PDA

View Full Version : Petersen to stay through 2007!

GDC
10/5/2005, 02:48 PM
Great news :D (http://www.csifiles.com/news/190204_02.shtml)

TheLadiesMike
10/5/2005, 02:54 PM
LOL!

B1rd
10/5/2005, 02:55 PM
That is just plain STUPID!

RiddlerOK
10/5/2005, 02:58 PM
That is just plain WRONG!!!

springs sooner
10/5/2005, 02:58 PM
tease

AllAboutThe'O'
10/5/2005, 06:08 PM
For a second, I thought you were also implying the Nebraska athletic director.

OUGreg723
10/5/2005, 08:00 PM
Not tight!! LOL

RUF/NEK MAXX
10/5/2005, 08:11 PM
LOL!!! Unlike most people who got excited about this thread, I thought i was getting ready to read that AD was out for the season or something. but i still laughed out loud

Redshirt
10/5/2005, 09:34 PM
What about JULIAN Peterson, is he staying?

GDC
1/19/2006, 03:59 PM
Let's do this again.

royalfan5
1/19/2006, 04:14 PM
For a second, I thought you were also implying the Nebraska athletic director.
That's Pederson with a D.

Mjcpr
1/19/2006, 04:17 PM
That's Pederson with a D.

That must be why they call him the AD.

CobraKai
1/19/2006, 04:18 PM
Why do I always fall for these things?

TheGodfather889
1/19/2006, 04:18 PM
You suck. I got my hopes up lol.

NormanPride
1/19/2006, 04:40 PM
Those who spell were not fooled. ;)

IronSooner
1/19/2006, 05:02 PM
Those who spell were not fooled. ;)

Nope. I just wanted to post in another thread.

XingTheRubicon
1/19/2006, 06:48 PM
I loved To Live and Die in LA.

Setting up a camcorder to film hot chicks making bi-love because you're too busy printing money is a pretty good afternoon.

chriscappel
1/19/2006, 06:49 PM
I thought it was A.D. BASTAGES!!! hehe

soonerdave79
1/19/2006, 07:55 PM
I knew it all along. [Sniffs, sticks out chest, and tuggs on belt simultaneously]

Ardmore_Sooner
1/19/2006, 09:33 PM
My heart was just broken........... :(

olevetonahill
1/20/2006, 12:14 AM
I thought it was A.D. BASTAGES!!! hehe
:D They dont care if you can spell or have reading comprehension in the swabbies huh ;)

GDC
4/1/2006, 09:54 AM
4/1/06

oumartin
4/1/2006, 09:59 AM
arent you a funny little guy gdc,
no thanks on the game. I did post that hoping you would see it and feel an obligation :D

GDC
4/1/2006, 10:00 AM
arent you a funny little guy gdc,
no thanks on the game. I did post that hoping you would see it and feel an obligation :D

Well, I owe you one!:D

josh09
4/1/2006, 12:56 PM
ya, hes gonna win lots of awards in 2007 for sure

josh09
4/1/2006, 12:56 PM
lmao

GDC
4/6/2006, 07:46 AM
Told you.;)

Yes, I know it's been posted.

Peterson content at OU
By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
4/6/2006

Sooners' record-setting running back says NFL won't lure him away too early.
NORMAN -- So, you think the 2006 season will be Adrian Peterson's last at Oklahoma?

Not so fast.

The assumption is that Peterson, OU's record-setting running back, will bolt for pro football after his junior year. NFL teams love Peterson's uncommon blend of power and speed, so much so that he's already viewed as a top-five pick in the '07 draft.

But leaving school early, Peterson said Wednesday, might not be all that.

"All the guys that left early for the NFL, they always tell me, 'Man, stay as long as you can,' " Peterson said.

"Because you get to the next level, it's all business. Me, I could see myself being here for five years. I love being around all the guys and coaches and everything."

Since Peterson hasn't redshirted, his five-year plan would have to include one season lost to injury.

"I might be here five years like (Jason) White," he said.

But White was hurt three times and got a medical hardship to play six years.

Any chance of Peterson being a six-year guy?

"Mmm," he smiled, "five."

Another lure is that of a marquee opponent

in 2007, when OU starts a home-and-home series with Miami.

"I'd like to play Miami, too," Peterson said. "I'm looking forward to that."

Peterson and his teammates Wednesday completed their 10th of 15 spring practices. Some think Peterson has little room to improve, but this spring represents a significant period of growth for the player many consider college football's best running back.

"He's got a whole lot to work on," said running backs coach Cale Gundy. "Timing, footwork, understanding blocking schemes, going north and south and not wasting time going sideways . . . which he's made really good strides at. We've been really impressed."

Gundy said Peterson can improve his ball security. A handful of fumbles last season were critical.

"Ball security," Peterson said, "that's the No. 1 thing, to take care of the ball."

Coaches also want Peterson to become a better receiver, and new offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson has put Peterson at the end of several new screen passes.

Considering Peterson missed most of his first training camp because of a shoulder injury, missed all of last spring after shoulder surgery, and didn't practice a lot last season because of an ankle sprain, this is an important time for him.

"It's been a good spring," Peterson said.

"I've had time to get back in rhythm and everything and learn all the new things we've added to the system. It's really just to get better at different parts of my game . . . all the little things that make you a complete player."

Wilson called Peterson "a very special talent. But I go back to talent versus player. John Daly's a special talent. But is he as good a golfer as the other guys? To have talent is one thing, but it's how you play, how you play without the ball, how you practice. What makes the Michael Jordans and Tiger Woodses different than those other guys that are also pretty talented? That's something we've addressed with him. Because he is good. But how truly great does he want to be? How far does he want to go?

"We feel there's a significant amount of talent. But it's getting the talented guys to be good players."

As a freshman, Peterson ran for 1,925 yards -- a school record and an NCAA record for freshmen -- and 15 touchdowns, was consensus first-team All-American and became the first freshman to finish runner-up for the Heisman Trophy.

As a sophomore, despite the ankle sprain that sidelined him almost four games, he gained 1,108 yards and scored 14 TDs. Peterson said the injury also included a sprain of the Achilles' tendon, which didn't get healthy until January.

Still, he averaged 156.5 yards and two touchdowns in four games after returning.

Peterson's career rushing total of 3,033 yards ranks eighth in school history and is just 1,085 yards short of Billy Sims' OU record of 4,118.

If he doesn't break that record this season -- the Sooners' offensive line is a complete rebuilding project, and the rest of the offense is primarily sophomores -- will Peterson be back for his senior year?

"I hope so," Gundy said. "He has goals. He has things he wants to accomplish in college. I think it's been proven that you don't have to go out as a junior, even though guys might have been the first, second or third pick. You can always come back and possibly have that the following year and continue to grow and mature (in college). We'll wait and see when that time comes. Right now his goals are to win games and help this team be successful."

Said Peterson: "I could see myself being here, you know what I'm saying? But like I said, I really ain't thinking about that.

"I'm just focusing on this season and making a run back to the Big 12 championship and hopefully a national championship."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John E. Hoover 581-8384
[email protected]

slickdawg
4/6/2006, 01:11 PM
Great news :D (http://www.csifiles.com/news/190204_02.shtml)

funny :D

GDC
6/23/2006, 01:44 PM
funny :D

Hopefully it really happens.:)