PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for Pasadena!!

soonersam
9/13/2005, 05:44 PM
Yo Yo... The "make or break game" of the season has now arrived !! Who will be in LALA Land for the festivities? We (9) will be tailgating and testing our liver filtering abitlities. If anyone would like to join us feel free to call me at 555-1234. We plan on teaching the SoCal folks a few thing about 3.2 beer and football Knoldge...Private Message me if your wanting the details or [email protected]...... Does anyone else have plans before the game????

SoonerJLB
9/13/2005, 06:13 PM
Boomer Sooner! I will probably leave my house about 9:00 a.m. to get a mean Tailgater on.

SoCal
9/13/2005, 06:21 PM
I just hope Peterson is on the field!

soonersam
9/13/2005, 06:27 PM
I just hope Peterson is on the field!
Replace field with class!!!
Because all that really matters ,, Is he getting a education?????

ArtyBruin
9/13/2005, 06:31 PM
Like about 8:00 AM

The Rose Bowl parking lots will get full fast.

soonersam
9/13/2005, 06:33 PM
I looked at the rose bowl on Google-Earth .. The Rose Bowl is a few paking spaces short of a mini-mall

SactoSooner
9/13/2005, 06:36 PM
If y'all want to join some of us from SF for a drink afterward at the Yardhouse, see the details posted in these threads.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48047
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48016&page=1

So far we have about 15 people coming from all over the west coast and Oklahoma. :D

SoonerPriv
9/13/2005, 09:22 PM
i'll be there. i'm coming in from Vegas on a party bus i'm not sure what time we'll actually be at the Rose Bowl.

Oldnslo
9/13/2005, 09:23 PM
I'll be there. Flying in from Vegas, but I'm also flying right back out after the game.

SoonerPriv
9/13/2005, 09:27 PM
I'll be there. Flying in from Vegas, but I'm also flying right back out after the game.

SF Vegas party.. :D

batonrougesooner
9/13/2005, 09:30 PM
January or this weekend? ;)

Bruins75
9/13/2005, 09:32 PM
Just a few notes. As I posted under another thread, I recommend taking the shuttle bus from Parkinson's Engineering at Fair Oaks and Colorado down to the Arroyo Seco. If you want to park in Arroyo, and it is very picturesque down there, get there early...it fills up fast. If you are staying in a hotel in Old Town Pasadena you can walk down to the Arroyo.

Alcohol is not served inside the Rose Bowl. Hard-side coolers are not allowed. You can bring in backpacks with water. As long as you don't have anything in your backpack that could become a harmful projectile you can usually bring it in.

Do NOT eat the regular concession hot dogs ...yeccch!

Bring plenty of water and sunblock if you are fair skinned. The sun in the RB can be brutal. I always bring in water.

There is virtually no room between your knees and the seat in front of you and very little room to stash anything under your seat, so I recommend keeping what you bring in to a minimum.

The weather has been very pleasant here and it should be a beautiful day in the RB.

As far as seeing both the UCLA and USC games, keep in mind that it will take you about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours to get out of the Arroyo after the game. I would recommend catching the USC game on TV, as once you get to the Coliseum (sp?) you will have to schlep quite a ways from wherever you park and it is not the best neighborhood in the Western Hemisphere.

If you need any other info, let me know...have been going to the RB since the Bruin's moved there in 1982. It's a great place to see a game as long as your seats are not too low...anything above Row 30 will be great.

Hoping for a Bruin win and then after that a game with no injuries. Enjoy your visit out here. I hope it is a pleasant one in all respects save one.

soonersam
9/13/2005, 09:36 PM
Just a few notes. As I posted under another thread, I recommend taking the shuttle bus from Parkinson's Engineering at Fair Oaks and Colorado down to the Arroyo Seco. If you want to park in Arroyo, and it is very picturesque down there, get there early...it fills up fast. If you are staying in a hotel in Old Town Pasadena you can walk down to the Arroyo.

Alcohol is not served inside the Rose Bowl. Hard-side coolers are not allowed. You can bring in backpacks with water. As long as you don't have anything in your backpack that could become a harmful projectile you can usually bring it in.

Do NOT eat the regular concession hot dogs ...yeccch!

