PDA

View Full Version : Help me out..

doubleovertime
11/11/2005, 09:22 PM
My son is looking at some schools for an athletic scholarship...not from the Sooners but a smaller school. I need some advice. His h.s. coach doesn't do that much and I can only send so many tapes. He's been to camps, tournaments. ect. He received an email from http://www.nationsnext.com and need your opinion. Do sites like these work? It's free so I say why not. What do ya'll say.

BASSooner
11/11/2005, 09:45 PM
I'd say call them. You'll get more of a better response than through an e-mail I think. Best luck to your son in his football career in college.

OU-HSV
11/12/2005, 01:35 AM
I'd say that web site doesn't work. I just went into "Find athletes", I typed in Oklahoma, Football, Male. And not one athlete showed up. But good luck!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/12/2005, 08:04 PM
My son is looking at some schools for an athletic scholarship...not from the Sooners but a smaller school. I need some advice. His h.s. coach doesn't do that much and I can only send so many tapes. He's been to camps, tournaments. ect. He received an email from http://www.nationsnext.com and need your opinion. Do sites like these work? It's free so I say why not. What do ya'll say.

take the tape and have it converted to video. then put it on putfile and send out the link to the coaches...

FULLSTERKUR
11/15/2005, 01:35 AM
These sites help get your son exposure to more schools, but just remember they aren't getting feedback on just you son but every other kid whose parents paid for the program.

Id compare it to that speed dating fad of a year or two ago. you will definatley make more contacts and be exposed to more oppurtunities but it wont garuntee anything. you will still have to catch some one's eye for a real oppurtunity.

id suggest going for it. exposure is always a good thing.

If it dosen't work, tell you son to choose the school of his choice for academic reasons and go there. once there walk on to the team. if he gets cut, maybe stay on as a video assistant, student coach or football manager. atleast then he will be at a school they liked all a long and be prepared for life after college. which might still be in athletics but just not as a professional athlete but instead and agent, or head coach.

the worst that could happen is he actaully makes the team and is a squad member for a few years gaining teammates respect and accomplishing his goal of college athletics at his favorite college. the best thing, he is a diamond in the rough and leads OU to thier 8th.

win-win

p.s. FYI I am a former walk on at a school of my youth (sorry not ou) made the team, got hurt, student coached and got two years of grad school free as a ga in athletic department and now have a grad degree. i am not coaching but working in public recreation back in my home town. all cause of football. it can happen.

good luck