PDA

View Full Version : OK, for season record now I am predicting...

Soonerus
10/9/2005, 03:10 PM
9-3 with a bowl victory in a decent bowl...Stoops is still a great coach, we still have great players and I do not see anybody else beating us...not crappy Nebraska, not gimicky T.Tech, not anybody...you "Chicken Little's" can start making reservations in Shreveport...not me....

mrowl
10/9/2005, 03:12 PM
if we go 9-3, Bob should get another raise... honestly. That would be F'ing amazing, auto-entry into the HOF type amazing...

SOONER44EVER
10/9/2005, 03:13 PM
I'm saying 8-4 or 7-5 depending on who we play in a bowl game.

SOONER44EVER
10/9/2005, 03:14 PM
if we go 9-3, Bob should get another raise... honestly. That would be F'ing amazing, auto-entry into the HOF type amazing...
Another raise??? For losing to TCU and getting beat worse by Texas than any other OU coach ever? I don't think so.

mrowl
10/9/2005, 03:17 PM
Another raise??? For losing to TCU and getting beat worse by Texas than any other OU coach ever? I don't think so.

:rolleyes:

PrideTrombone
10/9/2005, 03:19 PM
6-5, probably Houston or Shreveport. This team is so inconsistent we're gonna drop a couple more games, whether expected or not.

SOONER44EVER
10/9/2005, 03:20 PM
:rolleyes:
Didn't we start the season ranked #7?

PrideTrombone
10/9/2005, 03:21 PM
And SOONER44EVER is right. At this point, even if Bob figures things out this season, he's just fixing his own mistakes.

SOONER44EVER
10/9/2005, 03:22 PM
And SOONER44EVER is right. At this point, even if Bob figures things out this season, he's just fixing his own mistakes.
Exactly!!

mrowl
10/9/2005, 03:24 PM
People still can't accept that the team is not that good this year...

SOONER44EVER
10/9/2005, 03:28 PM
Oh now I get it. Stoops deserves a raise because the team isn't as good. :rolleyes:

OKC-SLC
10/9/2005, 03:29 PM
heh.

PrideTrombone
10/9/2005, 03:30 PM

No, the team isn't as good. But I'm choosing to blame it on our recruiting philosophy and lack of player development, which is on the coaches.

OUWxGuesser
10/9/2005, 03:36 PM
Here's how I see it:
TCU - L
Tulsa - W
UCLA - L
Kstate - W
Texas - L
--------------
Kansas - W (they did lose to Kstate...)
Baylor - W/L (how good is Baylor?)
Nerbaska - L (don't think we'll pull it off at lincoln)
TAMU - W (they suck... but how much?)
Tx Tech - L (Offense won't be able to keep up)
Ostate - W (they really really suck)

So... either 5-6 or 6-5

Aaron

mrowl
10/9/2005, 03:45 PM
heh.

see, OKC gets it...

SOONER44EVER
10/9/2005, 03:48 PM
see, OKC gets it...
I think he was laughing at you post.

mrowl
10/9/2005, 03:54 PM
I think he was laughing at you post.

people really don't get it...

SOONER44EVER
10/9/2005, 03:56 PM
people really don't get it...
Then explain it to us. Are you saying Stoops should get a raise for having a team that wasn't as good as he or anyone else said it was going to be?

sanantoniosooner
10/9/2005, 03:59 PM
I'm predicting a sense of humor will return once we get above .500

mrowl
10/9/2005, 04:07 PM

I hope so.

SOONER44EVER
10/9/2005, 04:08 PM
IF we get above .500. There are no gimmes this year.

OKC-SLC
10/9/2005, 04:11 PM
no, i got it. spek for mrowl.

you can take my sooner football, you can take my teams' mojo, but you can never take my sense of humor dammit.

sanantoniosooner
10/9/2005, 04:11 PM
proved my point

thanks

The_Red_Patriot
10/9/2005, 04:35 PM
If chuck long grows some balls, then maybe 8-4, if not, 6-5

birddog
10/9/2005, 04:39 PM
Oh now I get it. Stoops deserves a raise because the team isn't as good. :rolleyes:
Basically every post I've seen from you lately is something negative about Stoops. What do you think he should do? Honestly. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers because, yes, it is obvious that we suck. It also is obvious that we are very young too. What do we need to do to improve?

