PDA

View Full Version : Kansas losing to Nevada, 3:44 to go

OUstudent4life
12/1/2005, 10:53 PM
down by 2

refs have been calling an...odd...game, I think.

OUstudent4life
12/1/2005, 10:56 PM
down by four after a three pointer, 2:53 to go. Kansas has been missing some point-blank shots under the basket for a while here in the second half.

OUstudent4life
12/1/2005, 10:57 PM
stupid alley-oop try. and Kansas can't rebound this year, either, if this game is any indication.

AustinTXHorn
12/1/2005, 11:00 PM
Fazekas is bringing back bad memories.

AustinTXHorn
12/1/2005, 11:17 PM
Nice play there. KU falls to 2-3.

JohnnyMack
12/1/2005, 11:17 PM
Dear Bill Self,

Enjoy the season.

Sincerely,

Schadenfreude.

OUstud
12/1/2005, 11:22 PM
Could Self be the most overrated coach in recent memory? If this keeps up, he'll get crucified.

Salt City Sooner
12/1/2005, 11:48 PM
Not the biggest of upsets. Remember, Nevada was the ranked team, not KU. I strongly suspect however, that once all those newbs up in Lawrence get more familiar w/ the system plus figure out each other's tendencies, that there's a more than decent chance that they'd come out on top.

william_brasky
12/2/2005, 01:39 AM
Yeah, KU's got a pretty young squad. They won't be a factor in the Big 12 this season. It'll be interesting to see how the Jayhawk fans handle this sub-par season. Self was being quite a little beeyatch to the officials tonight. I found that entertaining.

crawfish
12/2/2005, 10:12 AM
On the other hand, Brandon Rush is a HUGE surprise. Much better and more of a team player than I thought he'd be. Just think how bad KU would be had they not snagged him...

Grimey
12/2/2005, 10:24 AM
Could Self be the most overrated coach in recent memory? If this keeps up, he'll get crucified.

personally, I am stunned to see him struggle so much. He was great when he was in Tulsa. He must be one of those that thrives on the David vs Goliath motivation...

soonerspiff
12/2/2005, 06:27 PM
Self is probably one of the best recruiters I've ever seen but I've never been overly impressed by his coaching abilities. But maybe I'm an idiot because he did do really well at Illinois, won two Big 10/11 titles... didn't really make that much noise in the tournament though, except for that elite 8.

AustinTXHorn
12/2/2005, 08:09 PM
Self is probably one of the best recruiters I've ever seen but I've never been overly impressed by his coaching abilities. But maybe I'm an idiot because he did do really well at Illinois, won two Big 10/11 titles... didn't really make that much noise in the tournament though, except for that elite 8.
I won't be sold on Self until he gets to the Final Four. He's had a lot of talent at Tulsa, Illinois, and KU and still hasn't been there.

He should have been to the FF at Tulsa. Heck, he lost to an 8 seeded UNC team in the Elite Eight.

He also should have been last year at Kansas. Losing to Bucknell was just sad.

GDC
12/2/2005, 09:57 PM
I won't be sold on Self until he gets to the Final Four. He's had a lot of talent at Tulsa, Illinois, and KU and still hasn't been there.

He should have been to the FF at Tulsa. Heck, he lost to an 8 seeded UNC team in the Elite Eight.

He also should have been last year at Kansas. Losing to Bucknell was just sad.

We can relate to those 8 seed UNC teams jumping and biting us. Now go home, whorn.

Salt City Sooner
12/3/2005, 01:20 AM
"Heck, he lost to an 8 seeded UNC team in the Elite Eight."
Tulsa was the 7 seed that year, so not the biggest of upsets there. To his credit, TU had to knock off 2 higher seeds (including 2 seed Cincy) to even get to the UNC game. Agreed about last year though, no excuse on that one.