Bench reps: 11
Squat max: 485 pounds
Vertical leap: 31 inches
Shuttle time: 4.12 seconds

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=37738

Alabama and Oklahoma are his two leaders. This is a win win situation for me :D

sooner13f
10/13/2005, 09:41 PM
This is the guy Ive been wanting to come to OU all year. With Murray starting to look hard a other schools we may luck out and get this guy. I know he is not rated a top RB but the videos Ive seen, the kid is bad. I love bama as well but sure hope the guy is in Norman next year. IMO he is underated and we need some of those players right now.

CoSooner
10/18/2005, 08:59 PM
Scouts Grade: 6.8
Position Rank: RB #30

Considering: 1-Arkansas , 2-Alabama , 3-Oklahoma , 4-Texas Christian , 5-Mississippi State
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evaluation: Brown is a smooth, elusive runner with good running instincts. He is a glider that doesn't always look fast, but he never seems to get run down from behind. He takes little time to reach top speed, has the burst to consistently turn the corner and is fast enough to go the distance when he gets a seam. He has excellent straight line speed. Shows good lateral mobility, has excellent vision for a young back and excels at exploiting cutback lanes. Wastes very little motion, hits the hole with authority and runs bigger than size. Stays balanced and rarely goes down because of an arm tackle. Lowers shoulder upon contact, finishes runs with authority and almost always falls forward. Keeps legs driving at all times, has adequate lower body strength and fights to pick up the tough yards after contact. He is shifty and possesses good lateral movement when he hits the second level. He is a threat to turn the short gain into the big play. Has the tools to develop as a blocker, but not a lot is asked of him in this area.

Notes: All State, All District, All Cenla, 2003&2004...

jreed13
10/21/2005, 11:24 AM
Looks like Alabama has been slacking off on recruiting this kid and OU and Arky are in the lead now.

Archangel
11/17/2005, 12:42 PM
Rivals.com

Chris Brown is leaning toward Oklahoma.

Sooners sitting pretty for RB
The rumor mill is churning and many believe Alexandria, La., running back Chris Brown could be the next player to give their oral commitment to Oklahoma.

After leading his team with 1,500 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns in just nine games he is preparing himself for a playoff run for the state championship. But that has not kept Oklahoma off his mind.

"Oklahoma is my top team still - definitely," he said. "I think about playing there all the time. I will probably take a few more visits after my season is over just to make sure Oklahoma is the place, but I'm going to end up at Oklahoma."

Brown still plans to take visits to TCU and Mississippi State, but what makes him so sure Oklahoma will be the school he attends next year?

"I have one of my friends over there (Nic Harris)," he said. "It's a great team. It's a great atmosphere. I like the coaches a lot and they have a bunch of great players I can be around. I just see myself at Oklahoma."

Brown expects to make his decision in mid-December at the earliest.

From rivals. Free info, not members only.

sooner13f
11/17/2005, 08:04 PM
This kid is good maybe we should give Nick some more playing time to make sure he stays happy?:D

southern sooner
11/17/2005, 09:52 PM
We are in the running for the top 2 running backs in the country (i believe), Murray and one other. From what I have heard Murray is leaning heavy to OU does this either a) make Murray reconsider or b) push this kid away if Murray comes to OU?

Thoughts?

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/17/2005, 11:00 PM
We are in the running for the top 2 running backs in the country (i believe), Murray and one other. From what I have heard Murray is leaning heavy to OU does this either a) make Murray reconsider or b) push this kid away if Murray comes to OU?

Thoughts?

I think Murray will goto either Florida or USC anyway, but to answer your question YES this will have an affect on his decision without a doubt. Of course I would rather have Murray, but ya never know maybe OU will get some elaborate (Chuck Long has no idea what I am talking about) 2 running back system where both of these guys can tear it up.

bigdsooner
11/18/2005, 01:57 AM
great, thats all we need is another stud RB ;)

sooner13f
11/18/2005, 08:52 AM

Thoughts?
I dont think Murray is a OU lean anymore. My guess would be USC. Talks about replacing Bush all the time. Brown has OU and Ark as one and two. I think this guy will be at OU once Murray makes up his mind.

jreed13
12/13/2005, 10:59 AM
Chris is going to be a sooner :)