PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone want to see PT play a whole Game..??

Blues1
10/11/2005, 01:34 PM
At QB --- I can't help wondering - 'What IF" -- Now that he's been on the field getting the some of the jitters out (even at WR) - Just maybe he's ready to Rock & Roll -- I can't believe "one game" on the bench for Bomar would destroy him -- Just about Every Player who has ever played football did some bench time - (I know i did) -- I know the answer will come "The Coaches know best " - But what is seen in practice doesn't always mean what will happen on the field -- And maybe my faith in some of the Coaches isn't that strong right now....(but that's my problem)

But At this point I gotta believe one more loss and things could get very messy with everyone's brain.....

Keep Rockin'

Scott D
10/11/2005, 01:36 PM
This thread goes a long way to once again promote the fact that the most popular QB on a team is the backup QB

Harry Beanbag
10/11/2005, 01:38 PM
No.

Blues1
10/11/2005, 01:39 PM
Yes And NO --- But when in 3 years has PT ever played the whole Game...???

Stanley1
10/11/2005, 01:39 PM
Hell no.

yermom
10/11/2005, 01:40 PM
the way he stopped short with the safety coming at him Saturday, i'm not surprised he didn't play much after that

sanantoniosooner
10/11/2005, 01:40 PM
NO

SoonerSince72
10/11/2005, 01:42 PM
This thread goes a long way to once again promote the fact that the most popular QB on a team is the backup QB

OMG, here we go again!~ Who the most popular QB on the team is, is simply a matter of opinion only. Leave it alone already, its like beating a dead aggie that has already been dead for 4 weeks and then it just becomes cruel and boring. :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
10/11/2005, 01:44 PM
OMG, here we go again!~ Who the most popular QB on the team is, is simply a matter of opinion only. Leave it alone already, its like beating a dead aggie that has already been dead for 4 weeks and then it just becomes cruel and boring. :rolleyes:
I think you misunderstand his post.

There is a generic saying that the backup QB is the most popular.

and then there's the specific situation that we or other teams have.

He was just referencing the generic and showing that our situation somewhat proves the rule.

NormanPride
10/11/2005, 01:48 PM
PT is better than Vince Young!

:rolleyes:

Scott D
10/11/2005, 01:49 PM

sarcasm grasshopper, sarcasm ;)

Norman Sooner
10/11/2005, 01:50 PM
here we go again... :(

Boarder
10/11/2005, 01:55 PM
Let's Play Hays!

Let's Play Hays!

Let's Play Hays!

Let's Play Hays!

Let's Play Hays!

snp
10/11/2005, 01:58 PM
Cycles.

This forum goes in gigantic, retarded cycles.

NormanPride
10/11/2005, 02:06 PM
Is it time for another Kasey Studdard thread? :D

Widescreen
10/11/2005, 02:14 PM
Frankly, PT has no hope of playing QB in the NFL. If he has any aspirations of going to the next level, he needs to focus on playing WR.

SoonerSince72
10/11/2005, 02:15 PM
sarcasm grasshopper, sarcasm ;)

Upon further review, the ruling on the field has been reversed and intercepted by a ghost interference penalty, thus resulting in a loss of down and turnover. Automatic sarcasm approved, grasshopper 3rd and 10.

Now that makes sense to me. LOL

Tear Down This Wall
10/11/2005, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure about PT, but I'd love to see ENA get a chance to play the position he won during the spring and fall practices. Then again, I wanted Steve Collins and Chad Davis to be given a shot at the job Gary Gibbs gift-wrapped and handed to Cale Gundy just over a dozen years ago.

Don't kid yourselves, folks. Coaches can get too enamored of certain players. Trolling 'Horns will remember the recent past when the inexperienced Chris Simms was given Major Applewhite's job. It certainly does suck, but coaches fall into that "can't miss recruit" trap sometimes instead of playing guys who may be able to get the job done.

And to think for all these years we thought Stoops was all about putting the best players on the field.

Widescreen
10/11/2005, 02:23 PM
Once upon a time, there was a young freshman QB by the name of Matt Jones. He came up against a mighty Sooner defense and looked completely lost. He got sacked and hit and blasted and his team ended up with 50 yards of offense. He ended up being pretty good.

