PDA

View Full Version : poor gaurd play

cma14
12/4/2005, 01:39 AM
i have a hard time watching these gaurds play. seems as if there is no offense. an inside game doesn't do much good without people to get them the ball. sorta felt this way last year but played it off by saying th guards are/were young. wish they were, and maybe be the end of the season they are, but the sooners are not the number 5 team in the country.

GDC
12/4/2005, 01:59 AM
i have a hard time watching these gaurds play.

I thought this post was in French.

OKC Sooner
12/4/2005, 02:41 AM
http://www.chillifarm.com/images/gourds_a.jpg ????

GottaHavePride
12/4/2005, 02:41 AM
How do you gaurd guards? Or is it guard gaurds? Gourds?

Ground_Attack
12/4/2005, 05:07 AM
why would you want to gaurd a gourd? all they do is sit there!

NickZeppelin
12/4/2005, 10:20 AM
Our gaurd play wasn't the problem. Nova just has better gaurds. Nova was ranked 4th going in for a reason. I'm glad we were in there the final minutes. If AJ drains a 3 near the end it's a 7 point game. That was with about a minute left. Now after he missed that 3 it was basically over. But we were in it the entire way against a top 5 team. And we won't see better gaurds all year.

Plus we may have found ourselves a new PG in AJ. That game really showed a lot for me this team may win it all this year.

crawfish
12/4/2005, 10:55 AM
Watching the game again, it seemed that Everett got very tired by the second half, causing a lot of turnovers. I'm sure this is due to playing against so many quick guards. Walker played badly and could not spell him. AJ came in and gave some valuable minutes, but this being his first significant game against D1 competition he was very overmatched and not in a position to put us back in the game.

We absolutely NEED either AJ or Walker to ably play significant minutes at point. AJ looks like he has a bit of potential.

cma14
12/4/2005, 01:10 PM
wow. i didn't read anything in the forums on spelling.i clearly rely on spell check. i wonder, what, happens, when, you mess, up. punkuation.

i simply think the guards where out played. texas and osu both have solid guards, don't kid yourself. i'm not a hater or anything, just think to be a top 5 team, you can't turn the ball over.

crawfish
12/4/2005, 04:38 PM
wow. i didn't read anything in the forums on spelling.i clearly rely on spell check. i wonder, what, happens, when, you mess, up. punkuation.

If you can't take the humor, then perhaps this board isn't for you.

i simply think the guards where out played. texas and osu both have solid guards, don't kid yourself. i'm not a hater or anything, just think to be a top 5 team, you can't turn the ball over.

Ever? :rolleyes:

GDC
12/4/2005, 10:02 PM

I don't normally do spelling/grammar smack, it was in fun.

Sooner24
12/4/2005, 10:05 PM

Unless you are a Longhorn. :D

OKC Sooner
12/4/2005, 10:07 PM

Ditto. Sorry about the gaurd pic.

GDC
12/4/2005, 10:36 PM
Unless you are a Longhorn. :D

I hit them from every possible angle.:texan:

cma14
12/18/2005, 12:50 PM
another poor game. I think the big 12, as down of a conference as it is, is going to show off our weakness.

OUFANINKC
1/10/2006, 05:18 PM
Missouri is one of the few teams in the big 12 that have as bad of a back court as we do. Tonight, look for a very sloppy and physical ball game out of MU. Quinner admitted his job was on the line...desperation is setting in.

OUGreg723
1/10/2006, 06:15 PM
All I know is, Scottie Reynolds is going to come in and start. Next year should be better, as young as we will be.

Soonerus
1/10/2006, 10:40 PM
Guards need to improve...

PrideTrombone
1/10/2006, 10:47 PM
All I know is, Scottie Reynolds is going to come in and start. Next year should be better, as young as we will be.

Replace "Scottie Reynolds" with "Michael Neal", "Drew Lavender", etc. We've heard it every year since Hollis/Quannas left. "These new guards will save our offense." Ain't happening.

NickZeppelin
1/10/2006, 11:11 PM
I think Neal could have had a good year if he wasn't so injury prone. That's been a killer for us. Reynolds looks like a good player but James will be the guard we all love. He's a 6-8 guard that can post up.

Gdog
1/11/2006, 02:21 PM
Regardless of the "next year" talk, this team is the most talented since Kelvin has been here and we're going backwards. Losing Taj and Kevin is not going to be easy....

NickZeppelin
1/11/2006, 03:11 PM
If we get better guard play then they'll be better next year. And this crap about how Kelvin can't score it's from clueless football fans that no nothing about basketball. Since Kelvin has been here very few programs have scored more and shot better then Kelvins teams have.

usmc-sooner
1/11/2006, 03:31 PM
it's from clueless football fans that no nothing about basketball.

what about clueless dungeons and dragons fans who know nothing about basketball or football?
:eek:

NickZeppelin
1/11/2006, 03:35 PM
I played basketball before and I love the sport more then anything else. I've never heard of dungeons and dragons.