PDA

View Full Version : OSU got screwed by the refs against Gonzaga

usmc-sooner
12/10/2005, 11:56 PM
it was OU vs TTech bad. Gonzaga had like 30 something free throws and OSU had like 8. It was so bad that Gonzaga guy ran out and threw a shoulder into the face of OSU player and the OSU player got the foul???WTF

I wasn't that impressed with Morrison he's good but IMO he will get eatin alive in the NBA.

I'm so sick of the officials sucking it up and screwing people over in games.

where is it written that if you're the home team you get an advantage from the refs. This one reason I don't like basketball

BTW Chuck Long must be Kelvin Sampson's OC. Big time scoring droughts

Octavian
12/11/2005, 12:44 AM
OSU got screwed by the refs

:D :) :P ;)

TopDawg
12/11/2005, 11:48 AM
From what I saw of the game, it looked like Gonzaga probably should've shot about 40-50 free throws.

usmc-sooner
12/11/2005, 12:12 PM
I'm not crying cause OSU got beat but that was a badly officiated game. Even the announcers were commenting on how bad some of the calls were. The worst call of the game was when a OSU player was dribbling and a Gonzaga player jumped out and popped the guy in the face. When it first happened I thought the guy just walked over and threw an elbow. It was bad

SoonerDood
12/11/2005, 02:23 PM
for as bad as we've gotten screwed in GIA over the years... so what.

King Crimson
12/11/2005, 03:02 PM
what the hell does Top Dawg know, he's got his head on backwards half the time. :D

Flagstaffsooner
12/11/2005, 03:09 PM
:eddie: I paid the refs.:eddie:

TopDawg
12/11/2005, 09:45 PM
what the hell does Top Dawg know, he's got his head on backwards half the time. :D

Yeah, but I only do (did) that when the refs made a bad call. So if anyone should be aware of the bad calls, it's me.

Stanley1
12/12/2005, 01:32 PM
From what I saw of the game, it looked like Gonzaga probably should've shot about 40-50 free throws.

Exactly. There isn't a rule that teams have to shoot an even # of freethrows. I watched almost the entire game, and don't remember thinking there were many bad calls either way.

'Cept them missing JamesOff's walk at the end of the game.

King Crimson
12/14/2005, 11:42 PM
kind of interesting in retrospect:

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/doyels_dribbles

Updated: Dec/12/2005 08:29 AM

Libbey, Sutton give people something to talk about

This is what people in college basketball talk about. They talk about Dave Libbey.

Who is Dave Libbey? He was a central figure in No. 9 Gonzaga's comeback victory Saturday against Oklahoma State.

He's a game official.

Libbey and Oklahoma State have a history, and it's not a good one. Libbey was the game official who gave OSU coach Eddie Sutton a technical foul in the 2000 East Region championship game, when the Cowboys lost to Florida. Libbey and Sutton have had so many run-ins that Sutton, according to a source who would know, has asked the Big 12 not to assign Libbey to any more of his games.

That's the kind of request that -- surely -- would reach the ears of an official. And so it was -- surely -- with that knowledge that Libbey took the floor Saturday.

By game's end, Gonzaga had shot 31 free throws. Oklahoma State had shot seven.

Coincidence? Probably. Gonzaga's Adam Morrison and J.P. Batista are foul-drawing machines who combined to shoot 23 free throws. And besides, no matter how much fans like a good conspiracy theory, officials do not consciously make calls to help one team -- or to hurt another.

But still. Libbey and Sutton have a history. And Gonzaga got 24 more free throws than Oklahoma State. Gonzaga won.

This is what college basketball people talk about.

Stanley1
12/15/2005, 02:39 AM
Why don't they list out the number of fouls Libbey called? Probably b/c when they looked at the break down, it didn't support their BS story.

TopDawg
12/15/2005, 10:49 AM
Why don't they list out the number of fouls Libbey called? Probably b/c when they looked at the break down, it didn't support their BS story.

The story is "this is what college basketball people talk about" not "Libbey fixed the game for the Zags."