I think Bomar will be just fine.

yermom
10/11/2005, 02:25 PM
Once upon a time, there was a young freshman QB by the name of Matt Jones. He came up against a mighty Sooner defense and looked completely lost. He got sacked and hit and blasted and his team ended up with 50 yards of offense. He ended up giving away the biggest game he played to Texas at home as a Senior.

fixed ;)

snp
10/11/2005, 02:31 PM
Is it time for another Kasey Studdard thread? :D
Studdard is no Muhammed Jihad from Derkaderkastan.

...cycles

jacru
10/11/2005, 03:09 PM
Only when the team is bad. The hoped for savior must be somewhere. :rolleyes:

cowboys70
10/11/2005, 03:23 PM
Once upon a time, there was a young freshman QB by the name of Matt Jones. He came up against a mighty Sooner defense and looked completely lost. He got sacked and hit and blasted and his team ended up with 50 yards of offense. He ended up being pretty good.

Right on.

Lord Helmet
10/11/2005, 03:27 PM
Quarterback play couldn't possibly get worse that it was last week...Sure let PT play. Whoever will win games...I don't care who plays as long as we win.

southern sooner
10/11/2005, 03:28 PM
no chance

OUthunder
10/11/2005, 03:31 PM
Does Garrick McGee still have eligibility left?

Harry Beanbag
10/11/2005, 03:45 PM
Justin Fuente would be my pick.

OUthunder
10/11/2005, 03:49 PM
Justin Fuente would be my pick.

Nah, he wasn't very mobile. :D

picasso
10/11/2005, 03:53 PM
Yes And NO --- But when in 3 years has PT ever played the whole Game...???

first play, TCU game. that pretty much sums it all up.

picasso
10/11/2005, 03:54 PM
Quarterback play couldn't possibly get worse that it was last week...Sure let PT play. Whoever will win games...I don't care who plays as long as we win.

hi troll.

ben folds owes me money. I let him tell people I was his friend back in high school.

Jimminy Crimson
10/11/2005, 04:35 PM
no

edit: yes.... at receiver :cool:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/11/2005, 04:36 PM
Obligatory Put in Rawls!

SoonerVIC
10/11/2005, 04:47 PM
Reminds me of the Steve Collins situation.

I would like to see a little more Donta Hickson in there when AD is out.

Sooner1979
10/11/2005, 05:04 PM
I agree....I even saw a post saying they wished Tommy Grady had not left....With this OL, Tommy would have been sacked (because of lack of mobility) twice as much as Rhett or even Paul for that matter.

85Sooner
10/11/2005, 05:07 PM
hMMMM AT least PT took his team deep into the playoffs both years that he "led" his team. The coaches are going to do what they want. Thats their job so I guess its OK .

Can anyone name a successful QB who plays or played in Div 1 that never even made the HS playoffs as a QB? Just a question because I don't know.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2005, 05:29 PM
TDTW, were you really born in 1911? If so, congrats,and man, what you've seen in your life! Hey, play ENA at QB. I would like to see what he can do, now that the team doesn't have as much pressure on it.(there's no longer much pretense that we're good this year)

ucosooner
10/11/2005, 05:29 PM
I would like to see the kid get his chance. BOTH QBs had bad first games, then suddenly Bomar was the starter. I feel like the coaches already picked Bomar, as the QB of the future, but sort of played the fans and PT. I am a fan of PT no matter what position he plays, but he did come to OU to play QB, and I don't feel he has had his chance.

TXBOOMER
10/11/2005, 06:19 PM
After the way he played the majority of the TCU game and the way he cut that curl off with the safety coming against texass, I don't care if I see him play another down.

Hella Sideburns
10/11/2005, 06:22 PM
Studdard is no Muhammed Jihad from Derkaderkastan.

...cycles

lol i actually drafted studdard in madden, and i thought of that same thread.

soonermaticsam
10/11/2005, 06:27 PM
Since we're playing KU this weekend, do you guys realize what a laughing stock their QB situation is, rotating multiple QBs doesn't work worth a crap, WE ARE NOT KU, Rhett is the man we need to develop!

Crimsontothecore
10/11/2005, 06:47 PM
The biggest mistake the coaches ever made was letting Noah Allen get away.

FaninAma
10/11/2005, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure about PT, but I'd love to see ENA get a chance to play the position he won during the spring and fall practices. Then again, I wanted Steve Collins and Chad Davis to be given a shot at the job Gary Gibbs gift-wrapped and handed to Cale Gundy just over a dozen years ago.

