jreed13
9/21/2005, 12:06 AM
Height: 6-foot-7
Weight: 230 pounds
40-yard dash: 4.6 seconds

TE/WR

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=31175

http://ardmoreite.com/images/110203/ahs2LR.jpg

The guy is a physical specimen. Has the talent to play wherever he wants to but I hope he stays in state. We are thin at TE after this year and he could see some immediate playing time.

sooneron
9/21/2005, 09:10 AM
I heard he's something of a "me" guy. Any truth to that?

jreed13
9/21/2005, 09:12 AM
No clue. All I know is that we need TEs real real bad and one of the nations best is in our own backyard. Stoops has a way of handling the "me" guys anyways.

Sooner04
9/21/2005, 09:27 AM
Jermaine Gresham has never played a down at TE.

Basically, he's a 6'7'' basketball player with below average hands who is prone to taking plays off. He has no clue when it comes to blocking.

And he wants to go to either Miami or Texas.

CrimsonHelmet
9/21/2005, 10:24 AM
Preach on, brother.

If he's such a great player, and a physical specimen, why has he never played a down of defense? Some of his "less-talented" teammates play both ways, but not Gresham. Aren't you curious about why? Aren't you curious why he's never played a single snap at TE?

The next time Gresham actually hits someone will be his first.

jreed13
9/21/2005, 11:25 AM
This is the advantage that the message board has over rivals. These ardmore boys come out of the woodwork and you get the real scoop.

jreed13
9/21/2005, 12:21 PM
Preach on, brother.

If he's such a great player, and a physical specimen, why has he never played a down of defense? Some of his "less-talented" teammates play both ways, but not Gresham. Aren't you curious about why? Aren't you curious why he's never played a single snap at TE?

The next time Gresham actually hits someone will be his first.

All I know Is what I read of Rivals.com and SoonerSpectator and online articles etc. I posted this thread on soonerfans for this exact reason. Inside info :D

CrimsonHelmet
9/21/2005, 12:33 PM
I apologize for being harsh, but the kid has skills the rest of us would have sacrificed a body part to have.

And he plays like a girl.

He doesn't like to hit, likes being hit even less. I don't know how you can compete at any D-1 school if you are afraid of contact. I just hope OU doesn't waste a scholarship on him, at least for football.

Think back to your high school days. What would you give to be 6'7", 230 lbs with 4.6 speed? He plays in a classification where the average football player is probably 5'11", 170 lbs. He TOWERS over every player on the field. And he won't hit anyone???? If you were the biggest player on the field EVERY TIME you played a game, wouldn't you be laying some people OUT??????

I can't speak for you, but for me, they'd have to have the ambulance and EMTs on retainer, because someone's gonna get carted off the field every game. I'm the biggest player on the field, I'm using my size/speed ratio every game to bring the wood. I'm Bosworth on HGH.

He won't hit, so the coaches put him at a position where he doesn't have to hit anyone. Can you imagine what 6"7", 230, 4.6 would be at Defensive End? The coaches don't even try, because it would be a waste of time.

He plays like a girl.

Sooner_Bob
9/21/2005, 01:58 PM
I ran a 4.6 in the 8th grade . . .

Scott D
9/21/2005, 04:54 PM
hmm

height...check
speed at 18...check
weight...he has me there I was only 185.

sooner13f
9/21/2005, 09:14 PM
I read a few interviews with this kid and I was not impressed at all. I was excited to see a major TE in the state of OK, but now I'm not sure.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/25/2005, 08:20 PM
My dad taught his older brother at Ardmore and he said he was as dumb as a box of rocks, and from what I have heard so is this kid.

Sooner04
9/25/2005, 08:25 PM
No, no. Jermaine is an Ivy League grad compared to his brother, Jimmie.

Perhaps MENSA is more correct.

jreed13
10/4/2005, 08:59 AM
Gresham, the state's No. 2 player and fellow Rivals100 member, will lead the No. 1 ranked Ardmore Tigers onto the field against McCoy and the Southeast Spartans on Friday night in a rare match-up of the state's two most highly touted prospects.

To this point in the year, Gresham has been completely unstoppable, shredding one defense after another. Don't expect McCoy to drop into coverage anytime soon, but he does have an idea what needs to take place to slow the superstar.

