PDA

View Full Version : I believe.

Pages : 1 [2]

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/8/2006, 02:03 PM
I believe I went to college with Dave Aldridge

dolemitesooner
2/8/2006, 02:10 PM
I belive I will be at the game tonight car or not screaming my face off fro my normal seat praying that ou wins

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 04:29 PM
I believe we might be watching OKC's current and future NBA teams playing each other tonight. Of course, I HOPE we're watching OKC's current and future NBA TEAM tonight:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/PrintStory.pl?document_id=2002791270&zsection_id=2002115459&slug=soni08&date=20060208

Sonics could find a suitor in Oklahoma

By Percy Allen
Seattle Times staff reporter

OKLAHOMA CITY — Clay Bennett, a prominent local businessman who led a group of corporate investors that lured the displaced New Orleans Hornets to Oklahoma City, said he is watching with interest the political proceedings involving the Sonics, the Seattle City Council and the Washington State Legislature.

Bennett is keenly aware of the strife building between city officials and the club, which seeks a taxpayer-funded $200 million for renovations to KeyArena. He also read the comments from principal owner Howard Schultz, who said last week that Sonics owners would be forced to sell or move the team unless they receive public assistance.

In a telephone interview Tuesday, Bennett said that he has not been in contact with anyone representing the Sonics, but "we'd be very interested in those discussions and would pursue them vigorously."

Oklahoma City is caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place.
Long before Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast on Aug. 29 and washed the Hornets out of New Orleans, mayor Mick Cornett had pestered NBA commissioner David Stern about relocating to Oklahoma City
Led by Cornett and Bennett, Oklahoma City offered Hornets owner George Shinn an unprecedented package of public and corporate support.

The Hornets were given free rent at 20,000-seat Ford Center as well as furnished apartments for 108 employees and office space for the staff.
If the Hornets fail to earn $40 million this season, the state, the city and a group of local investors will make up the difference up to $10 million.

Bennett said: "I don't have specific info but my sense is they were doing fine."

Doing fine as in selling more than 11,000 season tickets, which, team officials say is sixth in the NBA. Last season, the Hornets were 29th in season-ticket sales.

Attendance has improved by an average of 4,000. The Hornets, last in attendance last season, are now seventh and have likened the crowd to a college environment.

"We won 13 homes games, and I would say they've [fans] had their hands in six of them," coach Byron Scott told The Associated Press. "The energy in the crowds has been a tremendous boost to our team."

The Hornets are 24-23 entering tonight's game against the Sonics (19-29), and if the regular season ended today, they would advance to the playoffs as the No. 7 seed. It's a remarkable feat for a team that finished 18-64 last season.

While the honeymoon between Oklahoma City and the Hornets has been blissful, the marriage wasn't built to last.

A week ago, Stern announced the team would play 35 games at the Ford Center in 2006-07, but said he hoped the team will return to New Orleans full time in 2007-08.

Essentially, Oklahoma City is auditioning for the next 1 ½ years for one of several NBA teams.

The Sonics, Orlando Magic and Sacramento Kings all seek new or improved arenas while the Atlanta Hawks are a habitual candidate for relocation.

"We are acutely interested and very focused on bringing a team to Oklahoma City," Bennett said. "It's a tricky spot to be in because you don't want to overstep your boundaries ... but the Sonics, yes, are a possibility and a team that would do well not just here, but I'm sure anywhere that they played."

Anywhere, perhaps, except Seattle, where the team says it has lost $60 million because of an unfavorable lease that expires in 2010.

Accompanied by deputy mayor Tim Ceis, Sonics CEO and president Wally Walker will present a proposal to the House Finance Committee on Thursday morning in a last-ditch effort to gain support from state lawmakers.

The Sonics seek to extend the King County restaurant and hotel taxes used to build stadiums for the Mariners and Seahawks to pay for KeyArena renovations or a new basketball arena.

Schultz issued a "sell-or-leave" ultimatum in hopes of prompting lawmakers to make a decision before the legislative session ends on March 9. He instructed Walker "to look into alternatives," but said the team has had serious discussions about moving.

There's no denying that Oklahoma City is growing a NBA fan base and trying to create a climate to support major-league pro sports in a place where loyalties between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have ruled for decades.

