PDA

View Full Version : Why in the heck would...

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 10:02 PM
...some kid at OU blow himself up close to the football stadium on Saturday...It still just boggles my mind......

CtheB
10/4/2005, 10:09 PM
...some kid at OU blow himself up close to the football stadium on Saturday...It still just boggles my mind......

I have no idea, but at some point this week DKR is going to claim vigilante justice. Maybe this kid had something to do with it? Maybe he was spying on the Texas offense....oh, what a secret it is!

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 10:11 PM
...the kid's Dad seems like a real genuine guy...I am confused...

Scotty
10/4/2005, 10:13 PM
channel 4 said that he had tried to purchase ammonium nitrate (stuff used at OKC bombing i believe).

Thats scary.

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 10:15 PM
channel 4 said that he had tried to purchase ammonium nitrate (stuff used at OKC bombing i believe).

Thats scary.
very scary...like bigger plans were in the making but frustrated by an astute salesman...

OklahomaTuba
10/4/2005, 10:20 PM
After losing to TCU, I had similar thoughts.

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 10:22 PM
After losing to TCU, I had similar thoughts.
probably shouldn't be but...funny....

Soonerpsycho
10/4/2005, 10:22 PM
Yikes! :eek:

http://www.newsok.com/video/1633639

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 10:26 PM
Yikes! :eek:

http://www.newsok.com/video/1633639

GGGEEEZZZZZ, he looks a little like Abraham Lincoln/McVey

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 10:37 PM
Why in the heck would he be trying to buy large quantaties of a. nitrates ??? really have trouble with this.....

okienole3
10/4/2005, 10:37 PM
I have been sayin that there is more to this story than they are letting on. It just doesn't make sense that somebody blows themself up and has so many explosives unless they plan on taking people with them. That area of town came immediately to mind as soon as it happened. On Sunday morning I drove down there to see if there was any action at the mosque and found the street over blocked off. Stay tuned, I have a feeling that more is coming.

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 10:39 PM
He lived close to the Duck Pond if he was looking for a secluded area....

HoustonStephen
10/4/2005, 10:46 PM
I don't know if he was planning on killing anyone else (maybe he was, but then thought better of it), but I think he did it at that location for the attention.

If you are going to commit suicide, do you want to do it in privacy or go out in a blaze of glory? If he was a lonely, disturbed guy, which do you think he would chose?

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 10:47 PM
What difference does it make if you commit suicide ?????

soonerjace
10/4/2005, 10:50 PM
http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/
Interesting site on the subject.

HoustonStephen
10/4/2005, 10:51 PM
What difference does it make if you commit suicide ?????

I read somewhere that the majority of people who attempt suicide are mainly looking for attention. Obviously, strapping a bomb to you is a tad overkill for a suicide attempt.

Still just a scary thought on what that guy could have done.

OklahomaTuba
10/4/2005, 10:55 PM
http://tapscottscopydesk.blogspot.com/2005/10/why-arent-we-being-told-more-facts.html

picasso
10/4/2005, 10:56 PM
he could have just walked quietly to the intersection on Jenkins before the game if he wanted to do some damage.
next home game we'll see 2001 type rules and security.

soonerspiff
10/4/2005, 11:01 PM
Usually the people that are trying to attract attention are cry for help type people, and never actually kill themselves, instead they make public attempts at it. i.e. threatening to jump off a building, calling friends or family threatening taking their life... that type stuff. Not blowing themselves up.

KaiserSooner
10/4/2005, 11:02 PM
I don't know if he was planning on killing anyone else (maybe he was, but then thought better of it), but I think he did it at that location for the attention.

If you are going to commit suicide, do you want to do it in privacy or go out in a blaze of glory? If he was a lonely, disturbed guy, which do you think he would chose?Yeah, I think it's pretty much as simple as you state. At this point, the scariest thing around Soonerfans is the rampant paranoia (driving by a mosque???) and die-hard conspiracists desparate for a deeper plot to drool over.

Sometimes, odd and unusual happenings such as this are simpler and more straightforward than people want them to be.

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 11:04 PM
After living through the 95 bombing in OKC I remain very concerned about matters like this.....

jk the sooner fan
10/4/2005, 11:07 PM
Why in the heck would he be trying to buy large quantaties of a. nitrates ??? really have trouble with this.....

why are you troubled? he's dead.....whatever his motivation was, its gone,

no longer a threat, what difference does it make?

OKC-SLC
10/4/2005, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I think it's pretty much as simple as you state. At this point, the scariest thing around Soonerfans is the rampant paranoia (driving by a mosque???) and die-hard conspiracists desparate for a deeper plot to drool over.

Sometimes, odd and unusual happenings such as this are simpler and more straightforward than people want them to be.
I mean no disrespek, Kaiser, you know that.

However, post-9/11 I will ALWAYS be concerned that Islamic radicals are behind every bombing, every act of 'terror'. And here we find out that this punk kid, this depressed young misfit, attended the mosque a block from his apartment, and roomed with a young man from Pakistan.

Maybe I'm a bigot, but that raises a lot of red flags for me. And if Muslims want to get so uptight about propositions for profiling at airports or our assumptions after a suicide bomb, perhaps they should take more pride in their 'peaceful' religion and TRULY denounce the radicals who cause some of us to see red flags.

And F*ck Texas.

okienole3
10/4/2005, 11:12 PM

However, post-9/11 I will ALWAYS be concerned that Islamic radicals are behind every bombing, every act of 'terror'. And here we find out that this punk kid, this depressed young misfit, attended the mosque a block from his apartment, and roomed with a young man from Pakistan.

Maybe I'm a bigot, but that raises a lot of red flags for me. And if Muslims want to get so uptight about propositions for profiling at airports or our assumptions after a suicide bomb, perhaps they should take more pride in their 'peaceful' religion and TRULY denounce the radicals who cause some of us to see red flags.

And F*ck Texas.

Amen.

OU-HSV
10/4/2005, 11:20 PM
Well said OKC-SLC...including the F*ck Texas part.

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 11:20 PM
Sorry, going to South Oval during the game indicates a grander scheme to me...nothing else makes sense, of course other possibilities exist but at some point we have to be intellectually honest in our analysis....

Dio
10/4/2005, 11:22 PM
why are you troubled? he's dead.....whatever his motivation was, its gone,

no longer a threat, what difference does it make?

He's no longer a threat, but where's his roommate?

KaiserSooner
10/4/2005, 11:27 PM
And here we find out that this punk kid, this depressed young misfit, attended the mosque a block from his apartment, and roomed with a young man from Pakistan.No, we haven't found these things out. Channel 9 said, "sources tell us."

I'm sorry, as someone whose sister works for one of the local "news" stations, I don't believe a damn thing they throw out there on face value, especially a report as vague as the link above.

Until facts arise, Channel 9 is only trying really hard to create news, not report it.....and you all are buying it, hook, line, and sinker.

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 11:28 PM
He's no longer a threat, but where's his roommate?
or his commrades....

KaiserSooner
10/4/2005, 11:28 PM
but at some point we have to be intellectually honest in our analysis....
Exactly.

jk the sooner fan
10/4/2005, 11:30 PM
or his commrades....

after reading all your posts on this subject, i've come to the conclusion that you are one paranoid dude, and living in a greater sense of fear than you should

just my opinion....

TheLadiesMike
10/4/2005, 11:36 PM
I am starting to suspect something is up.

okienole3
10/4/2005, 11:37 PM
I think that if you don't have some suspicion, then you need to have your head examined. Looks like $hit, smells like $hit, it probably is ...........

OKC-SLC
10/4/2005, 11:39 PM
No, we haven't found these things out. Channel 9 said, "sources tell us."

