PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Gutierrez

boomersooner28
11/22/2005, 04:12 PM
Am I on crack or did I really see him in the game Saturday against Tech?

And if so, why didn't he play more?

TIA

colleyvillesooner
11/22/2005, 04:13 PM
He had 1 carry for 2 yards.

boomersooner28
11/22/2005, 04:15 PM
I am now going to answer one of my own questions...;)

Yes, he did play. 1 carry for 2 yards. Was he re-injured, or did we forget about using him?

Thanks colley, beat me to it.

soonervegas
11/22/2005, 04:16 PM
See the:

"I would like to see more of Allen Patrick" thread

NickZeppelin
11/22/2005, 05:16 PM
I think he played only to see if he's ready. He didn't play the rest of the game so I guess that answers that. I'm not sure if he'll be close to 100% till atleast the bowl game.

Widescreen
11/22/2005, 05:56 PM
Allen Patrick also got 1 carry for 6 yards. I guess AD and Kejuan are it.

JohnnyMack
11/22/2005, 06:02 PM
Allen Patrick also got 1 carry for 6 yards. I guess AD is it. Because he's the best player on our team.

Fixed it.

rr2
11/22/2005, 09:18 PM
He is ready to play. He should play some more this week. It will be nice when next year comes [edit]. Jacob is going to do some great things for OU.

OUGreg723
11/22/2005, 10:35 PM
AD, Gute, APat, hopefully Demarco Murray, Chris Brown or Evan Royster.

That sounds like a great group of backs for next year.

Mjcpr
11/22/2005, 10:38 PM
He is ready to play. He should play some more this week. It will be nice when next year comes and we don't have Kejuan anymore. Jacob is going to do some great things for OU.

Yeah, that buttwipe. Doing nothing but busting his hump for us for 4 years and going out and playing hard on Saturdays. And if he hadn't underrun that throw in the LSU game we coulda won. :mad:

:rolleyes:

rr2
11/22/2005, 10:42 PM
[edit/ easy there bud]

Mjcpr
11/22/2005, 10:47 PM
What hump was Kejuan busting when he tried to sneak those 2 girls into his room before the Baylor game. What a great show of leadership that was.

That was humping their bump. Totally different.

Look, the guy has worked his butt off since he's been here and as far as I can tell he's given it all he has. Can't ask for more than that. It's classless to act like that about a player. It seems that way to me anyway. I get frustrated with them at times too, but I usually calm down and I'm glad they came here and played for the Sooners.

King Crimson
11/22/2005, 10:47 PM
What hump was Kejuan busting when he tried to sneak those 2 girls into his room before the Baylor game. What a great show of leadership that was.

that hump is pretty self-explanatory, don't you think?

TROLL.

westcoast_sooner
11/22/2005, 11:01 PM
Far as I'm concerned, Kejuan rocks. He doesn't have the raw talent that AD does, but he's good, he's durable, and he's done a lot of good things as a Sooner.

boomersooner28
11/23/2005, 02:45 AM
I did not intend to de-value KJ for any reason with this thread. I have A LOT of respect for Kejuan. I just like to see "Goot" in certain situations and he has been really effective when used, that is all.

OKC Sooner
11/23/2005, 03:19 AM
He is ready to play. He should play some more this week. It will be nice when next year comes and we don't have Kejuan anymore. Jacob is going to do some great things for OU.

http://x12.putfile.com/11/32602184690.jpg

soonerhubs
11/23/2005, 04:11 AM
That troll scares the crap out of me.

soonerhubs
11/23/2005, 04:11 AM
Oh and get off of Kejuan. The boys a trooper. A horny trooper, but a trooper nonetheless.

Pepe Frias' Batting Glove
11/23/2005, 10:49 AM
Mi favorito Sooner es Jacob Gutierrez (y Juaquin Iglesias). Él salta como un gato, funciona como un jaguar, es tan fuerte como un toro, elegante como un zorro, y tiene el corazón de un león. ¡Viva Gutierrez, el gato del toro!

rr2
11/23/2005, 04:33 PM
Nice post Pepe. You are right on. Gute is cat quick and strong as a bull and has the heart of a lion.

Kejuan had a great career and is a good player. I just feel that Jacob can do everything that Kejuan can do and Jacob is a much better runner.

SoonerObsession
11/23/2005, 05:12 PM
Mi favorito Sooner es Jacob Gutierrez (y Juaquin Iglesias). Él salta como un gato, funciona como un jaguar, es tan fuerte como un toro, elegante como un zorro, y tiene el corazón de un león. ¡Viva Gutierrez, gato del toro

My Spanish sucks, but does this mean he is part bull part cat?

MikeInNorman
11/23/2005, 05:21 PM
Mi favorito Sooner es Jacob Gutierrez (y Juaquin Iglesias). Él salta como un gato, funciona como un jaguar, es tan fuerte como un toro, elegante como un zorro, y tiene el corazón de un león. ¡Viva Gutierrez, el gato del toro!

