PDA

View Full Version : Yes the food is good at PFChangs...

Sooner51
11/15/2005, 01:58 PM
but $12 for lunch is a bit much.

I'll be sticking with Pei Wei, the working man's Changs.

Veritas
11/15/2005, 02:01 PM
Changs is to Chinese as Taco Bueno is to Mexican. :eek:

critical_phil
11/15/2005, 02:03 PM

so, you're saying it's outfreakingstanding????

King Crimson
11/15/2005, 02:05 PM

Bingo.

Sooner51
11/15/2005, 02:06 PM
Lunch at Bueno does not cost $12, however. :D

Pricetag
11/15/2005, 02:07 PM
I just don't understand the concept of expensive Chinese food. I won't eat there.

JohnnyMack
11/15/2005, 02:08 PM
PF Chang's salt and pepper prawns RMFFO!

Veritas
11/15/2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I know, I couldn't think of a cost-comparitive Mexican cuisine chain that is as abysmal as Changs.

I admit I like their lettuce wraps, however. :D

And if you're in Dallas, Lover's Egg Roll pwnz Changs. :P

Sooner51
11/15/2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I know, I couldn't think of a cost-comparitive Mexican cuisine chain that is as abysmal as Changs.

Another thing, don't be bad-mouthin' Bueno in Critical Phil's or my presence. :D

Veritas
11/15/2005, 02:17 PM
Another thing, don't be bad-mouthin' Bueno in Critical Phil's or my presence. :D
I ain't skeered of critical. :D :texan:

JohnnyMack
11/15/2005, 02:18 PM

I admit I like their lettuce wraps, however. :D

I may have turned MY spek off, but I can still neg the **** out of you.

TexasLidig8r
11/15/2005, 02:27 PM
You know you're in a "good" Chinese, Thai, sushi restaurant when you walk in.. look around.. and you are one of the very few "round eyes" in the crowd.

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2005, 02:27 PM

That place is good. Weird name, but good :D

mrowl
11/15/2005, 02:30 PM
PF Changs ROCKS.

if....you make reservations.

critical_phil
11/15/2005, 02:36 PM
I ain't skeered of critical. :D :texan:

veritas likes it rough........

nmsoonergirl
11/15/2005, 02:39 PM
I've eaten at Chang's once and was underwhelmed. The one here ALWAYS has a wait, and there isn't much food I'm willing to wait for.

I love Bueno, however. Veritas is now on my "can't be trusted" list.

King Crimson
11/15/2005, 03:16 PM
PF Changs=Chili's.

Veritas
11/15/2005, 03:20 PM
PF Changs=Chili's.
Exactamundo. That would have been the place to use instead of "Taco Bueno."

Please forgive me critical. :P

Actually I don't think I've had Bueno, so I may not know WTF I'm talking about.

Nope, I'm sure, I don't. :D

Beef
11/15/2005, 03:21 PM
I wish I ate Chinese more often.

yermom
11/15/2005, 03:30 PM
you need to post pics Beef ;)

i'm not that thrilled with anything at Chang's except the Kung Pao Chicken

other than that, it's pwn3d by Egg Roll Express

TexasLidig8r
11/15/2005, 03:41 PM
I wish I ate Chinese more often.

I just can't get used to the plates being slanted sideways.

Pricetag
11/15/2005, 04:00 PM
other than that, it's pwn3d by Egg Roll Express
Yes, Egg Roll Express rules. If you can get food like that for four bucks, why go somewhere like Chang's and pay 12 for it?

IB4OU2
11/15/2005, 04:03 PM
You know you're in a "good" Chinese, Thai, sushi restaurant when you walk in.. look around.. and you are one of the very few "round eyes" in the crowd.

kinda like being in Austin everytime one takes a *rap...............

mdklatt
11/15/2005, 04:05 PM

You've obviously never eaten at any Chinese restaurant in Oklahoma--pretty much the Taco Mayo of Chinese food, with a few Taco Bells in the bunch. I'd give anything for a Taco Beuno of Chinese food around here.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/15/2005, 04:05 PM
Chang's isn't Chinese food!

yermom
11/15/2005, 04:07 PM
it's "fusion" or something

picasso
11/15/2005, 04:07 PM
it's ok. what was that dessert they have? the chinese wall of chocolate or something like that. my oh my.

