PDA

View Full Version : Serenity

Ike
10/3/2005, 03:12 PM
saw this movie on friday....it rocked my face off.

however, I don't know that it would be as good a movie to people unfamiliar with the TV series. There were a lot of important details that came out in the TV show that I felt that the movie assumed the viewer was already familiar with. Still, I think even the new viewer will be able to pick up on enough of the dynamic of the crew to make this a very enjoyable movie.

I heard in some other reviews that the SFX were not very good, mainly due to the fact that they didnt spend craploads of money on them. I find that position to be absolutely false. I felt like the SFX were pretty seamless, and much better than in the show. the only thing that grated me just a little bit was that for greater 'audience appeal' I guess, they decided to break with the TV shows tradition of keeping everything that happens in outer space silent....as it would be in reality. but the sounds of a couple explosions and stuff wasn't too bad.

I give it a B+

SoonerWood
10/3/2005, 03:38 PM
I never heard of a series called Serenity. What sort of movie is it? Sci-Fi?

Hatfield
10/3/2005, 03:40 PM
It was called Firefly or something like that.

Ike
10/3/2005, 03:43 PM
series was called Firefly...sort of a western in space for those unfamiliar with it. very good, but not really noticed. Serenity is the name of the ship

crawfish
10/3/2005, 03:43 PM
I never heard of a series called Serenity. What sort of movie is it? Sci-Fi?

Sci-Fi western called "Firefly". Rent the box set if you can.

It'll RYFO. If you've got taste, that is. :)

Beano's Fourth Chin
10/3/2005, 03:46 PM
Did they keep the same theme song thing?

Ike
10/3/2005, 03:51 PM
Did they keep the same theme song thing?

unfortunately no. there is music of the same style throughout the movie, but the theme song isn't there. that really disappointed me.

Ike
10/3/2005, 03:59 PM
oh, and one thing that really leapt out at me from the movie....I didn't think that Kaylee could get any hotter, but dayum...she got like 4 time hotter just by putting her on the big screen.

Beano's Fourth Chin
10/3/2005, 04:04 PM
Nice way to fix your spoiler after I already seen it :mad:

http://www.davonline.com/serenity/Serenity_gal/comic/serenity1pg2preview-fr.jpg

Ike
10/3/2005, 04:53 PM
sorry...I hit the submit by accident when I meant to hit preview....my bad.

what were the spoiler tags anyway. I seem to have forgotten them.

JohnnyMack
10/3/2005, 05:49 PM
http://www.iclassics.com/content/assets/selection/60/59348M.jpg

Rhino
3/13/2006, 11:16 AM
I finally watched it this weekend. Great flick.

SoonerBorn
3/13/2006, 11:47 AM
Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

handcrafted
3/13/2006, 11:50 AM
I just saw this recently, too. Really excellent.

On the subject of the theme song from the TV series, I could be mistaken, but I *thought* I heard a kind of instrumental version of it over the end credits.