PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody talked about the curtains on the tunnel?

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 11:46 AM
That was weak. Do you think they'll fashion some sort of tunnel to get them from the locker toom to the sidelines at Kyle Field?

:texan:

Taxman71
10/10/2005, 11:48 AM
Since we finally lost to whorns for the first time this century, maybe Joe C. could whine a little to see what the Cotton Bowl will do for us. The "feel sorry for Mack" theme went overboard with the ramp screens. Sadly, this just adds fuel to the "move the game" movement since they are gradually taking away what makes this game great.

colleyvillesooner
10/10/2005, 11:50 AM
I've got apic, I'll try to upload tomorrow...

Herr Scholz
10/10/2005, 11:52 AM
Maybe we should switch sides next year so our fans can dump cokes and spit on the Sooner team. You might be singing a different tune about the tunnel then. Just sayin'.

tbl
10/10/2005, 11:52 AM
It was gay and weak. I'm hoping some of the fans were still able to hurl their soda's over the top...

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 11:55 AM
Maybe we should switch sides next year so our fans can dump cokes and spit on the Sooner team. You might be singing a different tune about the tunnel then. Just sayin'.

Oh, I didn't know about the soda. That changes everything.

Hey, I know. Maybe we can put a curtain up in the stands on the 50 yard line too. And one behind the OU side of the Texas bench and the Texas side of the OU bench. How about curtains around each OU fan in the Texas side and each Texas fan in the OU side too?

FaninAma
10/10/2005, 11:56 AM
Maybe we should switch sides next year so our fans can dump cokes and spit on the Sooner team. You might be singing a different tune about the tunnel then. Just sayin'.I call bull**** on that one. I have been at the last 5 games and unlike most of you sorry-assed Texass fans I stayed until both teams left the field....even this year. I never once saw anyone pour a coke on a Texas player or spit on them.

I did see your gay-assed mascot walk around the entire OU section antagonizing Sooner fans with a sign about Stoops. Now if he had been taken out I wouldn't have been too displeased about that. BTW, why did security allow that but then feel the need to put the curtains up?

mrowl
10/10/2005, 11:57 AM
that was so cheap. They even covered the fence on the south side of the tunnel so you can't see the locker rooms.

Herr Scholz
10/10/2005, 11:58 AM
I never once saw anyone pour a coke on a Texas player or spit on them.
Well, our players say it happens every single year. No offense but I think they have a better vantage point than you.

Rhino
10/10/2005, 11:59 AM
It's funny that no one from Texas complained about the stadium seating arrangement until this year.

We get the tunnel, you get the filled-in end zone.

We've been doing this since, what? -- 1929?

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 12:00 PM
The mascot was carrying a sign that said "Poop on Stoops." Apparently they had a contest at Austin Municipal Kindergarten to see who could come up with the catchiest sign. The sign was just slightly less classy than the pelvic thrusts the "Texas Fight" chest paint students were doing to their song.

One of the students who does the Oklahoma flag also told me that they were told not to pester any of the Texas players or they would be ejected from the game.

1stTimeCaller
10/10/2005, 12:01 PM
My HS coach coached at OSU for Pat and Bob Simmons and when they were at Michigan he said he went out before pregame and noticed a chickenwire cage above OSU's entrance to the field and thought WTF. Later when the team came out he said the Michigan fans were throwing nachos and hot dogs at them and damn near every aggy had nacho cheese on their uniform.

That didn't answer your question did it?

Rhino
10/10/2005, 12:02 PM
One of the students who does the Oklahoma flag also told me that they were told not to pester any of the Texas players or they would be ejected from the game. HAHAHAHAHA.

I hope Texas players aren't really intimidated by our flag team.

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 12:02 PM
My HS coach coached at OSU for Pat and Bob Simmons and when they were at Michigan he said he went out before pregame and noticed a chickenwire cage above OSU's entrance to the field and thought WTF. Later when the team came out he said the Michigan fans were throwing nachos and hot dogs at them and damn near every aggy had nacho cheese on their uniform.

That didn't answer your question did it?

Did the nacho cheese spell "Oklahoma State"? Cuz if so, that's just their colors.