I'm sorry, as someone whose sister works for one of the local "news" stations, I don't believe a damn thing they throw out there on face value, especially a report as vague as the link above.

Until facts arise, Channel 9 is only trying really hard to create news, not report it.....and you all are buying it, hook, line, and sinker.

I don't deny that Ch 9 tends toward the sensational side of things. And you're right, I shouldn't have used the words "and now we find...".

I don't disagree with you on principle, and this whole thing may pan out to be nothing more than what Boren says it is. However, why all the explosives? What's up with that beard (I have known zero people who've had a beard like that who aren't Muslims, and before you ask--I know a lot of Muslims; I'm in medicine). And what's up with trying to buy NH4NO3--is he sharecropping out back his dumpy azz apartment? Why is the FBI investigating a suicide--because it was a bomb? And I'm not the first person on this board to notice he lived near the mosque (maybe he went, maybe he didn't). I never had a Pakistani roommate at OU.

Lots of questions. I thank God that he's on our side, if this was what I fear it may have been. Everyone here was either at the game or knows about a hundred people that were.

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 11:40 PM
after reading all your posts on this subject, i've come to the conclusion that you are one paranoid dude, and living in a greater sense of fear than you should

just my opinion....
JK, in all due respect I don't think you and I have ever agreed on anything but I will say being in Downtown OKC in 95 may tend to push one to the paranoid side...I just wish you would be a little more objective on my posts rather than so anxious to "pile on" me on numerous occasions...your choice tho'...I can deal with it...

BajaOklahoma
10/4/2005, 11:41 PM
Usually the people that are trying to attract attention are cry for help type people, and never actually kill themselves, instead they make public attempts at it. i.e. threatening to jump off a building, calling friends or family threatening taking their life... that type stuff. Not blowing themselves up.

Not entirely true. Talk to professionals and they will tell you that anyone with a "cry for help" is at very high risk for going through with the suicide, and successfully too. Some of them have very elaborate plans that they have thought through for weeks, others go for simple plans. Some focus on not making a mess for others to clean up, others want the attention.
As for assploding himself instead of using another method - people attempting suicide utilize a method with which they feel comfortable. It seems like a strange choice to me, but I don't like guns or assplosives. Supposedly his sister said he was always interested in assplosives, so that might be why it is his choice.
A suicidal person is not rational.

jk the sooner fan
10/4/2005, 11:42 PM
JK, in all due respect I don't think you and I have ever agreed on anything but I will say being in Downtown OKC in 95 may tend to push one to the paranoid side...I just wish you would be a little more objective on my posts rather than so anxious to "pile on" me on numerous occasions...your choice tho'...I can deal with it...

do you think you're the only one around here affected by that day?

please.....

jk the sooner fan
10/4/2005, 11:44 PM
Not entirely true. Talk to professionals and they will tell you that anyone with a "cry for help" is at very high risk for going through with the suicide, and successfully too. Some of them have very elaborate plans that they have thought through for weeks, others go for simple plans. Some focus on not making a mess for others to clean up, others want the attention.
As for assploding himself instead of using another method - people attempting suicide utilize a method with which they feel comfortable. It seems like a strange choice to me, but I don't like guns or assplosives. Supposedly his sister said he was always interested in assplosives, so that might be why it is his choice.
A suicidal person is not rational.

good stuff, i wish i could find that "lethality scale".....its interesting reading....men are more aggressive by nature than women, and typically more violent in their attempts, or cries for help......often times the cry for help by a man ends up in death, where a woman ends up in the ER being referred to the psych ward

a suicidal person is not rational - statement of the day

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 11:47 PM
do you think you're the only one around here affected by that day?

please.....
please...I consider that a cheap shot...of course not...but I was there and affected and lost friends...

jk the sooner fan
10/4/2005, 11:49 PM
it wasnt meant as a cheap shot......sorry you took it that way, it affected all of us, in different ways.....

my point was that, as it does affect all of us, its not healthy to live the rest of our days in such fear of an unknown.....thats just my opinion, you dont have to agree

Soonerus
10/4/2005, 11:52 PM
this is a strikingly similar event...apparently failed effort though...but I admit he may just be a loony tune....

KaiserSooner
10/4/2005, 11:56 PM
However, why all the explosives?
His father and brother have repeatedly stated on tv and in various newspapers that his son had an interest/obsession with explosive going back to his childhood.

I consider that a strong, yet simple, explanation for "all" the explosives.

What's up with that beard (I have known zero people who've had a beard like that who aren't Muslims, and before you ask--I know a lot of Muslims; I'm in medicine).
Off the top of my head, I know two of the whitest guys on this planet that have a beard like that.

You can't identify ones religion, personality, or motives on something so superficial and ancillary as a beard.

And what's up with trying to buy NH4NO3--is he sharecropping out back his dumpy azz apartment?
I think this goes back to his apparent obsession with explosives.

Why is the FBI investigating a suicide--because it was a bomb?
Maybe it's best to play it safe and have the FBI make sure this isn't something more than a suicide. That is probably why they're on the case.

And I'm not the first person on this board to notice he lived near the mosque (maybe he went, maybe he didn't). I never had a Pakistani roommate at OU.
If he even went to the mosque at all, which I doubt at this point, could it possibly be because of his (at least, thus far) phantom roommate?

Maybe he was just visiting to see what it was like? I know I did a few things, and visited different places because of the roommates I had in college. You just go out of curiosity. Who knows. So, I think the massive jump to Islamic terrorism here is pretty far fetched at this point.

There are so many questions and possibilities at this point, I just think the paranoia displayed here tonight is massively misplaced.

Soonerus
10/5/2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks for your opinion....I genuinely respect it.....

OKC-SLC
10/5/2005, 12:06 AM
His father and brother have repeatedly stated on tv and in various newspapers that his son had an interest/obsession with explosive going back to his childhood.
This is not normal. I have an interest/obsession with sex, but it wouldn't take the authorities 24 hours to get all the sex out of my house.

Off the top of my head, I know two of the whitest guys on this planet that have a beard like that.
That's great, but I know about 15 Muslims that do too. And I know a LOT more white dudes than Muslims.

You can't identify ones religion, personality, or motives on something so superficial and ancillary as a beard.
Fair enough.

I think this goes back to his apparent obsession with explosives.
I'm obsessed with OU football, but I haven't bought a luxury suite.

Maybe it's best to play it safe and have the FBI make sure this isn't something more than a suicide. That is probably why they're on the case.
Fair enough.

If he even went to the mosque at all, which I doubt at this point, could it possibly be because of his (at least, thus far) phantom roommate?
Either way, he had a Pakistani roommate and went to the mosque with him; or he didn't have a Pakistani roommate and went to the mosque alone. Both, I think, seem more suspicious given the other circumstances than he just went alone for kicks.

There are so many questions and possibilities at this point, I just think the paranoia displayed here tonight is massively misplaced.
We can agree to disagree, I'm cool with that. Surely you must admit, however, that this whole thing stinks a bit.

Soonerus
10/5/2005, 12:08 AM
It smells.....

KaiserSooner
10/5/2005, 12:20 AM
This is not normal. You're right it isn't....of course we're talking about a kid who killed himself, so would be at all surprising that he have an unhealthy obsession?

I have an interest/obsession with sex, but it wouldn't take the authorities 24 hours to get all the sex out of my house.Nothing wrong with an obsession with sex. Moving on.

:D

Either way, he had a Pakistani roommate and went to the mosque with him; or he didn't have a Pakistani roommate and went to the mosque alone. Both, I think, seem more suspicious given the other circumstances than he just went alone for kicks.We'll just have to disagree here.

