PDA

View Full Version : An Injury Report

OLDSOONER
10/19/2005, 08:38 AM
Metaphysically speaking, I've been playing hurt all season. The Sooners have brought about within me a plethora of maladies whose symptoms have included various stages of cephalalgia, epistaxis, contused liver, double vision, memory loss, incontinence, sprains & strains along with a skin color that is more greenish than usual. Most of these symptoms seem to occur during the first half. The memory loss has been evident on Sunday mornings two or three times.

The trampling I've received from the stampede desertions by the mobs of bandwagon denizens has exacerbated all this I think. When we lose one, there they go. Win one, and then they're running like hell to claim a vacant seat. Sometimes this phenomenon repeats itself several times in one game. If you add the Aggie folks from up North into the mix, you can end up with quite a thundering herd at a watering hole somewhere.

The most surprising whacking I have received came not from a batch of willy-nilly hand wringing fair-weather folks running back and forth wearing brand new t-shirts. Rather it came from a lifetime diehard Sooner fan after I was lured deep into an appropriately partisan wooded countryside to watch the game.

http://www.members.cox.net/oldsooner/ccnos.jpg

After Texass whipped us, I received this savage brutalization for bringing my big 1974 model, Red & White Igloo cooler that was made in Houston. Then he spotted a Shiner Light hidden under the ice. (A leftover from the AARP tractor pull and ballet.) Whooo Boy! I shouldn't have made the remark about one of his Elk trophies resembling Mack Brown either.

Anyway, let me just say, I hope Baylor doesn't sneak up on us. It could bring about another unwelcome visitation of severe gag reflex.

C&CDean
10/19/2005, 08:52 AM
You ain't been boned til' you've boned a bone.

That was the only redeeming aspect of that particular day.......

You are a bad, bad man.

OULenexaman
10/19/2005, 10:50 AM
Ole Dean is still quite the ladies man I see.

OLD GUY....I see my childhood stomping grounds as your location. No longer in Oz any more?? I myself have changed tribal land as well. ;)

IB4OU2
10/19/2005, 10:55 AM
Anyway, let me just say, I hope Baylor doesn't sneak up on us. It could bring about another unwelcome visitation of severe gag reflex.

Well if it happens wev'e been there before........not many times but afew.

and your posts are great Old One....

(and Dean will bone just about anything...:eek:...)

Norm In Norman
10/19/2005, 09:34 PM
DEAN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO OLD SOONER IN THAT PICTURE!!!

You should be ashamed.

And is OS made of beer in that pic?

Texas Golfer
10/19/2005, 09:46 PM
Metaphysically speaking, I've been playing hurt all season. The Sooners have brought about within me a plethora of maladies whose symptoms have included various stages of cephalalgia, epistaxis, contused liver, double vision, memory loss, incontinence, sprains & strains along with a skin color that is more greenish than usual. Most of these symptoms seem to occur during the first half. The memory loss has been evident on Sunday mornings two or three times.

The trampling I've received from the stampede desertions by the mobs of bandwagon denizens has exacerbated all this I think. When we lose one, there they go. Win one, and then they're running like hell to claim a vacant seat. Sometimes this phenomenon repeats itself several times in one game. If you add the Aggie folks from up North into the mix, you can end up with quite a thundering herd at a watering hole somewhere.

The most surprising whacking I have received came not from a batch of willy-nilly hand wringing fair-weather folks running back and forth wearing brand new t-shirts. Rather it came from a lifetime diehard Sooner fan after I was lured deep into an appropriately partisan wooded countryside to watch the game.

After Texass whipped us, I received this savage brutalization for bringing my big 1974 model, Red & White Igloo cooler that was made in Houston. Then he spotted a Shiner Light hidden under the ice. (A leftover from the AARP tractor pull and ballet.) Whooo Boy! I shouldn't have made the remark about one of his Elk trophies resembling Mack Brown either.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

picasso
10/20/2005, 12:58 AM
gotta love the socks old one.

hows your gulliver or gullivah?

soonerboy_odanorth
10/20/2005, 06:58 AM
Gah!