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 12:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHA.

I hope Texas players aren't really intimidated by our flag team.

Some of the meanest students I've ever met were in that service fraternity that does the flag.

Flagstaffsooner
10/10/2005, 12:04 PM
Well, our players say it happens every single year. No offense but I think they have a better vantage point than you.Now, Herr my friend, we all know how texans tend to stretch the truth.

Herr Scholz
10/10/2005, 12:07 PM

No, actually, there's a small section in our endzone that you guys get every year to make up for your loss of seats where the tunnel is. That's to make sure the exact number of fans from each team are there.

And just because you guys have had an unfair advantage with the tunnel for decades doesn't mean it's fair and should stay that way. I believe Royal conceded the tunnel in the 70s if I'm not mistaken.

tanjou
10/10/2005, 12:07 PM
The guard member carrying the Texas flag was explicitly told not to do anything funny because Brian Britt received a message directly from David Boren voicing a concern over the matter.

Total. ****ing. Bull****.

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 12:11 PM
No, actually, there's a small section in our endzone that you guys get every year to make up for your loss of seats where the tunnel is. That's to make sure the exact number of fans from each team are there.

They'd add more to the noise making of the OU section if they were on our side though. I doubt they do a lot to distract Texas when Texas is in that end of the stadium. They could add to our efforts if they were in our end. Yes, I know, it's a minor detail, but there's no denying that it's more of an advantage to have all of your fans in your section than to have some of your fans in the other team's section. That's why some schools split up the opposing fans into small sections throughout the stadium instead of one or two large sections.

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 12:12 PM
The guard member carrying the Texas flag was explicitly told not to do anything funny because Brian Britt received a message directly from David Boren voicing a concern over the matter.

Total. ****ing. Bull****.

You mean like in the past when they hold the Texas flag to their pole?

FaninAma
10/10/2005, 12:12 PM
Well, our players say it happens every single year. No offense but I think they have a better vantage point than you.
Be specific. Which players? It hasn't happened the last 5 years and if you can find a player who said it happened, which I doubt, I'll call him a liar to his face.

And I agree that the bull**** the Cotton Bowl pulled this year with the curtain is the final nail in the coffin for keeping the game in Dallas as far as I'm concerned.

Taxman71
10/10/2005, 12:13 PM
Bottom line, the whorns are pu$$es and always will be. The only conceivable competitive advantage of playing in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl is OU having the tunnel. Everything else about this game favors the whorns. It would be like OU playing Kansas in basketball at the Ford Center in OKC every year and claiming it was equal.

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 12:14 PM
Maybe next year they'll add amplifiers to the Texas side of the stadium so that their fans appear to be as loud as ours.

Or perhaps they'll have "extras" on hand so that the next time Texas gets blown out and all their fans leave, the players won't get their feelings hurt.

tanjou
10/10/2005, 12:17 PM
Precisely.

It's getting ridiculously tame.

Herr Scholz
10/10/2005, 12:17 PM
Everything else about this game favors the whorns. It would be like OU playing Kansas in basketball at the Ford Center in OKC every year and claiming it was equal.
If the fans were 50/50 at the Ford Center, you would have a point. I don't understand how playing in a neutral stadium with the fans 50/50 favors one team or the other. If the stadium were in NYC, and half of the fans were crimson and half were burnt orange, it would be the same game. I never get this argument from you guys.

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 12:19 PM
If the stadium were in NYC...

...it wouldn't be in TEXAS, home of the University of Texas.

It's not like there are any huge advantages Texas has by holding the game in Dallas...it's just lots of minor things that really add up to bug a lot of Sooner fans.

SoonerPriv
10/10/2005, 12:23 PM
pics of the curtains..
no curtains
http://privdog.com/upload/pics/nocurtains.jpg
curtains
http://privdog.com/upload/pics/curtains.jpg

Herr Scholz
10/10/2005, 12:23 PM
...it wouldn't be in TEXAS, home of the University of Texas.