Veritas
11/15/2005, 04:08 PM
You've obviously never eaten at any Chinese restaurant in Oklahoma--pretty much the Taco Mayo of Chinese food, with a few Taco Bells in the bunch. I'd give anything for a Taco Beuno of Chinese food around here.
That's true, I haven't...

yermom
11/15/2005, 04:11 PM

you must not have been to Eggroll Express ;)

they may have gone downhill a bit in the last few years though

mdklatt
11/15/2005, 04:11 PM
BTW, just about every hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant in Houston pwns anything in D/FW or OKC/Norman.

mdklatt
11/15/2005, 04:12 PM
you must not have been to Eggroll Express ;)

I've never even heard of it.

IB4OU2
11/15/2005, 04:13 PM
The best Chinese food I can remember eating in Oklahoma was at the 15th street Wok in Tulsa. Unfortunately they are no longer in business....

soonersponge
11/15/2005, 04:14 PM
I like Changs, but I like Pei Wei too. I don't like to eat Pigeon at the other places.

yermom
11/15/2005, 04:14 PM
I've never even heard of it.

they are in Tulsa, i think they took over all the Arthur Treacherses or something

mdklatt
11/15/2005, 04:22 PM
they are in Tulsa

I guess I need to explain what "around here" means. :D

JohnnyMack
11/15/2005, 04:27 PM
I ate at a Thai buffet last week. What a downright miserable idea that was.

C&CDean
11/15/2005, 04:30 PM
Sam's Chinese in Noble.

TIA.

yermom
11/15/2005, 04:40 PM
I guess I need to explain what "around here" means. :D

the first part just said "Oklahoma"

but yeah, it's tough to find good Chinese around here

Thai on the other hand...

SoonerWood
11/15/2005, 04:45 PM
Flo's in Scottsdale, AZ > PF Changs

Of course, $565 for a dinner is expensive if you include plane tickets and stuff.

What OKC needs is a freaking CHEESECAKE FACTORY DAMMIT.

yermom
11/15/2005, 04:46 PM
Flo's in Scottsdale, AZ > PF Changs

Of course, $565 for a dinner is expensive if you include plane tickets and stuff.

What OKC needs is a freaking CHEESECAKE FACTORY DAMMIT.

aren't they building one in Edmond or something?

i still haven't been to one

there or that Fogo place

SoonerWood
11/15/2005, 05:54 PM
aren't they building one in Edmond or something?

i still haven't been to one

there or that Fogo place

Well if they are, there goes my diet.

mrowl
11/15/2005, 06:05 PM
PF Changs=Chili's.

For people that don't know the history of Changs and Chili's... this above is TRUE.

A few Brinker (Chili's) execs and chefs bolted several years ago, and wanted to start their own restaurant chain. So who did they go to for the investment money? BRINKER! (Chili's), Brinker invested, and later was bought out of the investment by Changs.

A few years later, Brinker (Chili's) realizes, holy crap! We don't have a franchise to compete with Changs, so, they invested (and bought) Big Bowl. Which failed miserably, so they sold it back to the development company, and closed all of them except in Michigan, and Illinois. Which kinda sucks, cause Big Bowl was pretty good.

And now, that I am free from the chains of Brinker, I have lots of these stories. :D

jeremy885
11/15/2005, 06:11 PM

Unless you look in the kitchen and notice that all of the cooks are Mexican.

silverwheels
11/15/2005, 09:28 PM
PF Chang's food = Pei Wei's food, but Pei Wei is cheaper. You pay for the atmosphere and service at Chang's, which is more overrated than Ted's food anyway.

Oldnslo
11/15/2005, 09:34 PM
I like Changs. Szechuan Chicken Chow Fun rawks. I like Pei Wei, too, but since there's so little difference in price, I prefer Changs. I kind of figure PW is maybe $2/dish over what it should be. You know, just like Chang.

If you're in Bristow, try Lin Cuisine. It used to be called the Golden Wu. Their hot and sour soup is way hot... and sour. And they do a great General Tso.