Surely you must admit, however, that this whole thing stinks a bit.To me, this appears to be a straightforward case of suicide by one messed up loner. Nevertheless, there are definitely a lot of questions to be answered. I just don't think it's worth getting all worked up about until they are answered.

okienole3
10/5/2005, 12:31 AM
Kaiser, what you are doing is no different than what we are doing. We are just coming to different conclusions. It all depends on what evidence you focus on. You are relying on statements by Boren, who has a motive to cutail fear and the kid's family, who are probably not going to come out and say that he talked about blowing up the stadium, assuming he would even say anything to them. We, on the other hand, focus on the circumstantial evidence. I admit the evidence I rely on is just as suspect as yours, because it is circumstantial.

We are both doing the same thing here, so don't talk about jumping to conclusions.

OKC-SLC
10/5/2005, 12:32 AM
Texas sucks, that's for sure.

OU-HSV
10/5/2005, 12:46 AM
Well guys I've enjoyed following your debate here...I must admit I lean toward the OKC-SLC/okienole3 alliance on this one. But there is one part I agree w/both sides on..there aint a damn thing wrong with having an obsession w/sex as long as it's not w/farm animals :les: or men :mack: . Oh and TUCK FEXAS!!!!!!!!!! Off to bed now

Ike
10/5/2005, 12:51 AM
Im probably going to only post here once but here goes.

This is not normal. I have an interest/obsession with sex, but it wouldn't take the authorities 24 hours to get all the sex out of my house.

thats great, but assplosives have to be handled with care. plus keep in mind that a suicidal person does not think in ways that make any sense to anyone.

their presence their does not nessecarily indicate anything in and of itself.

That's great, but I know about 15 Muslims that do too. And I know a LOT more white dudes than Muslims.

Im in a similar boat here, but I'll offer this. I know a lot of 'nerd' and unsociable (except with other nerd types) types due to my chosen profession. Many of these guys do wierd things with their facial hair. really wierd things. I wouldnt think the beard says anything at all. hell, y'all would prolly think the same thing of me if you saw the picture on my work ID.

Either way, he had a Pakistani roommate and went to the mosque with him; or he didn't have a Pakistani roommate and went to the mosque alone. Both, I think, seem more suspicious given the other circumstances than he just went alone for kicks.

honestly, I haven't yet seen any convincing evidence that he went to a mosque. and if such evidence comes to light, the more important question is not just did he go, but when and how often. Its common for kids in college to explore new paths to discover what they are comfortable with. if he just went to one once or twice, I wouldnt think nuthin of it.

We can agree to disagree, I'm cool with that. Surely you must admit, however, that this whole thing stinks a bit.

I think that the thing that stinks about it is the official veil of secrecy around the whole investigation. I understand the need for it, but I hate it just the same because it leads to this kind of wild speculation.

for now, yeah, I'll agree to disagree with you, however, I am keeping an open mind, and for everyone, its important, IMHO, to define for yourself what evidence could be presented to you in order to change your mind, and then look hard (if you can) to see if such evidence exists.

KaiserSooner
10/5/2005, 01:06 AM
Kaiser, what you are doing is no different than what we are doing. We are just coming to different conclusions. It all depends on what evidence you focus on. You are relying on statements by Boren, who has a motive to cutail fear and the kid's family, who are probably not going to come out and say that he talked about blowing up the stadium, assuming he would even say anything to them. We, on the other hand, focus on the circumstantial evidence. I admit the evidence I rely on is just as suspect as yours, because it is circumstantial.

We are both doing the same thing here, so don't talk about jumping to conclusions.What far flung conclusion have I jumped to? That a loner killed himself?

Meanwhile, some of you are scoping out the mosque near this kid's house.

With all due respect, I think his father is far more credible than a tabloid report on Channel 9 by Tamara Pratt, in which she speculates about visiting a mosque, among other things, while presenting absolutely zero facts to back it up.

From the many paper and two tv interviews I've seen of the dad, he is extremely articulate, reflective and up front about his son's problems and obsessions. I don't get the sense that he's attempting to hide or cover anything up....just that he's trying to logically and rationally come to terms with losing a son. At this point, that's pretty credible to me.

okienole3
10/5/2005, 01:18 AM
You are assuming that what you say is right before knowing all the facts. We may never know who is right, but we will know more in the passing days.

Sooner_Tuf
10/5/2005, 04:36 AM
His great interest in explosives is not normal or common for college students. If someone is stockpiling explosives his motives political or not are certainly relevent. No way this is just your average loner kills himself case. If there is such a average thing anyways.

But when a person stockpiles something that can have a huge detrimental effect on others its worthy of investigation. When that person kills himself by strapping on a bomb it screams for more attention.

He's not a threat anymore but his friends should be subjected to some examination and make sure there is no more stockpiles of explosives anywhere. If this situation is a part of some greater terror plot it would be a good thing to find out now.

It would be irresponsible to dismiss this ordeal as over, just yet. There may very well be no more to it but the evidence suggests there is more. People don't collect explosives as a hobby, they collect them to blow things or others to hell.

swardboy
10/5/2005, 06:44 AM
So, if I'm hearing some of the Norman locals correctly, there is speculation that a weak-minded pyro-nut was recruited by muslim fundamentalists to strap on an explosive backpack and go to a potentially victim-rich environment, but somehow the explosives went off prematurely.....and what is it with OU and muslim fundamentalists? Remember the ex-OU student who went to Iraq to "sell cell phones" and was beheaded?

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 07:15 AM
nick berg was a muslim? i must have missed that part of the story.....

swardboy
10/5/2005, 08:25 AM
nick berg was a muslim? i must have missed that part of the story.....
Sorry. Didn't mean to imply HE was....just that they figured prominently in his demise.

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 08:26 AM
rectum? hell they killed him...

CtheB
10/5/2005, 08:28 AM
Some believe that there is a strong Arab presence on the OU campus because of the strength of its petroleum engineering department.

OklahomaTuba
10/5/2005, 08:33 AM
Speaking of the father:

"He was pretty disengaged from politics," the father said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "And he took the care to select an open area where there was no one around."

Yeah, no one at all.

EXCEPT THE 84,000 PEOPLE 100 YARDS AWAY FROM HIM!!?!?!?!?!!!

His son also had an interest in explosives, he said.

"Every little boy does that," he said. "He went a little further than most."

A little? :rolleyes:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/100405dntexokexplosion.dc55792.html

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 08:35 AM
ok i've looked at the map, and its not 100 yards away, its not 100 feet.......granted its close but its neither of those distances

OklahomaTuba
10/5/2005, 08:39 AM
Thats fine,

Nevertheless, if I wanted to really get away from it all to do myself in, I don't think blowing myself up in the middle of campus in Norman on a football game day is exactly doing it with no one around.

OklahomaTuba
10/5/2005, 08:42 AM
And one could really wonder if the father had any idea what was going on with this son...

Hinrichs last visited his family this year, when he stopped by for about a half hour while on a road trip, his father said. http://www.gazette.com/display.php?id=1310934&secid=1

IronHorseSooner
10/5/2005, 08:44 AM
To be correct, Nick Berg was a Jew. His Jewish heritage and faith gave the terrorists more reason to behead him....As for someone who was both near the 1995 unfortunate event, and is currently in Iraq, your suspicions begin to rise. Suicide is plausible explanation, but there seems to be more, there always is. However, what I have learned is that we shouldn't jump to any conclusion.

OklahomaTuba
10/5/2005, 08:49 AM
IronHorse, Thanks for what you're doing over there in Iraq.

BajaOklahoma
10/5/2005, 09:13 AM
It would be irresponsible to dismiss this ordeal as over, just yet. There may very well be no more to it but the evidence suggests there is more.