It's not like there are any huge advantages Texas has by holding the game in Dallas...it's just lots of minor things that really add up to bug a lot of Sooner fans.
Such as? Have you noticed the number of OU alumni living in Dallas now? It may bug you to run into a lot of Texans in Dallas but that doesn't mean there's an advantage on the playing field.

CtheB
10/10/2005, 12:26 PM
That was weak. Do you think they'll fashion some sort of tunnel to get them from the locker toom to the sidelines at Kyle Field?

I wish there was a curtain around my seat at the Cotton Bowl. :)

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 12:29 PM
Such as? Have you noticed the number of OU alumni living in Dallas now? It may bug you to run into a lot of Texans in Dallas but that doesn't mean there's an advantage on the playing field.

Well then having the tunnel in our end is no advantage either. Unless your players are so emotionally unstable that they'll let their play on the field be affected by what happens to them coming out of the tunnel.

SoonerPriv
10/10/2005, 12:31 PM
I wish there was a curtain around my seat at the Cotton Bowl. :)

no doubt look at all the burnt orange :(
http://privdog.com/upload/pics/Picture_0921 (Large).JPG

sooneron
10/10/2005, 12:56 PM
I was in that endzone in 01 and 03. I was giving the whorns hell as they were waiting to go into the locker room and coming out of it. I NEVER saw a beverage dumped on them. The players just decided to play the "They're throwing stuff at us and we don't feel safe" card. Pussies.

Funky G
10/10/2005, 01:07 PM
Dodds cried about the tunnel issue in the paper before the game. We never cry that the game is played in the state of Texas, we just deal with it. Now, that Texas won, you won't hear about it again. Longhorns cry when they don't get their way. Sooners never complain about anything....

OKC-SLC
10/10/2005, 01:29 PM
those curtains suck. there aren't two ways about it. Rather than the curtains to protect that players (whom I KNOW in 2002 had nothing thrown at them because I was on the edge of the tunnel) why don't we just toss out any yahoo who does throw anything down at them?

Otherwise, I think we should just have each player in a personal cylinder with a white noise machine that shields them from the emotional discourse undoubtedly caused by the boos of the fans and other stuff of mean spirited satanic OU fans.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/10/2005, 02:38 PM
I believe one year I was in the Pride (1978-1981) that they had the horn flag upside down..."It was a mistake"...Coach I understand chewed out the flaggette with a smile and a grin...

colleyvillesooner
10/10/2005, 02:42 PM
Bob should have brought the team into the stadium down the aisle in the middle of the Texas side endzone. Whiny crybabies.

1stTimeCaller
10/10/2005, 02:43 PM
when I see this thread title all I can think of is 'meat curtains' for some reason

Ruuuuuufus
10/10/2005, 02:59 PM

Link? Which players said it?

I've sat at the tunnel every year since 99 except 2002 when I was a section over and I've never seen any beverages or food thrown on any players.

jdsooner
10/10/2005, 03:07 PM
I will keep saying it: It is time to leave Dallas. It is time to leave the Cotton Bowl. It is time to have the game in Norman.

yermom
10/10/2005, 03:19 PM
The mascot was carrying a sign that said "Poop on Stoops." Apparently they had a contest at Austin Municipal Kindergarten to see who could come up with the catchiest sign. The sign was just slightly less classy than the pelvic thrusts the "Texas Fight" chest paint students were doing to their song.

One of the students who does the Oklahoma flag also told me that they were told not to pester any of the Texas players or they would be ejected from the game.

where were Boomer and Sooner when we needed them?

Rocker
10/10/2005, 03:31 PM
It's funny that no one from Texas complained about the stadium seating arrangement until this year.

We've been doing this since, what? -- 1929?

They are a bunch whinning crying Pu$$ies!!!!!!! They damn sure didn't mind in the 1990's

Scott D
10/10/2005, 03:36 PM
it was probably Bo Scaife who made the claim ;)

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 03:36 PM
I will keep saying it: It is time to leave Dallas. It is time to leave the Cotton Bowl. It is time to have the game in Norman.