Pepe,

Quien es mas macho....Jacob Gutierrez,.... o Juaquin Iglesias?

Gute...., o Juaquin?

mikeelikee
11/23/2005, 05:31 PM
Viva Jacob Gutierrez....el gato mejor!!!

GDC
8/21/2006, 08:09 AM
Sooners hope to play a role after being sidelined
By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
8/21/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format

NORMAN -- With all the stars that have risen -- and fallen -- for the Oklahoma Sooners in the past month, it has been easy to overlook two of the team's character actors.

By the time, their names roll across the big screen, most Sooner fans have already left the theater.

But somewhere, between the training room and the two-deep, are running back Jacob Gutierrez and cornerback Marcus Walker, and they're hoping to land at least a supporting role.

Each is coming back from devastating injury. Each is the consummate team player. Each may get to play a major part sometime this season.

"My goal is to come back and play," said Walker. "That's my main goal, to be a player. That's always been my goal, and that'll never change."

Likewise, Gutierrez says his main goal is "just to help out and contribute as much as I can," whether it be chasing down kickoff returners, giving starter Adrian Peterson a rest or just providing leadership.

Their past contributions are unmistakable:

In 2004, Walker came out of redshirt in the ninth game of his freshman season. Too many deep balls had been caught behind Eric Bassey, so Walker was sent in to stop the bleeding against Texas A&M. He played well through

the rest of the season.

"I just wanted to do anything I could to help the team," Walker said.

Last season, with Peterson in the medical ward, Gutierrez rushed 30 times for 179 yards against Baylor. Gutierrez' numbers weren't just career-highs, they were careers for the diminutive runner.

"With Adrian here, he's our main, go-to guy, and I'm OK with that," Gutierrez said.

But just as each guy was ready for a curtain call, major injury cut his part.

Just two weeks after his A&M debut, Walker dislocated his right shoulder at Baylor. He popped out the left one against Colorado in the Big 12 championship game, and reinjured it in the Orange Bowl. After offseason surgery, Walker again hurt his left shoulder in training camp, reinjured it at UCLA and hardly played last year.

A week after Gutierrez' breakout game against Baylor (Peterson had regained his health, so Gutierrez was back on special teams), he was blindsided while covering a kickoff at Nebraska, dislocating his elbow. He returned against Oregon for the Holiday Bowl, but sustained torn knee ligaments -- again on the kickoff team, this time with no one touching him. That led to major surgery and months of rehab.

Feeling sorry? They're not.

"It's kind of hard sometimes, knowing that you're hurt and that's limiting you and there's things you can't do," Walker said. "But you have to realize that things happen for a reason. I'm healthy now, so everything will be all right."

Said Gutierrez, "It is a frustrating thing, finally getting on the field last year . . . and then taking a step back. But everything happens for a reason. I pray about it, and I let God take me where he takes me."

Walker is battling Lendy Holmes for the third cornerback spot, although he's had time with the No. 1 unit. Gutierrez, meanwhile, hasn't had much contact in the preseason but is expected to be cleared soon to trade snaps with Allen Patrick as Peterson's backup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John E. Hoover 581-8384
[email protected].

olevetonahill
8/21/2006, 08:17 AM
thanks for the read GDC

Blues1
8/21/2006, 08:58 AM
There's Magic in the Air....Gonna land in Norman First week in September 2006...I tell you I feel it in my bones...

Look Out - GET Ready to R'

stoopified
8/21/2006, 09:28 AM
Why was this thread resurrected?

colleyvillesooner
8/21/2006, 09:39 AM
because of the new article on Gute three posts up.

stoopified
8/21/2006, 10:07 AM
I think Walker has a chance to be a factor IF he stays healthy.Gute IMHO will be relegated to special teams barring catastrophic injuries.He like ENA is a true example of character and team-first attitude.With that in mind I HOPE he has achance to be a big part of this tram.

MRNOTDUCKS
8/21/2006, 10:16 AM
I remember seeing him run all over Baylor last season and was impressed with him. Didn't realize he got hurt though.
If AD goes down, who is his replacement, and how capable is he?
thanks

opksooner
8/21/2006, 02:42 PM
If AD goes down, who is his replacement, and how capable is he?
thanks

Alan Patrick. Very.

Tear Down This Wall
8/21/2006, 03:17 PM
I named my first child after Jacob Gutierrez because he starred in the only game my wife could attend last year when she was pregnant. I gave him Joaquin as a second name, kind of after Juaquin Iglesias who caught the winning TD that night...I just had to correct Iglesias' parents' misspelling of it.

All Hail #21 and #9...and our little #1 whom we call J.J.!

goingoneight
8/21/2006, 09:27 PM
I named my cat Jason Josh Heupel Nate Hybl White... heh. Not really.