PDA

View Full Version : W Va / UT

william_brasky
11/22/2005, 10:01 AM
Anybody watch Tejas and W. Va play last night?

Good game. I thought the Mountaineers had it in the bag, but UT's size, strength, rebounding won it for 'em.

We play W. Va in December. They're a solid squad.

LSUdeek
11/22/2005, 10:05 AM
Anybody watch Tejas and W. Va play last night?

Good game. I thought the Mountaineers had it in the bag, but UT's size, strength, rebounding won it for 'em.

We play W. Va in December. They're a solid squad.

We go to WV this Sat. Hopefully we don't get blown out :( That's all I can say.

TexasLidig8r
11/22/2005, 10:08 AM
We need MUCH improved play from our point guard. Daniel Gibson has to grow up real soon, real fast or that lofty number 2 ranking of ours is going to disappear REAL QUICKLY.. like.. when we play Duke in a few weeks in NYC.

william_brasky
11/22/2005, 10:17 AM
I enjoy watching W. Va play. Gansey's a freakin' witch. He's always making something happen. Their offense is pretty cool with all the cuts, backdoors, screens, etc. I think they'll make a nice run in the tourney again.

Tejas didn't impress me with their hoop skills, but their athleticism is incredible.

Herr Scholz
11/22/2005, 10:26 AM
We're not going to win a whole lot of games if we turn the ball over 24 times. That was ugly. We dominated the boards though. I liked that. Gibson is a 2-guard. He looks to shoot first (only 1 assist last night to go along with 20 points and 9 turnovers). We need a distributor. Maybe that freshman Abrams.

william_brasky
11/22/2005, 12:11 PM
You guys'll be just fine. Barnes will address the turnover issue I'm sure. At half he seemed pretty disgusted with them not taking care of the ball.

If W. Va would've made their FTs, Horns lose, however they did not. Lucky bastages. ;)

Herr Scholz
11/22/2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah, we were lucky to win that one. We need to play inside out with the frontline we have. Feed it to Tucker, Aldridge and Buckman all day.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/22/2005, 01:09 PM
We're not going to win a whole lot of games if we turn the ball over 24 times. That was ugly. We dominated the boards though. I liked that. Gibson is a 2-guard. He looks to shoot first (only 1 assist last night to go along with 20 points and 9 turnovers). We need a distributor. Maybe that freshman Abrams.

strange, sampson recruited him as a 2, but he went to texas because they promised him he'd play the 1. he reminds me a little of marbury, minus the occasional good pass ;)

TexasLidig8r
11/22/2005, 01:28 PM
strange, sampson recruited him as a 2, but he went to texas because they promised him he'd play the 1. he reminds me a little of marbury, minus the occasional good pass ;)

Can we leave Paul Thompson out of this discussion please?;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/22/2005, 02:09 PM
Can we leave Paul Thompson out of this discussion please?;)

did i mention that he also falls down a lot?

Octavian
11/22/2005, 02:15 PM
We need MUCH improved play from our point guard. Daniel Gibson has to grow up real soon, real fast

That is exactly what I took from the game, especially when WV forced him into pressure situations. They threw a haf court trap (shortly before halftime I think) and he didn't look nearly savvy enough for a #2 team. Quick shots, not putting his guys in position, turnovers, turnovers that led to easy layups. That being said, it's still November. Come conference time, I really believe OU is the only other program that can beat Texas. Did you see Kansas?? :rolleyes: We haven't won at the Phog in a LONGASS time, but I think we could do just that in 06.

AustinTXHorn
11/22/2005, 03:35 PM
I was expecting a close game, but West Virginia was really a lot better than I expected. We shut down Pittsnogle and they still nearly beat us.

I think it says a lot that Texas can turn it over 24 times in a game and still beat the #13 team in the country.

And we do need a point guard. Tucker is probably the best one on the team, believe it or not. 9 turnovers and 2 assists or whatever from Gibson is pretty terrible.

william_brasky
11/22/2005, 03:42 PM
Hey, who was that white dude that played in the first half? He was a guard I do believe. I think he should get more playing time.

He was not very good. He took it to the hole one time on a fast break/secondary break and was way out of control. It was beautiful.

Herr Scholz
11/22/2005, 04:39 PM
Hey, who was that white dude that played in the first half? He was a guard I do believe. I think he should get more playing time.

He was not very good. He took it to the hole one time on a fast break/secondary break and was way out of control. It was beautiful.
J.D. Lewis. He's a JUCO transfer from Midland College (Mookie Blalock, Skeeter Henry?). Supposed to be a sharpshooter. He did look a little O.C. last night.

AustinTXHorn
11/22/2005, 04:52 PM

He's going to be good by the end of the year. OU recruited him pretty hard.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/22/2005, 06:40 PM
we've needed a new tim heskitt for a couple of years now

LSUdeek
11/26/2005, 07:46 PM
We go to WV this Sat. Hopefully we don't get blown out :( That's all I can say.

71-68 in OT. Somehow we won.... I guess a 51-29 rebound advantage don't hurt.

AustinTXHorn
11/26/2005, 07:50 PM
71-68 in OT. Somehow we won.... I guess a 51-29 rebound advantage don't hurt.
LSU is looking pretty good so far. The way the SEC is this year, they could win the damn thing.

LSUdeek
11/26/2005, 09:27 PM
LSU is looking pretty good so far. The way the SEC is this year, they could win the damn thing.

well the SEC has and probably always will suck in basketball, so I look for another Kentucky matchup in the tournament to decide the conference. We should run away with the Western division with the state of the other teams.

This is a surprise especially after losing as much as we lost...