PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Sucks

Mjcpr
12/4/2005, 02:41 PM
They've been getting worse instead of better. NY is kicking their asses....I'm not shocked, I didn't really expect them to beat NY in NY but I did hope they would make it closer than this. They look horrible.

Dear Bill,

Please draft: OL, WR, LB in that order.

Thanks.

jk the sooner fan
12/4/2005, 07:58 PM
you call that an *** kicking?

wow.....mmkay.....some standards you've got there...

the dallas defense gave up 10 points....the giant defense gave up the same, but took 7 - the difference.....some horrible calls by the refs that kept NY on a long drive

Sooner04
12/5/2005, 09:34 AM
you call that an *** kicking?
It was when he posted it. I imagine when this post was logged the score was either 10-0 at the half or 17-0 right after the fumble return.

Dallas showed some life later, but they can't win with defense alone. The O-line wasn't giving Bledsoe any time to throw and Parcells forgot Marion Barber has proved himself to be a solid back.

Now the Cowboys are tied with the MINNESOTA VIKINGS! :) for the last playoff spot in the NFC.

Mjcpr
12/5/2005, 10:01 AM
It was when he posted it. I imagine when this post was logged the score was either 10-0 at the half or 17-0 right after the fumble return.

This is correct. At the time, they had like 20 yards of offense. They came back a little in the second half only to get my hopes up and then stomp them into the ground.

The O-line was giving Bledsoe any time to throw and Parcells forgot Marion Barber has proved himself to be a solid back.

This is also correct.

GrapevineSooner
12/5/2005, 03:35 PM
I think the WR corps is pretty good.

It's the offensive line that is absolutely killing them. They couldn't create any holes for the RB's to run through and they sure as hell didn't give Bledsoe much time to throw.

Granted, he played pretty average and underthrew quite a few receivers yesterday. But this one's clearly on the O-line.

colleyvillesooner
12/6/2005, 03:14 PM
I think the WR corps is pretty good.

It's the offensive line that is absolutely killing them. They couldn't create any holes for the RB's to run through and they sure as hell didn't give Bledsoe much time to throw.

Granted, he played pretty average and underthrew quite a few receivers yesterday. But this one's clearly on the O-line.

Ditto

GrapevineSooner
12/7/2005, 11:21 PM
Oh great.

Both Glenn and Henry are questionable for Sunday against the Chiefs. If either corner is out, the Cowboys are skaaaaa-rewed.

Mjcpr
12/8/2005, 09:31 AM
:O
Oh great.

Both Glenn and Henry are questionable for Sunday against the Chiefs. If either corner is out, the Cowboys are skaaaaa-rewed.

Nice. We kinda need to win this one to stay in the race.

jk the sooner fan
12/8/2005, 09:34 AM
kinda is an overstatement! i think we're done.......sad to say, everybody on our schedule knows all they have to do is rush 2 against either tucker or petiti

Mjcpr
12/8/2005, 09:49 AM
Who's up next? I know we have Washington at Washington...not sure who else.

KC doesn't seem to play that well on the road so I'm still hopeful. And, the Giants could lose.

jk the sooner fan
12/8/2005, 09:58 AM
KC
at Wash
at Carolina
St Louis

Mjcpr
12/8/2005, 10:02 AM
KC
at Wash
at Carolina
St Louis

Ouch. That looks a lot like 1-2.

jk the sooner fan
12/8/2005, 10:03 AM
we'll be lucky to finish that 4 game stretch at 2-2, which i dont think gets us in the playoffs

we should beat washington and st louis....the other two...probably not

TopDawg
12/8/2005, 10:42 AM
Dallas Sucks

Sweet music to my ears.

Mjcpr
12/8/2005, 10:59 AM
Sweet music to my ears.

Okay

colleyvillesooner
12/8/2005, 11:28 AM
We have to go 3-1

It wouldn't suprise me at all though if this team lost to KC at home, then beat Carolina on the road

TopDawg
12/8/2005, 02:16 PM
Okay

Yeah, that's right.

GrapevineSooner
12/9/2005, 11:52 AM
Yeah, that's right.
Yeah well....

Yankees suck. ;)

TopDawg
12/9/2005, 05:35 PM
Heh.

Actually I'm just a former Cowboys hater. I used to be a big 49ers fan but with all the changes they've gone through lately they aren't even a shell of their former selves and with my recent involvement with fantasy football, I've really become a fan of many and hater of few (if any). I still have "tiers" of teams that dictate who I root for and against, but there are few teams that I hate anymore...mostly just players.

However, I always enjoy giving Cowboy fans a hard time. Especially the ones who still claim they are America's team.

Mjcpr
12/12/2005, 09:14 AM
However, I always enjoy giving Cowboy fans a hard time. Especially the ones who still claim they are America's team.

