Wayne Simien, Nick Collison, Hinrich. :D

Hella Sideburns
10/25/2005, 04:21 PM
lester earl
kenny gregory

King Crimson
10/25/2005, 04:36 PM
Chris Piper
and a half dozen of norm's thugs--many of them listed above.

OUstud
10/25/2005, 04:57 PM
Muenkoe. I remember watching him when I was, like, 8, and he was such a dirty thug. Seems like we always beat him though :)

Soonerborn03
10/25/2005, 09:55 PM
Julius Michalik - He was just so ugly. Biggest adam's apple I've ever seen

Doug Gotlieb - "Shoooooooot"

My personal most disliked:

James Thomas - UT Center a couple years ago and he got away with murder down low

James McFarland - Same thing here

Joey Graham - Finally got called on his offensive fouling in the NCAA's

Edit: Holy crap....I forgot.....Big Country

Did that man ever stand there with his mouth shut in his life?

PrideTrombone
10/25/2005, 10:20 PM
1. Rick Fox - I wasn't even really following OU sports when he beat us in the NCAAs, I just think he looks like a *********. Every glance I get of him fills me with unexplainable murderous rage.
2. Doug Gottlieb - Watching him cry when we beat the Aggies in Stillwater in the last game in Old GIA was priceless.
3. J.J. Redick - Easy to shoot when you have 4 other athletic guys (or 3 and Shavlik Randolph) creating your shot for you. No one with that much b-acne should ever be allowed to even look at a basketball court.
4. James Thomas - That high-socked thug got away with murder under the basket for the one season he was good.
5. Tom Coverdale/Dane Fife - How did we let two redheaded pasty *******s knock us out of the Final Four? :(

BBall players I rooted for (non-OU):
1. Romain Sato (Xavier). That guy rained so many 3s down on us in one half in Dallas it was unreal.
2. The dude from Baylor who could dunk like a sonofabitch. Black, I think his name was.
3. Emeka Okafor. After reading an interview with the guy, it was hard not to like him. Classy dude.

IronHorseSooner
10/26/2005, 12:30 AM
I forgot about Derek "Buck" Grimm and James Thomas. Buck Grimm was the guy that Tyus Edney shot his miracle scoop over in the famous drive in the NCAAs. HE WAS A FOOT TALLER!...Thomas was a thug....Mihm=Boddicker=Klotz=Buckman. Texas has always has a big white guy (usually overhyped, except I respect Buckman from last year)....Rick Fox was another @$$clown. I remember that the Celtics has both him and Oscar Gamble from Iowa. Two guys who both geat us on last second shots. At that time, I hoped the Celts lost every game.....Clint Normoore from KU was another.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/26/2005, 12:34 AM
Rick Fox was another @$$clown. I remember that the Celtics has both him and Oscar Gamble from Iowa.
Is that the same Oscar Gamble that had the massive Afro who also moonlighted as a major league baseball player?
And no list of the most disliked basketball players of all time can be complete without these two soothing words: Christian Laettner. No, make that three soothing words: Christian Freaking Laettner.

Scott D
10/26/2005, 12:36 AM
for me Bobby Hurley, and yes...it's personal.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/26/2005, 01:09 AM
for me Bobby Hurley, and yes...it's personal.
I would've added him to that list, too, but I kind of softened my stance on him after his near-fatal car accident.

Scott D
10/26/2005, 01:20 AM
I would've added him to that list, too, but I kind of softened my stance on him after his near-fatal car accident.

I played against him in high school, and he was a dirty cheating bastard then.

william_brasky
10/26/2005, 05:55 AM
In no particular order:

Christian Laettner
Jason Sutherland
Rick Fox
Gabe Muoneke
Kobe Bryant

I never got to see him actually play as I'm too young, but what about:
Bill Walton --- Horrrrrible!!!!

Robert Horry with the Lakers due to being so damn clutch on a Kobe team

What about Danny Manning? That bastard broke my heart.

GDC
10/26/2005, 08:00 AM
Danny Manning
every NBA player that is not a former Sooner

kelloggOUballa
10/26/2005, 08:41 AM
Manu Ginobili, easy

IronHorseSooner
10/26/2005, 10:13 AM
Sorry, I meant Kevin Gamble. He hit the three against Billy's team in 1984 (?). I have to admit, Oscar Gamble is funny...