"If the Hornets go back to New Orleans, I expect we'll get a franchise," Bennett said. "There haven't been any promises made, but there's been a lot of congratulations offered to us and encouragement and recognition. This a bona fide marketplace for the NBA. We've proven that."
I put a couple of lines in bold italics to point out what I have been saying on this board for several years now. One of the main reasons OKC can be an attractive and successful market compared to other cities is because of the lease that can be offered.

Thanks to MAPS, the Ford Center is debt-free. Giving the Hornets free rent isn't a bribe, or a good-will gesture to the team, it's a smart business decision.

It helps keep ticket prices down, which keeps attendance up. Chances are even when a team locates here for good, they will continue to get free rent. Contrast that with Dallas, for instance, where the Mavs have to help pay for a $400 million arena through their rent. Seattle has the same problem, and that is one of the reasons they're failing.

The city still profits from concessions (which they would not be selling without a tenant), and from sales tax on the entertainment dollars spent in Bricktown and the surrounding area on game day. It's a sweet deal for the city, the team, and the fans. All because of a little penny sales tax we don't even pay any more.

yermom
2/8/2006, 10:32 PM
I believe they won a tough game tonight

I believe that 3 to clinch it was amazing

Sooner_Bob
2/8/2006, 10:49 PM
The city still profits from concessions (which they would not be selling without a tenant), and from sales tax on the entertainment dollars spent in Bricktown and the surrounding area on game day. It's a sweet deal for the city, the team, and the fans. All because of a little penny sales tax we don't even pay any more.

You think they'd go for a penny sales tax to support the Sooner_Bob franchise? :D

soonerbrat
2/8/2006, 11:11 PM
I believe that was a fun game to attend. I believe almost the whole crowd stayed til the end.

I believe I won't have a voice tomorrow.

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 11:21 PM
I believe they won a tough game tonight

I believe that 3 to clinch it was amazing
I believe it was the best win of the year. Not a pretty game, mind you, and FAR from the best opponent. But they literally had NO point guard for, like, 30 minutes. Freakin' David West and Desmond Mason were bringing the ball up the court, fercryinoutloud!

I also believe if I were Arvydas I would be asking to be traded. If he can't crack the lineup with small/power forwards running the point, Byron has ZERO confidence. I believe that I would also be traveling light if I were J.R. Smith.

And, I believe they won't win too many more like this if CP3 AND/or Speedy don't get healthy. Quick.

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 11:22 PM
I believe that was a fun game to attend. I believe almost the whole crowd stayed til the end.

Glad you and Jimminy had a good time in the bleeders. I had a hard time seeing the game from where I was because the referees kept getting in my way. ;)

ChickSoonerFan
2/8/2006, 11:24 PM

I believe you stole my parking spot. ;)

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 11:24 PM
Oh, and I believe the face value of my ticket was $350. BigRedJed price: $0. UPGRADE!

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 11:26 PM
I believe you stole my parking spot. ;)
You could have sat in my seats. They were empty, because I got an UPGRADE! :P

TOTP, nosebleed sitters!

ChickSoonerFan
2/8/2006, 11:28 PM
You could have sat in my seats. They were empty, because I got an UPGRADE! :P

TOTP, nosebleed sitters!

oh sure...NOW you offer....how so very kind of you. :rolleyes:

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 11:28 PM
I believe this was the view from my seat:

http://www.nba.com/media/hornets/CPaul_374_060208.jpg

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 11:30 PM
Of course, I believe there was generally a referee or a Honeybee or a millionaire standing between me and the action.

RacerX
2/8/2006, 11:33 PM
Let the sonics go to NO.

Jimminy Crimson
2/8/2006, 11:34 PM
I believe CP3 was standing to my right in his street clothes. :(

I also believe that Butler is money. Cold. Hard. Cash.

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 11:35 PM
I believe CP3's *** is broke.

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 11:36 PM
I also believe he was still schooling Ridnour, even with a broke ***.

Jimminy Crimson
2/8/2006, 11:40 PM
I believe he has a broke *** and broke (bruised) ribs. Not BBQ ribs, though. That would be tasty, I believe.