I've never seen an official declaration by the league or anything but I think it's still understood by most people. :D

Oh, and yay! That was a fun game to watch yesterday. Thanks for the holding call Derrick Johnson. Whorns....they gift that keeps on giving.

jk the sooner fan
12/12/2005, 09:17 AM
there's no team in the league that can play in just about any stadium across the country and have just as many fans there as the home team

i've seen some games where it would seem Dallas was playing at home when they were on the road because of all the local fans

thats how/where they got the "america's team" moniker

Sooner04
12/12/2005, 09:39 AM
Actually I'm just a former Cowboys hater. I used to be a big 49ers fan but with all the changes they've gone through lately they aren't even a shell of their former selves and with my recent involvement with fantasy football, I've really become a fan of many and hater of few (if any). I still have "tiers" of teams that dictate who I root for and against, but there are few teams that I hate anymore...mostly just players.
See: Frontrunner

Fugue
12/12/2005, 10:13 AM
What really ticks me off about yesterday is that in a few of the earlier games, if Dallas opens up the offense just a fraction of the way they did against the Chiefs, they could have 10 or 11 wins right now. :mack:

TopDawg
12/12/2005, 11:48 AM
I've never seen an official declaration by the league or anything but I think it's still understood by most people. :D

That's what Cowboy fans think, but it's not true.

TopDawg
12/12/2005, 11:50 AM
there's no team in the league that can play in just about any stadium across the country and have just as many fans there as the home team

That's right. NO team in the league. :texan:

TopDawg
12/12/2005, 11:57 AM
See: Frontrunner

Teams I was not a fan of and the season I was not a fan of theirs (since 1994):

Dallas (1995)
Green Bay (1996)
Denver (1997, 1998)
St. Louis (1999)
Baltimore (2000)
New England (2001, 2003, 2004)
Tampa Bay (2002)

I'll give you two guesses as to what those teams/years have in common.

Mjcpr
12/12/2005, 12:00 PM
That's what Cowboy fans think, but it's not true.

You seem very touchy about this subject.

;)

mrowl
12/12/2005, 12:10 PM
That's right. NO team in the league. :texan:

you haven't watched very many Cowboys games this year than... :D

TopDawg
12/12/2005, 12:25 PM
You seem very touchy about this subject.

;)

I didn't mean to give off that vibe. I don't get upset that Cowboy fans feel that way. I actually think it's pretty funny. Kinda cute, even.

I won't deny that Dallas is one of the more popular teams in the league, but they haven't been America's Team since the 70's. They built that image not by winning, but by winning while being a very reputable group of men. That's why in the 90's, when they were winning with Michael Irvin and his Merry Band of Drug Addicts, they didn't reoccupy a spot as America's Team. During that time, the Packers were probably the team that most closely fit that mold. Lately it's been the Pats. The Colts might get there.

GrapevineSooner
12/18/2005, 05:43 PM
ttt.

Because they certainly do today in every facet of the f***ing game.

Suffice it to say, this team doesn't deserve to make the playoffs.

chriscappel
12/18/2005, 06:01 PM
I hate Dallas with a huge passion (dont ask why) I hope the Skins run it up. (even though i dont like them either)

jk the sooner fan
12/18/2005, 06:02 PM
we are getting our *** handed to us today

this is ugly

Snyder Cyclone
12/18/2005, 06:06 PM
Major suckage is correct. Pitiful effort with playoff opportunity on the line. Washington is kicking their butt and making them like it. I don't look for Big Bill and his ultra-vanilla offense to be back. And please, take the elusive Drew Bledsoe with you. (extreme sarcasm)

jk the sooner fan
12/18/2005, 06:12 PM
Bledsoe isnt the problem, the lack of an offensive line is....

GrapevineSooner
12/18/2005, 06:19 PM
And a linebacking unit that doesn't know how to tackle.

If I don't see Torrin Tucker in a Cowboys uniform for the rest of my life, I'll be a happy man. I don't think I've ever seen an offensive lineman look as lost as he has today.

Snyder Cyclone
12/18/2005, 06:20 PM
True enough, the offensive line is terribly inconsistent, But you can't expect to have perfect protection for Drew-boy every play. He makes Troy Aikman look like Michael Vick when it comes to elusiveness.

jk the sooner fan
12/18/2005, 07:14 PM
True enough, the offensive line is terribly inconsistent, But you can't expect to have perfect protection for Drew-boy every play. He makes Troy Aikman look like Michael Vick when it comes to elusiveness.

i dont know how often you've watched the Cowboys this year, but there have been times when Bledsoe had lots of time.....he's a drop back passer, not a scrambler........once Flozell Adams went down, so did the Cowboys

you cant expect a drop back passer to have mobility when both of the tackles are allowing a speed rush from the outside and your center is really too small for the NFL's normal nose tackle.

put a good O line in front of Bledsoe and i'd keep him, has a cannon for an arm

Mjcpr
12/19/2005, 10:01 AM
How do they turn in dogs like that from time to time? Some games they'll look like they belong in the playoffs and some games they look like they used to look when facing Buddy Ryan's Eagles. Yuck.

mrowl
12/19/2005, 10:10 AM
I would like to thank Bill Parcells for preparing this team to play like **** yesterday. :mad: :mad:

When are the reporters around here going to grow some balls and ask him the questions about himself, and his staff? :mad:

Not about his giants teams 10-15 years ago?? :mad: :mad:

soonerjoker
12/19/2005, 10:38 AM
loved that game !!!!!!!!!
wanted skin to "really pour it on" .

