PDA

View Full Version : Best Cellphone service???

SouthLink02
10/6/2003, 10:01 PM
Ok, I got AT&T. Will never use it again
Have Cingular now....somewhat dislike it

Verizon people? AllTell people? Give me some thoughts

QT KT
10/6/2003, 10:10 PM
I just got Cingular's GSM service - I am very happy - much improved from the old service.

OUthunder
10/6/2003, 10:11 PM
I have T-Mobile & They SUCK!!!

Terrible CS, many dropped calls, phones are ****, billing is always F'd up!!!

Consumer Reports ranked Verizon #1

I'll give them a shot next year!

Good luck!!!

soonerboomer93
10/6/2003, 11:14 PM
i have sprint, and have never, (other then one call to the call center) had an issue.

There are positives and negatives to everyphone company, you just have to figure the one you have the least issues with.

BamaBaby
10/7/2003, 12:27 AM
Verizon worked well for everywhere I went until. . . .

my mama moved to Tulsa.

Can't get service there for NOTHING!!

aarrgggggggggggggg

can you hear me now??? HELL NO!!

SouthLink02
10/7/2003, 12:29 AM
i have sprint, and have never, (other then one call to the call center) had an issue.

There are positives and negatives to everyphone company, you just have to figure the one you have the least issues with.
Well, in New Orleans, Sprint if aweful. I mean...AWEFUL. Two friends and my Sister's husband had it for months and NEVER, EVER got calls. Always went straight to voicemail

SOONER44EVER
10/7/2003, 12:51 AM
Sprint is the WORST company, not just cell phone company, I have ever been involved with. Their service sucks. Their phones suck. Their people suck. Did I mention they suck?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/7/2003, 01:20 AM
here is a hint. if you have at&t, i know lots of stuff...

BamaBaby
10/7/2003, 01:23 AM
Sprint is the WORST company, not just cell phone company, I have ever been involved with. Their service sucks. Their phones suck. Their people suck. Did I mention they suck?

Unfortunately they seem to be the only company my mother could find in Tulsa to get service through... the woman has to GO OUTSIDE to use her phone. It will not work inside her house for anything... she'll call me for 10 minutes and then say "honey, it's gettin chilly I need to go back inside" -

Sad, really sad service!!

SOONER44EVER
10/7/2003, 01:28 AM
My uncle lives in Deer Creek N. of OKC. He got good reception with sprint ......................WHEN HE CLIMBED ON HIS FREAKIN ROOF!!! SPRINT SUCKS!!!

SouthLink02
10/7/2003, 01:29 AM
I had AT&T. Horrid....

Cam
10/7/2003, 07:57 AM
Cingular is the worst service I have EVER had with any product I've ever owned. Their maps are incorrect, their customer service is terrible and they're just all around Di&^heads.

So far, Sprint's been the best service we have found. I've even been able to use their service in the sticks of Kansas and South Dakota. If you're having trouble picking up signals, there are two things you should do. 1) Go to the nearest sales center and get the towers updated on your phone. You should do this about every 6 months. 2) Use the automatic feature to find a tower. This means you will have to roam more than you want, but at least you'll have service.

Mjcpr
10/7/2003, 08:02 AM
I've had AT&T for 2+ years and I have had no complaints at all.

RacerX
10/7/2003, 08:55 AM
in conclusion

They're all great
They all suck

RedstickSooner
10/7/2003, 09:11 AM
One quick side note -- sometimes it isn't your service provider. There's also a big difference amongst different model phones in their ability to pick up and hold a signal.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any site that measures such things objectively -- I don't even know what the signal measurement would be. However, if you have really bad reception problems, you may want to look into getting a new phone and keeping the old cellular service. Particularly since they probably have you by the contractual chimichangas anyhow ;)

saucysoonergal
10/7/2003, 09:59 AM
My experience, and I have been will everyone except Version, all AT&T cares about is money and theirs reps have all been snotty. Sprint had almost no customer service and lots of dead spots. Cingular has been pretty good so far. They were the cheapest and have had great reception. I have had no problems and have not had a reason to call customer service. They have the cheapest nationwide plan which is nice if you ever leave your home calling area. AT&T wants like $60.00 a month for nationwide. Cingular was $30.00.

Just my two cents...

BamaBaby
10/7/2003, 10:04 AM
Verizon has really done well for me with exception of coverage in Oklahoma...

I was without service for 4 days in OKC and Norman last year (this after being told I would have service so I gave out my number to everyone) and I don't get service in Tulsa when I'm my moms. They have told me they are "working" on expanding the coverage areas there. As for my trip to Norman... They did me right, the few calls I did make - they gave me credit on the roaming.

All in all - I gotta say, when I've had issues they've come through with answers.... so far.

SouthLink02
10/7/2003, 10:42 AM
But like, I was in New Orleans when I had AT&T. Not a small freakin service area. And they still sucked. Cingular in Athens is that bad but not great.

Cam
10/7/2003, 10:58 AM
in conclusion

They're all great
They all suckYep

OUthunder
10/7/2003, 11:24 AM
I told you folks that T-Mobile SUCKS!!!

crimson&cream
8/11/2006, 07:59 PM
I don't know how this came about , but I read many of our soldiers stationed in Iraq ask to be let out of their Sprint contracts and Sprint said-NO WAY! Now thats patrotism for you.
One of our bosses at work has Sprint and cusses it all the time.

MamaMia
8/11/2006, 08:29 PM
I have had Cellular One for 5 years. In the beginning their range was just awful, but they have some new towers now which really helped. I signed a new contract just the other day.

The only complaint I have now is that they have no roll over minutes; or at least not in my area.

RacerX
8/11/2006, 08:45 PM
Yep

Agreed.

BoogercountySooner
8/11/2006, 08:54 PM
I'm a cingular man and very happy out here in the Boonies of Booger County!:)

yermom
8/11/2006, 11:32 PM
I don't know how this came about , but I read many of our soldiers stationed in Iraq ask to be let out of their Sprint contracts and Sprint said-NO WAY! Now thats patrotism for you.
One of our bosses at work has Sprint and cusses it all the time.

i thought there was a law about this?

i have T-Mobile and i'm thinking i need a company with better coverage

i like the plan otherwise... i need a new phone BAD though

Newbomb Turk
8/11/2006, 11:36 PM
I have had Cingular for several years in OKC and have no complaints.

Getem
8/11/2006, 11:48 PM
Oh, but there's hope on the horizon! Cox is supposed to be close to offering cell phone service.

Except it's just rebranded Sprint.

8/11/2006, 11:52 PM
I think Cell service is something that will improve VERY rapidly, regardless the provider.

But for now, Cingular seems to be the best we've had. We got rid of our landline 3 years ago, fearing it would be a major hassle.

I can't imagine having a landline now.

Frozen Sooner
8/11/2006, 11:53 PM

Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act (which has since been retitled).

However, last time I read it I think it didn't apply to any contracts you entered into after enlistment. I could be wrong on this, and I remember that as it applied to us we just went ahead and modified rates for anyone heading into a warzone regardless of what the statute was.

GottaHavePride
8/12/2006, 12:41 AM

Consumer Reports said Verizon is the best. Unfortunately they don't exist in Oklahoma.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/12/2006, 11:25 AM
I have Cingular and I drop more calls than not, and I live in Houston. Everytime I see those dropped call commercials, it makes my blood boil.