I believe Nick Collison needs to shave, or at least donate it to Robert Swift. :eddie:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/8/2006, 11:42 PM
I believe that I am ****ed that I gave blood at work instead of at OBI so I didn't get free tickets.

Paperclip
2/8/2006, 11:46 PM
I believe I went to college with Dave Aldridge

Heh.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/8/2006, 11:47 PM
Heh.I believe you are the only person on here who would see the humour in that.

Jimminy Crimson
2/8/2006, 11:49 PM
I believe a SF.com pregame is in order in the next few weeks before a game.

IN

I also believe Boarder was doing the Macarena tonight. :cool:

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 11:50 PM
Collision was inbounding literally 3-4 feet away from us, directly in front. The crowd got really quiet for a moment and bigredsooner rolled up his program, put it up to his mouth megaphone stylie, and hollered "KANSAS SUCKS!!" Juvenile, but hilarious, I believe.

Jimminy Crimson
2/8/2006, 11:53 PM
I belive 'BROKEBACK' is something funny, yet juvenile, to yell while opponents shoot freethrows. ;)

soonerbrat
2/8/2006, 11:54 PM
I believe there were some Brokeback cowboys in the next section.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/8/2006, 11:56 PM
I believe a SF.com pregame is in order in the next few weeks before a game.

IN

I also believe Boarder was doing the Macarena tonight. :cool:I believe if you tell me I will be there even without tickets.

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 11:57 PM
I believe there were some Brokeback cowboys in the next section.
I thought that was you and Jimminy. But my contacts were acting up. I believe.

soonerbrat
2/8/2006, 11:59 PM
I thought that was you and Jimminy. But my contacts were acting up. I believe.

no..i don't wear cowboy hats.

Jimminy Crimson
2/9/2006, 12:00 AM
I believe the general populus might be able to get tickets for this next Mondays game against Washington - or against Utah on the 22nd. Haven't checked ticketmaster, though.

I believe Earl's Rib Palace might be the pregame destination of choice. :oink:

Jimminy Crimson
2/9/2006, 12:01 AM
But my contacts were acting up. I believe.

I believe Speedy had some eyedrops you could have used. :(

BigRedJed
2/9/2006, 12:03 AM
Heck, you can get tix for the Jazz game just by opening an account at MidFirst, I believe. SHOW ME THE CRAPPY HOOP!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/9/2006, 12:08 AM
Heck, you can get tix for the Jazz game just by opening an account at MidFirst, I believe. SHOW ME THE CRAPPY HOOP!I believe those would be crappy and I am a Chase customer/

Jimminy Crimson
2/9/2006, 12:09 AM
I believe those would be crappy and I am a Chase customer/

I believe free tickets aren't ever crappy. ...and I believe if you just put a few hundy in there, you can have an OU check card. :D

OklahomaTrombone
2/9/2006, 12:10 AM
I believe I'm gonna try to make it down for the Nets game on March 12th

Jimminy Crimson
2/9/2006, 12:16 AM

I believe I will buy you a beer for making the trip down the pike.

OklahomaTrombone
2/9/2006, 12:17 AM
I believe I just have to find tickets that aren't 140 dollars.

GottaHavePride
2/9/2006, 01:21 AM

That's my birthday!

Paperclip
2/9/2006, 09:54 PM
I believe you are the only person on here who would see the humour in that.

Married a friend of mine actually.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/9/2006, 11:01 PM
Married a friend of mine actually.I believe Dave Aldridge married a girl who dated Brandon P. in college. She was a nursing major and a Theta if I am not mistaken.

Jimminy Crimson
2/10/2006, 12:17 AM
I believe CP3 was on OU's campus today at the OBI blood drive.

I believed they were going to send someone like Lampe or Bass for the appearance. I was wrong. Willis Reed also made an appearance, as well.

I also believe there are PEEMS for a reason. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 02:49 PM
I believe in Moochie Norris!

soonerbrat
2/13/2006, 02:59 PM
I believe we needed a backup point guard.

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2006, 11:40 PM
I believe in David West!

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060214/capt.oktr10302140353.hornets_wizards_basketball_ok tr103.jpg

HO-LEE CRAP!

