PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

HoserSooner
10/5/2005, 09:45 AM
Let's drop that effin puck now, shall we? :)

GDC
10/5/2005, 11:15 AM
http://www.alphaflight.net/character_galleries/puck1/puck_gallery19.jpg

GDC
10/5/2005, 11:16 AM
http://www.terrace.qld.edu.au/culture/msnd1998/puck.jpg

GDC
10/5/2005, 11:21 AM
http://members.aol.com/drewmaenza/cocpucks.gif

AllAboutThe'O'
10/5/2005, 06:40 PM
www.wolfgangpuck.com

Scott D
10/5/2005, 08:40 PM
yeah I'm liking the new rules

HoserSooner
10/5/2005, 10:40 PM
yeah I'm liking the new rules

Well the first shootout in NHL history blew. That's one hell of a lineup to face in Ottawa in a shootout.... :(

GrapevineSooner
10/6/2005, 01:34 AM
Meanwhile in Dallas, the Stars fall behind 3-0 not even five minutes into the game. Then they give up another one in the waning moments of the first period to earn the wrath of a sellout crowd at the AAC.

So how do they respond?

By scoring the next five goals of the game to win it.

Wow.

mrowl
10/6/2005, 06:06 AM
Opening night was AWESOME!!!

The Stars game felt like a playoff game, the crowd was into it, the production was great, then we fell behind 4-0... :mad: :mad: :mad: And booooed the hell out of turco.

But in the new NHL, a comeback is possible...

When Guerin tied the game up in the 3rd, the place went ape****. And Boucher had a shot go off a skate to win the game, it was Frickin great.

Last night I realized how much I missed Hockey, and how much Baseball sucks. I am so OUT on the MLB playoffs now.

Scott D
10/6/2005, 07:45 AM
Well the first shootout in NHL history blew. That's one hell of a lineup to face in Ottawa in a shootout.... :(

yeah that was a nice shootout....saw it live on OLN. Every Leaf fan HAD to know that Lindros was gonna shoot high though.....that guy will forever be haunted by 92 and Tommy Salo :D

Scott D
10/6/2005, 07:46 AM
We bitchsmacked the Blues 5-1..wasn't even close..not even when it was 2-1.

HoserSooner
10/6/2005, 07:50 AM
yeah that was a nice shootout....saw it live on OLN. Every Leaf fan HAD to know that Lindros was gonna shoot high though.....that guy will forever be haunted by 92 and Tommy Salo :D

Yeah, I didn't like our chaces with the lineup that Ottawa had, and with us having Sundin in the training room.

Lindros actually surprised me though. Scored his first goal, and was a monster physically, crashing & banging, and drew a crowd where ever he went. If he can stay healthy, the Leafs got a steal with him at $1.5 million.

mrowl
10/6/2005, 11:16 AM
in the highlights I saw of the blues-wings game, the Blues did not look good........

Scott D
10/6/2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I didn't like our chaces with the lineup that Ottawa had, and with us having Sundin in the training room.

Lindros actually surprised me though. Scored his first goal, and was a monster physically, crashing & banging, and drew a crowd where ever he went. If he can stay healthy, the Leafs got a steal with him at $1.5 million.

Lindros played some junior around here and wasn't all that popular at the high school he attended (big surprize eh?)....with him it's always a big *if* when it comes to staying healthy....like I said...he's probably a heavy concussion away from being in a wheelchair at best if not closer to a vegetative state. The new rules should help him...well that and Scott Stevens retiring ;)

Scott D
10/6/2005, 01:15 PM
in the highlights I saw of the blues-wings game, the Blues did not look good........

yeah being the only team in the central division that didn't do anything to improve yourself can do that....sure Brewer is younger than Pronger, but he's not a Norris candidate defenseman yet..and they had plenty of time to get servicable players since it was known that MacInnis was going to retire...I'm gonna miss him..he was really one of the great guys in the league.

HoserSooner
10/6/2005, 02:09 PM
Lindros played some junior around here and wasn't all that popular at the high school he attended (big surprize eh?)....with him it's always a big *if* when it comes to staying healthy....like I said...he's probably a heavy concussion away from being in a wheelchair at best if not closer to a vegetative state. The new rules should help him...well that and Scott Stevens retiring ;)

Same goes for Jason Allison and Eddie Belfour. If all three guys can stay healthy, the Leafs have a good shot at a playoff spot. Especially now with Sundin being gone 4-6 weeks with a fractured orbital bone. :mad:

It's same **** different day for the Leafs though. Last season it was a combination of Nolan, Mogilny, Roberts, Niewendyk and Belfour sharing time on the IR. Injuries always seem to hit the Leafs hard.

GrapevineSooner
10/6/2005, 02:12 PM
Marty Turco and Trevor Daley can't contain their glee over the return of hockey.

http://sportsblog.xtremeramblings.us/Daley_Hearts_Turco.jpg

HoserSooner
10/6/2005, 02:46 PM
Marty Turco and Trevor Daley can't contain their glee over the return of hockey.

http://sportsblog.xtremeramblings.us/Daley_Hearts_Turco.jpg

All of Canada shares their excitement. My Saturday is already shaping up to be a nice one with the RRS on in the afternoon, and then the Leafs vs. the Habs and the return of Coach's Corner.

Life is good.

