PDA

View Full Version : saturday 11-5 other games

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/3/2005, 12:00 PM
:)

DCSooner
11/3/2005, 03:31 PM
VaTech baby. All the way.

Then they jump Texass, and play USC for the championship.

USC will win, but it will be a damn good game.

I have spoken.

Spray
11/3/2005, 07:41 PM
Home doggies- 'Zona, washington, Baylor. Uhhhhh.

OUthunder
11/4/2005, 07:55 AM
miami in a mild upset cuz va. tech is horrible in the red zone and overrated in an overrated conference.

ouflak
11/4/2005, 08:00 AM
These lines have really tightened up. I think Colorado will beat it's spread against Missouri and I think the same for Iowa State.

Texas has finally managed to convincingly not beat a spread. This follows a similar pattern to last year when they struggled against what should have been a vastly overpowered Kansas team. Baylor is definitely improved, but Texas has improved also. I'm gonna wait for more feedback/analysis before betting on that, but I'm leaning towards UT. If I get much of a sense that Horns are seeing this as a 'statement' game where they will try to kill Baylor, then I will load up on Baylor. If they just pretty much seem to be looking past this game or treating it as another necessary hurdle, I'll bet moderately on UT.

Virginia Tech should again handily beat a good team (Miami = Very good, not great). Miami is certainly quite capable of winning this game, but VATech is just on too much of a roll right now.

jeremy885
11/4/2005, 09:04 AM
no spread for the corn vs mangino game...I hope this doesn't come back and bite me in the *** like the last time I bet on the corn.

DCSooner
11/4/2005, 01:23 PM
Anyone who watched Virginia Tech's 30-10 thrashing of Boston College last Thursday had to have come away impressed. The offense moved the ball efficiently, the defense was stout and the Hokies controlled the line of scrimmage. QB Marcus Vick has been terrific this season, completing 69 percent of his passes for 1,534 yards and 11 TDs. His ability to keep defenses honest by staying in the pocket has enabled Tech's running game to flourish. Vick has blazing speed and can run when he needs to (319 yards, 3 TDs) but he's not the run-first QB his brother is. Tech's stable of backs -- Mike Imoh (400 yards, 4 TDs), Cedric Humes (365 yards, 5 TDs) and Branden Ore (330 yards, 3 TDs) -- can grind it out. The Hokies also have a trio of big-play pass catchers in receivers David Clowney and Eddie Royal and tight end Jeff King (5 TDs).

As good as the offense is, the Hokies' defense has been better. Tech leads the nation in scoring defense (9.1 points per game) and is second in total defense (231.3 yards per game) and passing D (139.0). It all starts up front, where ends Darryl Tapp and Chris Ellis have combined for 53 tackles, 13 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks. Linebacker Vince Hall leads the team with 70 tackles and Jimmy Williams is a lockdown corner who often forces teams to throw to the other side of the field.

Miami's offense has been shaky at times -- the Hurricanes' season-opening 10-7 loss to Florida State may have set offense back 50 years -- but has shown life recently. Quarterback Kyle Wright has steadily improved and running back Tyrone Moss, who saved Miami with a career-high 195 yards and four touchdowns in a comeback win over North Carolina last Saturday, is a beast. Sophomore tight end Greg Olson leads the 'Canes with 24 receptions, but they don't have a game-breaker at wideout.

The Hurricanes do have plenty of talent on defense, however. They lead the nation in total defense (221.6 yards per game) and held North Carolina to 18 yards of offense in the second half last week. Up front, Miami is deep, fast and ferocious and the 'Canes are loaded in the secondary, led by safeties Brandon Meriweather (a team-leading 68 tackles and nine tackles for loss) and fantastic freshman Kenny Phillips. If Miami can keep constant pressure on Vick, the 'Canes should force some turnovers.

Final Analysis

Both defenses are outstanding and have the ability to control the game. But three factors swing this game in Virginia Tech's favor: 1. The Hokies' offense is far superior to the 'Canes'; 2. Tech is outstanding on special teams and can produce momentum-shifting plays and 3. The Hokies are extremely tough to beat in Blacksburg, where they have won seven of their past 10. That's why Virginia Tech will handle Miami and close the gap on Texas in the BCS.

leavingthezoo
11/4/2005, 01:31 PM
who did you steal that analysis from?

DCSooner
11/4/2005, 01:43 PM
What! I am appalled you think I stolt that!!!

(espn)

JohnnyMack
11/4/2005, 02:55 PM

I got like a sentence into that and thought the same thing.

:texan:

BillyBall
11/4/2005, 11:16 PM
Go Tech.... I hope they give Fran the "Kobe Bryant" treatment.

SoonerInKCMO
11/5/2005, 02:17 PM
Looks like that 10000 I put on Baylor was wasted. :(

Howzit
11/5/2005, 02:38 PM
I got like a sentence into that and thought the same thing.
I saw the use of bold fonts and thought the same thing.

OUthunder
11/5/2005, 03:38 PM
Looks like that 10000 I put on Baylor was wasted. :(

heh. :D

jeremy885
11/5/2005, 06:44 PM
no spread for the corn vs mangino game...I hope this doesn't come back and bite me in the *** like the last time I bet on the corn.

Only idiots bet on the corn.

Howzit
11/5/2005, 07:09 PM
IN. :mad:

DCSooner
11/6/2005, 10:43 AM
<sigh>

proud gonzo
11/6/2005, 11:07 AM
know what's funny? i bet 100,000 on Nebraska and then decided that was stupid. So I bet on kansas. and i intended to make it so i still had a bet on nebraska, just a smaller bet... but for some reason i thought i had put 500,000 on Nebraska, so i put 400,000 on kansas. and ended up winning 300,000 instead of losing 100,000.

tee hee :D

Spray
11/6/2005, 11:41 AM
Home dogs looked good yesterday.

I started last week with about 90,000. I have 2.8 mil now. I wish real life worked out like that.

leavingthezoo
11/6/2005, 12:46 PM
yeah, that tech bet and miami upsetting v-tech helped...

OUthunder
11/6/2005, 01:06 PM
Home dogs looked good yesterday.

I started last week with about 90,000. I have 2.8 mil now. I wish real life worked out like that.

<cough>Baylor<cough>

Spray
11/6/2005, 05:36 PM
Can't win 'em all.