PDA

View Full Version : John Hart out.......

jk the sooner fan
10/4/2005, 03:36 PM
as GM of the Rangers, replaced by Jon Daniels.....

oh happy dayyyyyyy

AustinTXHorn
10/4/2005, 03:51 PM
This is a great day in Ranger history.

Too bad they cast aside Fuson for that awesome extra year of John Hart.

It'll be hard to imagine Daniels being any worse. I'm fairly optimistic about him.

mrowl
10/4/2005, 03:57 PM
What a great day that is scarred by the promotion of Daniels instead of Fuson. bastages.

GrapevineSooner
10/4/2005, 04:47 PM
Now if Hicks will sell the damn team.

jk the sooner fan
10/4/2005, 04:54 PM
and in other Ranger news, carlos almanzar tests positive for steroids and gets a 10 day suspension.......

mrowl
10/4/2005, 05:10 PM
28 Years old?????????? holy crap......... I should have applied.

BeetDigger
10/4/2005, 06:53 PM
Spek to everyone who is happy to see Hart out and is sad that Fuson is not here to replace him.

I guess if Hart gets another shot at a GM job, he can prove that the Cleveland team was because of him or in spite of him. In other words, which team is more representative of his work: Cleveland or Texas.

Scott D
10/4/2005, 06:58 PM
Spek to everyone who is happy to see Hart out and is sad that Fuson is not here to replace him.

I guess if Hart gets another shot at a GM job, he can prove that the Cleveland team was because of him or in spite of him. In other words, which team is more representative of his work: Cleveland or Texas.

I think the showing that Cleveland has had since he left is more indicative that it was Cleveland or perhaps the work of the current GM of Cleveland when he was under Hart.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/4/2005, 07:07 PM
Hart's legacy as Ranger GM: He signed Chan Ho Park.
Oh, and he hired Buck.
Other than that, meh.
Here's hoping Daniels is the next Theo Epstein.

Scott D
10/4/2005, 10:22 PM
actually Ranger fan..be afraid....Hart resigned to move upstairs...if that was possible....still plenty of bad decisions for him to make.

Sooner04
10/4/2005, 10:25 PM
Spek to all who are happy Hart is out and Fuson is in San Diego.

Thanks a million, Tom Hicks!

jk the sooner fan
10/4/2005, 10:40 PM
actually Ranger fan..be afraid....Hart resigned to move upstairs...if that was possible....still plenty of bad decisions for him to make.

if you heard the press conference today, you'd know that hart got fired,........they say he resigned

we'll see hart somewhere else by next season, bank on it

and it would appear Hershiser wont be with the Rangers next year either.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/4/2005, 11:12 PM
Who'll be our pitching coach then?

jk the sooner fan
10/4/2005, 11:27 PM
Who'll be our pitching coach then?

umm, cant remember his full name, but its a guy they are all pretty high on, last name of connor i think....

they want hershiser to come back, but he has higher goals.....and the Dodgers are in need of a manager right now.....

AustinTXHorn
10/4/2005, 11:33 PM
umm, cant remember his full name, but its a guy they are all pretty high on, last name of connor i think....

they want hershiser to come back, but he has higher goals.....and the Dodgers are in need of a manager right now.....
Mark Connor...the bullpen coach right now. I think he was a pitching coach in Toronto a few years back.

04...we gave you Chan Ho Park and your GM tried to trade for a Ranger who had been on the DL for over a month last year. 'Nuff said. :texan:

But I'm glad Astacio is doing well in San Diego. I liked him...even if he did suck as a Ranger. Hope he wins tomorrow.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/4/2005, 11:55 PM
Mark Connor...the bullpen coach right now. I think he was a pitching coach in Toronto a few years back.

04...we gave you Chan Ho Park and your GM tried to trade for a Ranger who had been on the DL for over a month last year. 'Nuff said. :texan:

But I'm glad Astacio is doing well in San Diego. I liked him...even if he did suck as a Ranger. Hope he wins tomorrow.
VOTE FOR PEDRO!
Go Pedro, beat the hated Crapinals tomorrow and all will be forgiven.

GrapevineSooner
10/5/2005, 01:10 AM
Hart's legacy as Ranger GM: He signed Chan Ho Park.
Oh, and he hired Buck.
Other than that, meh.
Here's hoping Daniels is the next Theo Epstein.
I haven't heard too much about Daniels.

Is he a Sabermetrician(sp?) like Theo?

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 06:32 AM
i dont know much about Daniels, but i've not heard anything bad about him, minus his "age"......

hiring a guy thats been in your organization, thats familiar with the fans, team management, players and the issues facing the team, is going to let these problems be addressed immediately......rather than taking the time to go out and look for somebody, and then the time lost with the new guy trying to get ahold of things

no idea if JD will accomplish any of his goals or not, but i'm willing to give him the chance.......do something in the offseason, something to give the fans something to look forward too

Sooner04
10/5/2005, 08:33 AM
04...we gave you Chan Ho Park and your GM tried to trade for a Ranger who had been on the DL for over a month last year. 'Nuff said.

Chan Ho went 4-2 for us. His ERA is a little high, but if his stuff could ever be harnessed he'd be all-world.

Astacio has been a huge surprise. Ol' Petey's stuff has been electric. He's been our #2 for a couple of months now. He's got to pitch well for us Thursday if we've got any hope against the Birds.

BeetDigger
10/5/2005, 08:50 AM
and it would appear Hershiser wont be with the Rangers next year either.

So Orel, or is it Anal?, is moving on?

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 08:53 AM
nothing official, but Orel wanted the GM job, and when asked about it, Hicks said that Hershiser was only 3-4 years removed from being a player

ok i can understand that, but he has more baseball experience than Daniels....

i just think the writing on the wall is there that says Orel will get another job offer elsewhere......they'll keep him here if he doesnt, but he's got too much upside to stay a pitching coach on a losing team for too long

soonerjoker
10/5/2005, 09:25 AM
so they give it to a 28 yr old (nappy haired) genius who has only
4 or 5 years in baseball.
much improvement !!!
actually,of course, that remains to be seen.

AustinTXHorn
10/5/2005, 01:51 PM
Chan Ho went 4-2 for us. His ERA is a little high, but if his stuff could ever be harnessed he'd be all-world.

Astacio has been a huge surprise. Ol' Petey's stuff has been electric. He's been our #2 for a couple of months now. He's got to pitch well for us Thursday if we've got any hope against the Birds.
In Astacio's 3 or 4 good starts as a Ranger, he was a lot of fun to watch. Nasty two seamer and curveball when he was on.

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 01:58 PM
astacio pitched just like Chan ho did here, he just got zero run support while Chan Ho got up around 8