Don't kid yourselves, folks. Coaches can get too enamored of certain players. Trolling 'Horns will remember the recent past when the inexperienced Chris Simms was given Major Applewhite's job. It certainly does suck, but coaches fall into that "can't miss recruit" trap sometimes instead of playing guys who may be able to get the job done.

And to think for all these years we thought Stoops was all about putting the best players on the field.
I feel exactly the opposite. I believe that the coaches were too enamored with PT because of his loyalty in the past. I think as a result the entire spring and fall practice was a bust in regards to allowing the QB and wr's to develop any timing.

okienole3
10/11/2005, 06:54 PM
Stoops made a deal with the devil. The price? You are watching it right now.

FaninAma
10/11/2005, 07:00 PM
Stoops made a deal with the devil. The price? You are watching it right now.If Stoops had made a deal with the devil he'd be coaching Texas or USC right now.

okienole3
10/11/2005, 07:16 PM
If Stoops had made a deal with the devil he'd be coaching Texas or USC right now.

Three years ago OU would be on that list.

Sooner_Tuf
10/11/2005, 07:17 PM
I think this Bomar kid has what it takes. I think we should watch and see what the coaches do with him. This year isn't over yet and I think it is smarter to develop the guy that will be here next year than one that is leaving anyway.

SoonerDood
10/11/2005, 07:19 PM
AMEN

sanantoniosooner
10/11/2005, 07:25 PM
Bobby Bowden made a deal with Joe Paterno.

westcoast_sooner
10/11/2005, 08:13 PM
I think this Bomar kid has what it takes. I think we should watch and see what the coaches do with him. This year isn't over yet and I think it is smarter to develop the guy that will be here next year than one that is leaving anyway.

At this point, I don't think OU can take ANYONE lightly the rest of the way. But the schedule from here on in doesn't look imposing. KU isn't going anywhere. Nebraska was doing OK until Tech stole one in Lincoln. A&M, Baylor and OSU don't have a lot, though Baylor doesn't look like the Baylor of old, and Tech might be tough in Lubbock.

Bomar is tough. If he plays the way he played against KSU the rest of the way, things will be OK, and we'll get to see a star emerge. I'm not convinced that having a JUCO guy is going to be the answer, unless Bomar proves that he simply cannot make plays. A new guy is going to have to learn the system and that takes time.

And a big part of the formula for Bomar's success is going to be how effective AD is. Having him in the backfield healthy, means that there are other options. I'm not sure why the coaches aren't doing some things with the other backs anyway, since Kejuan has proven himself to be durable and dependable, and both Hickson and Gutierrez have some ability.

I think for now, Bomar is the man. If PT wants to play at the next level, he needs to work as hard as he possibly can to be a decent WR.

Blues1
10/11/2005, 08:22 PM

Where is PT going -- ???? - He 's listed as a Junior -

The last thing I want to happen is come this Sunday morning - I bump this thread - and re-ask this same question - Cause I gotta believe IF we lose to Kansas you can Kiss "any" Bowl Game away for this Season - So I hope all this Faith you folks have in RB comes to pass - but I have to say for me I just don't see it (YET) - At least not with AD being at a 100% -- We could beat KU by 40 points - and IF we do.?? -- I'm still not sure we gonna make a decent bowl..?? - I don't know what is going on with this team but something ain't working - (As we know The whole football nation sees it)

You can jump my case for being Concerned - But when the coaches hold out a player for a season they must have had a reason - and now it looks awful funny that after a few plays he's not even given a real chance - Yea I know PT over threw a wide open pass for a TD and fumbled at that 3 yard line - But that was in the first game in the first 30 minutes - How do you judge anyone on that basis..???-- One Fumble - One pass ...how many more have we seen since then....Lots --- Looks like someone (coach) panic to me..

Here's hoping RB set's the world on fire - We go 8 and 3 and on to Holiday - the Alamo - Gator or Sun -- and I don't bump this thread Sunday Morning....Because I really hope RB Is the answer - but my guts don't feel it...

Keep Rockin'

mikeb
10/11/2005, 09:30 PM
No, but I would like for our OL to block the whole game, and the receivers to get open every once in awhile, and the secondary learn how to not let the other team catch the ball.