Take a look at Florida St., Florida, Miami, Ohio St., A&M among many others. Sometimes teams go through bad stretches.

SOONER44EVER
10/9/2005, 04:44 PM
Basically every post I've seen from you lately is something negative about Stoops. What do you think he should do? Honestly. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers because, yes, it is obvious that we suck. It also is obvious that we are very young too. What do we need to do to improve?

Take a look at Florida St., Florida, Miami, Ohio St., A&M among many others. Sometimes teams go through bad stretches.
I don't know what we should do. If I did I'd be making the 2.5 mil. per year. What I do know is that this team isn't very good. I've seen people bashing Thompson, Bomar, Long, Venables and lots of other players and coaches. Stoops gets all the credit when we win but every time someone on this board says the slightest negative thing about him after a loss lots of people get upset. He is the guy in charge making the big $$. Why is it so wrong to criticize Stoops?

sanantoniosooner
10/9/2005, 04:48 PM
The buck stops with Stoops.

But taking the current issue and making it all about his legacy is stupid IMO.

That's a tangent that really has no bearing on fixing the problem.

birddog
10/9/2005, 04:49 PM
I don't know what we should do. If I did I'd be making the 2.5 mil. per year. What I do know is that this team isn't very good. I've seen people bashing Thompson, Bomar, Long, Venables and lots of other players and coaches. Stoops gets all the credit when we win but every time someone on this board says the slightest negative thing about him after a loss lots of people get upset. He is the guy in charge making the big $$. Why is it so wrong to criticize Stoops?
I have no problem AT ALL with you criticizing Stoops, just thought you may have some answers as to what he should do.

Blues1
10/9/2005, 04:49 PM
Right Now Looks Like a 6-5 Season to me - And Hopefully Minor Bowl Victory gives us a 7 - 5 Season Record,

Even though the players need that extra practice time before a Bowl Game - Those 6 and 6 Seasons after a Bowl game are almost a Bowl Joke - I'd almost rather go 6 and 5 without a Bowl Game than to be 6 and 6 after one.

Everything and Anything above 7 and 5 would be Great for this Sooner fan -

For me a 8 and 4 season would be a very pleasant Surprise - A 9-3 Season would Shock me at this point - But Would *Jump for Joy* at that result - IMHO - for this team to go 8 and 4 or better yet - "9 and 3" we are gonna need whole lot of SOONER MAGIC - and a allot of Ref's on our Side....!

A loss to Tech or Nebraska could be swallowed even though it would hurt bad - but a loss to Baylor - A&m or osu sucks would be like having sand thrown in your face after somebody already knocked the crap out of you....

Hopefully we won't have to face that kind of season - and all this is based on the reasoning we won't be here next week talking about a loss to KU - Cause If that happens I see a whole of Rebellion from the fans - But who knows maybe that would be enough to change things for the Better --

Sorry to say but - without AD nothing is in the bag for the rest of the Season...That makes Every Game a "Must Win" from here on out....and that's allot of pressure on these guy's - It's time we get Rockin' - Bomar and the team need to step up now - To be Winners or Loser's the choice is at Hand....What's it going to Be...???

Just Keep Rockin'

SOONER44EVER
10/9/2005, 04:52 PM
Excellent post Blues.

jacru
10/9/2005, 05:10 PM
You're right Blues, 7-5 and a bowl victory is the minimum acceptable for this year. And that just for a D+ grade.

Soonerus
10/9/2005, 05:17 PM
9-3, the combined record of the teams that have beaten us is 15-1...should be 16-0...

wishbonesooner
10/9/2005, 05:19 PM
9-3

OU-HSV
10/9/2005, 05:20 PM
6-5, probably Houston or Shreveport. This team is so inconsistent we're gonna drop a couple more games, whether expected or not.
my thoughts exactly

Soonerus
10/9/2005, 05:23 PM
Time will tell...I actually see the beginnings of some real positive for this team....

OU-HSV
10/9/2005, 05:27 PM
Time will tell...I actually see the beginnings of some real positive for this team....
:confused: What things have you seen that are real positive. (I'm not trying to sound like an ***...just curious)

Soonerus
10/9/2005, 05:31 PM
I think Bomar shows signs of greatness, we clearly can stop the run against anybody, Joe Don looks good, Reggie Smith has made some great plays (and some bad ones but I think the bad will be eliminayed with experience which he is getting), kicking game is solid, we seem to be getting control of dumb turnovers...to name a few...