So there is an ongoing investigation, it's not over. Let's let the investigation run its course. Then we can look at the "evidence."

What I am hearing sounds like that old kids game "Pass It On" where person A tells person B something which is told to person C. And we all know how that turns out. :eek:

While I agree it is normal to worry about family and friends when something like this happens, spreading the rumors just makes it harder for the investigators to do their job.

I don't think Boren is perfect, but I applaude him for sticking to facts.
Based on the reporter who tried to interview Lil Baja, the completion of the Gaylord building didn't happen any too soon - hope they have a class on responsibility and integrity. They are certainly lacking in the current batch of reporters.

RFH Shakes
10/5/2005, 09:18 AM
IMO, someone that is willing to kill themselves isn't in their right mind to start off with. So why are some people convinced that he was thinking clearly enough to pick a certain area and a certain time for any other reason than to kill himself.

Grimey
10/5/2005, 09:25 AM
I guess the people that were saying that the photo I posted on the other thread was photoshopped are admitting they were wrong now, right?

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/US/10/04/oklahoma.explosion.ap/story.hinrichs.ap.jpg

SoonerWood
10/5/2005, 09:31 AM
This kid's apparent obsession with explosives would lead me to think that a premature detonation wasn't the case. My thinking is that if he had this much experience with explosives, the bomb probably went off where it was meant to go off. Although, I've seen firework shows go awry by people that have been working with them their whole lives as well...

The Islamic looking beard, Pakistani roommate, visited a nearby Mosque, apartment full of explosives... Gee, why would anyone think this has anything to do with some sort of terrorist plot? Sure, you can't judge someone by the beard, but it's human nature to try and mentally catalogue certain high probability 'clues' to look for for future reference.

And to those that are convinced that this has absolutely no terrorist connection at all, why not? Wouldn't at least a small dose of paranoia be healthy in this day and age?

Its obvious that the media is trying to paint a picture. This stuff is ratings gold to them. And who knows, this kid could have planned this out for weeks to make it look like some sort of jyhad thing.

The only thing I do know about this matter, is that I will probably never know the truth about this matter.

Oh and I also know, Texass sucks!

Grimey
10/5/2005, 09:38 AM
I know everybody is in disbelief that any of this that the News is reporting is true, but what if he had actually gotten the fertilizer? There were 80,000 people in that stadium, including many/most of us. There is a possibility he may have been trying to kill as many people as possible.

Whether it was muslim-related or not is one thing we can certainly have different viewpoints about, but what is astonishing is that he may have just attempted to blow up many of us and our beloved Fock ;) , and so many of you are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Especially in a state where most of us were effected by a very similar event that happened 10 years ago.

soonercal
10/5/2005, 09:44 AM
Ok here is my opinion. Should some idiot decide it is my time to go when I am at an OU football game, I can't think of a better way to go as long as it doesn't hurt much. I live for fall, and live for the days when my sooners take the field. I figure this would be a better way to go then having a heart attack during the heat of passion anyway. Just my thoughts

What time is it?

springs sooner
10/5/2005, 09:56 AM
i live in Colorado Springs where this kid was from and this is what was in the paper this morning.

October 05, 2005

No terror link found to student who died in blast

By ANSLEE WILLETT THE GAZETTE

A Colorado Springs man who died last weekend when an explosive strapped to his body detonated at the University of Oklahoma has not been linked to a terrorist organization, the FBI said Tuesday.

Joel “Joe” Hinrichs III was sitting on a bench Saturday night across the street from the OU stadium in Norman, Okla., during the second quarter of the Oklahoma-Kansas State game when the explosive went off.

The blast was heard throughout the stadium and up to four miles away. OU officials said they don’t believe Hinrichs, a 21-year-old junior, tried to enter the stadium.

Still, university officials said they will tighten stadium security. Security personnel will more thoroughly search bags fans bring to the stadium. The school will suspend for the rest of the season a policy that allows spectators to return after leaving at halftime, and officers will more closely screen vehicles that park in a garage next to the stadium.

FBI officials released little information except to say there isn’t a known link between Hinrichs and terrorist or extremist organizations, no one else is believed to be involved and there is no known threat posed by additional explosives.

Special Agent Gary Johnson said the investigation is continuing. He declined to comment on reports that explosives were removed from Hinrichs’ apartment.

Hinrichs, a mechanical-engineering major, had a sharp mind even as a boy, his father said. At 7, he asked his dad how to turn ore into iron.

“And for 45 minutes, we talked it over,” said Joel Hinrichs Jr., who lives in Colorado Springs. “At the end of that time, he was filled with happiness and gratitude. He said, ‘Dad, that’s the best conversation we had.’”

Hinrichs graduated in 2002 from Wasson High School in Colorado Springs. He was active on the debate team and in math and science lab competitions.

“He was wonderful at analysis,” said Bruce Phil- lips, his former teacher and debate team coach. “He had a very precise way of looking at things.”

His sophomore year, Hinrichs began eating lunch in Phillips’ classroom, where other students gathered. He sat by himself.

“He was a kid who, unless you explored with him to discover with him who he was and what he was, he would have been perfectly content to fly under the radar,” Phillips said. “I ended up talking to him.”

The conversations focused on school.

“He was a very private person,” Phillips said. “He wouldn’t be the kind of kid to come up and say, ‘Mr. Phillips, I’ve got something I need to talk about.’”

After Hinrichs left for college, he swapped occasional e-mails with Phillips until about 1½ years ago. After that, Phillips communicated with him through Hinrichs’ father.

Months ago, Hinrichs told his family he was having difficulty deciding what direction to take in life.

“I had known he was lonely,” Phillips said. “He ended up in a place where he couldn’t make connections. He was such a sharp kid, such a great sense of humor. He was so quiet that nobody connected to him on that level, but he got along with other kids on the debate team. When he was put in that setting, he interacted well.”

The Associated Press contributed to

this report.

Taxman71
10/5/2005, 10:41 AM
I have read all the posts, arguments, etc. and here's my view:

I see alot of similarities in this Hinrichs guy and the Columbine shooters. Despite the obvious Colorado connection, you have intelligent young people who are outcasts from mainstream society (or at least the popular "in" crowd). (Note: a nonfrat, commuter at OU during undergrad, I can attest that it is very easy to feel like an outcast at OU) These individuals rebelled from mainstream society by becoming obsessed in dark, violent themes. The Columbine kids became obsessed with guns and murderous fantasies about killing the "cool" kids. Hinrichs became obsessed with explosives and (allegedly) Islam and (potentially) harming average Americans (I know, an obvious stretch on the Islam argument).

These people are all around us, but few become so obsessed with death and destruction of mainstream society. Most use it as motivation to succeed while some are unable to successfully make such a bomb or Columbine massacre. The similar ages of these kids (yes, emotionally they are all kids) lends them to despair rather than realizing that they are merely going through a small time in their life when being cool or accepted in the most important thing. These guys have no idea that noone will remember their pimples or nerdiness at their 10 years class reunion.

mrowl
10/5/2005, 11:03 AM
what the F? this should be in the south oval...

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 11:15 AM
This kid's apparent obsession with explosives would lead me to think that a premature detonation wasn't the case. My thinking is that if he had this much experience with explosives, the bomb probably went off where it was meant to go off. Although, I've seen firework shows go awry by people that have been working with them their whole lives as well...

The Islamic looking beard, Pakistani roommate, visited a nearby Mosque, apartment full of explosives... Gee, why would anyone think this has anything to do with some sort of terrorist plot? Sure, you can't judge someone by the beard, but it's human nature to try and mentally catalogue certain high probability 'clues' to look for for future reference.

And to those that are convinced that this has absolutely no terrorist connection at all, why not? Wouldn't at least a small dose of paranoia be healthy in this day and age?