SouthFortySooner
10/11/2005, 10:03 PM
Paul was tentative at best with the position. Bomar comes in a runs recklessly around the end for, what, 17 18 yds. Then jumps up and acts like he's auditioning for a Jerry Maquire remake. So he had me then.

P.S. This is one of the most absurd questions EVAR. (for its timing only)

GottaHavePride
10/12/2005, 12:25 AM
I really think they redshirted Paul hoping that his passing and leadership abilities would develop along the same lines that Vince Young has over the past few years. I think they even left him in the TCU game longer than most coaches would have in that situation hoping he'd work out his jitters and come out and tear up the second half. It didn't happen. So now we're riding a redshirt freshman QB hoping live game experience can do for him what 3 years in the system couldn't do for Paul.

Not that I'm writing Paul off - I think he can be a hell of a WR. It's possible he may be playing tentatively at WR because someone told him "don't do anything stupid and get yourself injured in case Rhett gets hurt."

westcoast_sooner
10/12/2005, 12:33 AM
PT has to work twice as hard. He has to work at WR AND he has to work at QB. If he doesn't prepare, if he slacks off at ALL, he can't hope to be effective on Saturday. Bomar has taken some serious hits, and anyone can see from Monday's NFL game, that an injury can happen at ANY time.

I think he should be an inspiration to the rest of the team. Sounds like both he and Bomar are stepping up and providing leadership - vocal or silent. Here's hoping that the team sees what is going on and responds.

Scott D
10/12/2005, 03:21 AM
The biggest mistake the coaches ever made was letting Noah Allen get away.

THIS people....is pure comedic genius :D

azzbakwardz
10/12/2005, 12:04 PM
Um NO!
With how he looked when he was in the backfield, after all the time he has been there, HELL NO. No different that RB, play the freshman, and give this a rest lol....

soonernation
11/30/2006, 11:49 PM
Stoops made a deal with the devil. The price? You are watching it right now.

This struck me as funny. I can't believe this thread hasn't been bumped already.

StoopTroup
11/30/2006, 11:57 PM
I'm glad I never posted in it...till now. :D

soonernation
11/30/2006, 11:58 PM
me too

Jimminy Crimson
12/1/2006, 12:20 AM
no

edit: yes.... at receiver :cool:

Sorry, Paul! :O

yermom
12/1/2006, 12:30 AM
hindsight is always 20/20

who would have guessed he would have led us to KC this year?

Blues1
12/1/2006, 12:46 AM
Well I said in my gut I didn't feel right with Bomar --- Guess I'll try to keep following my gut....Thanks vermom I had totally forgot about this Post....

Keep Rockin' PT ---------------- :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thats 10 smileys for seeing PT play a whole game time's - Ten ..... :)

Blues1
12/1/2006, 12:53 AM
2005 ---- !!!

Where is PT going -- ???? - He 's listed as a Junior -

The last thing I want to happen is come this Sunday morning - I bump this thread - and re-ask this same question - Cause I gotta believe IF we lose to Kansas you can Kiss "any" Bowl Game away for this Season - So I hope all this Faith you folks have in RB comes to pass - but I have to say for me I just don't see it (YET) - At least not with AD being at a 100% -- We could beat KU by 40 points - and IF we do.?? -- I'm still not sure we gonna make a decent bowl..?? - I don't know what is going on with this team but something ain't working - (As we know The whole football nation sees it)

You can jump my case for being Concerned - But when the coaches hold out a player for a season they must have had a reason - and now it looks awful funny that after a few plays he's not even given a real chance - Yea I know PT over threw a wide open pass for a TD and fumbled at that 3 yard line - But that was in the first game in the first 30 minutes - How do you judge anyone on that basis..???-- One Fumble - One pass ...how many more have we seen since then....Lots --- Looks like someone (coach) panic to me..

Here's hoping RB set's the world on fire - We go 8 and 3 and on to Holiday - the Alamo - Gator or Sun -- and I don't bump this thread Sunday Morning....Because I really hope RB Is the answer - but my guts don't feel it...

Keep Rockin'

Still Rockin'
November 30th - 2006 ----- :)

yermom
12/1/2006, 12:55 AM
Well I said in my gut I didn't feel right with Bomar --- Guess I'll try to keep following my gut....Thanks vermom I had totally forgot about this Post....