I think I just sprained my right lobe trying to mentally pronounce "cephalagia" and "epistaxis".

Gah!

There goes the left one...

opksooner
10/20/2005, 11:35 PM

Alright, I guess I have to be the one to ask: Where's Mosoon? She must be close by because her red boa is obvious in the pic.

What's the deal?

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2005, 01:57 AM
Is AD in or out this weekend?

OLDSOONER
10/21/2005, 07:18 AM
Well, OPK, where were any 'o you guys when I was gettin' a Sepulveda style rump kickin'?

Lenex indicates he has moved his hogan, but didn't say where. IB4OU is obviously a practical zenlike individual with a calming aura; wasn't around to help. Norm has calmed down following the years of physical confrontation and getting beaten up by Sooner 04. No help from Norm. Texas Golfer finds my situation amusing.

At least Picasso has a great sensibility and fashion appreciation concerning my socks. In my day, when it came to women, if they were wearing white socks, you knew that you couldn't catch VD from 'em. Venereal disease. VD sounds so much more succinct than STDs. More direct somehow...

Soonerboy gave his cold shoulder to the situation. And where's th' Deacon anyway? Probably doing his marvelous analytic work on games we've played and doesn't want to become embroiled with another underdog.

Love and tenderness can only come from...

http://www.members.cox.net/oldsooner/helping hand.jpg

and I ain't buyin' it.

The Bears are wanting 5 wins and rank 5th in big 12 Defense. Let's send 'em home unfullfilled.

Norm In Norman
10/21/2005, 07:49 AM
Aw - how cute.

C&CDean
10/21/2005, 08:44 AM
You see Norm. I'm not all **** and vinegar. I do cuddle after coitus.

mikeelikee
10/21/2005, 08:55 AM
Anorexia is an awful malady! :eek:

OLDSOONER
10/21/2005, 09:18 AM
Norm, c'mon. Some sincerity please.

Geeze, Hoss, ya promised to leave my first name outta this.

And Mikeelikee, I ain't happy about having to throw up through a parchment soda straw.

OULenexaman
10/21/2005, 09:52 AM
I'm in the burbs of Chicago. They closed down my rodeo in Lenexa and sent me up to Itasca, Il. to tame these lands. Pretty diverse bunch of people up here. The folks I inherited here consist of a Maya, a Miguel and a Moe. I figure if I hire a Larry and a Curly this place will be complete. :norm:

OULenexaman
10/21/2005, 10:11 AM
and I'm beginning to think I'm the only sooner fan that lives in Elk Grove Village. All I found in the sports bars here were :mack: fans for the shootout.

IB4OU2
10/21/2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks Old One......Antinflamatories and 51 years of bein' a Sooner fan has that effect.......

OLDSOONER
10/21/2005, 11:27 AM
ChicagoOUlenexaman.. a bit of a mouthful. I did a Google map search of your crib up there. The big OU logo painted on your roof did look rather lonesome. But you do have ribs, Blues and the Art Institute. I hear the winters are barrel of laughs.

IB4OU2, NSAIDS & Sooners both are contributing to ulcers around here.

OULenexaman
10/21/2005, 01:41 PM
I hear the winters are barrel of laughs.

and a bit long too. Many months I'll be staring out my office window and looking across the street at the Itasca Country Club praying for it to turn green again....or just look at the nice green satellite pic on google maps. :(

opksooner
10/21/2005, 02:32 PM
Do they have a satellite "Jerry's Bait Shop and Sushi Bar"?

OULenexaman
10/22/2005, 09:27 AM
pretty close to it OPK......in the historic old town section of Itasca there is a place called "Tree-Guys Pizza Pub". Has a back door entrance and all. They even left up the old neon sign out front from the 60's when it was called the "HI-FI Lounge"