Its obvious that the media is trying to paint a picture. This stuff is ratings gold to them. And who knows, this kid could have planned this out for weeks to make it look like some sort of jyhad thing.

The only thing I do know about this matter, is that I will probably never know the truth about this matter.

Oh and I also know, Texass sucks!

even the most experienced explosives people (bomb disposal) have unexpected or sudden explosions

he's a self taught "expert".....that right there should tell you how much of an expert he really was

SoonerWood
10/5/2005, 11:23 AM
even the most experienced explosives people (bomb disposal) have unexpected or sudden explosions

he's a self taught "expert".....that right there should tell you how much of an expert he really was
Yeah, I tried to make that point myself with the fireworks comment.

okienole3
10/5/2005, 11:27 AM

So, if it was premature explosion, then what was it?

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 11:33 AM
So, if it was premature explosion, then what was it?

i dont know what it was.......i dont know that any of us do

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 11:34 AM
i'm a self proclaimed sooner football enthusiast, but that doesnt mean i can play a single down, or coach a single play.......

soonercal
10/5/2005, 11:35 AM
I just showed my students the homeland security site and they think the guy looks like Tom Hanks.

OUMedMan
10/5/2005, 12:03 PM
The guy's picture he sure looks like someone from Amishland.

Wouldn't it be more likely that he was one of them Amish terrorists, instead of someone following the religion of peace?

OU-HSV
10/5/2005, 12:04 PM
I thought he looks kinda like an Amish Justin Timberlake

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 12:11 PM
wait...the amish are islamics?

holeeeeeee crap

TheHumanAlphabet
10/5/2005, 12:12 PM
I am of the belief that there is more to this than just one individual. I also think that if this is more than just the "deranged" individual, we'll never know. This is something the gub'ment would likely shut down...

BTW, he does look like Tom Hanks in that photo.

SoonerWood
10/5/2005, 12:13 PM
I think the fella looked more like Quentin Tarantino

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 12:14 PM
for what purpose would they shut it down

they've been telling us for 4 years that this sort of thing (the thing you conspiracy theorists are speculating) is going to happen......not a matter of IF, but when

so why on earth would they shut it down? makes no sense....

you think the FBI is going to trust the OU Police Dept in keeping their departmental pie hole shut over something like that?

dont kid yourself......

mdklatt
10/5/2005, 12:21 PM
Sorry, going to South Oval during the game indicates a grander scheme to me...nothing else makes sense

Depression isn't supposed to make sense.

mdklatt
10/5/2005, 12:23 PM
His great interest in explosives is not normal or common for college students.

Neither is comitting suicide.

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 12:23 PM
i wonder if the seed sower statue had oranges in the basket, or roses.....would he have gone there instead of the south oval

TopDawg
10/5/2005, 12:26 PM
I am of the belief that there is more to this than just one individual. I also think that if this is more than just the "deranged" individual, we'll never know. This is something the gub'ment would likely shut down...

I told you dumbies that it was stupid to put a horn in the Oval Office.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/5/2005, 12:29 PM
for what purpose would they shut it down

they've been telling us for 4 years that this sort of thing (the thing you conspiracy theorists are speculating) is going to happen......not a matter of IF, but when

so why on earth would they shut it down? makes no sense....

you think the FBI is going to trust the OU Police Dept in keeping their departmental pie hole shut over something like that?

dont kid yourself......
Well, I mostly am skeptical of the gub'ment. I don't necessarily think conspiracy, but I don't trust them for the full story if a partial story will work. There are all sorts of reason one could think they don't want to identifiy the whole story (assuming there is more), and Boren and his "family mantra" wouldn't want people to firebomb the mosque like they did during the Iran hostage situation. The bomb Iran chalkings and anti-"raghead" stuff was out there. So I can see Boren wanting to quash this as well...

mdklatt
10/5/2005, 12:31 PM
I told you dumbies that it was stupid to put a horn in the Oval Office.

George Bush never went to UT.

TopDawg
10/5/2005, 12:34 PM

A lot of horns around here didn't either.

http://www.kinsmanredeemer.com/BushSatan.jpg
http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/january2005/220105sign1.jpg
http://www.melbourne.indymedia.org/uploads/satan_sign_1.jpg

TopDawg
10/5/2005, 12:36 PM

Dangit...I just realized I should've taken the "he must not have met their academic standards" appraoch. And, yes, I know Tuba et al would've come back with some condescending response about the school he did attend...but let's not forget that, despite what other people tell you, the University of Texas has the highest academic standards in this fair land of ours.

FaninAma
10/5/2005, 12:40 PM
Anybody who dismisses this incident out of hand as a simple suicide without seriously considering all the possibilities is an idiot.

It's not "if" a suicide bomber attacks inside this country, it's "when".

mdklatt
10/5/2005, 12:43 PM
Anybody who dismisses this incident out of hand as a simple suicide without seriously considering all the possibilities is an idiot.

If we weren't talking about a pasty white boy from Colorado I'd be more worried.

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 12:46 PM

this idiot will be more than happy to seriously consider ALL THE FACTS, when available

what this idiot will NOT DO is draw conclusions based on information that is nothing more than pure speculation

SoonerPriv
10/5/2005, 12:48 PM

his daughter did..

I personally think the guy screwed up and was planning to blow up more than himself. that's purely speculation and if that was indeed his plan i'm glad something went wrong. now we are going to have to pay for it during games regardless of his intent. that's what sucks the worse for me, it was just starting to get back to somewhat normal.

Pricetag
10/5/2005, 12:53 PM
I wonder if the Islam stuff would be running so rampant if the kid had blonde hair.

TopDawg
10/5/2005, 12:53 PM

The trouble here is defining what "all the possibilities" are.

It's possible he was a Martian and the bomb was really just a Martian cell phone that got wet (all Martian cell phones explode when they get wet).

Now don't you feel like an idiot for not having considered that possibility?

But besides that, couldn't someone have already considered the terrorist possibility and then dismissed it based on the facts that have been revealed? It seems a little rash to call someone an idiot simply because you're still considering a possibility they've already considered and dismissed.

FaninAma
10/5/2005, 07:34 PM
this idiot will be more than happy to seriously consider ALL THE FACTS, when available

what this idiot will NOT DO is draw conclusions based on information that is nothing more than pure speculation
Nobody's asking you to draw conclusions but you seem so bent on observing a standard of political correctness that you are all but denying that this nut had any connections to radical Islamic types in the community. It's that type of political correctness that will make it much easier for these nuts to achieve their deadly goals in the future.

I want all of the facts out, too including his connections to the local mosque.

It now appears, according to a security guard at the stadium, that the bomber tried to gain access into the stadium. What was he going to do there....watch the game and sing "Boomer Sooner"?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then in all likelihood it is a duck.

FaninAma
10/5/2005, 07:37 PM
The trouble here is defining what "all the possibilities" are.

It's possible he was a Martian and the bomb was really just a Martian cell phone that got wet (all Martian cell phones explode when they get wet).

Now don't you feel like an idiot for not having considered that possibility?

But besides that, couldn't someone have already considered the terrorist possibility and then dismissed it based on the facts that have been revealed? It seems a little rash to call someone an idiot simply because you're still considering a possibility they've already considered and dismissed.
Dismissed on what evidence? It's the fact that some have seemed to dismiss the possiblity without any hard evidence that irks me. The only reason I can see to dismiss the possiblity that this was a terrorist attack related to radical islamic elements in the country is rampant political correctness.

SoonerJLB
10/5/2005, 07:51 PM
about the bombing incident during the K-State game. I heard a brief mention of the "incident" the next day on CNN Headline news and saw a picture of the guy that blew himself up and a few vague sentences from local investigating police and the like. I guess I will keep tuned to see what is uncovered in the next few days.