Soonerus
10/9/2005, 05:32 PM
Also, it appears schedule will be weaker from here on in...

OU-HSV
10/9/2005, 05:36 PM
I think Bomar shows signs of greatness, we clearly can stop the run against anybody, Joe Don looks good, Reggie Smith has made some great plays (and some bad ones but I think the bad will be eliminayed with experience which he is getting), kicking game is solid, we seem to be getting control of dumb turnovers...to name a few...
It's just too bad it can't all happen right now..IMO it obviously looks as if it's gonna be a harsh rest of the season and we'll need to improve a lot next offseason. But as others have said, offensively we just play inconsistently and struggle to move the ball consistently. But I agree about Rhett having sparks here and there and Joe Jon has shown his ability to play..and so on.

Soonerus
10/9/2005, 05:40 PM
I think they will get their this season...it is amazing the confidence young players can gain against weaker teams...

olevetonahill
10/9/2005, 05:40 PM
9-3 with a bowl victory in a decent bowl...Stoops is still a great coach, we still have great players and I do not see anybody else beating us...not crappy Nebraska, not gimicky T.Tech, not anybody...you "Chicken Little's" can start making reservations in Shreveport...not me....
I concur :cool:
this season is far from over

Brons2
10/9/2005, 05:43 PM
Kansas - win, this will be like an OU home game.
Baylor - win, this is Baylor after all.
UNL - Loss, it's in Lincoln. Unless, they give you some int's.
TAMU - Win, it's in Norman so I think they'll pull it out.
Tx Tech - Loss. Reck em tech em will be at worst 10-1 this year.
Ostate - Win. They suck way worse.

Guess that makes 6-5, and a date with a bowl game named after garden implements. I think y'all will have improved on offense by then, and will win this bowl game.

GottaHavePride
10/9/2005, 05:46 PM
Incorrect. Saturday was 45-12, a 33 point loss, tying Texas' biggest margin of victory against us ever - a 1941 loss 40-7 by head coach Dewey Luster. Bob's not alone on this one.

Soonerus
10/9/2005, 05:47 PM
foolish to blame Stoops...but it is natural for people to look for a scapegoat...

Soonerus
10/9/2005, 05:48 PM
Kansas - win, this will be like an OU home game.
Baylor - win, this is Baylor after all.
UNL - Loss, it's in Lincoln. Unless, they give you some int's.
TAMU - Win, it's in Norman so I think they'll pull it out.
Tx Tech - Loss. Reck em tech em will be at worst 10-1 this year.
Ostate - Win. They suck way worse.

Guess that makes 6-5, and a date with a bowl game named after garden
implements. I think y'all will have improved on offense by then, and will win this bowl game.
We clearly disagree but we shall see.......

GottaHavePride
10/9/2005, 05:50 PM
Oh, and I think 8-4 is reasonable (I don't think we can stop Tech's pass-happy attack this year), but it might be 7-5 depending on who we see in a bowl game. (Just like 1999.)

should we be looking into making someone else our recruiting coordinator, jkm?

UTsucks
10/9/2005, 06:35 PM
5-6 at best. No bowl mark it down>>>we suck!!!!!!

Dio
10/9/2005, 07:03 PM
We run the table. Everybody else on our schedule sucks. Book it.

Dio
10/9/2005, 07:03 PM
Who else wants some kool-aid?

OU James
10/9/2005, 07:12 PM
5-6 at best. No bowl mark it down>>>we suck!!!!!!w
What about the Blue-Grey Game? Screw the BCS.

tulsaoilerfan
10/9/2005, 07:29 PM
What he's saying is if they win out, then this would be Bob's best coaching job EVAR and he would deserve another raise; realistically, this team could win anywhere from 5-8 games, but if they won 9, it would be almost a miracle.

tulsaoilerfan
10/9/2005, 07:32 PM
foolish to blame Stoops...but it is natural for people to look for a scapegoat...
Foolish????? He gets the kudos when they win, so he needs to take the heat when they lose, as do all the coaches. Are you saying that the players take all the blame then?