I also never liked Big Country. I remember in High School when my hometown, Miami, OK, had the Golden Norsemen Tourney- the largest in the state (some 75 teams). Schools from all over the state and from Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas would play. Well, Gans was there, and Big Country is the same age as me. I told my friend that he ought to come see this guy in our High School gym who looked like Sasquatch. He had shaggy hair, and was FAT!

kbsooner
10/26/2005, 12:07 PM
Monte Hardge

Jimminy Crimson
10/26/2005, 12:48 PM
Sheryl Swoopes

IronHorseSooner
10/26/2005, 01:38 PM
I always laughed at "Large" Harge....I totally forgot about Brian Cardinal from Purdue. He was another total @$$clown. Another is Ryan Robertson from Kansas. I never liked him either, and he was another guy that I loved to see go.

breakingwind40990
10/27/2005, 02:41 PM
bruce bowen

CobraKai
10/29/2005, 09:33 PM
Doug Gottlieb and John Lucas (in a tie)

IronHorseSooner
10/30/2005, 05:49 AM
It's amazing how I keep thinking of these guys, but another was Ron Kellogg from KU. It seemed as if he NEVER missed a shot, against anybody. He was the small forward on the teams with Danny Manning.

Salt City Sooner
10/30/2005, 05:24 PM
He was one of VERY few beakers that I didn't mind (come up here & live with 'em & you'll know what I mean there). Being a lefty myself, I paid particular attention to that shot of his, & it was saaaweeet to say the least. He, along with Manning & Calvin Thompson (remember the Cally-oop?) was a huge part of that ''86 FF team that lost to Duke.

william_brasky
10/30/2005, 06:13 PM
I always laughed at "Large" Harge....I totally forgot about Brian Cardinal from Purdue. He was another total @$$clown. Another is Ryan Robertson from Kansas. I never liked him either, and he was another guy that I loved to see go.

ah dude...lay off Cardinal...one of my favorite players...he's not afraid to be the garbage man and do the little things (set screens, take a charge, dive for loose balls, etc) that do not show up on the stat sheet. great role player. very blue-collar. he can shoot the ball extremely well too.

soonerguild
10/30/2005, 08:08 PM
All of these are true, but the two that have to stand out to me are Danny Manning and Tom Coverdale. We have been the best team in the country in BBall twice, and We let these two take a title from us both times. Of the two it has to be coverdale, at least manning was good, but coverdale was a red headed F%#@ who i have cringed at the sound of ever since, man that loss was hard.

william_brasky
10/30/2005, 08:16 PM
wasn't Tom Coverdale in Whitesnake?

NASASooner
10/30/2005, 08:41 PM
maybe I'm old but...

Steve Stepanovich mu
Jeff Hornacek isu cried about EVERY call

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/30/2005, 10:12 PM
i always had issues with guys that were money at lloyd noble.

randy rutherford averaged like 32 pts a game there
others
fred hoiberg
doug smith

royalfan5
10/30/2005, 10:18 PM
Any Laker ever
Jerimiah Massey
Wesley Stokes
Jeff Boschee
Brooks Thompson
Any ISU player ever.

william_brasky
10/31/2005, 12:08 AM
John Starks simply due to his association with the Stillwater clan

IronHorseSooner
10/31/2005, 04:04 AM
I know ALL about the Beakers. I lived there for a year, my hometown is about 15 miles from the Kansas border, and my dad worked in Kansas for over 20 years. My dislike for KU BBALL is about equal to my dislike for UT Football. In fact, the Beakers are, maybe, even more annoying than UT because ALL they live for is BBALL. At least we and UT have more to live for than just ONE sport (Football, Men's and Women's BBALL, Baseball, Softball, etc.).

ucosooner
11/2/2005, 12:16 AM
Can't stand john starks. His association with new york, the clothesline on Pippen. Patrick Ewing was another.

As far as the college ranks, any big men texas has had the last 10 years, they all seem like pricks.

Lets add carmelo anthony, highly overated. Allen Iverson. I remember seeing him play for the first time ever in Tulsa, his rookie year, and Ryan Minor was with the 76ers. I couldn't stand Iverson from that moment on, because everytime he dribbled, he carried the ball. AND NEVER GOT CALLED!
Karl Malone.
Man I could keep going.

Herr Scholz
11/2/2005, 10:53 AM
I would think TJ Ford would be higher since he ruined Price's Senior night. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Statalyzer/e95a17c9.jpg

And seriously, you guys shouldn't talk about dirty low post players. Your team with Najera and Stone always left someone with a bloody nose.

GDC
11/2/2005, 10:58 AM
Why do you mods let these whorns rub our noses in things like this on a Sooner board? It shows what a lack of class Herr has for posting it in the first place, but I just can't figure out why he and others are allowed to get away with it.

Salt City Sooner
11/2/2005, 11:54 AM
Never had a problem with Ford personally. All that guy did that night was bust his arse until the final buzzer. OU went all of 13 for 23 from the line that night, including missing their last 5 (1 of which was a front end of a 1 in 1) in crunch time & as far as I'm concerned, any team that does that deserves what they get when they choke like that.

GrapevineSooner
11/2/2005, 12:09 PM
Charles Barkley, who I liked as a player. As a TNT anaylst, however, he's a bloviating moron.