Money. That's all I gotta say. :D

Jimminy Crimson
2/14/2006, 12:06 AM
I believe I jumped on my chair after the shot went in.

DX for the win!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/LongJohn81/westgamewinner.jpg

sitzpinkler
2/14/2006, 12:26 AM
this was the first NBA game I've ever been to, and what an inaugural game it was

I believe we're going to keep this team

GottaHavePride
2/14/2006, 12:48 AM
Ah bleeve...

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/miss/galleries/mizzou-arena-cableguy/LTCG-with-guitar.jpg

BigRedJed
3/9/2006, 03:32 PM
I believe these are a couple of GREAT reads on the Hornets. I also believe they are too long to post here, so quitcherbitchin', block off a little free time, and get to readin' (the first one is a story on the economics of bringing back pro sports to NOLA, and shows the difference between OKC and San Antonio's approach to hosting the NOLA teams):

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2358895&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1 (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2358895&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1)

And a great one on Chris Paul:

http://www.nola.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/sports-2/1141840258260880.xml

OklahomaTrombone
3/9/2006, 03:34 PM
I believe we need an official planner for our SF.com get together before the Hornet/Nets game.

Czar Soonerov
4/15/2006, 07:46 PM
I believe BRJ almost knocked Kevin Bookout on his a55 last night.

Mjcpr
4/15/2006, 07:52 PM
I believe BRJ almost knocked Kevin Bookout on his a55 last night.

Can I have $10 on Bookout please?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/15/2006, 08:36 PM
I believe I am sad the home season is over. :(

Mjcpr
4/15/2006, 08:38 PM
I believe I am sad the home season is over. :(

Won't they be in OKC from now on?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/15/2006, 09:50 PM
At least next season. But I believe they will be our team no matter what Stern says.

GottaHavePride
4/16/2006, 12:00 AM
Ah b'leeve...

http://image.listen.com/img/356x237/2/7/5/5/695572_356x237.jpg

Jimminy Crimson
4/16/2006, 12:38 AM
Won't they be in OKC from now on?

Yes, but that's not the point. We have to wait until preseason for some good ol' Hornets bball. Time to study up on the NBA draft or sumpthin... :O

I believe it was nice to see a healthy contingent of South Ovarians at "THE HIVE" yesterday.

GottaHavePride
4/16/2006, 12:39 AM
Oh, and you would NOT believe how easy it is to find pics of SoonerBoarder on the inerweb. ;)

Viking Kitten
4/17/2006, 09:19 AM
I believe you folks in Loud City can all kiss my ***.

Boarder
4/17/2006, 09:50 AM
Oh, and you would NOT believe how easy it is to find pics of SoonerBoarder on the inerweb. ;)
So, if someone asks you to post them, you will get them done? :D

soonerbrat
4/17/2006, 10:15 AM
i believe some chick took my picture for some magazine when i was at the game the other night. i also believe monica and i were seen on the "big screen" dancing.

BigRedJed
4/19/2006, 10:35 AM
I believe that's called "Buzzvision."

hurricane'bone
5/8/2006, 10:04 PM
In today's duh moment:

OKLAHOMA CITY -- New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul, who led all first-year players in points, assists, steals and other categories, will be named the NBA's Rookie of the Year.

Chris Paul
Point Guard
NO/Oklahoma City Hornets

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
78 16.1 5.1 7.8 .430 .847

A person within the league told The Associated Press of Paul's award Monday on condition of anonymity because the official announcement was scheduled for Wednesday. Paul is scheduled to be in New Orleans that day for a team-related function.

Paul was drafted as the No. 4 overall pick in the 2005 NBA draft, and he quickly emerged as one of the Hornets' best players. Among rookies, he ranked first in points (16.1), assists (7.8), steals (2.2), double-doubles (21), minutes played (36.4) and triple doubles (2).

"I couldn't have asked for a better rookie season," Paul said after the Hornets' season ended in mid-April.

With Paul running the show, the Hornets improved from 18 wins last season to 38 this season and stayed in the playoff chase until the final week of the season. He joined Brevin Knight (1997-98) as the only NBA rookies ever to lead the league in steals, with 175.

