PDA

View Full Version : First AP pre-season poll is out and OU is................

Sooner24
11/7/2005, 06:19 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

Rhino
11/7/2005, 10:03 PM
I'll take it.

IronHorseSooner
11/8/2005, 05:16 AM
No comment.

crawfish
11/8/2005, 10:51 AM
High ranking respect-wise...with a slight slap to keep us focused.

I like it. :D

IronHorseSooner
11/8/2005, 12:03 PM
"High ranking respect-wise...with a slight slap to keep us focused."

Actually, those are the words that best describe how I feel. Some of those teams are head for a fall (UCONN, 'Nova). UCONN has a great frontcourt, but a questionable back court. 'Nova best player is out indefinitely. Duke has two really good players, and a bunch of Freshmen. What shocked me was when Greg Doyel ranked UT ahead of us in his CBS Sportsline preview of the Big XII, but all of the off season he had OU #2 and Texas wasn't even in the top 5. I guess UT had better practices

AllAboutThe'O'
11/8/2005, 11:59 PM
And the preseason UT butt-kissing tour has apparently moved from Royal-Memorial Stadium to the Frank Erwin Center.
Having UT No. 2 in the nation in football is bad enough, but in basketball, too? Come on.

IronHorseSooner
11/9/2005, 02:25 AM
"O"- The sunshine pumping with Texas has been happening all off-season. I have described in many threads, quantitatively and qualitatively, how OU is, AT THE LEAST, equal to Texas, most likely better. I have also been quite fair about it. Some commentators have been evenhanded about their analysis (Greg Doyel, Clark Kellogg, FF) some have been backhanded or irresponsible(Seth Davis, Frank Burleson respectively). Like I have said, UT is an outstanding team, but do they deserve to be over OU, that is very questionable. I guess the new axiom should be "if OU and Texas teams are similar or equal, always go with Texas because they have more hype." And people wonder why we Okies cannot stand Texas.

snp
11/9/2005, 03:31 PM
Pretty interesting that the rivalry between our two schools, is also a contest at who is the best in the 2 sports of football and basketball. How many other teams could boast the rankings either of these teams has.

Maybe Louisville.