PDA

View Full Version : Did Duke really just do that?

AustinTXHorn
12/4/2005, 10:13 PM
Are you sh*tting me?

Good lord.

Oh well. Sets up #1 vs. #2 next weekend.

GDC
12/4/2005, 10:35 PM
Are you sh*tting me?

Good lord.

Inappropriate language is against board rules, even if you use asterisks. Post reported.

PrideTrombone
12/4/2005, 10:36 PM
At least Redick didn't hit it.

AustinTXHorn
12/4/2005, 10:57 PM
Inappropriate language is against board rules, even if you use asterisks. Post reported.
Sorry...but you'll have to show me where it says that in the board rules.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
Not seeing nothin' about "even if you use asterisks".

JohnnyMack
12/4/2005, 10:59 PM

Stalking posters has to be against the rules too. No?

GDC
12/4/2005, 11:04 PM
Stalking posters has to be against the rules too. No?

Doubt it. Besides, if he stayed on his own boards he wouldn't have to worry about it, and neither would anyone else.

GDC
12/4/2005, 11:06 PM
Sorry...but you'll have to show me where it says that in the board rules.

Not seeing nothin' about "even if you use asterisks".

That came directly from Phil. Gosh, I would hate to see you get banned.:texan:

AustinTXHorn
12/4/2005, 11:08 PM
That came directly from Phil. Gosh, I would hate to see you get banned.:texan:
That's cool if it did. But it's not in the board rules that I signed up for.

If you want to annoy me, start PMing me after every post instead of posting in the thread. Not only is it annoying to me, but it's annoying to everybody else that posts on this board...including the Sooners.

JohnnyMack
12/4/2005, 11:10 PM
Doubt it. Besides, if he stayed on his own boards he wouldn't have to worry about it, and neither would anyone else.

I dunno, I don't mind hearing opinions other than my own. I don't mind hearing from people who don't wear crimson shaded glasses. I think it would be REALLY boring if it were all OU, all the time. 100% OU propaganda gets tiresome.

GDC
12/4/2005, 11:15 PM
That's cool if it did. But it's not in the board rules that I signed up for.

If you want to annoy me, start PMing me after every post instead of posting in the thread. Not only is it annoying to me, but it's annoying to everybody else that posts on this board...including the Sooners.

Okay, believe that if you want to.:rolleyes:

GDC
12/4/2005, 11:19 PM
I dunno, I don't mind hearing opinions other than my own. I don't mind hearing from people who don't wear crimson shaded glasses. I think it would be REALLY boring if it were all OU, all the time. 100% OU propaganda gets tiresome.

I don't mind, and in fact appreciate, all opinions. I never rag on posters from schools other than Texass. I have my reasons for hating UT and their fans, and it is perverted for any Sooner fan to casually accept their presence here.

JohnnyMack
12/4/2005, 11:20 PM
I don't mind, and in fact appreciate, all opinions. I never rag on posters from schools other than Texass. I have my reasons for hating UT and their fans, and it is perverted for any Sooner fan to casually accept their presence here.

You need a therapist.

Or a joint.

Or a drink.

Or all three.

GDC
12/4/2005, 11:23 PM
You need a therapist.

Or a joint.

Or a drink.

Or all three.

ATX needs a whorn board to post on, and you need to move on to something that actually concerns you.

AustinTXHorn
12/4/2005, 11:26 PM
ATX needs a whorn board to post on, and you need to move on to something that actually concerns you.
What a novel idea.

GDC
12/4/2005, 11:29 PM
What a novel idea.

A novel idea would be you, Lid, Herr, and a few select Sooner whorn lovers starting your own board or forum where you could do whatever it is that makes you so strongly attracted to each other.

AustinTXHorn
12/4/2005, 11:34 PM
you need to move on to something that actually concerns you.
Sorry. :D

PrideTrombone
12/4/2005, 11:34 PM
Not only is it annoying to me, but it's annoying to everybody else that posts on this board...including the Sooners.