The selection was hardly a surprise. Paul, who left Wake Forest after his sophomore season, won all six Rookie of the Month honors in the Western Conference and was the only unanimous selection to the NBA's All-Rookie Team last week. Others selected to that team by league head coaches were Toronto's Charlie Villanueva, Milwaukee's Andrew Bogut, Utah's Deron Williams and New York's Channing Frye.

In an interview with The Associated Press before word of Paul's selection came out, team owner George Shinn spoke about his rookie star without being prompted.

"I learned a long time ago that the difference in a good player and a great player is character, and Chris Paul is character right from the soles of his feet to the top of his head," Shinn said.

Paul will try out for the U.S. national team this summer and plans to hold basketball camps back home in North Carolina and in Oklahoma City. He also announced plans Monday for a "Winston-Salem Weekend" in North Carolina this September to benefit his charitable foundation, the CP3 Foundation.

"Winning the award wouldn't have been possible without my teammates," Paul told The Times-Picayune of New Orleans in a story posted on its Web site Monday. "Guys like David West and Speedy Claxton made things easier for me. I just tried to play the same way every game."

oh and:

Shinn Says New Orlean's Lack Of Progress "Depressing" (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2438116)

Jimminy Crimson
5/8/2006, 10:09 PM
I believe I will be at the Hive on Wednesday 'round noon.

I also believe the #12 and #15 picks will be nice contributors for the near future.

BigRedJed
5/8/2006, 10:16 PM
Even before Katrina hit in August, the Hornets averaged a league-low 14,221 fans in 2004-05 as the team went 18-64. When the team made the playoffs the year before, the Hornets average attendance was 14,332.

"If you look at our gross before and now our gross here from the arena standpoint is almost double what it was in New Orleans. As a matter of fact, it is double," Shinn said.

"From a pure business model, if I was just a cold-hearted businessman the decision would be pretty easy but I've got to make the decision based on my head and my heart. I really do. I think it's very important to use good judgment. And if the state's willing to protect us, make sure we don't get hit hard, I'll ride it out."

However, Shinn said he doesn't think that Louisiana should offer to write the Hornets a check to ensure their financial success.

"I don't think they should do that because to me there are more important things to get done than having a basketball team. I think they've got to get the families back first and then worry about a basketball team," Shinn said. "That's my opinion, but I'm not one of the politicians in Louisiana."
The italics are mine, but if you read between the lines it is exactly what I've been saying; they are positioning this thing so that from a PR standpoint they can throw up their hands and say "well, we tried, but it just doesn't make sense right now."

I believe the Hornets aren't going anywhere.

BigRedJed
5/8/2006, 10:19 PM
In other words, he's going to say, "we definitely want to come back, but we have to have economic guarantees that we don't go bankrupt for doing the right thing." The city and state can't afford to give money to an NBA team to stay, and NBA owners won't subsidize a million each per year for the foreseeable future, either. If the city or state did try to give money to the Hornets to stay, there would be a national outcry.

I seriously don't see any scenarios whereby they return to NOLA in the next five years. I believe that when the NBA returns to the Crescent City, it will be a team OTHER than the Hornets.

hurricane'bone
5/8/2006, 10:22 PM
I believe I wish I didn't have to buy a new computer so I could have bought a mini-season plan like I was planning.

Jimminy Crimson
5/8/2006, 10:25 PM
I also believe there are certain people who are employed by the Hornets organization who have, lets just say a healthy amount of income, who want to make an investment and are downright giddy as to the ameneties of said investment in our fair state. I believe a larger investment is needed in NOLA for a return of comparable ameneties.

BigRedJed
7/18/2006, 04:42 PM
I believe George Shinn is screwed.

Jimminy Crimson
7/18/2006, 04:48 PM
I believe the phrase 'poop or get off the pot' has come into play for Mr. Shinn

C&CDean
7/18/2006, 04:49 PM
I believe I just had a Jed sighting.

yermom
7/18/2006, 04:50 PM
i believe they should trade the Supersonics to NOLA for the Hornets :P

BigRedJed
7/20/2006, 05:19 PM
I believe that the Honeybees squad, much like the team, has significantly improved during the off-season.

http://www.nba.com/media/hornets/Fullsize_Honeybees0607_18Jul2006.JPG

bri
7/20/2006, 05:24 PM
I believe that's called "Buzzvision."

