PDA

View Full Version : Any OL jucos out there?

sooneron
10/10/2005, 09:42 AM
I was just curious if there were any jucos that were available next year that could make an impact in 06?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/10/2005, 01:08 PM
i'm sure there are 10-12 that could come in and play, but our coaches don't offer them until november or december. thus our very low hit rate on them...

sooneron
10/10/2005, 01:12 PM
Why the late offers?

sooneron
10/10/2005, 01:14 PM
I would be happy with 2-3 that can contribute next year.
Does anone think that the coaches offering late will continue, or will they pick it up some?

Scott D
10/10/2005, 05:46 PM
Why the late offers?

part of it is probably to try and not scare off the high schoolers they want to go after.....Right now I'm finding that OT from Dallas-Carter to be intriguing...although I don't think we're going to get him...however attrition is going to make it a bit more of a necessary focus in the future.

jreed13
10/13/2005, 04:23 PM
part of it is probably to try and not scare off the high schoolers they want to go after.....Right now I'm finding that OT from Dallas-Carter to be intriguing...although I don't think we're going to get him...however attrition is going to make it a bit more of a necessary focus in the future.

Bailey? OU, ND, Nebraska, and Miami are the schools hes the most interested in and OU and Nebraska are the only ones to offer him so far. Pluss we got Wyatt recruiting him :D :D :D

Scott D
10/13/2005, 04:58 PM
Bailey? OU, ND, Nebraska, and Miami are the schools hes the most interested in and OU and Nebraska are the only ones to offer him so far. Pluss we got Wyatt recruiting him :D :D :D

if we have an advantage at all with Bailey it 'might' be the fact that suppossedly the coaches will let him play either guard or tackle...pretty much everyone else is recruiting him purely as a tackle...I think Miami and/or ND have the inside track on him..so an OU signing would be a pleasant surprize in my view.

sooner13f
10/13/2005, 09:45 PM
if we have an advantage at all with Bailey it 'might' be the fact that suppossedly the coaches will let him play either guard or tackle...pretty much everyone else is recruiting him purely as a tackle...I think Miami and/or ND have the inside track on him..so an OU signing would be a pleasant surprize in my view.
Yep I think Miami has this kid, but who knows. He was big on USC but changed his mind or had it changed for him.
The Giant tackle out of Houston is looking at OU. GOD we need some help up front. Nebraska and Ohio State need to give us a break and let of have some of their big boys.

jreed13
10/13/2005, 09:49 PM
Chris Stewart is a good friend of my best friends and from what I hear he is a solid ND lock (LSU is second). Ive been trying to sell him on the whole ND doesnt like black people but it hasnt been working :-/

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/CHRISSTEWART2_23150.JPG

Chris Stewart
Offensive guard
Klein (TX)

Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 340 pounds
40-yard dash: 5.4 seconds
Bench max: 390 pounds
Bench reps: 27
Vertical leap: 26 inches
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=24903

sooner13f
10/13/2005, 10:05 PM
Isnt there another Offensive lineman coming out of Klein? Ive been is Texas for 11 years where is Klein?

jreed13
10/14/2005, 12:30 AM
Isnt there another Offensive lineman coming out of Klein? Ive been is Texas for 11 years where is Klein?

Matt goes to KC with goodson and he's rated pretty high (4star). Hes a solid LSU lock though. Klein isnt actually a city, its a school district in Spring, Tx. It consists of 4 high schools (Klein, Klein Collins, Klein Oak, and Klein Forest). In case you dont know where spring is, its northwest houston.

NickZeppelin
10/14/2005, 03:57 PM
How many JUCOs has Stoops gotten that have been really good at the OL? Matt O'Neal was really good. Stockar wasn't a Stoops recruit. Brad Davis was a decent JUCO but tore his knee. Who else has been any good?

Harry Beanbag
10/14/2005, 04:31 PM
Matt O'Neal was a Blake recruit.

Salt City Sooner
10/14/2005, 05:15 PM
I may be a bit biased since he was from up here, but IMO, the best JUCO OL under Stoops was Howard Duncan.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/14/2005, 05:30 PM
I may be a bit biased since he was from up here, but IMO, the best JUCO OL under Stoops was Howard Duncan.

we've had 4 and he was the only one that made it to the first game

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/14/2005, 05:33 PM
How many JUCOs has Stoops gotten that have been really good at the OL? Matt O'Neal was really good. Stockar wasn't a Stoops recruit. Brad Davis was a decent JUCO but tore his knee. Who else has been any good?

i'm not sure what you are asking here. as i stated to scs, we've had 1 out of 4 make it to the first game. however, our %'s are much much worse at positions such as corner where we are 3 out of 14.

jreed13
10/14/2005, 05:37 PM
i'm not sure what you are asking here. as i stated to scs, we've had 1 out of 4 make it to the first game. however, our %'s are much much worse at positions such as corner where we are 3 out of 14.

Do we HAVE to count chijioke ? ;) I can not describe in words how excited I was when we got him. I was sure that our secondary troubles were gone. 6'2" and runs a 4.3.......

NickZeppelin
10/14/2005, 05:50 PM
I'm just saying I'm not sure a JUCO OLinemen helps more then just getting depth there would.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/14/2005, 05:55 PM
I'm just saying I'm not sure a JUCO OLinemen helps more then just getting depth there would.

so are you saying that getting an 18 year old is the same as getting a 20/21 year old?

NickZeppelin
10/14/2005, 07:19 PM
It depends on who it is. Are you talking about Brandon Keith or Duke Robinson?

I would like to see guys that stay here instead of trying to get JUCOs that really never show up. I don't care how old they are.

Scott D
10/14/2005, 08:24 PM
Have no fear good people, that whooshing sound you here is the point once again flying well above Nick's head.

sooner13f
10/17/2005, 08:18 PM
Rivals has one of the top 50 Jucos, high on Oklahoma. OL up in Kansas, 300lbs, 6-6 something like that. Sorry I cant recall his name.

jreed13
10/17/2005, 08:20 PM
Yeah we just offered a three star juco olineman