SoonerJLB
10/5/2005, 08:12 PM

And F*ck Texas.

I feel the same way and I have in-laws in my family that are Muslim (at least they were raised Muslim). My wife is Persian (from Iran) but moved to the U.S. with her older sister to live with relatives after their Dad died when she was 14 (before the Shah regime was taken out by radical students). Both her and her sister have not and will not go back to Iran until a more civil/democratic government is in place.

I have nothing against Islam in general but I agree that more leaders of the Islamic faith need to step up and be more vocal about what the minority radicals are doing to their world-wide reputation of their religion of choice.

I had an interesting conversation with some friends in California that are originally from Lebanon. They are all Christian (many people in that part of the world are not Muslim). One guy said...the extreme Muslims basicaly ruined their country and that if the Muslims actually ever thought to think about the "Big Picture" of the teachings of Islam they would probably have a better perspective on the perceptions that those outside of the Islamic world have. Also, he said that the main prophet/leader of Islam (Mohammad) was actually a "terrorist" himself who lead violent raids in the Middle East and pillaged and murdered all who would not convert to Islam or stood in their way and it is these types of Muslims that want the world to revert to the days of Mohammad and bring the Islamic world back to the "Dark Ages" of the most prominant phophet. Just food for thought.

Redshirt
10/5/2005, 08:34 PM
i live in Colorado Springs where this kid was from and this is what was in the paper this morning.

October 05, 2005

No terror link found to student who died in blast

By ANSLEE WILLETT THE GAZETTE

Hinrichs, a mechanical-engineering major, had a sharp mind even as a boy, his father said. At 7, he asked his dad how to turn ore into iron.

“And for 45 minutes, we talked it over,” said Joel Hinrichs Jr., who lives in Colorado Springs. “At the end of that time, he was filled with happiness and gratitude. He said, ‘Dad, that’s the best conversation we had.’”

The Associated Press contributed to

this report.

Does this remind anyone eles of the song 'Jeremy' by Pearl Jam?

SoonerJLB
10/5/2005, 08:37 PM
Does this remind anyone eles of the song 'Jeremy' by Pearl Jam?

Yes, it does. Good catch!

KaiserSooner
10/5/2005, 08:57 PM
It now appears, according to a security guard at the stadium, that the bomber tried to gain access into the stadium.

link?

I've read from the Daily Oklahoman (I think) that a secuiry guard turned away somebody at the gate, but who he turned away wasn't clear from the article. Unfortunately, I can't get into www.newsok.com (http://www.newsok.com) right now to find the damn story.

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 09:04 PM
faninama is convinced he was tied to a local mosque when there is no factual evidence to support it, only rumors from a website that is not a legitimate news source

there is not one single piece of evidence that would stand up in a court of law to say he was connected to middle eastern terrorism

when i see that, then i'll jump on that paranoia bandwagon some of you are on

KaiserSooner
10/5/2005, 09:05 PM
I had an interesting conversation with some friends in California that are originally from Lebanon. They are all Christian (many people in that part of the world are not Muslim). One guy said...the extreme Muslims basicaly ruined their country and that if the Muslims actually ever thought to think about the "Big Picture" of the teachings of Islam they would probably have a better perspective on the perceptions that those outside of the Islamic world have. Also, he said that the main prophet/leader of Islam (Mohammad) was actually a "terrorist" himself who lead violent raids in the Middle East and pillaged and murdered all who would not convert to Islam or stood in their way and it is these types of Muslims that want the world to revert to the days of Mohammad and bring the Islamic world back to the "Dark Ages" of the most prominant phophet. Just food for thought.
The fact that your friend is from Lebanon explains much of the above. That country is a tenderbox of countless Christian and Muslim sects and each pretty much blame one group or the other (if not all of them) for their country's woes, when the truth of the matter is that all sects within Lebanon are to be blamed for its disfunctionality. Of course, French control of the region definitely didn't help either.

Anyway, your Christian Lebanese friend's opinion on Islam will be as inflamed as a Cuban exile's if he were to give his opinion on Fidel Castro.

sooner13f
10/5/2005, 09:49 PM
Wow this is crazy talk. People do not strap explosives on them to kill themselves unless they plan on hurting someone else. After everything that has happened in the last few years I dont believe people still deny this fact.
Was he crazy---Yes he _ _ cking blew himself up
Are most people that blow themselves up crazy---yes
I will go to bed tonight knowing we are at war and wake up knowing America is still denying it. So if this did not apply to you just dont pay attention to it. Thank YOU

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 09:57 PM
. People do not strap explosives on them to kill themselves unless they plan on hurting someone else.

its happened before, whether you choose to believe it or not, but exploding yourself didnt just become the "in thing" with the palestinians....

granted its not common, but not unheard of

RacerX
10/5/2005, 10:05 PM
I'm just happy that the stadium security protected me from something other than outside food and beverage.

sooner13f
10/5/2005, 10:08 PM
Choose to believe it. I am pretty aware of the types of people that strape on explosives to kill themselves. No I dont know 100% anything. I just Thank God he didnt get into the stadium or take anyone with him. I have been training people for two years to search and detect planted explosives. I have went to many classes on the subject and can not recall anyone ever dicussing a pesron taking their live with a bomb without atleast wanting to cause others pain. I agree anything is possible. Sorry Im not one to argue but this is near and dear to my heart. Thanks for sharing you thoughts.

Kels
10/5/2005, 10:57 PM
I know for a fact that Jihad was being preached at the Islamic Center in Norman in the fall of '98 from a visiting "scholar" from Bangladesh. He advocated bringing the war to the dar-ul-harb of Norman. This sentiment was echoed again by a Somali student and an American Muslim from St. Louis at a special event in Dale Hall 201 in the Spring of 2001. Conclusion? There are instances of Islamic extremism in Norman. Moussaoui notwithstanding.

Two friends of mine were active bombmakers during High School. They made numerous devices, and were experimenting with Mercury switches to set them off. They were in it because they enjoyed the destructive power in their hands, and because they could make money selling them. They got out of the business after a run-in with police. Conclusion? You make bombs to explode them. It's not a simple "hobby." These two guys had real struggles operating in normal social constructs. Later, one shot himself in the shoulder and claimed it was an attempted murder.

I spent this summer in a part of the world where facial hair like young Joel had was an automatic stop by the country's military that involved intensive questioning and search. Wahabis in the region are setting off devices every week to destabilize the gov't. Conclusion? In numerous parts of the world, this type of "profiling" is considered routine, and does help control the movement of possible terrorists. This is unfortunate, but true.

It is historical fact that Mohammed committed atrocities on rival caravan traders, and oversaw the execution of over 900 Jews in Medina. Conclusion? Read the Koran for yourself. You cannot understand the Koran until you grasp the doctrine of abrogation -- the level of authority the later (and most violent) suras have over the earlier written ones.

How does this all fit? Unrelated pieces of factual information, to be sure. However, it is not unreasonable for me to think that information may come out on down the line that points to other's involvement, political/religious motives, and a larger soft target than only Joel.

Gosh, who would want any props if they were right about their suspicions? I for one pray that I am wrong. Yet, since I've rubbed shoulders with people with some of these same issues and beliefs, it's not implausible that there is more here than meets the eye.

On a side not, one of my students lived on Walker 4E with Joel back in 2001. My student was a senior, and Joel was a freshman. He remembers Joel to be awkwardly quiet, not even returning a simple, "Hi!" in the hall. He spent time talking to Joel about spiritual issues in November and December 2001. Joel has a parent that is a Jehovah's Witness, and admitted that any spiritual beliefs that he had at the time were influenced by that. My student shared the Gospel with him and was able to answer some of Joel's questions. After Christmas that year, Joel was not interested in any further discussion and withdrew even more.