"We're going to have to swarm to the ball, need everyone trying to wrap him up and take him down quickly," he said. "Jermaine so far has just been terrorizing people.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/4/2005, 11:27 PM
Jump off the Gresham train. Friends of mine said that he called Stoops up wanting tickets to the K-State game, and he got them. Only reason he didn't go was because Ardmore played Lawton Mac on Saturday. He's just getting the most out of Stoops, he wants to go to Miami.

Sooner04
10/5/2005, 08:35 AM
Let's see. A tight end who can't block. Who has sub-par hands and who is afraid of contact.

Yeah, that'll work.

Mjcpr
10/5/2005, 09:17 AM
Let's see. A tight end who can't block. Who has sub-par hands and who is afraid of contact.

Yeah, that'll work.
You can never say no to an Academic All-American.

Sooner24
10/5/2005, 12:42 PM
You can never say no to an Academic All-American.

Then it shouldn't be hard to say no to Jermaine. :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/7/2005, 12:00 AM
hmm

height...check
speed at 18...check
weight...he has me there I was only 185.

heh, i was 5'10 but smoked a 4.48 in the 40 - had to run it 5 more times cause the coaches couldn't believe it.

OUGreg723
10/7/2005, 10:20 PM
This is so weird. I have heard people say this guy is going to be the greatest TE to ever play the game. Then I hear you guys saying all this bad stuff... I am lost. I was really looking forward to this kid. But if this kid is so soft, dont you think Stoops would see that? I have no idea I have never seen him play, but you guys have sure got me wondering.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/7/2005, 10:46 PM
He is an outstanding athlete, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion football is made up of two parts, athleticism and intelligence. You can most certainly do one without the other, but you are a true player when you can use both.

OUGreg723
10/8/2005, 07:34 AM
He is an outstanding athlete, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion football is made up of two parts, athleticism and intelligence. You can most certainly do one without the other, but you are a true player when you can use both.

True story. spek.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/8/2005, 10:26 AM
not so sure about the intelligence part, if you are tough, you can overcome that (see marshall, torrance)...

fireflyagency
10/8/2005, 08:02 PM
my brother played for ardmore a couple years ago when gresham was young....he still has friends on the team i know and i ran into 2 of them the other night....both say gresham does not condition right and is lazy....flat out lazy....they confirm he has never blocked or played TE....i dont think he would be able to handle ou....reminds me of moe.....just lazy

jreed13
10/8/2005, 09:01 PM
I believe the first hand accounts a lot more than I do rivals, Im jsut suprised that rivals could be that far off. They have him as the #2 TE in the nation. Wonder what happened...

Scott D
10/8/2005, 10:16 PM
hmm..from what I'm hearing....no thanks, we've already got one Quentin Chaney on the roster..do we really need two?

CrimsonHelmet
10/10/2005, 10:57 AM
"...Im jsut suprised that rivals could be that far off...."

You must be kidding. You must be one of those guys that actually pays Rivals money to tell you who's great.

None of those guys knows football. They simply compile information from those doing the recruiting and disseminate it. "X" offers equals "X" stars. That's about all they can do. To personally scout and evaluate thousands of high school, and juco, players is beyond their capacity. Beyond anyone's capacity, really.

Those of us who've watched him for three years know. He's lazy and soft. And I don't know how in the world you can be competitive in D-1 football, at any school, if you're afraid of contact. Show me the non-contact position on the football field??? He gets away with it in high school, you can't avoid it in college.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/10/2005, 01:07 PM
they have video on just about every rated recruit, that isn't really the difficult part. the issue is what they are looking for. they are going to take the most athletically gifted players regardless of skill and make them at the top unless their skills are just so bad that they have to declare them as "raw" like lendy holmes. why? because those are the kids that are going to be drafted and that is what people compare recruiting rankings with.

for example, their #1 running backs have been kevin jones, peterson, reggie bush, and fason out of florida. all of them are due to be drafted high in the draft. wow, they picked correctly. no one remembers that 1 stars came out of no where to be all americans or that 1/2 of the 5 and 4 *'s never finished college.

WolfCop
10/30/2005, 08:39 PM
not so sure about the intelligence part, if you are tough, you can overcome that (see marshall, torrance)...

Can you say DEXTER MANLEY?

Ardmore_Sooner
11/1/2005, 03:02 PM
Can you say DEXTER MANLEY?

Sure I can say it, but can Dexter spell it?