PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Maclin, 4 star WR Decommits from OU

BigWillie
12/5/2005, 02:29 AM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=37062

Anyone heard why?

Harry Beanbag
12/5/2005, 07:31 AM
Because he's a flake. And apparently the coaches revoked his offer due to him visiting other schools and hosting other coaches then lying about it. He can say he "decommitted", but that's probably not exactly what happened.

King Crimson
12/5/2005, 11:15 AM
he scheduled and cancelled a trip to CU. and then visited later. seems kind of on/off iffy/flaky this kid. he wants someone to "show him the love".

reminds me a little of losing Thompson Omboga a few years ago to Mizzou. to quote Miles Davis: "So What?".

and FWIW (not much), he's 3 stars at scout.

jreed13
12/5/2005, 11:34 AM
I think we all saw this comming from a mile away.

HuskerPower
12/5/2005, 11:46 AM
from stltoday.com
link: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/othersports/story/BE45AC63E78AB9AF862570CA001DF22D?OpenDocument

"Kirkwood wide receiver Jeremy Maclin has been committed to Oklahoma for a few months now, but he continues to look at other schools to make sure he's made the right decision. Last week, Maclin and teammate Mike McNeill, a Nebraska commitment, made an official visit to Colorado to see the Buffaloes play Nebraska.

"I just wanna make sure I'm making the right decision," Maclin said.

McNeill said his commitment to Nebraska is strong, and he accompanied Maclin on the trip so he could check out the Cornhuskers.

"They were playing Nebraska, which is the main thing," the senior tight end said. "Jeremy has been wanting to visit there, and this was a game I wanted to see."

Maclin has recently picked up a scholarship offer from Nebraska, and McNeill has talked to him about continuing both of their careers as Huskers.

"I want him to," McNeill said. "We always talk about playing together, and I'm not going to change from Nebraska."

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/5/2005, 12:02 PM
there is more than a good chance that guys that flake around on the recruiting trail continue the flakiness once they get to college. and by flaky, i mean the guy who says he's committed and then visits a bunch of other schools without informing the coaches.

this kid has been waffling since the TCU game so i'm thinking the coaches either a) think that the group of WRs they got last year panned out or b) they have plan b lined up. a much better situation than pierre brown dropping us on signing day 2 years ago.

King Crimson
12/5/2005, 12:39 PM
let him go to Nebraska if he wants. he can play there. since that whole point of the thread. i've no doubt we'll hear again how Cally-Poo has outrecruited everyone. they beat a CU team that something seriously wrong happened with them...internally. players quit on the coaches, coaches are idiots. something happened. they got outscored by over 100 points in their last 3 games.

But all that's made Callahan a FRIGGIN' genius because he won one game? after getting pasted by KU.

if Macklin has seen Malcom Kelly and Iglesius....he can't see as much PT at OU.

BASSooner
12/5/2005, 04:02 PM
This should be no big deal, we are LOADED with talented receivers.

sooner13f
12/5/2005, 05:14 PM
This should be no big deal, we are LOADED with talented receivers.
I think this may of had a lot to do with it! The young WR are stepping up and it would hard for him to get playing time. WR Terrel coming in as well didnt look good for him. I was glad they pulled the offer.

BASSooner
12/5/2005, 06:32 PM
I think this may of had a lot to do with it! The young WR are stepping up and it would hard for him to get playing time. WR Terrel coming in as well didnt look good for him. I was glad they pulled the offer.
you mean tennel?

sooner13f
12/5/2005, 07:31 PM
No I mean Tennell.:D Sorry I am bad with names.

Mjcpr
12/6/2005, 09:55 AM
The teaser on OUInsider says Jeremy Gibbs (DT from NEO) is looking around too.

Big John
12/6/2005, 10:10 AM
The teaser on OUInsider says Jeremy Gibbs (DT from NEO) is looking around too.

Where else would Gibbs want to go?

Mjcpr
12/6/2005, 10:15 AM
Where else would Gibbs want to go?

I don't know, I don't subscribe so I didn't get to read the details. Just said he was looking around.

Harry Beanbag
12/6/2005, 10:18 AM
There are a few guys looking around...

Mjcpr
12/6/2005, 10:19 AM
There are a few guys looking around...

Oh, yay!! :mad:

Harry Beanbag
12/6/2005, 10:22 AM
Other than Henry, it looks like they're just wanting to take some trips, have fun, and "make sure". But you never know.

Mjcpr
12/6/2005, 10:22 AM
So what's Henry's problem?

Harry Beanbag
12/6/2005, 10:24 AM
He wants to be a whorn seems to be his biggest flaw. Everything I've read says he's just waiting on Mack to offer.

GDC
12/6/2005, 10:51 AM
oh well

CatfishSooner
12/6/2005, 02:16 PM
So it goes.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/6/2005, 04:04 PM
gibbs blew his knee out earlier this year. there are dots there to be connected...