM
What amuses me about this post is 'Fan from <insert school here> wishing nothing but ill on <insert high school prospect here> because he chose to go to <insert university here> instead of their school.'

Boards may be different but the vindictivness of some of the fans remains the same.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/13/2005, 05:12 PM
the only guys that irritate me are guys who

a) decommit or mislead and then change on signing day (pierre brown, meachem)

b) talk trash after their recruitment (chance mock, rufus harris, gremon coffman)

CatfishSooner
12/13/2005, 05:24 PM
here is the thing. verbal commitments are non-binding. everyone on the planet knows it. everyone gets stuck in this "you gave your word crap" but they fail to realize that you don't give your word until the contract is signed. does anyone consider runnells a traitor because he reniged on his commitment to aTm for OU?

I would if it was the other way around...:D

soonerdave79
12/13/2005, 07:00 PM
Okay, I think I got it. Decommiting is unacceptable. It's just a shady thing to do. "It's bullsh*t". However, wishing that a 17 (or 18) year old kid break his hip and possibly ruin his career because he didn't go to my favorite school is totally reputible.
He musta learnt dem morals durin' his Stoolwater edumacation.

Widescreen
12/13/2005, 07:05 PM
the only guys that irritate me are guys who

a) decommit or mislead and then change on signing day (pierre brown, meachem)

b) talk trash after their recruitment (chance mock, rufus harris, gremon coffman)
What on earth did Mock say?

sooner13f
12/13/2005, 07:38 PM
Problem when a kid commits..? what the poke was trying to say is he may have costed them another running back. I think the kid needs to do what is best for him and makes him happy. A kid goes on National TV or National recruiting Mag as states I,m commited that could and most likely will effect the overall recruiting of other players...For example the kid from Ada Roark that committed to FSU and changed to OU..FSU may have missed out on other Centers in the country..But with that all said, that is all part of the recruiting game.

Ardmore_Sooner
12/13/2005, 08:09 PM
A lot of times, a "soft-verbal" as it is called, is a tactic used by these kids to get other schools to notice them. It is very smart indeed. Is it unethical, no not at all. But thats just my opinion.

william_brasky
12/13/2005, 09:02 PM
I've always thought the term "soft verbal" has some kind of naughty/dirty connotation to it.

On a serious note, the soft verbal commitment always seems to de-commit.

Soft verbal needs to be deleted from recruiting vocabulary.

goingoneight
12/31/2005, 05:37 PM
This is a lovely post from the poke board. It explains my intense dislike for osu.

Break his hip? That's too radical for me.

"orange asses"
Dude, I think ya oughtta have that one checked out. Lay off the BUFUin'...

BASSooner
12/31/2005, 07:26 PM
That reminds me when jevan snead said he was graduating early to go to florida. At all of the football camps he had his gator gear on and everything then out of nowhere he decides to go to texas.

Big John
1/1/2006, 07:06 PM
I think a recruit (even being young), shouldn't lie to a school. I believe that telling a school that you are going to be their next season, then going somewhere else is dishonest. If a player feels that their is a high chance of him going to a school, he should list that particular school as a favorite.

snp
1/1/2006, 10:29 PM
I think a recruit (even being young), shouldn't lie to a school. I believe that telling a school that you are going to be their next season, then going somewhere else is dishonest. If a player feels that their is a high chance of him going to a school, he should list that particular school as a favorite.

He never signed a contract, he should be allowed to do whatever he wants.

You think those kids that committed to Colorado should have to go there after that scandal? Or if a certain coach leaves that could've made sure the kid got the best oppurtunity possible to go pro?

It's a gigantic decision that will affect him the rest of their life, and these kids are 17/18 when they make it. I'll grant them leeway if they discover something new.