PDA

View Full Version : American Psycho

booomer
10/29/2005, 03:11 PM
This movie was on USA before the game started and I was sort of watching it.......weird movie btw.

Anyhoo, the psycho refers to the investigator (Willem Dafoe) as T. Boone Pickens. :D

It was good for a laugh.

JohnnyMack
10/29/2005, 05:13 PM
That movie is awesome.

One of the most overlooked, well written films evar.

proud gonzo
10/29/2005, 05:30 PM
i liked that movie

silverwheels
10/29/2005, 05:31 PM
Hilarious movie.

booomer
10/29/2005, 05:52 PM
Since I only saw the first hour, I was thinking I might go rent it. I'm really tempted to now since the consensus is that it is a great movie.

the_ouskull
10/29/2005, 06:46 PM
It is, but you have to ask yourself one major question:

SPOILER ALERT !!!

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Is he crazy, and made up all of the killings, etc... in his head? OR, is he NOT crazy, and made up all of the killings in his head? OR, did the killings really happen, and the world around him is so vaccous (sp?) that nobody noticed or cared?

It'll keep you up...

the_ouskull

Frozen Sooner
10/29/2005, 10:00 PM
Ellis leaves it open in the book and leans towards they really happened. The director says that he was just nuts and everything was in his head.

Read the book. It's amazing.

yermom
10/29/2005, 11:24 PM
the spoil tag is like [spoil] [ /spoil] ;)

OklahomaTrombone
10/29/2005, 11:27 PM
I like boobies

Frozen Sooner
10/29/2005, 11:29 PM
I guess I don't give a **** when the movie is like 5 years old :D

yermom
10/29/2005, 11:30 PM
:mad:

JohnnyMack
10/29/2005, 11:46 PM
I was always under the impression that it was all in his head.

booomer
10/30/2005, 12:02 AM
Hmmmmmm......

This is from Netflix: American Psycho 2
Patrick Bateman is dead, but his evil legacy continues with Rachael Newman (Mila Kunis (http://www.netflix.com/RoleDisplay?personid=20018869)), the only victim who managed to escape Bateman's grasp. Rachael will get rid of anyone who threatens her chances of becoming teaching assistant to the infamous Dr. Daniels, a professor and former FBI profiler. In a world where the stakes are higher and sex can kill, terror lurks in the new American Psycho.

This makes me think that it was real and not just in his head.

I added both movies to my rent queue.

Blitzkrieg
10/30/2005, 10:35 AM
Spolier alert -

The book is much more hardcore and the line between phantasy and reality is very blurred. The book lead me to beleive he did kill a bum or two, and brutalized/raped the hookers. But then the other stuff was in his mind.

The movie was a bit disappointing, but Christian Bale was perfect. When dude is riding the prostitute doggy style and is giving it up to himself in the mirror, that is classic, and so true to that character. I laugh out loud at the very thought of it.

the_ouskull
10/30/2005, 03:13 PM
Hmmmmmm......

This is from Netflix: American Psycho 2
Patrick Bateman is dead, but his evil legacy continues with Rachael Newman (Mila Kunis (http://www.netflix.com/RoleDisplay?personid=20018869)), the only victim who managed to escape Bateman's grasp. Rachael will get rid of anyone who threatens her chances of becoming teaching assistant to the infamous Dr. Daniels, a professor and former FBI profiler. In a world where the stakes are higher and sex can kill, terror lurks in the new American Psycho.

This makes me think that it was real and not just in his head.

I added both movies to my rent queue.

I doubt that Bret Easton Ellis had ANYTHING to do with the "sequel." Also, the fact that Kelso's g/f is starring in it leads me to think it's more of a parody than anything else...

the_ouskull

Czar Soonerov
10/30/2005, 03:53 PM
Speaking of Christain Bale, have you seen "The Machinist"? Great movie.

GDC
1/10/2006, 09:10 AM
Christian Bale should have won an Oscar for American Psycho, he's a great actor.

JohnnyMack
1/10/2006, 10:55 AM

Saw it. Good (albeit weird) flick.

Ya know he was rumored to be an early favorite to play Anakin in Star Wars. Maybe they wouldn't have succed so bad.

Rhino
7/23/2006, 10:25 PM
Lil watched and I re-watched this last night.

I missed the name-check when I watched it years ago -- probably because it wasn't relevant to me back then.

NYSooner1355
7/23/2006, 10:46 PM
Ellis leaves it open in the book and leans towards they really happened. The director says that he was just nuts and everything was in his head.

Read the book. It's amazing.

that is how I saw the book vs. the movie - one being "real events" the other fantasized events

yermom
12/16/2006, 02:40 PM
finally saw this... pretty twisted flick

was it written before or after Fight Club?

booomer
12/16/2006, 02:51 PM

Yes, I have. Great movie.

I could not believe how skeletal he was in the movie.....he doesn't even look like himself.

booomer
12/16/2006, 03:01 PM
finally saw this... pretty twisted flick

was it written before or after Fight Club?

It was written before.....1991, I believe(???) Fight Club is a 1996 copyright.