I believe "Buzzvision" is what accounts for 98% of all sex with fat chicks.

OU4LIFE
7/26/2006, 05:37 AM
I believe that I had a hole in one, and it needs to be listed in this thread.

I also believe it was a thing of beauty.

OU4LIFE
8/1/2006, 11:16 AM
I believe I CAN'T believe no one is talking about my hole-in-one from a week ago.

1stTimeCaller
8/1/2006, 11:19 AM
It seems like it was just yesterday that that happened.

OU4LIFE
8/1/2006, 12:25 PM
I believe It feels like forever.

Howzit
8/1/2006, 01:24 PM
I believe it feels like forever we've been hearing about your hole-in-one.

IB4OU2
8/1/2006, 01:29 PM

I believe forever and a day. :)

OUstudent4life
8/1/2006, 01:40 PM
I believe the Hornets are playing their home opener in NOLA.

I believe that succs.

OU4LIFE
8/1/2006, 01:46 PM

I believe that was spoken like a true hole-in-one not-haver.

Howzit
8/1/2006, 01:47 PM
I believe OU4LIFE is a thread rule breaker.

OU4LIFE
8/1/2006, 01:53 PM
I believe heh.

Howzit
8/1/2006, 01:55 PM
I believe :D

BigRedJed
8/1/2006, 02:22 PM
I believe the Hornets are playing their home opener in NOLA.

I believe that succs.
I believe it shouldn't surprise people who have read my OKC NBA fans thread. George Shinn needs to make NOLA work, since he is being forced to return there. He's going to be kissing their asses all season at OKC's expense. Get ready for it.

BigRedJed
9/21/2006, 06:58 PM
I believe it was a year ago today the Hornets announced temporary relocation to OKC.

Jimminy Crimson
9/22/2006, 02:58 AM
I believe October 10th can't come soon enough.

:les: BEAT THE MAVS!

yermom
9/22/2006, 08:27 AM
I believe i heard something about an option to stay a 3rd year?

hurricane'bone
9/22/2006, 08:35 AM
Hump/Dean-o/Al were talking about it last night on the Animal.

colleyvillesooner
9/22/2006, 08:56 AM
I believe October 10th can't come soon enough.

:les: BEAT THE MAVS!

Not gonna happen my friend. :D

BigRedJed
9/22/2006, 11:48 AM
I believe the third year option is because they are desperately trying to hold onto the OKC market and know NOLA will be a suicide mission. While it's possible OKC will grant them the option, I believe the NBA will force them to relocate to NOLA.

yermom
9/22/2006, 12:48 PM
I believe you're telling me there's a chance

StoopTroup
9/22/2006, 12:49 PM
I believe it's about time for a drink.

Jimminy Crimson
9/22/2006, 02:05 PM
Not gonna happen my friend. :D

Hey, its the preseason! :D

colleyvillesooner
9/22/2006, 02:08 PM
Hey, its the preseason! :D

That's right. We'll let you have this one. :D

BigRedJed
9/22/2006, 03:04 PM
I believe you're telling me there's a chance
I believe there is an EXTREMELY small chance. I believe if OKC granted the option, it would only be because they believe the NBA ultimately won't allow it, and they want to avoid the PR hit they'd take by denying the option. I believe the best chance OKC has of getting the Hornets in the long run is for them to go back to NOLA ASAP, so that the failure happens more quickly.

I believe there is no way the Hornets now stay in OKC long term with George Shinn as the owner.

I also believe that if the Seattle arena deal doesn't work out (I still believe it will, more than likely), the NBA wants a full season between the departure of the Hornets and the arrival of the Sonics (which could happen no sooner than the '08-'09 season). A season with no hoop will make it more likely for OKC Hornets fans to embrace the Sonics if they come here. Yet another reason a third OKC season is unlikely for the Hornets.

BigRedJed
9/22/2006, 03:07 PM
I also believe I will be at the Ford Center for every game, cheering like the Hornets are going to be here FOREVER.