View Full Version : Dang . . . there's some hot womens on the CMAs

Sooner_Bob
11/15/2005, 08:20 PM
Exhibit one: Sara Evans

http://www.colgatecountryshowdown.com/images/Sara%20Evans%2027%20good.JPG

Yowza!!

booomer
11/15/2005, 08:30 PM
Could Brad Paisley have selected a worse song?

StoopTroup
11/15/2005, 09:10 PM
"We're comin'...to your City...."

I hope not...

IronSooner
11/15/2005, 09:13 PM
As one of my best friends always says, "you'll never ever see a bad looking girl on CMT." So far he's been right.

chriscappel
11/15/2005, 09:21 PM
That chick from Sugarland is a FOXX!!!!

Widescreen
11/15/2005, 09:22 PM
There's something about country music and hot women. I don't know what it is. It's really the only reason I pay attention to country music.

yermom
11/15/2005, 09:51 PM
There's something about country music and hot women. I don't know what it is. It's really the only reason I pay attention to country music.

:O

Sooner_Bob
11/15/2005, 10:09 PM

I hope not...

I hate that freakin' song.

Sooner_Bob
11/15/2005, 10:10 PM

Kinda like Spanish soap operas . . . I have no idea what they're sayin', but dang they're hawt.

Bama/OU
11/15/2005, 10:12 PM

I hope not...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to StoopTroup again.

OU4LIFE
11/16/2005, 07:19 AM
I hate that freakin' song.

I like it on GameDay because Oklahoma is the first place they mention.

Sooner_Bob
11/16/2005, 08:25 AM
I like it on GameDay because Oklahoma is the first place they mention.

Hey, don't try to interupt my hatred. ;)

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2005, 09:12 AM
Miranda Lambert RMFO, and LeeAnn Womack. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Veritas
11/16/2005, 09:15 AM
As one of my best friends always says, "you'll never ever see a bad looking girl on CMT." So far he's been right.
Pam Tillis and Trisha Yearwood beg to differ. :D

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2005, 09:27 AM
Pam Tillis and Trisha Yearwood beg to differ. :D

Wynonna Judd too

however, I will give props to martina mcbride, sarah evans, and brad paisley's wife

Veritas
11/16/2005, 09:28 AM
Wynonna Judd too

however, I will give props to martina mcbride, sarah evans, and brad paisley's wife
I'll second that motion...they are all quite easy on the eyes.

OUthunder
11/16/2005, 09:31 AM
I think that Trish is kinda hot myself. Full figured women never bothered me at all. Plus she has a kick *** voice.

Carrie Underwood is where it's at though, and she'll be the next big thing in country music IMO.

Veritas
11/16/2005, 09:38 AM
Carrie Underwood is where it's at though, and she'll be the next big thing in country music IMO.
Her personality make her quite attractive...if she were a biddy I'd not find her that cute...I think of all the "Idols" she'll be the most legitimate success and may be able to transcend how she got her record deal. Her new album is on Rhapsody and I dig it. But I like her so I'm predisposed to...

OUthunder
11/16/2005, 09:40 AM
BTW, I saw a pic of Faith Hill the other day and my wife had to point out that it was actually her. What in the hell did that woman do to herself?

Mjcpr
11/16/2005, 09:41 AM
BTW, I saw a pic of Faith Hill the other day and my wife had to point out that it was actually her. What in the hell did that woman do to herself?

She took our breakup pretty hard.

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2005, 09:46 AM
what exactly is it about Willie Nelson that people think is so great? i swear he doesnt sing....he's talking......i just dont get it

Taxman71
11/16/2005, 09:47 AM
Allison Kraus and Lee Ann Womack would need a soup bone to get my dog to play with them. Gretchen Wilson is nasty, but dirty in a decent way.

I stopped watching after they cutoff Alabama. That was bush league. No wonder Toby Keith never attends this crappy show.

Mjcpr
11/16/2005, 09:48 AM
what exactly is it about Willie Nelson that people think is so great? i swear he doesnt sing....he's talking......i just dont get it

His music is an acquired taste, I'm sure. Plus, he's old and he's a legend of country music so that buys him some respek' right there. And he's written a huge number of hits over the years for not only himself but other artists.

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2005, 09:49 AM
http://www.songwriteruniverse.com/lambert.jpg

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2005, 09:50 AM
Willie is one of the best songwriters in the history of country music and arguable one of the best writers in any genre.

IMO country music isn't so much about the voice or the singing as it is the lyrics and music.

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2005, 09:52 AM
ok i'll give him that he's a great writer

but as a performer he sucks....

and cutting off Alabama like that was a crime......if you're going to induct them into the hall of fame, take out one of the performances and let the people you're inducting have a moment to say something

that was painfully embarrassing

Mjcpr
11/16/2005, 09:54 AM
I didn't see the Alabama thing but I'm guessing they cut them off during their performance or speech, huh? I noticed a show, maybe it was the CMA's, last year that did the same thing to somebody. I think they should just accept the fact that these LIVE awards shows are going to run long. Deal with it and let the folks have their say.

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2005, 09:58 AM
They sure didn't hesitate to play the music during someone's speech, thats fo sho

Taxman71
11/16/2005, 10:01 AM
It was obvious that each member of Alabama was going to take a turn to give thank you's etc. The first guy spoke a little and then the drummer got a few words in when the "get the hell off" music started to play. He just stopped talking and smiled in disbelief. They then ran to commercial and the remaining members, including the lead singer and face of Alabama, did not get to utter a word.

