PDA

View Full Version : Bad Calls or Agenda?

soonersam
11/20/2005, 10:45 AM
Did they simply get it wrong or did they want them to win? When I saw the touchdown pass that was so clearly not a catch.. I thought then that the refs were going to do anything to help them win........ Thats not home-cookin!! thats robbery!!!!!

soonernation
11/20/2005, 10:46 AM
I don't think the refs wanted Tech to win I think they are just effin STUPID!!!!

jeremy885
11/20/2005, 10:47 AM
I don't think the refs wanted Tech to win I think they are just plain STUPID!!!!

Agreed. After the 4th down play, they seemed to have lost all knowledge on how to officate a FB game.

usmc-sooner
11/20/2005, 11:10 AM
that game was rigged. I can't think of a good reason why but the calls that were made boggle the mind.

Partial Qualifier
11/20/2005, 11:14 AM
I wonder if the guys upstairs saw the crowd, student section, band, janitorial crew, etc. running all over the field and said to themselves "let's just let 'em have it"

Berry Trammel's comment about Fox Sports having "2 camcorders and a 35mm camera" really isn't too far from the truth. They failed to show replays of important stuff all day long

jk the sooner fan
11/20/2005, 11:15 AM
i dont buy into the grand conspiracy that an entire ref crew or even part of it, wants any team to win more than the other

i just think they are highly imcompetent....

on the whole, a ref crew gets it right about 90% of the time.....they do make mistakes, naturally as they are human

but the replay system is supposed to back them up and correct their mistakes which could have an impact on the outcome......the refs made a judgement call, which is their job to do......replay is what failed yesterday, imo.....not sure if thats because of the lack of camera angles or what

if replay cant be any better or consistent than that, then get rid of it....it slows the pace of the game, makes the ref's hesitant to make a call on the field because they may have to face having it overturned for all to see....

i think yesterday changed my mind on replay

usmc-sooner
11/20/2005, 11:25 AM
i dont buy into the grand conspiracy that an entire ref crew or even part of it, wants any team to win more than the other

on the whole, a ref crew gets it right about 90% of the time.....they do make mistakes, naturally as they are human

but the replay system is supposed to back them up and correct their mistakes which could have an impact on the outcome......the refs made a judgement call, which is their job to do......replay is what failed yesterday, imo.....not sure if thats because of the lack of camera angles or what

if replay cant be any better or consistent than that, then get rid of it....it slows the pace of the game, makes the ref's hesitant to make a call on the field because they may have to face having it overturned for all to see....

I'd agree with you as I am not one for conspiracies if it were justa call or 2. But it was the call after call of them just trying to give the game away. That game was rigged. You'd think after the the 4th down call that was about a yard and half short, the blown TD call on the incomplete pass, they be less likely to give Tech another close and bad call, that's human nature. The Big 12 refs are bad but what happened yesterday was beyond bad. When Billy Ray Smith and Kellen Winslow say OU got screwed it's more than obvious. Now FSN and ESPN are calling the same way.

The refs determined the outcome of that game. The game was effin rigged. I've seen too many non calls, phantom calls, and just straight BS calls this year. The refs threw the game. I doubt it was a pre conceived plan as OU shouldn't have been in the position to get screw anyways but still the refs threw the game and they tried to do it 3 times on the last drive alone.

jk the sooner fan
11/20/2005, 11:28 AM
i disagree with the "rigged" comment......i just dont see it

highly imcompetent? absolutely

i think they're all too moronic to pull of a rigged game......OU would never have had the lead that late in the game if it were rigged, they'd have called some phantom holding calls on that last drive

usmc-sooner
11/20/2005, 11:38 AM
i disagree with the "rigged" comment......i just dont see it

highly imcompetent? absolutely

i think they're all too moronic to pull of a rigged game......OU would never have had the lead that late in the game if it were rigged, they'd have called some phantom holding calls on that last drive

I don't thing they had preconceived idea of rigging the game. But that last drive they had it rigged, I mean it is first and 10 not first and 8 1/2, you have to actually catch the football not just touch it in the endzone, when it's first and goal you have to get to the goal line not a yard short. When they blatently give the game to Tech it's rigged whether people like it or not.

jk the sooner fan
11/20/2005, 11:42 AM
oh jeez, c'mon marine....gimme a break.....so the game isnt rigged until the final drive? that doesnt make sense at all

at what point did they huddle together and agree to act in concert together?

seriously, you're talking jibberish.....i understand your'e ****ed about the game.....but so am i.....we beat TCU in the opener and this isnt an issue....our season wasnt ruined by what happened yesterday.......its merely a culmination of alot of problems.....that we're playing out of,

we'll be ok...

usmc-sooner
11/20/2005, 12:00 PM
cmon man your an investigator, you can't say that something shady didn't go down. Heck none of want to think that way but those three calls were bad. If you the call was bad and it gave the game to Tech when it shouldn't have I call it rigged. I know there wasn't a huddle or a plan to do this but somewhere on that last drive they gave the game away.

