PDA

View Full Version : IHS Daily Basketball Preview- Team Preview- Texas

IronHorseSooner
11/4/2005, 07:25 AM
OVERALL:
A legitimate Final 4 caliber team. Have offensive weapons at 4 of 5 positions. They have one of the best frontcourts in the country, and an outstanding guard in Gibson. Their weaknesses are consistent 3 point shooting, bench, and cohesion. Can the Sophs who missed out on the Big XII Season last year gel? If they can, they can punch their ticket to the Final 4.

BEST PLAYER: Daniel Gibson: An accurate shooter who's not afraid to take the big shot. Had to do more scoring last year with the loss of Tucker and Aldridge. He's a legitimate All-Big XII performer, and possibly, All-American.

PROJECTED FINISH: 2nd

TOMORROW: OU

Herr Scholz
11/4/2005, 11:49 AM
I think that's fair. We've got an exceptional frontcourt with Aldridge, Tucker, Buckman, Mike Williams and Dion Dowell (and Connor Atchley too). We've got two very good point guards with Gibson and newcomer AJ Abrams. Our 2-guard position is up in the air right now. We'll have to see how those new guys play along with Paulino.

AustinTXHorn
11/4/2005, 01:17 PM
That's fair. Texas could be 1 or 2. And based on what was seen last year, Gibson is a fair choice for best player.

But based on what I saw two nights ago...I think Aldridge is going to be the best player on the team this year. He added a lot of weight and really looks a lot better. So did Mike Williams.

FaninAma
11/5/2005, 12:27 AM
ttt

IronHorseSooner
11/5/2005, 02:33 AM
Haven't seen them play, yet this year. The only true difference is experience. OU's three Seniors on a team who won the conference last year is the difference. It should be a great race.

IronHorseSooner
11/5/2005, 02:40 AM
Haven't seen them play, yet this year. The only true difference is experience. OU's three Seniors on a team who won the conference last year is the difference. It should be a great race.