Now if I just had a smoke..... :(

OklahomaTrombone
10/6/2005, 03:52 PM
I like how I'm getting a free week of NHL Center Ice.

Hoser....is TSN owned by ESPN?

Scott D
10/6/2005, 04:53 PM
All of Canada shares their excitement. My Saturday is already shaping up to be a nice one with the RRS on in the afternoon, and then the Leafs vs. the Habs and the return of Coach's Corner.

Life is good.

Now if I just had a smoke..... :(

http://debbyestratigacos.mu.nu/archives/Cherry%20sporting%20USA%20tie.jpg

Don Cherry says you don't need the smokes.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/6/2005, 05:08 PM
I'd like to know why Sidney Crosby, the supposed Greatest NHL Player of the 21st Century, was held without a goal in his first game?
And why the Great One couldn't win his head coaching debut with the Coyotes?
But, yes, great comeback by the Stars. :D
BTW, didn't get to see the OLN telecast last night, how was OLN in its regard to broadcasting the NHL? I've read where they're serious about making the NHL their signature sport, so I was curious as to how their production went in their first game.

Scott D
10/6/2005, 05:12 PM
let me put it this way...OLN's 'studio team'..

Bill Clement (main guy), Keith Jones and Neil Smith are the analysts.

I guess the good news is no more Gary Thorne butchering names...Al Morganti still sucks Flyer wang....he practically fellated Peter Forsberg during that interview....They cut live to the shootout in the Ottawa/Leafs game using the TSN broadcast for it, so they're willing to show more than ESPN was in that regard.

It has potential, but we'll see...as for Crosby, the Devils are still going to be tough to score on.....I don't think Gretz will be a good coach. The Kings still don't have a goaltender..and I don't see any team running away with their division.

Conclusion: I'm glad that FSD is going to be showing virtually every Detroit game this season so I can avoid OLN....and I don't see what Martha Burk's issue was with the 'gladiator' commercial.

OklahomaTrombone
10/6/2005, 05:28 PM
Because womyn are not objects.

they are old nasty lesbians.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/6/2005, 05:36 PM
let me put it this way...OLN's 'studio team'..

Bill Clement (main guy), Keith Jones and Neil Smith are the analysts.

I guess the good news is no more Gary Thorne butchering names...Al Morganti still sucks Flyer wang....he practically fellated Peter Forsberg during that interview....They cut live to the shootout in the Ottawa/Leafs game using the TSN broadcast for it, so they're willing to show more than ESPN was in that regard.

It has potential, but we'll see...as for Crosby, the Devils are still going to be tough to score on.....I don't think Gretz will be a good coach. The Kings still don't have a goaltender..and I don't see any team running away with their division.

Conclusion: I'm glad that FSD is going to be showing virtually every Detroit game this season so I can avoid OLN....and I don't see what Martha Burk's issue was with the 'gladiator' commercial.
I can't imagine Clement playing "traffic cop" on a three-man studio show. But hey, he was in a tent surrounded by mosquitoes and had the good fortune to lather himself with "OFF," so....
I'm guessing Morganti is the sideline, or rinkside reporter. Well, better than some female "eye candy" who is there just for her looks rather than her hockey knowledge. I've always liked Morganti.
I also saw where Barry Melrose is apparently staying with ESPN. He's going to do weekly reports on ESPNews and probably some SportsCenter segments.

Scott D
10/6/2005, 05:49 PM
yeah ESPN still has Melrose, and Hradek.

Morganti isn't really all that good, he's not much different than Al Strachan. Morganti is sorta like Ivan Maisel...but with the Flyers instead of the SEC. He like a great deal of hockey 'journalists' are glorified tabloid reporters with marginal knowledge of the sport....the good ones are a rare find, and should be treasured....it's funny though how far off the mark with rumors Morganti, Strachan, and Johnson up in Ottawa are...it's hilarious.

HoserSooner
10/6/2005, 09:20 PM
I like how I'm getting a free week of NHL Center Ice.

Hoser....is TSN owned by ESPN?

Yeah, ESPN bought TSN a couple of years back. Don't really notice any difference, except that instead of being called SportsDesk, it's now called SportsCentre. Wish they'd pick up some NCAA games or something....Canadian Univeristy ball isn't that exciting.

OklahomaTrombone
10/6/2005, 09:32 PM
Thats what I thought, I was watching the Coyotes-Canucks game and noticed it was like "and now its time for sportscentre in game"

HoserSooner
10/6/2005, 09:34 PM
Yeah, that was the second half of their doubleheader last night after the Leafs-Senators game.

Bertuzzi back on the ice and Gretzky's first game as coach was a good draw for them.

Scott D
10/7/2005, 12:30 PM
I hate Bertuzzi..that is all ;)

OUthunder
10/7/2005, 12:56 PM
I almost fell out of my chair due to laughter when the local TV station showed the teethless men and the fat chicks who are Wild fans. Makes me want to go to a game just to people watch.

Some of those people must have mortgaged there trailors for seasons tickets. :D

GrapevineSooner
10/8/2005, 09:47 PM
Dear refs in tonight's Colorado-Dallas game,

Thanks for screwing us over, A-Holes!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

You didn't, by chance, also officiate today's OU-Texas game, did you?

Scott D
10/8/2005, 09:50 PM
Grapes was stylin' in his suit tonight......you guys don't know what you're missing if you don't catch a Leafs game on CBC on Saturday night for the first intermission