Texas might not even show up if it's in Norman. It'd be like one big Cotton Bowl tunnel the whole time.

aero
10/10/2005, 04:02 PM
Its the only excuse they could come up with why they lost. I mean, afterall, a coke spilled on them.....geez, how is one supposed to concentrate after that?

msteudem
10/10/2005, 04:09 PM
The curtain thing was suc. That was my first RRS game to attend and I was looking forward to every part of the experience including watching the players run out of the tunnel.

Ardmore_Sooner
I made my way through a sea of people to get to the side of the fence (by the bathrooms) to heckle like I always do, but to my dismay, gay curtains have been put up. How much of a puss can you be? And I'm sorry Herr but if people dumping coke and such on you intimidates you, then you don't deserve to play D-1 football.

Mack Brown is officially a puss! :mack:

Herr Scholz
Its the only excuse they could come up with why they lost. I mean, afterall, a coke spilled on them.....geez, how is one supposed to concentrate after that?
So why not swap with us? If it's no big deal... You guys know having that tunnel is an advantage and you don't want to give it up.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/10/2005, 04:18 PM
Why hasn't this been an issue until this year?

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 04:22 PM
So why not swap with us? If it's no big deal... You guys know having that tunnel is an advantage and you don't want to give it up.

No, we know that you all think it's an advantage so we don't want to give it up. If they just all the sudden switched it, we probably wouldn't care. But because we know that you want them to switch it, we're adamantly opposed.

http://dts.ystoretools.com/1025/images/200x200/sinehama.jpg

Herr Scholz
10/10/2005, 04:24 PM
OK, maybe it's not an advantage. Maybe it's just fun. I guess it's moot with the black curtain anyway and since we're only playing there twice more, I guess it's doubly moot.

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 04:26 PM
You're right...it's pretty much moot. The only thing that will come of it is that it will just add to the Texas-is-just-a-bunch-of-whiney-babies mentality that Mack really kicked into high gear with his BCS pandering last year.

Herr Scholz
10/10/2005, 04:35 PM
Here's a quote from Keith Cash talking about the tunnel. I've read this from our players since then (about spitting and getting stuff poured on them) but don't have it at my fingertips.

Former Texas receiver Keith Cash, who caught the game-winning touchdown pass for UT in a 14-13 victory in 1990, said OU fans have been merciless when the Longh0rns emerge from the tunnel.

"They'll spit on you and call you everything in the book," Cash said. "Their fans do their best to try to intimidate you."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/100605dnspotexasouside.175926f7.html

mdklatt
10/10/2005, 04:36 PM
It is time to have the game in Norman.

Boo!

Herr Scholz
10/10/2005, 04:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, it doesn't affect the game. In fact, hostile environments get this Longh0rn team going for sure. It's just unfair we don't get to spit on your team every other year, that's all.

TopDawg
10/10/2005, 04:46 PM
You guys just continue smelling bad and we'll call it even.

aero
10/10/2005, 05:55 PM
Don't get me wrong, it doesn't affect the game. In fact, hostile environments get this Longh0rn team going for sure. It's just unfair we don't get to spit on your team every other year, that's all.
I agree. If it has happened I doubt it had much affect on the outcome of any of the games. By the way Herr, congrats on the win. I know we were a shell of what you are used to but I know that had to be sweet nonetheless. My guess is it was better than the Rose and tOSU. Those were great wins for you guys but a defeat this year to this team would have been crushing to say the least. Good luck the rest of the way.

OUstud
10/10/2005, 06:38 PM
Texas might not even show up if it's in Norman. It'd be like one big Cotton Bowl tunnel the whole time.

Yeah, do you think if the game's in Norman we'll agree to put up a faggity curtain? No. horn would get all sorts of stuff chucked at them the whole game, especially since our student section is behind the visitors bench.

GottaHavePride
10/10/2005, 08:05 PM
Switch sides? Why not just split the stadium along a north-south line? West side OU and East side Texas, or vice-versa. Except the way it's arranged now it has each team's fans sitting closer to the other team's school facing back towards thir home campus, which is kind of cool.

Scott D
10/10/2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah, do you think if the game's in Norman we'll agree to put up a faggity curtain? No. horn would get all sorts of stuff chucked at them the whole game, especially since our student section is behind the visitors bench.

You underestimate the dullness factor that is Joe C.