Keep Rockin' PT ---------------- :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thats 10 smileys for seeing PT play a whole game time's - Ten ..... :)

i didn't bump it, but how about the 12 he's played ;)

how's your gut feel about Keith Nichol?

Blues1
12/1/2006, 01:04 AM
i didn't bump it, but how about the 12 he's played ;)

how's your gut feel about Keith Nichol?

Yep - Forgot about 2 games - (texas & oregon easy to forget -- :)

No Gut Feeling about Keith Nichol as of yet....His girlfiend being in Michigan is always a Concern - Get that Boy fixed up with a Sooner Blonde knockout...!!!ASAP....

Sam Bradford..?? - The New Freshman Oklahoma Recruit keeps ringinng in my Head for some reason....We will all know more after Spring Ball....

Just Keep Rockin' with PT.....

douxpaysan
12/1/2006, 01:11 AM
Azzholes are like opinons....everybody has got one.:rolleyes: I seem to remember running down our young offensive line this summer...oooops

Blues1
12/1/2006, 01:20 AM
Azzholes are like opinons....everybody has got one.:rolleyes: I seem to remember running down our young offensive line this summer...oooops

My Guess is about 65% of all the posts on this Board are some kind of opinons....So IF the shoe fits........

Still R'

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/1/2006, 01:59 AM
I'm glad my only comment in this thread was a smart aleck Put In Rawls comment.

Of course, I thought ENA got screwed last year and never saw why everyone was so enamored with A$shat.

85Sooner
12/1/2006, 08:38 AM
ill stick with my comments

okieballin
12/1/2006, 09:00 AM
what does anyone know about the enid qb, who commited to ou. i think his name is Austin Box. everyone on sports radio talks about what a stud he is.

MamaMia
12/1/2006, 09:37 AM
I didn't post in this thread but if I would have I would have been behind Bomar because I trust Stoops choices. I was hoping that Rhett would blossom into a great quarterback for us. He may still be a great quarterback at Sam Houston State for we know. Its a shame that his character building experience had to be made on the coat tails of a mistake that cost him his position with OU. Sometimes however, the hardest lessons are the most important learned, and honesty is indeed one of the most important attributes to have in this life.

I also liked Paul back then as well. He just seemed like such a trooper and so loyal to us. What he has done for this team is very admirable. I sure do appreciate how he has been there for us in whatever capacity Coach Stoops needed him to be. I will always be grateful for how he has led this team, which has had to overcome so many hurdles, to the Conference Championship game no less. What a year! I'm proud to call him a Sooner and sure do wish him all the best.

FourKings
12/1/2006, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=Widescreen]Once upon a time, there was a young freshman QB by the name of Matt Jones. He came up against a mighty Sooner defense and looked completely lost. He got sacked and hit and blasted and his team ended up with 50 yards of offense. He ended up being pretty good.

Love Matt Jones....that guy always, always gave it his best, much respect for him! Too bad he didnt have the team they have now!!

sooneron
12/1/2006, 10:09 AM
I thought I had posted in this thread, but as a supporter of Paul's. I know that I said somewhere on here that I thought Paul should have gotten a shot after the idiot stunk it up against TU. Instead, the coaches were too concerned with the idiot's psyche.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/1/2006, 10:21 AM
I wonder if Stoops & Co. have ever admitted (at least privately) that they screwed up by not choosing Paul last year.

The idiot did not have the team support that Paul has. Besides Paul's numbers this year when put next to his speak for themselves.

Tear Down This Wall
12/1/2006, 05:14 PM
Happy to have defended ENA last year. The coaches pulled him way too quickly. The OL was awful against TCU last year. Paul couldn't play QB and coach the OL.

Congrats to ENA for sticking it out and getting back to the Big 12 Championship Game...while somewhere down in Huntsville, Bomar studies for finals at Sam Houston State...or not.

goingoneight
12/1/2006, 05:42 PM
Happy to have defended ENA last year. The coaches pulled him way too quickly. The OL was awful against TCU last year. Paul couldn't play QB and coach the OL.

Congrats to ENA for sticking it out and getting back to the Big 12 Championship Game...while somewhere down in Huntsville, Bomar cashes his check from the local dealership by Sam Houston State...

Harry Beanbag
12/1/2006, 08:51 PM
what does anyone know about the enid qb, who commited to ou. i think his name is Austin Box. everyone on sports radio talks about what a stud he is.

I think he's supposed to be a Safety at OU.