PDA

View Full Version : Mike Danton Case

HoserSooner
11/30/2005, 02:08 PM
Not sure how much of this case gets discussed down there, but there is a documentary on CBC tonight at 9, that from what is being said, exposes a lot of disturbing details.

For those that do not recall, Danton was a forward with St. Louis and the day after San Jose eliminated the Blues from the playoffs, was arrested and charged with trying to have his agent David Frost murdered. It hasn't gotten much attention lately, but this documentary appears to have opened it all back up again.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2005/11/29/Sports/danton051129.html

GrapevineSooner
11/30/2005, 06:41 PM
That story is still as f***ed up as it was when it broke over a year and a half ago.

Scott D
11/30/2005, 06:41 PM
Hoser, how many players you think that agent of his buggered, and do you think Danton is one that he kept buggering?

HoserSooner
12/1/2005, 12:55 AM
Hoser, how many players you think that agent of his buggered, and do you think Danton is one that he kept buggering?

Well, from watching the documentary I think that there is a pretty good chance that Frost was diddling these kids early on in their careers. The tapes they aired were really disturbing. Frost actually asks Danton if he loves him, and then makes him say it. :confused:

Now I'm not involved with sporting agents at all, but I would find it quite strange for a 37 year old agent to demand that his 23 year old client tell him that he loves him.

And that Frost is one messed up dude. Hopefully the press that this is getting will get his fat *** locked up and away from kids in minor hockey. Which by the way, he is STILL involved in. :mad:

ESPN has a brief story on it here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2242659

HoserSooner
12/1/2005, 02:22 PM
Just heard on the radio over lunch, that Danton't father was arrested this afternoon. No word yet on the charges, but this is another twist in the case.

Scott D
12/1/2005, 05:18 PM
Well I think the thing that kept keeping Frost 'above the law' so to speak was that he was buddy buddy with the now ex-NHLPA boss Goodenow. He knew that for the longest time Goodenow had him covered...now, not so much the case.

HoserSooner
12/1/2005, 10:08 PM
Well I think the thing that kept keeping Frost 'above the law' so to speak was that he was buddy buddy with the now ex-NHLPA boss Goodenow. He knew that for the longest time Goodenow had him covered...now, not so much the case.

According to sports radio up here, the NHLPA is reviewing Frost's certification as an agent. One thing that I did not know, was that Frost coached Goodenow's son when they played in Toronto. I knew that they were tight, but didn't know exactly why until this documentary aired.

Latest on the arrest from CBC:

Authorities have yet to confirm the arrest, but family members told the Hockey News that Jefferson was whisked away by police on suspicion of harassing David Frost, Danton's agent.

He was charged with harassment and released.