Bring plenty of water and sunblock if you are fair skinned. The sun in the RB can be brutal. I always bring in water.

There is virtually no room between your knees and the seat in front of you and very little room to stash anything under your seat, so I recommend keeping what you bring in to a minimum.

The weather has been very pleasant here and it should be a beautiful day in the RB.

As far as seeing both the UCLA and USC games, keep in mind that it will take you about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours to get out of the Arroyo after the game. I would recommend catching the USC game on TV, as once you get to the Coliseum (sp?) you will have to schlep quite a ways from wherever you park and it is not the best neighborhood in the Western Hemisphere.

If you need any other info, let me know...have been going to the RB since the Bruin's moved there in 1982. It's a great place to see a game as long as your seats are not too low...anything above Row 30 will be great.

Hoping for a Bruin win and then after that a game with no injuries. Enjoy your visit out here. I hope it is a pleasant one in all respects save one.
Thanks!!!!!!!!

SactoSooner
9/13/2005, 09:37 PM

Boooo! Would have been fun to meet you.

Oldnslo
9/14/2005, 10:15 AM
Boooo! Would have been fun to meet you.
So... you're not going to the SF LV party?

by the way, where is the SF LV party? :)

badger
9/14/2005, 10:34 AM
band heads out friday morning.we're bringing 100 to UCLA.

SoonerPriv
9/14/2005, 10:35 AM
So... you're not going to the SF LV party?

by the way, where is the SF LV party? :)

lol. I just suggested it. who besides us two will be in Vegas next weekend? I usually hang out at MGM or Paris/Bally's.

The Maestro
9/14/2005, 10:38 AM
I realize the Bruin faithful are just trying to be helpful, but getting info from them on parking, time allotment and gameday preparations is like getting it from someone in Stillwater. We tailgate in Norman, Dallas, College Station, etc. I think we can manage to figure out a stadium that is 2/3rds full most of the time.

Parking will be easy...tailgating will be obvious...and Johnny Cash will be loud.

"Wear sunscreen"...seriously--we go outside from time to time. And sunscreen is for redheads.

Bruins75
9/14/2005, 12:16 PM
Hey, I AM a redhead!

SoonerBK
9/14/2005, 01:45 PM
This guy will be there.

The Maestro
9/14/2005, 01:49 PM
Hey, I AM a redhead!

Then, by all means, remember sunscreen.

schlanker
9/14/2005, 02:13 PM
This guy will be there w a couple hot ladies with nice racks. Tell me where you guys will be and I will bring them by for your viewing pleasure. It might be the only nice thing we see in OU jerseys the whole day.

SoonerPriv
9/14/2005, 02:22 PM
This guy will be there w a couple hot ladies with nice racks. Tell me where you guys will be and I will bring them by for your viewing pleasure. It might be the only nice thing we see in OU jerseys the whole day.

section 13 row 73.. :D

LosAngelesSooner
9/14/2005, 04:04 PM
I'm gonna be there.

soonersam
9/14/2005, 04:15 PM
Look for the gay sebring convertible (rental) and a Red Expedition with OK tags with Sooner stuff everywhere.. Please stop and enjoy a beer, BYOB,B,W!!!

Hope you like some loud Johnny Cash.."Ring of Fire"
http://www.jusspress.com/soonersam

SoonerStormchaser
9/14/2005, 05:12 PM
I'll be watching it from the sports bar in the Bellagio.

OUfan7
9/14/2005, 10:30 PM
I'm already here and waiting on you guy's. I think we actually have a shot to win this game if we don't turn the ball over. Do we need to get there before 8:00 a.m. or what?

MamaMia
12/3/2006, 11:34 PM
This guy will be there w a couple hot ladies with nice racks. Tell me where you guys will be and I will bring them by for your viewing pleasure. It might be the only nice thing we see in OU jerseys the whole day.Who are you? Better yet....what are you?

sooneron
12/3/2006, 11:36 PM
I'm already here and waiting on you guy's. I think we actually have a shot to win this game if we don't turn the ball over. Do we need to get there before 8:00 a.m. or what?
Well, this guy sure was a friggin nostradamus!:texan:

instigator
12/4/2006, 12:36 AM
I'll be there.