PDA

View Full Version : Mark Messier Retires.

WisconsinSooner
9/13/2005, 12:03 AM
It's the end of an era with Messier retiring. There may not have been any better team leader in any sport than Mark Messier. I remember watching him lead the Rangers to the Cup and thinking that if you were starting a team in any sport you would start with the heart, fire, soul and passion of a Mark Messier. Certainly one of the great team captains in the history of sports. A true warrior. Hockey will miss you Mess and I’ll miss you. Good Luck in every else that comes your way.

soonerjoker
9/13/2005, 09:34 AM
what game did he play ???

GrapevineSooner
9/13/2005, 05:10 PM
I remember watching him lead the Rangers to the Cup and thinking that if you were starting a team in any sport you would start with the heart, fire, soul and passion of a Mark Messier.
Bastard!!

As an Islanders fan, I loved that 1940 chant. :D

Seriously, he was one of the greats of the game.

HoserSooner
9/14/2005, 02:40 PM
He was one of the toughest SOB's on the ice. It would have been interesting to see him drop them more often to see how he would measure up.

First ballot HOF'er without a doubt.

Scott D
9/14/2005, 04:47 PM
I'll give him props for how he went out....he didn't make a spectacle of himself doing it.

tulsaoilerfan
9/15/2005, 07:29 PM
He should have retired about 5 years ago; another great one that stayed on way too long.

GrapevineSooner
9/16/2005, 11:02 AM
The Rangers downfall had nothing to do with Mess. He was still very much at the top of his game.

But he can't goaltend and play team defense all by himself.