PDA

View Full Version : for all you Normanites - Madu and Broyles

GoOwls
9/28/2005, 06:34 PM
After spending 26+ hours driving from Houston to Norman, I got the chance to catch my NHS Tigers lay a homecoming beating on Moore (can't remember the last time I could say that...).

I was thoroughly impressed by what I saw from Mossis Madu (senior RB) and Ryan Broyles (junior (?) DB). These kids can play! Incredible athleticism from both.

Does anybody have any info regarding what teams are giving them looks? I daresay that the OU coaching staff should be paying very close attention.

Harry Beanbag
9/28/2005, 06:47 PM
Madu is a 2 star prospect and isn't showing any offers yet.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=43621

Broyles is on the Top 100 to Watch list for the class of 2007. I've heard he's supposed to be pretty highly recruited next year.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=40763

okienole3
9/28/2005, 08:08 PM
GoOwls what year did you graduate?

ThatOneGuy
9/28/2005, 09:30 PM
I coached them both their fr. years, and Madu for his so. year too. Madu is a great kid and a very good ball player. He plays hard and has worked very hard to get where he is. He always had talent but a lot of kids have talent. He has done something with his. He has come a long way since his fr. year, and he is the kind of guy you want a team full of. He has a lot of talent, will listen to coaching,he works and trys hard every play.

Ryan Broyles is a different story. This kid is the best athlete that I coached or coached against in the 7 years I coached. He really is a talent. He is a good kid but one that has to be careful that he does not follow the wrong crowd. He has an older and a younger brother as well. I coached the older brother who was a good ball player but fell into trouble outside of school. Everyone I have talked to says the younger brother may be even better than Ryan. He is the only kid ive ever seen truly take over a game. We had games where the other team would load 3 guys on him and he would still catch the ball, push someone down, and outrun everyone for a td. He is a very good hoops player too. He got a lot of playing time on the varsity as a fr.

I think Madu may slip under the radar but whoever goes after him will get a great ball player, it may just take him a year or 2 to mature. I dont think broyles will go under the radar. He will get offers from a lot of D1 schools.

okienole3
9/28/2005, 10:02 PM
You still coach Guy?

GoOwls
9/28/2005, 10:35 PM
I'm a 2003 grad from NHS.

Mossis really impressed me with the angles he took, his cutbacks, and his ability to make it to the corner. It's tough to gauge on a high school field, but he outran everyone on the Moore defense, so he's got speed.

Broyles looked like the most athletic kid on the field, overall. On one play in particular, the Moore QB overthrew a post route, and Ryan outran the receiver (a good 5 yards of separation), and intercepted the ball directly over his head, caught it with his fingertips. I couldn't believe it.

Ryan's older brother was just a year younger than me. He was a great athlete too, kicked my *** in some pickup basketball games...

Also, Mossis' little brother Chika was also impressive, especially for only being a sophomore.

ThatOneGuy
9/29/2005, 12:01 AM
Nope I do not coach anymore