PDA

View Full Version : DE Standout Chooses Bruins over Sooners, Ducks

Bruins75
9/29/2005, 02:33 AM
http://ucla.scout.com/2/445156.html

OU4LIFE
9/29/2005, 06:15 AM
*whew*, I guess we're lucky that there's still 35 DE's above him that we can pick from.

homo.

mOUse
9/29/2005, 06:16 AM
How 'bout these cooler temps this morning!

Very nice.

Must be close to OU-texas weekend!

mOUse
9/29/2005, 06:18 AM
Do you prefer Folgers, Maxwellhouse, Community....which coffee do you drink in the morning?

I like Community myself.

mrowl
9/29/2005, 06:21 AM
I don't drink coffee... but, I am making some kick *** cinnamon rolls.

mOUse
9/29/2005, 06:24 AM
with or without raisins?

Pillsbury?

Do tell!

OUthunder
9/29/2005, 08:15 AM
Caribou coffee is the shnitz.

No name calling 4life. ;)

OU4LIFE
9/29/2005, 08:33 AM
No name calling.

that's just part of my sig line. ;)

soonerboy_odanorth
9/29/2005, 08:43 AM
Caribou coffee is the shnitz.

'tis, isn't it... I mean... it just whups Starbucks all to Denali and back...

But speakin' of local enjoyments... love your avatar... right up to the point that it flashes that dagnab Yankees emblem...

C'mon dude, you're in Twins territory now! It's time you rooted for a scrappy (and don't you dare remove the "s") little local team instead of the evil empire!

Make the switch. You'll feel better about yourself tomorrow morning.

SoonerWood
9/29/2005, 08:56 AM
What is this Caribou coffee of which you speak? I always love trying new stuff.

I ship my coffee supply in from Peet's every month. 2lbs Major Dickasons and 2 lbs Columbian.

jreed13
9/29/2005, 08:57 AM
Well I cant blame him. UCLA just reached a milestone for their existence by beating OU :rolleyes:

C&CDean
9/29/2005, 09:19 AM
I'll be the first to say - officially - that I don't give a ****.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/29/2005, 09:38 AM
What is this Caribou coffee of which you speak? I always love trying new stuff.

I ship my coffee supply in from Peet's every month. 2lbs Major Dickasons and 2 lbs Columbian.

Caribou is basically a coffee-house chain in the Starbucks mold in the upper Midwest and I believe Rocky Mountain states (*edit: also Northeast and surprisingly expanding in the Southeast) based here in Minneapolis. Except that instead of being artsy-snooty-jazzy, it's laid-back-woodsy-folksy. Kind of feels like you're walking into a Northwoods cabin when you go there.

Not to mention the coffee is supurb. Better, imo, than Starbucks.

They have a seasonal coffee, LaMinita Peaberry (I think, though not sure, it is a *edit: Costa Rican* mountain strain with a very short growing season), which is to die for if you love coffee.

*edit: More info available at www.cariboucoffee.com natch....*

Harry Beanbag
9/29/2005, 10:12 AM
Shouldn't this have been moved to the Coffee Forum?

BoomerJack
9/29/2005, 10:16 AM
All I can say to this is just what I said many years ago when I was told that Eric Dickerson and Craig James commited to play at SMU.

"That's too bad. Neither one will play for a NCAA championship team."

SoonerWood
9/29/2005, 10:17 AM
Shouldn't this have been moved to the Coffee Forum?
Can you point me to that forum? I'd hang out in there prolly 95% of the time.... :D

Texas Golfer
9/29/2005, 10:27 AM
What do we care about this California kid? Everyone knows we get our players from Texas.

jreed13
9/29/2005, 11:56 AM
Hes rated #18 by rivals.com and is a four star. He is also 6'6. We could have used a TE like that. Oh well.

OU4LIFE
9/29/2005, 01:10 PM
Yes we could. too bad he's a DE.

Scott D
9/29/2005, 02:10 PM
sweet more september recruiting smack...I might care if the kid was enrolling in say january.

OU4LIFE
9/29/2005, 02:23 PM
I doubt I would care even then Scott.

Scott D
9/29/2005, 02:36 PM
well I probably wouldn't either..but I never figured out why people think it's so important to throw around march-october recruiting smack.....most of these kids will STILL go on their allotment of official visits, and there is still a chance that something in person will change their minds.

jreed13
9/29/2005, 02:37 PM
Yes we could. too bad he's a DE.

he's a DE according to you or major recruiting services :confused:

jreed13
9/29/2005, 02:40 PM
well I probably wouldn't either..but I never figured out why people think it's so important to throw around march-october recruiting smack.....most of these kids will STILL go on their allotment of official visits, and there is still a chance that something in person will change their minds.

A bunch of 17-18 year old kids changing their minds? Get out ;)

Scott D
9/29/2005, 03:08 PM
A bunch of 17-18 year old kids changing their minds? Get out ;)

heh I'm just sayin'...when I was 17 if I didn't have two bad knees and a bum ankle not to mention a torn quad my senior year I woulda definitely gone on any and all visits...if I'd played football even if I had soft verballed anywhere between my junior and senior years. :)

jreed13
9/29/2005, 03:43 PM
heh I'm just sayin'...when I was 17 if I didn't have two bad knees and a bum ankle not to mention a torn quad my senior year I woulda definitely gone on any and all visits...if I'd played football even if I had soft verballed anywhere between my junior and senior years. :)

heh, that was just my sarcastic way of agreeing with what you said before. My buddies milked their visits for all they were worth.

Scott D
9/29/2005, 03:52 PM
heh, that was just my sarcastic way of agreeing with what you said before. My buddies milked their visits for all they were worth.

heh yeah I know...I just wanted to boast about myself for a moment there...well i guess it wasn't boasting since it was wistfulness :(

in retrospect I should have tried to play naia mens volleyball at hpc

RedstickSooner
9/30/2005, 07:06 AM
"DE Standout Chooses Bruins over Sooners, ducks"

Man, that sucks. Kids really think we're gonna throw things at 'em if they pick some other team over us, now?

I would hope we'd foster a more tolerant attitude about this sort of thing. They're just kids, after all. They shouldn't have to duck & cover just because they decide they don't want to be a Sooner.

This is a sad day for me. Sad, sad day. Sad, and kinda... sleepy. I'm thinking mid-morning nap at the computer, perhaps. Or under the desk. Wherever.