Soonerus
10/10/2005, 08:09 PM
last few years it has probably been UT fans throwing debri and cokes on UT players....

aero
10/10/2005, 08:55 PM
last few years it has probably been UT fans throwing debri and cokes on UT players....
:D

soonervegas
10/10/2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah...the curtains were the 1st nail in the coffin on this great rivarly. That is the absolute weakest thing I have ever seen surrounding college football, in my experience. Things are getting way to PC these days.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2005, 01:45 AM
Hey, let's get this game home and home ASAP. I have been to many OU-TX games, and lived in Dallas 8 years. I NEVER thought we were playing at a neutral site. Maybe Albuquerque, or Kansas City, but not Dallas.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 10:02 AM
I agree. If it has happened I doubt it had much affect on the outcome of any of the games. By the way Herr, congrats on the win. I know we were a shell of what you are used to but I know that had to be sweet nonetheless. My guess is it was better than the Rose and tOSU. Those were great wins for you guys but a defeat this year to this team would have been crushing to say the least. Good luck the rest of the way.
Gracias. Yes, this was way better than the Rose Bowl or Ohio St. games just because of the monkey on Mack's back. That might sound aggieish but it's true. However, if we don't go on to win the conference this year, the sweetness will fade quickly. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way too.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 10:04 AM
:D

TexasLidig8r
10/11/2005, 10:13 AM
Hey, let's get this game home and home ASAP. I have been to many OU-TX games, and lived in Dallas 8 years. I NEVER thought we were playing at a neutral site. Maybe Albuquerque, or Kansas City, but not Dallas.
Care to illuminate us with your reasoning here Einstein?

Keep in mind that the State of Texas is not like Oklahoma. There are professional teams in every sport in Texas, there are sports of importance other than Texas football and the campus is 200 miles away from Dallas.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 10:17 AM
The game's absolutely neutral on the field. Outside the stadium it's not but that's a different issue than the game itself.

soonervegas
10/11/2005, 10:25 AM
Herr or Texas....at least admit to the gayness that was the curtains. It was weak.......

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 10:30 AM
Herr or Texas....at least admit to the gayness that was the curtains. It was weak.......
It was definitely gay. You'll get no argument from me on that one. Maybe it was Deloss Dodds just being a jerk since Joe C completely ignored him on his request for the home team to have the South side.

Stanley1
10/11/2005, 10:38 AM
It was definitely gay. You'll get no argument from me on that one. Maybe it was Deloss Dodds just being a jerk since Joe C completely ignored him on his request for the home team to have the South side.

He didn't ignore him, he told him no. :D

Brons2
10/11/2005, 11:12 AM

I didn't have any problems with things thrown at me when I ran down the tunnel. There was tons of verbal abuse but if you can't handle that, you're proably playing the wrong sport.

Brons2
10/11/2005, 11:13 AM

That seems reasonable.

1stTimeCaller
10/11/2005, 11:13 AM
to me this topic= underage fraternity kids complaining about the new policy of no alcohol in fraternity houses.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 11:15 AM
He didn't ignore him, he told him no. :D
Sounds to me like Joe C just stalled and ignored him. And then the tunnel cover and extra police just so happened...

But after UT waited for a response from Oklahoma so the new seating information could be forwarded to the ticket printer, OU officials balked, according to UT officials... Castiglione could not be reached for comment.

Castiglione has said in the past that major changes regarding football must be approved by OU president David Boren and the Oklahoma board of regents.

At the request of Texas officials, McKoy said a fully covered area will be extended 15 additional feet into the stadium Saturday, further shielding players from fans.

McKoy also said more police officers will be stationed in front of fans closest to the tunnel entrance.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/100605dnspotexasouside.175926f7.html

Ardmore_Sooner
10/11/2005, 11:41 AM
The game's absolutely neutral on the field. Outside the stadium it's not but that's a different issue than the game itself.