Count me in as tired of gdc.

GDC
12/4/2005, 11:38 PM
Count me in as tired of gdc.

I may not sleep tonight.:rolleyes:

PrideTrombone
12/4/2005, 11:39 PM
I may not sleep tonight.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't blame you. I'm kind of a big deal.

Paperclip
12/4/2005, 11:40 PM
A novel idea would be you, Lid, Herr, and a few select Sooner whorn lovers starting your own board or forum where you could do whatever it is that makes you so strongly attracted to each other.

Maybe you should start your own board since apparently you don't like the way Phil runs his.

GDC
12/4/2005, 11:42 PM
The whorn lovers rally...

Paperclip
12/4/2005, 11:43 PM
It's pretty simple really. If I don't like a restaurant I go find another.

Jimminy Crimson
12/4/2005, 11:45 PM
so back to the topic at hand.

what did duke really just do?

tia!

AustinTXHorn
12/4/2005, 11:46 PM
so back to the topic at hand.

what did duke really just do?

tia!
Down by 1 at home to Va Tech with 1.6 seconds left.

Line drive-football pass to halfcourt to Dockery. Dockery turns around and drills a game winning three from halfcourt. Duke wins.

PrideTrombone
12/4/2005, 11:48 PM
The whorn lovers rally...

I just have found better reasons to dislike people than the school they root for. For instance, stubborn refusal to give up on a sadly moot point.

GDC
12/4/2005, 11:49 PM

They always find a way to subversively or overtly laud the whorns with their posts.

Paperclip
12/4/2005, 11:50 PM

You know, I saw the girls score on a ticker today and thought to myself that I had missed it.

AustinTXHorn
12/4/2005, 11:52 PM
You know, I saw the girls score on a ticker today and thought to myself that I had missed it.
Women's BB smack = :confused: If that is smack. I can't tell.

I will say that a 14 point home loss to #1 Duke is an improvement over a 7,500 point thrashing to Tennessee. At least they seem to be getting a little bit better.

GDC
12/4/2005, 11:54 PM
I just have found better reasons to dislike people than the school they root for. For instance, stubborn refusal to give up on a sadly moot point.

Oh, I don't dislike anyone I don't know. ATX's online whorn persona, on the other hand, must be reminded of its place around here.

Paperclip
12/4/2005, 11:55 PM
Uh, no smack. I knew the Texas and Duke men were playing soon. I saw the ladies score on the ticker, didn't realize it was a ladies score. I thought I had missed the men's game which is actually next week.

PrideTrombone
12/4/2005, 11:56 PM
Oh, I don't dislike anyone I don't know. ATX's online whorn persona, on the other hand, must be reminded of its place around here.

Jeez, what do you want? He's a Texas fan who has done a pretty good job of not talking amazing amounts of crap considering that they've had a pretty good year. ATX and Lid are way easier to deal with than probably any other UT fans on the net.

Paperclip
12/4/2005, 11:56 PM
I just saw the highlights. Can you really dribble and then shoot in less than 1.6 seconds?

AustinTXHorn
12/4/2005, 11:57 PM
Uh, no smack. I knew the Texas and Duke men were playing soon. I saw the ladies score on the ticker, didn't realize it was a ladies score. I thought I had missed the men's game which is actually next week.
Ok...I see now. I know how you Sooners love women's basketball. ;)

Sadly for Texas fans, that game this Saturday will be the last bit of excitement until the Rose Bowl. That's a long time of boredom.

Cue gdc.

PrideTrombone
12/4/2005, 11:58 PM
Sadly for Texas fans, that game this Saturday will be the last bit of excitement until the Rose Bowl. That's a long time of boredom.

