PDA

View Full Version : bookout

jk the sooner fan
11/25/2005, 04:51 PM
a good article (http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9061272) on Kevin on cbssportsline.com

whiteagle
11/25/2005, 05:00 PM
excellent read. the lakers could us him instead of kwame brown right now. :rolleyes:

Rhino
11/25/2005, 05:18 PM
Good read, but...uh...he's not getting selected in the NFL draft.

And he needs to work on a lot of things to make the NBA draft.

snp
11/25/2005, 09:48 PM
Bookout is the coolest athlete I've met at OU.

He was hanging out at our tailgate at the Baylor game and all of a sudden the game started to get fuzz. We looked around and noticed Bookout was accidently blocking the satellite feed. Leave it to the biggest man on campus to do that.

He's also a real cool kid to hang out with and I've got several other funny stories about him. Very classy and cool.

Remembering Tom Stidham
11/25/2005, 10:02 PM
...And he WILL be drafted!

Rhino
11/27/2005, 05:30 PM
...And he WILL be drafted! in what?

TopDawg
11/27/2005, 08:03 PM
Good read, but...uh...he's not getting selected in the NFL draft.

That's the weirdest thing. It's like they accidentally cut-and-pasted part of another article in the middle of that one.

jk the sooner fan
11/27/2005, 08:10 PM
when i read it, i didnt think that he was that serious about the NFL...more of a fantasy of his....i dont think others who read it should get all worked up about his chances with the Dallas Cowboys either.....

TopDawg
11/27/2005, 08:54 PM
It just seems weird to have it in there at all. And his segue into the topic is kinda awkward.

Beano's Fourth Chin
11/27/2005, 09:03 PM
It was a typo. Certainly he meant that Bookout is going to tryout for the Major Leagues in baseball.

NickZeppelin
11/27/2005, 10:43 PM
He probably has no chance at being drafted. But it wouldn't be the first time someone took a chance on an athlete to be a TE. Antonio Gates didn't play football at Kent State. They didn't have football at Kent State when he was there I believe. But he was picked up by the Chargers as a FA I believe and is now the best TE in the league.

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2005, 12:03 AM
Gates was also a very good HS tight end and is one hell of a lot faster than Kevin Bookout.

I love Kevin, but Antonio Gates he is not.

stoopified
11/28/2005, 04:52 AM
He probably has no chance at being drafted. But it wouldn't be the first time someone took a chance on an athlete to be a TE. Antonio Gates didn't play football at Kent State. They didn't have football at Kent State when he was there I believe. But he was picked up by the Chargers as a FA I believe and is now the best TE in the league.Exactly Nick.I don't know if Dallas or anyone WILL give Book a FA shot,but it wouldn't suprise me because of his great athletic ability and work ethic.
Personally I do not see Book in the NBA ,first because of Olympic aspirations and second because of limited shooting range and being undrsized for an HBA power forward.The Olympics would proably keep him from being a shot in the dark NFL project TOO.
Still Book is an outstanding example of OU athletics both on and off the fields of competition.I have a 21 month old son who I would love to see grow up to be a man like Kevin Bookout or Spencer Tillman.Two great athletes but more importantly, two great people.