PDA

View Full Version : Capote

picasso
11/20/2005, 11:21 PM
saw it last night. very very good flick. but you need to be one who appreciates good acting, good camera angles/shots, and characters. should be an Oscar nod for the Capote reincarnate.

it would have been interesting to be on the A list in the Manhattan party scene back in the 60's-70's, seeing ole Truman and Warhol ragging on each other.

Hatfield
11/20/2005, 11:28 PM
where is it playing?

picasso
11/20/2005, 11:33 PM
well if it's on in Tulsa it's probably nation wide. ya know.:)

picasso
11/20/2005, 11:44 PM
here's a cool link for those that have seen the flick:

http://dannosbookreport.blogspot.com/

he provides a cool link at the bottom.

Hatfield
11/20/2005, 11:56 PM
if it is in tulsa, it doesn't mean it is in the forward thinking art loving okc.

IronSooner
11/21/2005, 12:07 AM
where is it playing?

Boardman's Art Theater in Champaign Illinois. ;)

Okla-homey
11/21/2005, 07:16 AM
saw it last night. very very good flick. but you need to be one who appreciates good acting, good camera angles/shots, and characters. should be an Oscar nod for the Capote reincarnate.

it would have been interesting to be on the A list in the Manhattan party scene back in the 60's-70's, seeing ole Truman and Warhol ragging on each other.

Does it have hot man-on-man action?

proud gonzo
2/4/2006, 04:17 PM
Capote just opened in Norman last night. I went to see it with Iggy and loved it. Incredible film--Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a fantastic actor.

I'm about to order "In Cold Blood" on amazon.com....

LoyalFan
2/4/2006, 08:31 PM
Wow! I've been jonesin' for a movie about a limp-wristed, lisping, effeminate little (insert Q word). Yeah, the same (insert Q word) who "befriended" the two creeps that murdered the entire Clutter family (Kansas, decades ago) and "cried for days" when those two darling boys were hanged in Manginoland.
Rent "In Cold Blood" sometime. It even stars Robert Blake as one of the killers! Talk about omens.
Truman Capote...Yessir! A real icon for us all.

Waiter, on second thought, I'll pass on the quiche!

LoyalFan

picasso
2/5/2006, 02:27 PM
Wow! I've been jonesin' for a movie about a limp-wristed, lisping, effeminate little (insert Q word). Yeah, the same (insert Q word) who "befriended" the two creeps that murdered the entire Clutter family (Kansas, decades ago) and "cried for days" when those two darling boys were hanged in Manginoland.
Rent "In Cold Blood" sometime. It even stars Robert Blake as one of the killers! Talk about omens.

LoyalFan

good observation. not what I was saying though.

proud gonzo
2/5/2006, 04:06 PM

LoyalFan

no comment.