WestTxSooner
10/24/2005, 11:41 PM
eh

proud gonzo
10/24/2005, 11:59 PM
I know you are but what am I? :rolleyes:

GottaHavePride
10/25/2005, 12:02 AM
woops I did 4 years. I was a section leader (along with PrideTrombone) of arguably the best bone section the Pride has had since the mid-80s. I'm not complaining because I don't like the Pride's members, or because I don't value their dedication and effort. I'm complaining because the band's leadership has lost touch with the mentality that made the Pride the best marching band in the country. It's a change from "we refuse to allow anyone to show up our band, so we will work our asses off to stay better than everyone else" to "We are awesome, therefore anything we do is by definition awesome regardless of whether the fans appreciate it or not."

Gene Thrailkill always used to say "the guy in row 63 doesn't know if that second trumpet is playing their part right, but he can tell if they aren't in line." That, unfortunately, is what this thread is about. The average fan is starting to notice the difference in the Pride, and for the most part, they don't like it. The directors need to remember that their purpose is to entertain the fans ad nothing more. Stray too far from that and you'll start to see donors - like the guy that donated an entire trailer for the Pride's equipment to travel in - take their money elsewhere. But above all, it irritates me to watch what was once the best band in the country sink to a state where I'm now forced to consider bands like LSU, Michigan, and Florida State to be better. Gah.

They called the thread "Fire Brian Britt", not "fire all the members of the Pride".

WestTxSooner
10/25/2005, 12:11 AM
I understand, I am sorry i took this thread wrong. As a freshman, people think my oopinion of Brian Britt does not count for anything, i think he is the worst band director i have ever had to work with. He is so set in his ways, and if i have to go through 1 more more personal pep rally i might through my instrument at him!

GottaHavePride
10/25/2005, 12:19 AM
Honestly, I think more people in The Pride agree with you than you would suspect. And don't worry, no offense taken.

proud gonzo
10/25/2005, 12:21 AM
my that was an abrupt change in attitude.

and editing of posts.

WestTxSooner
10/25/2005, 12:21 AM
Cool man, we good? lol. I didnt mean to seem like an *** first day on the board, i bleed crimson. My dad went to OSU and it drives him crazy. Has anyone notcied the strict minute to minute itenerary britt follow?

GottaHavePride
10/25/2005, 12:27 AM
Heh. Yeah, my 4 years straddled the change in directors. ;)

apusooner
10/25/2005, 12:29 AM
yep. 7:52 p.m.---another successful suckfest at owen field.
7:56 p.m.---exit field
8:02 p.m.---personal pep rally cause i know everyone wants me fired

proud gonzo
10/25/2005, 12:33 AM
Cool man, we good? lol. I didnt mean to seem like an *** first day on the board, i bleed crimson. My dad went to OSU and it drives him crazy. Has anyone notcied the strict minute to minute itenerary britt follow?

oh yeah, that sort of thing runs rampant around here. adaptability is a cardinal sin.

WestTxSooner
10/25/2005, 12:36 AM
yep. 7:52 p.m.---another successful suckfest at owen field.
7:56 p.m.---exit field
8:02 p.m.---personal pep rally cause i know everyone wants me fired
Excellent...too true

Crimson_Balls
10/25/2005, 12:47 AM
. . . adaptability is a cardinal sin.

http://www.faithfirst.com/html/popeJohn/bio/images/cardinal.gif

Oldnslo
10/25/2005, 10:12 AM
Personal pep rally?

WTF is a personal pep rally?

WestTxSooner
10/25/2005, 10:39 AM
It is Mr. Britt's feeble attempt to get us enthused for rehearsal. it does not work in my opinion

PhxSooner
10/25/2005, 11:40 AM
Why on earth would you ever be pumped up for rehearsal? Bah. I was "enthused" around 5:55 because I knew we were almost finished for the day...

proud gonzo
10/25/2005, 12:39 PM
a personal pep rally is the equivalent of the "and there was much rejoicing. Yay."