IMO, if you have to go to commercial, let Alabama do their thank you's and just go to a damn commercial without the live audience knowing about it.

What made it worse was that crackhead Glen Campbell got to ramble aimlessly during his speech even though he looked like a homeless dude with shellacked hair.

The whole thing could have been avoided by eliminating, for once, the requisite boring Allison Krauss lullaby performance which is now mandatory at every country broadcast. She sucks.

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2005, 10:03 AM
The whole thing could have been avoided by eliminating, for once, the requisite boring Allison Krauss lullaby performance which is now mandatory at every country broadcast. She sucks.
:mad:
she is one of the finest bluegrass musicians in the world

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2005, 10:06 AM
allison krauss does not suck.....not even close...pure greatness

Veritas
11/16/2005, 10:12 AM
I can see being tired of the song, but saying Allison Krauss sucks? Wow. Is there something stronger than a neg? :texan:

Taxman71
:mad:
she is one of the finest bluegrass musicians in the world

Agreed, but from an entertainment standpoint, she is boring. Nashville is stock full of great musicians, but that does not make them entertaining.

I recently saw a Ricky Skaggs concert and his musicianship (bluegrass) was amazing, but it was the most dreadful 2 hours I have ever spent in my life. You have 20 #1 hits, ever thought of playing just one?

I guess what I am saying is I want entertainment as well as talent for a concert or award show. To each his own.

1stTimeCaller
She took our breakup pretty hard.

restraining orders are not the same thing as break ups. just sayin'

SactoSooner
11/16/2005, 10:16 AM
Get rid of one or both of the Elton John/Dolly Parton duets. Those were awful...and that's coming from a fan of both.

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2005, 10:17 AM
Agreed, but from an entertainment standpoint, she is boring. Nashville is stock full of great musicians, but that does not make them entertaining.

I recently saw a Ricky Skaggs concert and his musicianship (bluegrass) was amazing, but it was the most dreadful 2 hours I have ever spent in my life. You have 20 #1 hits, ever thought of playing just one?

I guess what I am saying is I want entertainment as well as talent for a concert or award show. To each his own.

That's fine. I really dislike most country from Nashville these days as they seem to put entertainment over talent and music. Big & Rich are the perfect example. There are better singer/songwriters all over OK and TX that I love to see. They just don't have the Nashville marketing machine behind them telling you that you should listen to them.

'Just give us Happy, Happy, Country, Country,
that's what we want when we're feelin' funky,
cause Happy Country music makes us think everything's, gonna be alright'

Mjcpr
11/16/2005, 10:19 AM
Get rid of one or both of the Elton John/Dolly Parton duets. Those were awful...and that's coming from a fan of both.

I'm beginning to think Dolly has had some work done.

Taxman71
11/16/2005, 10:24 AM
That's fine. I really dislike most country from Nashville these days as they seem to put entertainment over talent and music. Big & Rich are the perfect example. There are better singer/songwriters all over OK and TX that I love to see. They just don't have the Nashville marketing machine behind them telling you that you should listen to them.

'Just give us Happy, Happy, Country, Country,
that's what we want when we're feelin' funky,
cause Happy Country music makes us think everything's, gonna be alright'

I, too, am not a supporter of the form over substance music being force fed today and I know that Allison Krauss is uber-talented. But for some reason, her voice just grates on me. I think I am still angry that she redid that Keith Whitley song and, since then, I never get to hear the original on the radio.

I much prefer the red dirt stuff of late over the "Nashville" sound.

Then again, I can't stand Rush either

BeetDigger
11/16/2005, 10:31 AM
I'm beginning to think Dolly has had some work done.

She had the original chassis work done years ago. Since then, I think she has been in for a major overhaul or two. Shes what, 55 and those babies are still look like they belong in a Russ Meyer film.

Jimminy Crimson
11/16/2005, 10:38 AM
When are awards shows ever going to nut up and just have a presenting sponsor, sans commercials?

Sooner_Bob
11/16/2005, 06:24 PM
I stopped watching after they cutoff Alabama. That was bush league. No wonder Toby Keith never attends this crappy show.

Really. I told my wife I couldn't believe they cut them off during their HOF acceptance speech no less.

Pure crap.

Sooner_Bob
11/16/2005, 06:26 PM

I'm so glad I missed that . . .

Sooner_Bob
11/16/2005, 06:28 PM
When are awards shows ever going to nut up and just have a presenting sponsor, sans commercials?

Great question.

And did anyone else think George Strait was trying to sound like Johnny Cash last night?

1stTimeCaller
3/27/2006, 08:39 AM
Miranda Lambert RMFO, and LeeAnn Womack. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

http://www.songwriteruniverse.com/lambert.jpg

I agree

Skysooner
3/27/2006, 08:52 AM
Her personality make her quite attractive...if she were a biddy I'd not find her that cute...I think of all the "Idols" she'll be the most legitimate success and may be able to transcend how she got her record deal. Her new album is on Rhapsody and I dig it. But I like her so I'm predisposed to...

Kelly Clarkson hasn't done too bad transcending her initial record deal.