The refs are always neutral too, right Herr ;)

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 11:45 AM
The refs are always neutral too, right Herr ;)
You guys always just mention the calls that go against you. Like last year, you only mention the non-interception call. You never mention the bogus call near the pylon that went your way. And this year, you only mention the PI call that went against you and not all the calls (including a bogus PI call) that went your way. Your fans have done this throughout the history of this rivalry and now you all have a deluded opinion that ALL the calls go against you. It's simply not true.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/11/2005, 11:46 AM
1984, that's all I'm going to say.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/11/2005, 11:46 AM
O and that bogus PI call is aka a make up call that really made up nothing.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 11:53 AM
You really think your team would've won without that PI call? Moreover, you really think there's an anti-OU conspiracy among league officials and referees in that game?

1stTimeCaller
10/11/2005, 11:54 AM
You guys always just mention the calls that go against you. Like last year, you only mention the non-interception call. You never mention the bogus call near the pylon that went your way. And this year, you only mention the PI call that went against you and not all the calls (including a bogus PI call) that went your way. Your fans have done this throughout the history of this rivalry and now you all have a deluded opinion that ALL the calls go against you. It's simply not true.

It's part of the game, sometimes the blown calls go your way, sometimes they go the other way. There is no reason I nor any other Sooner fan would remember the calls that go your way and vice versa.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/11/2005, 11:55 AM
No I never said we would have won, it wouldn't have made a difference. It just always seems this happens. What about the INT last year by you guys. The year Chris Simms throws a pick and then gets killed. Is that not a block. I'm not saying that it would have made a difference on Saturday but it always seems there are always some screwball calls at least once a game.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 11:58 AM
I could come up with just as many that went your way. You're proving my point, Ardmore. You're only looking at from your side.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/11/2005, 12:10 PM
No I realize that Saturday the officiating was terrible both ways. We would of lost either way. I'm just saying that calls don't go our way 70% of the time, and if you can't notice it somethings wrong.

FaninAma
10/11/2005, 12:42 PM
I could come up with just as many that went your way. You're proving my point, Ardmore. You're only looking at from your side.You've thrown it out so let's go ahead and see your list of bad calls that went against Texas last Saturday.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 12:48 PM
The PI makeup call against us was obviously that. The 30 yards in penalties on that one play was a bit onesided. But in general, OU had 6 penalties for 50 yards while UT had 12 penalties for 112 yards. Good thing we had the refs on our payroll. :rolleyes:

Stanley1
10/11/2005, 12:50 PM
Puh-lease.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 12:53 PM
Puh-lease.
What part of us getting penalized 62 more yards than you is misleading?

Stanley1
10/11/2005, 01:00 PM
What part of us getting penalized 62 more yards than you is misleading?

Because you had a few more personal fouls, which really aren't debatable. Also, most of them came after the game was decided.

The thing that bugged me the most was that on the two big penalties on OU (the PI call and I'm drawing a blank on the other) the flags were thrown VERY late.

Now I'm not a big conspiracy theorist kinda guy, but when that happens, it STINKS of having an agenda, and waiting to see how a play plays out before calling a penalty.

Rhino
10/11/2005, 01:01 PM
The 30 yards in penalties on that one play was a bit onesided. But in general, OU had 6 penalties for 50 yards while UT had 12 penalties for 112 yards. Good thing we had the refs on our payroll. :rolleyes: When four of your fellas commit personal fouls, there's bound to be a 60+ yards difference in penalties.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 01:06 PM
Now I'm not a big conspiracy theorist kinda guy, but when that happens, it STINKS of having an agenda, and waiting to see how a play plays out before calling a penalty.
Or just a slow ref. If you claim there's an agenda, you're going to need more evidence than a couple of slow flags. You can't derive a conspiracy from 1 or 2 calls. That's statistically insignificant.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 01:07 PM
When four of your fellas commit personal fouls, there's bound to be a 60+ yards difference in penalties.
It takes two to tango. The game was getting chippy at the end from both sides.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/11/2005, 01:39 PM
One time Rufus got his helmet ripped off, and there was an offsetting personal foul call. Give me a break.

TopDawg
10/11/2005, 01:40 PM
Uhm, Herr...they weren't dancing. It only takes one to shove a guy or to flip off a ref.

Stanley1
10/11/2005, 01:42 PM
It takes two to tango. The game was getting chippy at the end from both sides.