Yeah, our hearts are bleeding for you. :eddie:

IronSooner
12/5/2005, 01:55 AM
For a second there I almost thought Jimminy would pull it off. You know there is another board for smack around here. I hate UT too, and Duke BB to be honest, but that was a hell of a play. I woke up, flipped around and randomly came to that game just as VaTech layed in their last shot to go ahead. When Duke hit that 3 I thought it was a flashback or something. No way it was a live shot I just saw. I still can't get over it.

David Earl
12/5/2005, 08:41 AM
GDC, this board belongs to Phil. It is not a democracy. It is a dictatorship. No sponsorship arrangement changes the fact that at the end of the day it is Phil's board and will be run the way Phil says. Phil says civil fans of other schools are welcome. That's the way this board has been run since day one and that's the way it will continue to be run until such time Phil decrees otherwise.

GDC
12/5/2005, 08:49 AM
GDC, this board belongs to Phil. It is not a democracy. It is a dictatorship. No sponsorship arrangement changes the fact that at the end of the day it is Phil's board and will be run the way Phil says. Phil says civil fans of other schools are welcome. That's the way this board has been run since day one and that's the way it will continue to be run until such time Phil decrees otherwise.

Phil also doesn't mind if we give the whorns a hard time, as long as there's no cursing or other violations of board rules, he told me this personally.

sanantoniosooner
12/5/2005, 08:57 AM
I wondered why a duke thread would grow so fast.................

GDC
12/5/2005, 09:00 AM
I wondered why a duke thread would grow so fast.................

Of course ATX continues to function as our SF.com sports ticker, keeping us updated on scores from across the country, with the added jibe that #2 UT plays #1 Duke next week.

sanantoniosooner
12/5/2005, 09:04 AM
Of course ATX continues to function as our SF.com sports ticker, keeping us updated on scores from across the country, with the added jibe that #2 UT plays #1 Duke next week.
Thank God you're on the job:D

Have you asked for a raise yet?;)

colleyvillesooner
12/5/2005, 10:16 AM
IN. Don't know what for but, IN.

GDC
12/5/2005, 10:34 AM
Thank God you're on the job:D

Have you asked for a raise yet?;)

I love this job so much, I actually pay Phil to let me do it.

David Earl
12/5/2005, 10:44 AM
Is anybody ever really vebrobaltimisto?

GDC
12/5/2005, 10:53 AM
Is anybody ever really vebrobaltimisto?

I love words I have to look up, and then can't find a definition for.

Spray
12/5/2005, 06:30 PM
gdc, you must be the greatest fisherman in the world.

sanantoniosooner
12/5/2005, 07:23 PM
gdc, you must be the greatest fisherman in the world.
you've got fishing and stalking mixed up.:D

ou4me
12/5/2005, 08:23 PM
You need a therapist.

Or a joint.

Or a drink.

Or all three.

Aye. The act is getting old. Like Joan Rivers. There used to be something decent under there, but now it's just tired old skin stretched across nasty old rotten bones.

GDC
12/5/2005, 08:44 PM
Aye. The act is getting old. Like Joan Rivers. There used to be something decent under there, but now it's just tired old skin stretched across nasty old rotten bones.

Sounds like a description of Bevo.

GDC
12/5/2005, 08:45 PM
you've got fishing and stalking mixed up.:D

You seem to be pretty good at stalking for that matter.

AustinTXHorn
12/5/2005, 08:59 PM
I haven't been warned or banned and the original post was never edited.

:confused:

GDC
12/5/2005, 09:06 PM
I haven't been warned or banned and the original post was never edited.

:confused:

I guess you're not worth the effort.

TheBigRedMachine
12/5/2005, 11:34 PM
Back to the original point, anybody got a video of the shot made by the Dookie?

OUstud
12/7/2005, 12:33 PM
Video please? Never saw it for some reason.

EDIT: Sorry. Pretty much what the guy above me said.

Newbomb Turk
12/9/2005, 09:13 PM
Video please? Never saw it for some reason.

EDIT: Sorry. Pretty much what the guy above me said.

HELLO - This thread isn't about the Duke game. ;)