What a trajedy.

TopDawg
10/6/2005, 10:07 AM
Dismissed on what evidence? It's the fact that some have seemed to dismiss the possiblity without any hard evidence that irks me.

Dismissed on lack of evidence. It irks some that others seem to believe the possibility without any hard evidence.

To over-simplify the issue, there are two camps here.

One camp believes that a lot of the "evidence" we are hearing is inaccurate, incomplete or simply fabricated and, as such, is not making a rush to judgment about the dude's motives or connections. People in this camp tend to be taking more of an "innocent until proven guilty" stance.

The other camp believes that the "evidence" we are hearing is accurate and incomplete and have taken it upon themselves to make the connections between what is being reported. They seem to be taking more of a "better safe than sorry" stance.

Look, I'm all for the investigation continuing because if this was a failed terrorist attack, we sure as hell need to know. But in my opinion the only evidence that adds up to this being a terrorist attack seems to be either incomplete or circumstantial with most, if not all, of it coming from questionable sources.

Redshirt
10/6/2005, 10:09 AM
Interesting insight.

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 11:16 AM
Obviously he'd rather be dead than see his sooners get shalacked in Dallas on Sat.

I'm not sure who the guy was, but based on his behavior, I'd say he's far too intelligent to be a student at Zero-U

TopDawg
10/6/2005, 11:30 AM
Obviously he'd rather be dead than see his sooners get shalacked in Dallas on Sat.

I'm not sure who the guy was, but based on his behavior, I'd say he's far too intelligent to be a student at Zero-U

Thanks for bringing your own intelligence into question. Putting your tact and choice of teams aside for a moment, you misspelled "shellacked."

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks for bringing your own intelligence into question. Putting your tact and choice of teams aside for a moment, you misspelled "shellacked."

I'm not surprised *you* know how to spell it. That's one of your vocabulary words for this year. TCU? Who else are you playing - Lighthouse for the Blind? I hear you're actually *getting* points against them.

mdklatt
10/6/2005, 11:49 AM
TCU? Who else are you playing - Lighthouse for the Blind?

Lighthouse for the Blind beat Rice 63-12 last year, and is a 35-point favorite over Lousiana Tech for their game in November.

:rolleyes:

FaninAma
10/6/2005, 01:00 PM

I'm not sure who the guy was, but based on his behavior, I'd say he's far too intelligent to be a student at Zero-UI do agree that the ****ing nutcase would have fit in well at UT.

I also wish Boren and the administration would be more open about this case to squelch rumors and speculation.....and to enlighten us if there is the possibility of a network of like-minded individuals still running around central Oklahoma.

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 02:30 PM
...Could it possibly be because this year I'm not pulling for the team that sucks a_ _ ?

For those of you contributing to my "reputation" - keep it up. You're really making a difference.

And I love this quote from Miss Stoops...
"We're not about beating Texas. You beat Texas and you don't win a Big 12 Championship or a National Championship, then you haven't done much."

I have an open question for her: What if you don't do *any* of that?

jk the sooner fan
10/6/2005, 02:32 PM

I have an open question for her: What if you don't do *any* of that?

well your team would be better than any to answer that

you tell us

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 02:49 PM

you tell us

Huh? How so? Because we never won the Big 12? Never won a National title? Oh, I guess it's because Texas has never beaten ...Texas

Don't you have a jr college class to attend?

SoonerPriv
10/6/2005, 02:56 PM
Huh? How so? Because we never won the Big 12? Never won a National title? Oh, I guess it's because Texas has never beaten ...Texas

It's Mrs. Stoops. You must be special ed, I try not to make fun of special people like you so I will refrain.

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 03:07 PM

you tell us

And what does the jk stand for? ...jerkin' kielbasa?

And for that matter, Resident Enigma? Shouldn't that be Resident Enima, since you're clearly up Stoops a_ _

jk the sooner fan
10/6/2005, 03:12 PM

i realize i should have dumbed that down for you to understand.

you havent beaten Oklahoma
you havent won a national championship in over 30 years
and Big 12 Championships? not since 1996

jerkin kielbasa? you sure seem to have a fixation for all things homo and self sex..

i guess thats what that tier one education gets you

TopDawg
10/6/2005, 03:13 PM

Who won the spring game? Oh wait, Mack probably wouldn't allow either team to be declared the loser.

Anyway, maybe it'd be better to say "Mack would know best." He's never won a Big 12 title and never even sniffed a national championship.

TopDawg
10/6/2005, 03:17 PM
I'm not surprised *you* know how to spell it. That's one of your vocabulary words for this year. TCU? Who else are you playing - Lighthouse for the Blind? I hear you're actually *getting* points against them.

Oh wow. That was *one* of the *worst* comebacks I've *ever* read. But in keeping with the theme, come back to us when your vocabulary words start having multiple syllables.

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 03:25 PM
...multiple syllables.

I don't need multiple syllables

...We will crush you (none there)

...You will score no points (none there either)

...Your team sucks this year (ditto)

TopDawg
10/6/2005, 03:33 PM
I don't need multiple syllables

...We will crush you (none there)

No you will not.

...You will score no points (none there either)

Yes we will.

...Your team sucks this year (ditto)

No, your team sucks this year.

Awwww, to be a kid again. Thanks for the reminiscent walk down Elementary School Lane.

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 03:42 PM
In all of this, we've sort of lost track of what's really important.

...That this is one of the worst teams you've fielded - at least in my memory.

I can't believe there's actually people *on* this board. Y'all must be majoring in masochism.

(Hey, multi-syllabic-spell-checker-guy How'd I do?)

mdklatt
10/6/2005, 03:44 PM
i guess thats what that tier one education gets you

You really think earwax77 has ever seen the inside of a college classroom? Remember that lots of D/FW junior highs have a day off today because of the fair.

mdklatt
10/6/2005, 03:48 PM
...That this is one of the worst teams you've fielded - at least in my memory.

My earliest memory is from when I was two. 1998 was only seven years ago, so that makes you...hmmm...eight or nine?

I would have thought that Cyber Nanny would block something like SF.com.

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 03:52 PM
No you will not.

Yes we will.

No, your team sucks this year.

Awwww, to be a kid again. Thanks for the reminiscent walk down Elementary School Lane.

I love how you have to assert that will actually score points - friggin' hilarious! Can you imagine Stoops holding a press conference and boldly declaring "We're gonna score some points" ...or "I don't know what's gonna happen, but not gonna get shut out"

And I'm just stating a fact - your team sucks ...really bad/badly/whathaveyou (hey spellchecker guy!!!!)

Please explain how getting beat by TCU means you DON'T suck.

SoonerPriv
10/6/2005, 04:02 PM
I love how you have to assert that will actually score points - friggin' hilarious! Can you imagine Stoops holding a press conference and boldly declaring "We're gonna score some points" ...or "I don't know what's gonna happen, but not gonna get shut out"

And I'm just stating a fact - your team sucks ...really bad/badly/whathaveyou (hey spellchecker guy!!!!)

coming from a fan whose team did just that last year. got *shut* out. :rolleyes: and they didn't even suck.

mdklatt
10/6/2005, 04:03 PM

Please explain how an 0-4 OU team coached by John Blake beat a 4-0 UT team in 1996.

(If you know anything about it; I realize you might not have been born yet.)

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 04:03 PM
My earliest memory is from when I was two. 1998 was only seven years ago, so that makes you...hmmm...eight or nine?

I would have thought that Cyber Nanny would block something like SF.com.

I'm not up on my Sooner history... It sounds like you're saying "No, we were sucking bad only 7-8 years ago."