GrapevineSooner
11/2/2005, 12:18 PM
T.J. Ford's a good kid.

And he was instrumental in Milwaukee's comeback last night over Philly.

1stTimeCaller
11/2/2005, 12:38 PM
I would think TJ Ford would be higher since he ruined Price's Senior night. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Statalyzer/e95a17c9.jpg

And seriously, you guys shouldn't talk about dirty low post players. Your team with Najera and Stone always left someone with a bloody nose.

It was usually Stone with the bloody nose from tripping himself at least 10 times a game. Renzi Stone is head and shoulders my least favorite Sooner of all time.

Herr Scholz
11/2/2005, 01:00 PM
It was usually Stone with the bloody nose from tripping himself at least 10 times a game. Renzi Stone is head and shoulders my least favorite Sooner of all time.
He played hard. Got to give him that. I didn't like playing against that OU team. They were tough.

Herr Scholz
11/2/2005, 01:02 PM
T.J. Ford's a good kid.

And he was instrumental in Milwaukee's comeback last night over Philly.
He did look good. I'm happy for him. It's like the Bucks got two 1st rounders this year with him back and Bogut.

Crimson and Orange
11/2/2005, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=Herr Scholz]I would think TJ Ford would be higher since he ruined Price's Senior night. ;) QUOTE]

I was at that game, and it was really enjoyable to see TJ and Hollis show so much respect for each other. I remember TJ and Hollis exchanging hugs after the game, and TJ said later that he thought Hollis had more heart than any guy he'd ever played against. The fans there at the Noble center were surprisingly courteous. I wish I could have said the same about our kids at the Drum. :mad:

Both of us had damn fine teams that year. Too bad the 'Cuse ruined us both in the tourney. :(

IronHorseSooner
11/2/2005, 02:46 PM
"Both of us had damn fine teams that year. Too bad the 'Cuse ruined us both in the tourney"

Hence why Carmello Anthony is on the preliminary list. I watched both of those games here in Iraq, and the one where they beat KU, and all of those games made my stomach curdle (and this was the part of the war where we still hadn't taken Baghdad, yet). This is ever more the reason to dispise lOSUr because they had that team down by darn near 20 and could finish the deal. 'Mello is a punk. It's a shame that Eduardo is on that team with two of the biggest punks around- "Mello and KMART.

AustinTXHorn
11/2/2005, 02:52 PM
wish I could have said the same about our kids at the Drum. :mad:
You mean like after the game last year when Bookout, Kellen Sampson, Gilbert, and Lavender came out and talked with the Texas student section?

So which Sooner are you? gdc?

GDC
11/2/2005, 02:59 PM
So even though everything is supposedly bigger and better in Texas, your main excuse for posting here is that your boards suck?

I hate threads that end up with mostly whorns talking to each other, or worse, whorns and aggies fighting.

Of course, each time any of you pathetic losers post here is just another chance for me to negspek pile drive your arses deeper into the red.

AustinTXHorn
11/2/2005, 03:03 PM
So even though everything is supposedly bigger and better in Texas, your main excuse for posting here is that your boards suck?

I hate threads that end up with mostly whorns talking to each other, or worse, whorns and aggies fighting.

Of course, each time any of you pathetic losers post here is just another chance for me to negspek pile drive your arses deeper into the red.
Did you just accidentally positive spek me?

King Crimson
11/2/2005, 03:10 PM
This is ever more the reason to dispise lOSUr because they had that team down by darn near 20 and could finish the deal.

i remember watching that game.

GDC
11/2/2005, 03:17 PM
Did you just accidentally positive spek me?

Maybe, but I can fix that.

soonerlaw
11/2/2005, 03:23 PM
Boddicker.

Crimson and Orange
11/2/2005, 03:24 PM
So even though everything is supposedly bigger and better in Texas, your main excuse for posting here is that your boards suck? Of course, each time any of you pathetic losers post here is just another chance for me to negspek pile drive your arses deeper into the red.

My spek is now so crimson, it won't change now, or ever, so who gives a hoot how many times you or Thunder negspek me? My "spek" rating is no longer reflective of real responses to my posts, so negspek away.

I've said before that I enjoy your board because it's got good discussion from knowledgeable fans.

Not that you ever contribute anything to the discussion except "Texas combibo" and your anti-UT tirades, but it would honestly be interesting to hear what you have to say about something other than how much you hate Texas. Life's too short to get your blood pressure at 300 over 250 just because someone in orange posts an honest thought or comment on your board.

I'm never disrespectful of you or your school, team, etc. on your board and never will be.

GDC
11/2/2005, 03:29 PM
My spek is now so crimson, it won't change now, or ever, so who gives a hoot how many times you or Thunder negspek me? My "spek" rating is no longer reflective of real responses to my posts, so negspek away.

I've said before that I enjoy your board because it's got good discussion from knowledgeable fans.

