PDA

View Full Version : IHS Daily Basketball Preview- Kellen Sampson

IronHorseSooner
10/22/2005, 05:46 AM
OVERALL:
A functional back-up PG. Is said to be one of the best 3PT shooters on the team, and his time in mop-up duty proves this. Anther player who can come in and give some good minutes.

STRENGTHS:
1. Shooting: Good 3PT shooter, while he has had the chance. Good looking shooting form.
2. BBALL IQ: Smart player, understands the game. Will likely be a coach when he finishes his BBALL career as a player.
3. Practice Ethic: Noted as a great practice player. Allows KS to run varied looks during practice, and get some starts some rest.

WEAKNESSES:
1. Athleticism: According to KS, he could play more minutes, but he has a problem with more athletic guards.
2. Minutes: Not really a weakness, just a reality. With all of the talented guards, his playing time will likely be relegated to mop-up time.
3. Dribble Penetration: More of a shooting style PG. Doesn't really look to drive when he has the chance.

Former OU Comparison: John Ontjes

Tomorrow: Michael Ott

soonerspiff
10/23/2005, 11:52 AM
unless we have serious attrition due to injuries i don't think kellen will ever see any significant playing time.

not trying to knock the kid or anything...

Salt City Sooner
10/23/2005, 02:40 PM
"Former OU Comparison: John Ontjes"
Unless you put "Poor man's" in front of it, I'm tellin' John next time I see him. ;)

Sooner04
10/23/2005, 02:51 PM
Former OU Comparison: John Ontjes
A total slap in the face to John Ontjes. Ontjes is the second-best point guard of Kelvin's tenure behind Quannas.

That's like saying Kevin Bookout is a lot like Jason Yanish because both of them were white.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/23/2005, 03:44 PM
That's like saying Kevin Bookout is a lot like Jason Yanish because both of them were white.
However, saying Kevin Bookout is a lot like Jason Yanish because both of them are tall and can't jump good, is beyond reasonable and just makes some senze actually. Its a preseason thing, what do you want them to say, he is the second coming of Cano!!!!!

IronHorseSooner
10/24/2005, 09:09 AM
I though about not putting anybody. However, just trying to find a "reach" on this.