OUthunder
12/19/2005, 07:34 PM
That was good stuff.

Julius was a great pick! :rolleyes:

Snyder Cyclone
12/19/2005, 07:57 PM
Jk, I've been watching the cowboys every weekend since 1964 or before. I didn't say Bledsoe was a scrambler, I just think as a pro athlete, he should be able to avoid a little better. Yes, losing Flozell did hurt but Flozell made his fair share of blunders and missed blocking assignments also.

GrapevineSooner
12/19/2005, 07:58 PM
That was good stuff.

Julius was a great pick! :rolleyes:
I'm not sure Walter Payton in his prime would be able to run for much yardage behind the O-line the Cowboys are rolling out there.

Keep in mind that three of the five starters have three years or less of experience.

sanantoniosooner
12/19/2005, 07:59 PM
Drew Bledsoe gets sacked by his coffee table at home.

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2005, 08:01 PM
he was never touted as a mobile QB........when he has protection, even just "decent protection"....he's very good

when there is little to no protection........DEAD MAN STANDING!

and grapevine is right.......Jones is not a bad pick, most RB's with ****ty Olines look bad.....kind of hard to get yardage when your O line cant move the D whatsoever

sanantoniosooner
12/19/2005, 08:09 PM
don't get me wrong, the loss wasn't Drew's fault.

But he has to wear a rib jacket around his nephews.

TopDawg
12/20/2005, 10:31 AM
One time the SportsCenter crew was interviewing some big time defensive guy from some NFL team--it totally escapes me who they were talking to--but they asked him "Who is the toughest quarterback to take down?" and he responded with "Drew Bledsoe." The SC guy said something like "What? He's the most sacked quarterback in the NFL!" and the guy responded with "You said 'the toughest to bring down.' He's not all that tough to get to, but it's tough to bring him down...he's a big guy."

At any rate, man, they really stunk it up. And if Todd Heap hadn't gone off last night I'd've been really ****ed at them because the guy I was playing in fantasy football had Washington's defense...so he wracked up big points because of the 'Boys playing like girls.

soonerjoker
1/3/2006, 11:16 AM
whew, a great surprise, cowgirls weren't able to "back into" the play-offs.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2006, 11:18 AM
they didnt deserve to be there, would have just been another loss

TopDawg
1/3/2006, 11:24 AM
What do you think will be their draft strategy? Positions/players you think they'll go for.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2006, 11:32 AM
OL OL OL OL OL

personally, i'd love to see them put together a trade package with julius jones and some draft picks, to move up and have a chance at leinhart

barber (imo) is a better back than jones

TopDawg
1/3/2006, 12:00 PM
Do you think they can move up that high? I mean, I know they CAN, but I think they'll have to give up a lot to get there...do you think they'd do that just to get Leinart, or would they give up a little less and try to get someone like Vince or the Vandy QB or D'Brickashaw...the big OL from Virginia?

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2006, 12:04 PM
Do you think they can move up that high? I mean, I know they CAN, but I think they'll have to give up a lot to get there...do you think they'd do that just to get Leinart, or would they give up a little less and try to get someone like Vince or the Vandy QB or D'Brickashaw...the big OL from Virginia?

well, anything is possible with Jerry Jones

who knows.....Houston won the Bush bowl, but San Fran who took a first round QB last year, is 2d.....its likely they'd trade down after paying big bucks to whatever QB it was they took.....or at least possible

you cant think that the Cowboys will solve ALL their OL problems with the draft.....some of it will have to come via free agency. and you never know who will be available when its dallas' turn on the board

as much as it pains me to say it, OL are a dime a dozen (not great ones)....Great QB's are not.....drew bledsoe is a patch over a hole in the dyke, and if they are preparing for the future, they need a young QB with some potential. looks like Drew Henson will be going to NFL Europe

OUthunder
1/3/2006, 12:10 PM
If Parcels does retire, they should hire Mike Tice as HC and immediately set up a cruise on Lake Dallas for the players in his honor.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2006, 12:11 PM
no self respecting cowboy player would cruise on lake dallas ......they'd go to texoma.....

