PDA

View Full Version : Well, It Was Ugly, But We Got the Win

SoonerFan80
11/30/2005, 10:23 PM
Boomer Sooner!!!

Jimminy Crimson
11/30/2005, 10:34 PM
ugly indeed. glad we did our good deed and went up to tulsey to play them. now lets get on with the rest of the season! :D

FaninAma
11/30/2005, 11:23 PM
Classic Kevin Sampson team scoring drought in the second half. The chemistry on this team sucks right now. If Nova is hot from the 3 point arc the Sooners lose by double digits this weekend.

william_brasky
12/1/2005, 12:35 AM
I stated this in the Game Thread, and I'll say it again: offensively we stand around way too much. I didn't see any movement without the basketball. No off ball screens. Perhaps we're saving those sets/plays for future games as our coaching staff thought that we could outtalent (is that a word?) Tulsa. I don't know. It was just kinda boring watching a guard dribble around (throw in a high pick every now and again), try to penetrate and then try to dish the ball or score.

JohnnyMack
12/1/2005, 10:29 AM
I thought we did a poor job of creating offense/movement underneath the basket. Conversely I think TU really packed it in and created a lot of traffic underneath making it hard for us create said offense/movement. Taj Gray wasn't very sharp last night. Seemed disinterested at times, lacked steam.

Our transition game looked bad too, and again TU did a good job of getting back, not giving up too many easy buckets.

Also I thought the officiating was marginal to poor. As inconsistent a game as I can remember seeing on the part of the officials.

Fan said our team chemistry sucks right now. Good. I'd rather have it suck now, learn lessons from it and grow as a team in Nov. & Dec. than I would hit the skids in conference play.

Overall we've got tons of talent at the guard position, seem thin under the basket.

We played pretty solid defensively, but TU doesn't seem to have much of an offensive threat.

boomersoonerdude
12/1/2005, 10:38 AM
We'll find out if this team is a final four caliper this weekend..... I don't remember when was the last time I watch some good basketball games this early in the season like this year. We'll really have to play harder if we want to compete with others.

#1 SOONER FAN
12/1/2005, 03:29 PM
We need to have someone else besides Everett handle the ball, every time I looked up he would be dribbling around, not passing the ball at least to our boys. I saw more passes to the Tulsa boys. Looked awful lazy to me. He gave it away more than he scored. I thought he was the point guard, well what's he doing underneath the basket.

soonerspiff
12/1/2005, 04:20 PM
I didn't get to watch the game but I'd be tentative to rag on Everett's play. He scored 26 points and from my understanding basically won the game for us.

Oh, and he was averaging over 7 assists a game coming in.

#1 SOONER FAN
12/1/2005, 04:30 PM
Last night he had One assist and 5 turnovers SO he didn't have a good night but like you said they won but they looked real ragged. They better do better Saturday or they won't win that game.

StoopTroup
12/1/2005, 06:23 PM
That win should really help OUr BCS rankings. :D

OUTromBoNado
12/2/2005, 09:26 PM
Was there anyone at the game that saw the wannabe-coach pacing the baselines in front of the Tulsa student section? Wow. That guy was freakin' hilarious.