Your honesty is refreshing.

mdklatt
10/6/2005, 04:06 PM
I'm not up on my Sooner history... It sounds like you're saying "No, we were sucking bad only 7-8 years ago."

I guess our secret is out. :rolleyes:

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 04:08 PM
coming from a fan whose team did just that last year. got *shut* out. :rolleyes: and they didn't even suck.

Ahhh the tried and true Sooner argument: "We suck this year, so let's talk about last year or the year before or a group of years like maybe from the 70s or something - anything but the here and now"

How many losses do you have *this year* already?

jk the sooner fan
10/6/2005, 04:10 PM
ok lets talk the "here and now"......you still havent beat us

you still havent won a Big 12 Championship

You still havent won a National Championship

there's some current events for you since history seems to escape your grasp of cognitive reasoning

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 04:15 PM
Please explain how an 0-4 OU team coached by John Blake beat a 4-0 UT team in 1996.

(If you know anything about it; I realize you might not have been born yet.)

Typical Sooner dodge - "Forget about this year, let's go back 9 years!"

Move to strike as non-responsive.

Anyone else care to take this question on: You get beat by TCU, so the reason you don't suck is: _______________________ ?

jk the sooner fan
10/6/2005, 04:18 PM
ok here you go....we suck, so when we beat your *** come back like the teenager you are and take your medicine......ok?

because its gonna be a heavy dose

mdklatt
10/6/2005, 04:19 PM
Ahhh the tried and true Sooner argument: "We suck this year, so let's talk about last year or the year before or a group of years like maybe from the 70s or something - anything but the here and now"

Since this is Smack Central I can say ****ing idiot, can't I?

earwax77, since you're obviously the worst kind of bandwagon fan (and nine years old) I don't expect you to know this, but it's the horn fans who have been living in the past. Any reference to hanging half a decade on you is met with, "Oh yeah? Well be beat your *** in 1897! We owned you in the oughts! [the 19-oughts, obviously]. UT fans have to go back to before the 70's (your parents were probably about your age then) if they want to talk about national championships. The only truly noteworthy thing a Texas football team has done in the past 35+ years is win the Big 12 Championship Game. Quick--I bet you don't know what year that was, do you?

jk the sooner fan
10/6/2005, 04:21 PM
we must not suck too much because he's sure over here trying really hard to prove to us he isnt worried about this game....

do you think when uterus plays Rice that he spends any amount of time on the Owls board? No...of course not

earwax is worried, otherwise he wouldnt be trying so hard

SoonerPriv
10/6/2005, 04:22 PM

no arguement just the *facts* that has nothing to do with this years game nor did i elude to the fact. us beating you while sucking and having a less than stellar record would prove to be somewhat humerous. no i take that back f*ucking hilarious.

mdklatt
10/6/2005, 04:22 PM
You get beat by TCU, so the reason you don't suck is: _______________________ ?

Okay, we suck this year, I admit it. A UT win on Saturday would be completely meaningless, and an OU win would be a complete embarrasment to UT and all of Travis county. Are you happy now?

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 04:23 PM
ok lets talk the "here and now"......you still havent beat us

you still havent won a Big 12 Championship

You still havent won a National Championship

there's some current events for you since history seems to escape your grasp of cognitive reasoning

Did you *mean* to leave yourself wide open? Are you saying we haven't beaten you *this year* - of course not, that's what Sat is for

And *nobody's* won the Big 12 this year genius. At least we're still in it. After TCU, y'all aren't even playing for pride.

ditto on the Natl Championship - we're in it, you're not.

Now back when Billy Whiteshoes Johnson was playing... Or back when we used leather helmets... I mean pull out any stat you want. That's what OU fans do best when their team is "underperforming"

Your team needs Enzyte "for natural team enhancement"

jk the sooner fan
10/6/2005, 04:25 PM
Did you *mean* to leave yourself wide open? Are you saying we haven't beaten you *this year* - of course not, that's what Sat is for

And *nobody's* won the Big 12 this year genius. At least we're still in it. After TCU, y'all aren't even playing for pride.

ditto on the Natl Championship - we're in it, you're not.

Now back when Billy Whiteshoes Johnson was playing... Or back when we used leather helmets... I mean pull out any stat you want. That's what OU fans do best when their team is "underperforming"

Your team needs Enzyte "for natural team enhancement"

thanks for proving my point you simpleton......you're whining about us referring to the past when thats all either of us have to go on

good lord you're more dumb than i originally thought

TCU isnt in the Big 12, or were you not aware of that? So, we're 1-0 in Big 12 play, just like you are......

mdklatt
10/6/2005, 04:25 PM
do you think when uterus plays Rice that he spends any amount of time on the Owls board? No...of course not

If they had message boards back in the SWC days and he had actually been born I'm sure he would have been doing just that. UT lost quite a few games to the dregs of the conference then. But nevermind that--anything other than three weeks ago is "ancient history" to the bandwagon fan.

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 04:27 PM
we must not suck too much because he's sure over here trying really hard to prove to us he isnt worried about this game....

earwax is worried, otherwise he wouldnt be trying so hard

If UT sucked, do you think I'd even be *on* this board

prediction... UT 50+ OU 9

SoonerPriv
10/6/2005, 04:29 PM
If UT sucked, do you think I'd even be *on* this board

prediction... UT 50+ OU 9

you're a horn aren't you? a very stupid one at that.

mdklatt
10/6/2005, 04:30 PM
If UT sucked, do you think I'd even be *on* their bandwagon?

Of course not, Bandwagon Horn.

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 04:34 PM
Okay, we suck this year, I admit it. A UT win on Saturday would be completely meaningless, and an OU win would be a complete embarrasment to UT and all of Travis county. Are you happy now?

Finally one of you is comin' around. But I wouldn't call Sat's win meaningless for us.

"We will win the ball game"
- Jimmy Johnson
- Joe Namath
- me

"We will get run out on a rail"
- Bob Stoops

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 04:38 PM
I am gay and our team sucks ...but I am soooooo gay

I couldn't have said it better myself.

(imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)

mdklatt
10/6/2005, 04:40 PM
"We will get run out on a rail"
- Bob Stoops

If Stoops gets fired I'm sure the horns would snap him up. He'd kill to work there too--the ultimate job security. Lose as many games to OU and flush as many "champinship seasons" down the toilet as you want and DeLoss Dodds will still sniff your chair.

mdklatt
10/6/2005, 04:42 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself.

(imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)

But I was clever about it. You? Not so much. You might want to work on the subtlety.

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 04:46 PM
But I was clever about it. You? Not so much. You might want to work on the subtlety.

Clever is coming up with it in the first place

...You're welcome

earlcht77
10/6/2005, 04:50 PM
If Stoops gets fired...

More "comin' around" talk

I like the sound of that

TopDawg
10/6/2005, 04:52 PM
Clever is coming up with it in the first place

...Your welcome

Clever is badly misspelling a word in the same post where you insult someone else's intelligence...then spell-checking the rest of your posts and bragging about your proper spelling.

I will give you credit for this much...you're not afraid to talk about the Oklahoma game. If only your head coach and starting quarterback had as much courage.

TopDawg
10/6/2005, 04:55 PM
Finally one of you is comin' around. But I wouldn't call Sat's win meaningless for us.

Texas has sunk so low that beating a team that alledgedly sucks is now a meaningful victory?

C&CDean
10/6/2005, 05:01 PM
More "comin' around" talk

I like the sound of that

The only thing "comin" is the line of New Orleans transients your mother is orally servicing. Say goodnight whorn. Goodnight whorn.

Soonerus
10/8/2005, 02:51 AM
In all due respect this is a bombiing thread ......