Not that you ever contribute anything to the discussion except "Texas combibo" and your anti-UT tirades, but it would honestly be interesting to hear what you have to say about something other than how much you hate Texas. Life's too short to get your blood pressure at 300 over 250 just because someone in orange posts an honest thought or comment on your board.

I'm never disrespectful of you or your school, team, etc. on your board and never will be.

troll :texan:

Pricetag
11/2/2005, 03:30 PM
What was the name of that white guard that OSU had in the late '80s-early '90s? I remember him particularly from the 1990 game in Stillwater. He did something really punkish there, if I remember correctly.

AustinTXHorn
11/2/2005, 03:32 PM
The fans there at the Noble center were surprisingly courteous.
GoHorns on 3/1/05

A few weeks later we drove up to Norman to see the rematch, which Texas won in a really, really close and well-played game. I received pretty similar abuse from the OU fans, although nobody actually got in my face and screamed at the top of their lungs. I really didn't cheer, but was wearing orange. I figure you don't make noise in someone else's house unless you're looking for a fight. I got a lot of "Texas Sucks," several hundred inverted "Hook 'em" signs, and about a dozen middle fingers or profanity-laced insults. It wasn't quite as personal as the guy seated next to my wife a few weeks earlier, but it wasn't much better than our fans. I got hit with ice twice at the end of the game and one drunk student gave me a really good in-your-face "F*** Y** Texas" as we left, despite the fact that I was with 5 red-clad Sooner fans. I was called all sorts of interesting names, none of which were family-friendly. It didn't bother me much - I've heard much worse at Arkansas and CU, where they throw don't consider it a good day unless they hit you in the head with something hard thrown from at least 20 rows up.

All in all, I'd have to say our fans edged yours out by a hair for classlessness, but it was a really close race.
Whether you're gdc, other Sooner, or Longh0rn, gdc is right (did I just say that?). That reeks of troll.

GDC
11/2/2005, 03:34 PM
GoHorns on 3/1/05

Whether you're gdc, other Sooner, or Longh0rn, gdc is right (did I just say that?). That reeks of troll.

posting someone's IP address is not cool

SelmaBamaFan
11/2/2005, 03:38 PM
OK, I hated Basketball before, but thanks to this thread I absolutely loathe it... i despise it now and want the game to cease to exist all because of this retarded thread.

Thank you.

Crimson and Orange
11/2/2005, 03:48 PM
So which Sooner are you? gdc?

Hardly. I'm definitely not a Sooner, but I'm also not deluded into thinking our basketball fans are nicer than OU's.

I went to both regular-season UT-OU games in 2003, and it was like night and day. In February I wore orange to the game in Austin and sat with my wife, who is a Sooner. She wore a red sweatshirt, but was quiet and never said a word. For the entire first half we were verbally assaulted by the fans around us yelling "OU s****" inches from her face, jeering, and generally the most obnoxious fan behavior I have ever seen outside of Boulder. At one point I finally leaned across her to the 35-year-old "fan" next to her yelling insults, and told him he could either quit screaming in her ear, or I'd pop him in the eye. He stared at me silently and completely shut up after that, but we left at halftime. I think he couldn't believe someone in orange could ever stick up for someone in red, no matter what abuse was being heaped on her.

GDC, I think he was your burnt-orange counterpart.

About a month later we went up to Norman to see Texas play OU, and the fans there were generally very nice. I wore some orange, but was quiet/polite and so were the fans around me. I was with several Sooner fans, too, which probably helped. The kid behind me got a little carried away whapping me on the head now & then with the inflatable noisemaker sticks, but it was a long way from the abuse my wife took in Austin, and I had a few laughs with him. I got a few names tossed at me at the game (it was probably GDC) but for the most part those fans acted like civilized people.

The night before we had dinner at Patsy's Pizza and met "The King," and the people there were gracious and polite, even though I was wearing orange. Nobody there ever said a bad word about Texas or insulted me, and there was certainly nothing like what we'd endured in Austin a month earlier.

You can't convince me our fans have an ounce of class at home basketball games.

(OK, GDC, time to negspek me) :texan:

Crimson and Orange
11/2/2005, 03:52 PM
edit.

Won't you be surprised, Einstein.

AustinTXHorn
11/2/2005, 03:52 PM
Nobody there ever said a bad word about Texas or insulted me, and there was certainly nothing like what we'd endured in Austin a month earlier.
So are you a liar now or in March?

Hrmmm.

Crimson and Orange
11/2/2005, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=AustinTXHorn]So are you a liar now or in March? QUOTE]

How so? You're mad at me because i won't blanket insult Sooner fans?

SelmaBamaFan
11/2/2005, 05:51 PM
He's wondering why you said one thing in March, and then another just now... or something.

God why do I keep clicking this thread?