TopDawg
1/3/2006, 12:20 PM
By the way, I agree about Barber. I think he'll be a stud.

well, anything is possible with Jerry Jones

who knows.....Houston won the Bush bowl, but San Fran who took a first round QB last year, is 2d.....its likely they'd trade down after paying big bucks to whatever QB it was they took.....or at least possible

Actually, the 49ers, by beating the Texans, fell down to like 6th or 7th in the draft. They WOULD have been no lower than second if they would've lost to the Texans, but with the win their record moved them above a few other teams so their draft pick got exponentially worse. It doesn't really matter, though, because they haven't made a good draft pick in several years.

you cant think that the Cowboys will solve ALL their OL problems with the draft.....some of it will have to come via free agency. and you never know who will be available when its dallas' turn on the board

Yeah, it's still pretty early to speculate too much about draft needs as there is still a lot of time to make some deals to address some of those needs. What position will Dallas be selecting at? Around 18?

Mjcpr
1/3/2006, 12:49 PM
I think they pick at 18, yeah. If they couldn't get into the playoffs, might as well lose and improve your draft position. I'm sure they didn't think that way as a team, but I don't play for Dallas so I can think it if I want. :)

Needs: OL, LB, WR, QB of the future, S

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2006, 12:49 PM
i'm not sure what their position is, but that sounds about right......Jones has a habit of going against what everybody thinks he should do....so time will only tell what direction they go

i really wish they'd go with barber and thompson and unload jones......statistically his potential is very bright, but he's soft and gets injured too much for me to like him

Mjcpr
1/3/2006, 12:56 PM
According to one site:

1. Hou
2. NO
3. Tenn
4. NYJ
5. GB
6. Oak
7. SF
8. Buf
9. Det
10. Arz
11. StL
12. Cle
13. Bal
14. Phi
15. Atl
16. Mia
17. Min
18. Dal
19. SD
20. KC

The rest TBD after playoffs.

TopDawg
1/3/2006, 01:02 PM
i'm not sure what their position is, but that sounds about right......Jones has a habit of going against what everybody thinks he should do....so time will only tell what direction they go

I thought last year's draft was a pretty good one for them. It'll look even better if they're able to make Barber their feature back and let Jones go to address some other needs. And I forgot about Thompson...he's fun to watch.

I'd be surprised if Houston or New Orleans, at #1 and #2, gave up much for Jones...and a little surprised if Tennessee, at #3, did...but the Jets and possibly Green Bay, at #4 and #5, might be willing to part with some folks/picks to get Jones.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2006, 01:06 PM
last years draft could well be one of the best drafts Dallas has ever had...Barber was a steal, the D players they got, Spears, Ware, Canty......even the much maligned Petiti could turn out to be much better in the future

i think i read somewhere that NO would go after Leinhart

TopDawg
1/3/2006, 01:12 PM
I don't know why...they already have Aaron Brooks...the bane of my fantasy football existence.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2006, 01:20 PM
well that was the gist of the article.......Brooks is as good as gone

TopDawg
1/3/2006, 01:47 PM
Leinart will have a shot at success there. They've been close several times and he's got some decent offensive weapons around him. Of course, who they bring in as coach will have a lot to do with it.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2006, 01:48 PM
yeah they've got some great WR's......and when McAllister is healthy....

TopDawg
1/3/2006, 01:58 PM
Maybe Dallas can pick up Brooks. ;)

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2006, 02:03 PM
Maybe Dallas can pick up Brooks. ;)

dude, seriously, it would be just like Jones to do that.....in the absence of anybody else available, he'd see some "upside" in brooks and go after him, pay him big money

remember Tony Banks?

TopDawg
1/3/2006, 02:08 PM
remember Tony Banks?

Heh. Wasn't he bumbling around for someone this weekend?

What about Bledsoe's backup? One of my friends who is a die-hard Cowboy fan seems to think he's at least serviceable...at least good enough that he could step in and buy them some time to address some other, more pressing needs, first.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2006, 02:10 PM
Romo isnt any better than Henson, and thats not saying much

TopDawg
1/3/2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah, Romo. Maybe he just looks okay because he only plays in pre-season games.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2006, 02:20 PM
i saw him in a pre-season game and he was horrible......he's good in practice.......didnt have quite the dear in the headlights look that Henson had, but he wasnt any better

if Bledsoe had ever gone down, you'd have seen how bad we really could have been

OUthunder
1/3/2006, 02:26 PM
no self respecting cowboy player would cruise on lake dallas ......they'd go to texoma.....

Current or former players? Because if you bring some coke, a few skanky hookers, and a jewelry salesman on the boat... Michael Irvin would gladly take sail on Lake Dallas. :D

TopDawg
1/3/2006, 02:35 PM
Current or former players? Because if you bring some coke, a few skanky hookers, and a jewelry salesman on the boat... Michael Irvin would gladly take sail in a sewage treatment plant

:texan: