PDA

View Full Version : OU Basketball

boomersooner28
11/10/2005, 11:02 AM
In case you've missed it, OU Basketball has just hit an all-time high, IMO. Not only are the men's and women's teams going to be outstanding this season, but for years to come. The men signed one of the best (4th or 5th depending on who you ask) recruiting classes in the country, and the women had a top 10 class before Abi Olajuwon made her commitment. This is an exciting time for OU hoops!

:D :D :D

IronHorseSooner
11/10/2005, 11:33 AM
It's a great day to be a Sooners fan. However, what is sad is that UTerus's class is almost as high (5th in Rivals). For once I am shocked that when these two proud programs are comparible that UTerus is not ranked higher. Like I have said, the Sooners could have a monster starting five with just the guys they picked up today! Should we start calling them OU's Fab Five (Herndon, Crocker, James, Clark, McCorvey)?

Sooner04
11/10/2005, 04:49 PM
In case you've missed it, OU Basketball has just hit an all-time high, IMO. In terms of men and women, we're not quite to where we were in 2002.

In terms of high, period, we're not to '88 or '90.......but we're getting there.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/10/2005, 05:04 PM
from what i've read, olajuwan is kind of like moe

jk the sooner fan
11/10/2005, 05:05 PM
all i know is that i'm very excited about Sooner basketball right now.....

time will tell if its energy well spent.

TopDawg
11/10/2005, 05:13 PM
In terms of men and women, we're not quite to where we were in 2002.

Two big differences between then and now.

Back then we had several quality upperclass leaders on both squads. We've got some now, but I don't think we've got as many and I don't think they're quite as good either. That says more about the 2002 leaders than this year's leaders.

Back then we didn't have quite as much young talent as we do now.

Jimminy Crimson
11/10/2005, 05:28 PM
2002: Blue collar, hard work, senior leadership

2005/6: Potential out the ***

Goes for mens and wimmins.

william_brasky
11/11/2005, 01:22 AM
Well, Kelvin's finally got a group of thoroughbreds coming to Norman. He's done exceptionally well with his "junk yard dog" recruiting style. Time will tell. These guys coming in next year better understand that it's Kelvin's way or the highway. No prima donna-ism in his program.