Don't make me come to the tailgate and whip your sorry Army ***!!!

for some reason the it aint letting me put a smiley.

so I guess you'll just have to take an *** whipping. :D

jk the sooner fan
11/20/2005, 12:02 PM
bring it jarhead ;)

we'll just have to agree to disagree, i just think they are morons.....too stupid to do this on purpose as a group

msteudem
11/20/2005, 12:02 PM
"Yeah, that's right BCS!"
Mangino after the Texas game last year

sooner13f
11/20/2005, 12:22 PM

This game didnt change my mind on replay. Most of the time replay is better and helps the right call. One ref cost us this game...two time. The Line Judge spotted the first down and was standing behind a player and made the TD call. It is that simple. If they want to check on someone that is who they need to look at.

StoopTroup
11/20/2005, 12:26 PM
They failed to show replays of important stuff all day long
The 4th down gimme was horrible.

Your sitting there waiting for them to decide a "Game Over" call and they miss the chain measurement. HORRIBLE to say the least.

It pains me to say that should have been INT'd, however....we were still robbed of live coverage of the measurement and the right call IMO.

Sickening.

Soonerus
11/20/2005, 12:26 PM
I vote for incompetence...but if the ref really was from Lubbock...never mind...

GrapevineSooner
11/20/2005, 12:32 PM
You can chalk these crucial calls up to being influenced by the home team and their fans.

And if this game were in Norman, we probably would have gotten these calls.

1991SOONER
11/20/2005, 12:32 PM
Was the yellow line on the screen in the wrong place? They brought the chains which is "supposed" to tell the truth. But maybe the yellow line was in the wrong place?

sooner13f
11/20/2005, 12:37 PM
Was the yellow line on the screen in the wrong place? They brought the chains which is "supposed" to tell the truth. But maybe the yellow line was in the wrong place?
The chains and the yellow line had nothing to do with it..The line judge came up half a yard down the field than the other two refs placed the ball. He knew where it needed to be. Period

BoonesFarmSooner
11/20/2005, 12:40 PM
I just watched it again and the yellow line was right where the chain was, just inside the 23 yard line. DWilliams caught the ball and the tech guy took it from him on the 24. It wasn't even close.

The announcers kept saying that it didn't matter who had possession because it wasn't past the first down marker.

I still don't see how the ref in the corner of the end zone could call that one catch a TD. I'm with Sam, after that - I knew we were screwed!

Flagstaffsooner
11/20/2005, 12:43 PM
There is a certain person that is trying to buy this conference. He has one university and the refs in his pocket. What next?
Think about it.

StoopTroup
11/20/2005, 12:49 PM
There is a certain person that is trying to buy this conference. He has one university and the refs in his pocket. What next?
Think about it.
?

http://www.retroduck.com/images/products/07/07-0248r.jpg

Soonerman08
11/20/2005, 01:02 PM
I wish Stoops would have ripped them a new one....and taken the penalty.

soonerhubs
11/20/2005, 01:10 PM
I wish Stoops would have ripped them a new one....and taken the penalty.
Stoops has more class than to stoop down to their level. (Absolutely no pun intended)

Scott D
11/20/2005, 01:11 PM
All of you are missing the important point....had this game been on ABC, we would have had 15 camera angles for them to use ;)

sooner13f
11/20/2005, 01:16 PM
All of you are missing the important point....had this game been on ABC, we would have had 15 camera angles for them to use ;)
Really where did all these new camera angles come from. Local news stations down here are showing videos, that show it as clear as day...NO TD.

Scott D
11/20/2005, 01:18 PM
Really where did all these new camera angles come from. Local news stations down here are showing videos, that show it as clear as day...NO TD.

clearly they weren't Fox's camera angles were they? How a major network system only has enough cameras to be in the back of the endzone, overhead and in one corner is astounding to me. They should have cameras on both sides of the field regardless of the situation. ABC likely would have had cameras on each side.

soonersam
11/20/2005, 01:26 PM
The ref ran down the line on the 1/2 yard line the entire way.. then when he gets there he says touchdown.. the ref on this side of the field saw it correctly........he ran in on the one and was waving his arms

KaiserSooner
11/20/2005, 01:42 PM
I can't remember any other close games like that with such one-sided officiating. I'm not saying there was some sort of agenda or anything...maybe a little home-cookin' though ;)

And nevermind that damn non-TD.....the spot the refs gave 'em for the first down at the 22 or so was completely bogus. Amendola (?) was clearly at least a yard from it, if not more. Talk about gift.

MamaMia
11/20/2005, 02:09 PM
One of the refs lives in Lubbock.

GottaHavePride
11/20/2005, 02:45 PM
clearly they weren't Fox's camera angles were they? How a major network system only has enough cameras to be in the back of the endzone, overhead and in one corner is astounding to me. They should have cameras on both sides of the field regardless of the situation. ABC likely would have had cameras on each side.

Well, at the very least they would have had one of the big motorized boom cameras that they can roll from end to end of the field very quickly. Hell, even when TBS is in Norman for a game they mount one camera in the back of a truck. Fox doesn't bring enough cameras.

nanimonai
9/17/2006, 06:04 AM
Yep, I think there's an agenda at work...