PDA

View Full Version : Hornets season tickets.............

SOONER44EVER
9/21/2005, 09:20 AM
...............on sale now. Season tickets $999 lower level for 35 games. That seems like a bargain to me.

nanimonai
9/21/2005, 09:39 AM
I wonder how they're going to work that out if they play some games in Baton Rouge?

SOONER44EVER
9/21/2005, 09:47 AM
I wonder how they're going to work that out if they play some games in Baton Rouge?
They said there will only be 4 or 5 games in Baton Rouge.

bobnurse
9/21/2005, 01:02 PM
I hope we sell the ford center out, so maybe we can get a pro team in the near future.

Jimminy Crimson
9/21/2005, 01:38 PM
6 games in Baton Rouge. All Western Conference teams, which you play twice at home, meaning we will get to see every team play in OKC.

nanimonai
9/21/2005, 01:42 PM
You know it's going to be sold out the first 10 or so games. It'll be interesting to see how it's still doing around March and April. I can't afford season tix but I'll be sure to go to some games.

SOONER44EVER
9/21/2005, 06:20 PM
Rohde just made a great point. NBA basketball at Blazers prices!

Soonerus
9/21/2005, 07:52 PM
If we sellout the Ford Center we will keep the Hornets for years to come...realistically they cannot go back to New Orleans...This is well known in the "inner circle"....

TUSooner
9/21/2005, 09:44 PM
If we sellout the Ford Center we will keep the Hornets for years to come...realistically they cannot go back to New Orleans...This is well known in the "inner circle"....

As far as I'm concerned OKC can keep them.

Yours truly,
Mr. Irrational N.B.A. Hater

Jimminy Crimson
9/21/2005, 09:58 PM
I've got a deposit on a pair.

Looks like we've got a lot of SF.com season ticket holders.

Sooner24
9/21/2005, 10:52 PM
If you drove to Ardmore, picked me up in a limo, drove me to the Ford Center, put me center court on the floor and bought my refreshments during the game I MIGHT GO TO AN NBA GAME but that's a pretty big might. On second thought just go ahead and count me out. :D

King Crimson
9/21/2005, 11:07 PM
if they don't get to about .500 (hornets won 18 games last year), they will never draw in the longterm in Oklahoma.

not at NBA prices.

Jimminy Crimson
9/21/2005, 11:39 PM
if they don't get to about .500 (hornets won 18 games last year), they will never draw in the longterm in Oklahoma.

not at NBA prices.

Well lucky for us, tickets start at CHL prices!

badger
9/22/2005, 12:07 PM
Well lucky for us, tickets start at CHL prices!

that is true. i am going to have to convince my boyfriend or a group of people here at ou to go to games now, specifically the bucks game. think that'll be difficult to get tix to (players include TJ Ford and Andrew Bogut)?

Jimminy Crimson
9/22/2005, 02:56 PM
Not necessarily.

Though you might want to put a deposit down for a package and see if you can get that game included. Just a thought.

nanimonai
9/23/2005, 02:58 AM

not at NBA prices.

It's interesting because nobody seems to be going to see the Hornets play. They're going to watch the other teams.

Once the novelty of the NBA being in town wears off, the Hornets have to develop a fanbase in Oklahoma if they stay. The Hornets are one of the 2 worst teams in the NBA (Atlanta being the other). How many people are going to get behind a team that basically will get their butts kicked every night?

They're in a tough division with San Antonio, Dallas, Houston and Memphis. It's like the Big 12 South and the Hornets are Baylor.

Personally I just enjoy watching basketball so I'll go no matter what but I'm just one guy.

nanimonai
9/23/2005, 03:03 AM
Of course maybe moving to Oklahoma might be just the voodoo they need to start beating those Texas teams. ;)