NickZeppelin
10/9/2005, 07:42 PM
If we go 9-3 then Bob Stoops is the best coach ever in college football. This team has no chance of going undefeated. OU has a better chance of losing out then winning out.

jacru
10/9/2005, 07:48 PM

Foolish????? He gets the kudos when they win, so he needs to take the heat when they lose, as do all the coaches. Are you saying that the players take all the blame then?
You must spread some blame around before giving it to ___ again. :D
The coaches clearly need to prepare the players and call a good game but players must make the throws, catches, blocks, tackles, etc. when in a position to do so.

bigdsooner
10/9/2005, 08:08 PM
our d is good enough for us to win the rest of our games with the exception of tech, there is no way we can keep up with them on the score board unless we make HUGE improvements til then. improvement is my biggest concern, if we go 8-5 or 7-6 as long as we get exp for next year.

OKC-SLC
10/9/2005, 08:09 PM
IMO it obviously looks as if it's gonna be a harsh rest of the season and we'll need to overhaul the offensive coaching staff next offseason.
fixed.

OU-HSV
10/10/2005, 08:39 PM
fixed.
Thanks SLC..I knew I was missing something.

Soonerus
10/10/2005, 08:44 PM
Stoops predicted 9-3 today....

OUinFLA
10/10/2005, 08:51 PM
heh, you expected him to predict.........oh....6-5 ?

Soonerus
11/13/2005, 11:27 AM
OK, anybody changing their minds yet ?????

BillyBall
11/13/2005, 11:39 AM

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/8310/wenholee4th.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

tulsaOUfan
11/13/2005, 11:42 AM
9-3 looking very possible. tech is not the team they were before the texas game, they've lost all their heart. that would be great after a 2-3 start. good job of coaching I say

OU-HSV
11/13/2005, 11:50 AM
OK, anybody changing their minds yet ?????
Yes....I'll start, I'm impressed with our record as it stands now. Considering how the season started out..we look to be sitting as pretty as we could ask for at this point. Tech is beatable but we're going to have to find some more pass defense during practice this week. I think it was a fluke that the sheephumpers upset Tech yesterday. Even though we struggled against the :stunned: last year with a better team than we have right now...I feel strongly that we will beat the :stunned: no problem this year. But one thing some of us mentioned a few weeks back still stands true..we have continued to play inconsistently on both sides of the ball...BUT we have still managed to pull off some wins. Let's not forget how close we are to having another loss on our record (i.e. Baylor game) :eek: . I do want to get one thing straight though, and I'm speaking for myself and hopefully the others on here who predicted us to do a little worse than we have...I am, have always been and always will be proud to be a Soonerfan and I look for us to finish this regular season 8-3 now. Also I look forward to our bowl game whoever we may match up against.

SOONER_808/EyesofTexas
11/13/2005, 11:58 AM
They lose in Lubbock, and then win out.

josh09
11/13/2005, 12:28 PM

i like the way you think buddy:D

josh09
11/13/2005, 12:29 PM
They lose in Lubbock, and then win out.

not after what i saw from tech against the pokes

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/8/2006, 05:14 PM
What was OU's record again....no chance eh...about 1 bad call away from it...losing out...yeah pretty close...What was it you said in the other thread about this being Stoop's worst coaching effort yet here you say he will be best coach ever if he can accomplish the things he did ;)

If we go 9-3 then Bob Stoops is the best coach ever in college football. This team has no chance of going undefeated. OU has a better chance of losing out then winning out.

Soonerman08
1/8/2006, 05:22 PM
I say Stoops did a great job with being handed a Loss by the refs at Lubbock, to think we should have gone 9-3! Still chaps my ***!!! ): (

Soonerus
1/8/2006, 05:38 PM
On my personal ledger I am calling it 9-3 with a win in a decent bowl....

boomrsoonr
1/8/2006, 05:43 PM
It was funny, going back and reading all the posts on this thread.

Soonerus
1/8/2006, 05:46 PM
I agree, we were 2-3 at the time....

OUGreg723
1/8/2006, 06:00 PM
lol

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/8/2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah it was fun rereading the 4 or 5 win threads ;)

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2006, 06:43 PM
Make me proud to look back and know I didn't go chicken little like a bunch of people did.

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2006, 03:05 AM
You'll have a one loss season is my official Soonerfans prediction.