Because the ut players were a$$es. One ut player shoved Gut to the ground after a play. That got a flag. You really gonna argue those 15 yards?

Stanley1
10/11/2005, 01:43 PM
Or just a slow ref. If you claim there's an agenda, you're going to need more evidence than a couple of slow flags. You can't derive a conspiracy from 1 or 2 calls. That's statistically insignificant.

Game was over by halftime, no need to "keep it up" the entire time.

And like I said, I'm not necessarily saying there was an agenda. But that doesn't mean the ref's were fair and/or consistent.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 01:44 PM
I'm sure the Sooner players were choir boys.

TopDawg
10/11/2005, 01:45 PM
Those Texas players were acting like they'd never beaten OU before.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2005, 01:47 PM
And like I said, I'm not necessarily saying there was an agenda. But that doesn't mean the ref's were fair and/or consistent.
Look, the PI call that went against you guys was bogus. Nobody's denying that. My argument is against those Sooner fans that claim we get all the calls in this rivalry every year and that we have some kind of de facto home field advantage because it's in Dallas or the Big XII officials or refs are secretly conspiring to cheat OU. Calls go both ways.

NormanPride
10/11/2005, 02:04 PM
This thread sucks.

sooneron
10/11/2005, 08:05 PM
Those Texas players were acting like they'd never beaten OU before.

Post du Week ( or whatever the French word is!)

FaninAma
10/11/2005, 08:10 PM
Maybe the curtains were put up to keep us from having to watch mack feel up Vince Young's *** before the game.

SeattleOUstudent
9/28/2006, 02:15 PM
Be sure to bring your flamables for the big black curtain show in pregame.:D

FaninAma
9/28/2006, 02:35 PM
I'm pretty proud of the fact that I had the thread killing post last year.

I still think that Texas, by demanding the curtain, was in essence saying "We know we're bizsnatcho wussies but we don't care. Protect us from those mean Sooner fans. "

Rhino
9/28/2006, 02:37 PM
That curtain is still one of the most gaytastic things I've ever seen.

SeattleOUstudent
9/28/2006, 02:40 PM
We must put out the word to tear that crap down...maybe just bring something to clip the guide wires?

n8v_ndn
9/28/2006, 02:41 PM
If the curtains idea was rejected, Texas was ready to go to Plan B:

http://www.whoisdan.com/halloween/images/2.jpg

Taxman71
9/28/2006, 02:45 PM
That thingn looks like Mack's lip.

Fraggle145
9/28/2006, 03:25 PM
If the curtains idea was rejected, Texas was ready to go to Plan B:

http://www.whoisdan.com/halloween/images/2.jpg

Nice Shower LaRusso. -Miyagi

birddog
9/28/2006, 04:22 PM
why did fraggle stop lettin' her rip?:confused:

Fraggle145
9/28/2006, 04:37 PM
why did fraggle stop lettin' her rip?:confused:

Been letting em rip for a while... stinks in here now. dont even start that...

TopDawg
9/28/2006, 05:25 PM
That curtain is still one of the most gaytastic things I've ever seen.

Where do UT's band unis rank in comparison?

mrowl
9/28/2006, 05:27 PM
Where do UT's band unis rank in comparison?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/theroc/bikerfox.jpg

TopDawg
9/28/2006, 10:14 PM
Where are those curtains when you need 'em?

PrideTuba
9/28/2006, 10:17 PM
If we are on the topic of curtains and the texass players getting coke and stuff thrown on them. I watched the texas players come out of that tunnel when I was in Pride, and aside from a little yelling, nothing was thrown on them. Secondly, if we are to protect the players with curtains, they should stick a curtain around the entire texass half of the field. In 03 I had among other things, an empty glass jack daniels bottle thrown at me. I think the texass players just need to man up and take it.

Jimminy Crimson
9/29/2006, 03:09 AM
Hell, lets switch sides every other year.

Its still ghey that the only jumbotron is in the OU end :rolleyes:

william_brasky
9/29/2006, 04:08 AM
I wouldn't oppose the installation of meat curtains this year.

Heyy-ohhhhh!!!!!!