See, there just aint so much good oriental food 'round here. Oh, sure you've got Binh Li and Lanna Thai, but that's Vietnamese and, um Thai. Snot Chinese.

yermom
11/15/2005, 09:34 PM
PF Chang's food = Pei Wei's food, but Pei Wei is cheaper. You pay for the atmosphere and service at Chang's, which is more overrated than Ted's food anyway.

they might be kinda similar, but they aren't the same

OU-HSV
11/15/2005, 11:35 PM
I didn't read the rest of this thread, just the title. But PF Changs rocks, I love the lettuce wrap appetizers. Mmmmmm..Guess I'll have to go eat there next time I'm in Tulsa...it's been a while.

jdsmith
11/15/2005, 11:37 PM

oh it can. oh it can...

Jerk
11/16/2005, 07:30 AM
There is a fast food Chinese place in Tulsa that I love and it is cheap. It is on Lewis between 71st and I-44 on the east side of the road. Anyone know the name of it?

silverwheels
11/16/2005, 10:31 AM
they might be kinda similar, but they aren't the same

They're pretty much the same. One of my friends was a manager at both places and he preferred Pei Wei.

yermom
11/16/2005, 10:33 AM
the main thing i order at Chang's is the KPC and it succs at Pei Wei

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2005, 10:38 AM
For people that don't know the history of Changs and Chili's... this above is TRUE.

A few Brinker (Chili's) execs and chefs bolted several years ago, and wanted to start their own restaurant chain. So who did they go to for the investment money? BRINKER! (Chili's), Brinker invested, and later was bought out of the investment by Changs.

A few years later, Brinker (Chili's) realizes, holy crap! We don't have a franchise to compete with Changs, so, they invested (and bought) Big Bowl. Which failed miserably, so they sold it back to the development company, and closed all of them except in Michigan, and Illinois. Which kinda sucks, cause Big Bowl was pretty good.

And now, that I am free from the chains of Brinker, I have lots of these stories. :D

Doesn't the 'PF' in PF Cangs stand for Paul Fleming? the same guy that has the Flemming Steak house or whatever it's called?

SoonerWood
11/16/2005, 11:07 AM
I read that 'PF' stood for Pfleuger Farklestein.

Boarder
11/16/2005, 11:14 AM
It makes me very happy to read of how everyone hates PF Chang's. Less line for me.

Frozen Sooner
11/16/2005, 12:15 PM
Never eaten at a PF Chang's, but people have told me it's decent.

I never ate one good chinese meal in Oklahoma and I refused to eat sushi that far from the ocean.

Speaking of which, I had all-you-can eat sushi yesterday for lunch. I love living next to the ocean.

Boarder
11/16/2005, 12:18 PM
Come on, we've got airplanes and stuff!

I'd really like to have some all you can eat sushi. I bet the king crab legs are far out up there, too.

Jimminy Crimson
11/16/2005, 12:26 PM
My fish monger can get me fish just as fresh as any restaurant on any coast.

And sushi at Sushi Neko can go up against any big time sushi joint. Even Nobu, although the variety at Nobu is almost unmatched.

Mmmm, Nobu. I think I might head to Vegas soon. :D

Frozen Sooner
11/16/2005, 12:37 PM
My fish monger can get me fish just as fresh as any restaurant on any coast.

And sushi at Sushi Neko can go up against any big time sushi joint. Even Nobu, although the variety at Nobu is almost unmatched.

Mmmm, Nobu. I think I might head to Vegas soon. :D

Uh-huh. Your fishmonger also has to pay to have the fish put on a jet and brought over-and it's STILL not as fresh as any restaurant in town here. There's one that serves fish that was still floppin' around earlier in the day.

Never ate at sushi neko. Wasabi's in downtown Seattle is pretty freakin' good though, and the chef at the Hilton downtown is one of the few who is licensed to do fugu.

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2005, 12:41 PM
Never ate at sushi neko. Wasabi's in downtown Seattle is pretty freakin' good though, and the chef at the Hilton downtown is one of the few who is licensed to wear fubu.

you sure about that? I saw Dolomite with a FUBU hoodie on the other day

RiddlerOK
3/22/2006, 01:06 PM

How about all the Big Bowl's that are still up and down the east coast?

colleyvillesooner
3/22/2006, 01:10 PM
Best four month call out bump ever.