PDA

View Full Version : I Met Lauren Shoush Tonight

AllAboutThe'O'
12/9/2005, 12:12 AM
Former OU women's standout Lauren Shoush is now serving as an assistant coach for the Norman High girls' team. They are in Fort Smith this weekend to play in the Tournament of Champions and their first game tonight was a success as they knocked off Springfield (Mo.) Kickapoo, 54-40. Afterward, I had the chance to talk to Lauren for a few minutes and she's a very nice, very classy individual. We talked a little about the OU team, specificially Courtney Paris, and she said that she was having a great time helping coach Norman. I joked with her that she should have had one more year of eligibility left so that she would get to play with the Paris sisters as well as Leah, Erin, Chelsi, etc., on this year's team. But she said she had a great time being a Sooner and she wishes them all the best. I also wish Lauren all the best and hope she has a great career in coaching.

OklahomaTrombone
12/9/2005, 06:27 PM
so did ya hit it?

;)

PrideTrombone
12/9/2005, 06:57 PM
mmmmmm... Shoush.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/10/2005, 01:24 AM
so did ya hit it?

;)
Sorry to disappoint you.
BTW, Norman lost in tonight's semifinals to West Monroe, so they're going to be playing Fort Smith Southside for third place on Saturday.

NickZeppelin
12/10/2005, 02:39 AM
I knew here in HS. I doubt she would remember me though.

GDC
12/10/2005, 04:51 PM
I was so glad Union hammered those Mustang pukes.

birddog
12/10/2005, 07:02 PM
I graduated high school with her brother. I watched the '84 Texass game at his house and I believe she was already taller than me.

Newbomb Turk
12/10/2005, 07:26 PM
I was so glad Union hammered those Mustang pukes.

OK :confused:

Soonrboy
12/10/2005, 07:46 PM
She was getting her degree in education..she did a field experience at my school

Soonerus
12/10/2005, 07:53 PM
She is a very nice young lady who lost her mother to cancer while she was in high school...I have always hoped only the best for her...

birddog
12/10/2005, 08:38 PM
She is a very nice young lady who lost her mother to cancer while she was in high school...I have always hoped only the best for her...
Yeah, it was rough for her brother Matt, I remember. Glad to see good things happen for her.