TheBobbyTrain
10/25/2005, 01:52 PM
i always used personal pep rallys to make fun of soonerborn03 or throw things at OT

Ike
10/25/2005, 02:05 PM
personal pep rally sounds a lot like mental masturbation....

OklahomaTrombone
10/25/2005, 02:15 PM
I miss Acorn Wars during concert arcs

Scott D
10/25/2005, 03:51 PM
personal pep rallies? I think it's time SF.com posters chipped in and bought the ********* a one way ticket to San Francisco.

TheBobbyTrain
10/25/2005, 04:04 PM
I miss Acorn Wars during concert arcs

They'd probably get kicked out for that nowadays. Not for throwing acorns, but for having some kind of fun.

proud gonzo
10/25/2005, 04:43 PM
lol

we did that. we got yelled at. we did it anyway. It was WAY more productive than warming up before the pregame concert.

OklahomaTrombone
10/25/2005, 04:47 PM
POST GAME CONCERT RUNNING AROUND SHENANIGANS!!!!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
10/25/2005, 10:50 PM
if i have to go through 1 more more personal pep rally i might through my instrument at him!
What is this personal pep rally shi'ite? Sounds something really liberace gay and something that is coach tried to do would get him laughed at by the band...

TheHumanAlphabet
10/25/2005, 10:51 PM
Why on earth would you ever be pumped up for rehearsal? Bah. I was "enthused" around 5:55 because I knew we were almost finished for the day...
Yeah and rushed to the dorm for the evening meal...

dolemitesooner
10/25/2005, 10:52 PM
Still no real wevsit? you guys SUCKJ

WestTxSooner
10/27/2005, 10:41 AM
Oh yeah, the britt is full of sh*t. the osu game music will not be too bueno. he has made another classic rock show

1stTimeCaller
10/27/2005, 10:59 AM
psssst... non-band people only care about you marching in straight lines if they care at all.

TheBobbyTrain
10/27/2005, 11:31 AM
Oh yeah, the britt is full of sh*t. the osu game music will not be too bueno. he has made another classic rock show

at least it's not another latin fire or the movie show 5 times in a row.

Scott D
10/27/2005, 12:55 PM
I'm surprized it's not the Vagina Monologues

PrideTrombone
11/3/2005, 08:06 PM
I'm surprized it's not the Vagina Monologues

Heh.

mrowl
11/13/2005, 04:45 PM
here is hoping for sweeping off-season changes.

TheBobbyTrain
11/13/2005, 05:28 PM
someone told me that bob barry and merv johnson were doing their halftime thing when bob said "on a side note, why don't more collegiate bands do that kind of marching? i like that!" while the aTm band was performing. then merv joined in and said he really liked it too and wondered the same thing.

maybe i should tell them it's because halftime shows aren't about what the crowd would want, but what the directors/drum corps people want.

Scott D
11/13/2005, 05:33 PM
that gets my vote bobby

yermom
11/13/2005, 05:35 PM
i wish the Boomer Sooner Band was as good at the Fighting Texas Aggie Band

those guys are the best EVAR

Jimminy Crimson
11/13/2005, 06:49 PM
Both bands don't do anything for me.

I boycotted the bands and perused the silent auction at halftime. Much more entertaining.

I do have to give the pah-riiiiiiiiiide of Oklahoma one thing.... we don't need no stinkin' yardline markers on the field. How lame. AandM doesn't have all the members play functional instruments and they need EXTRA help in knowing the layout of the football field. I thought that's what the paint on the field was for :confused:

I give the AandM band two thumbs down.
The puh-riiiiiiide of Oklahoma gets one and a half thumbs down.

dolemitesooner
11/13/2005, 08:11 PM
The Atm band played for 3 minutes and those nazis were 1000 times better than our ****y band..

And you pride guys can tell me blah blah blah all they do is march in a straight line....and maybe they do but its cool as all hell.

Normaly everyone leaves at halftime for refeshmants hardly anyone left the stands during there preformance. I have heard that half of there band dosnt play they just march. If this is true our band really does suck beacause they had less playing and I can here them better

Brian britt should be fired he sucks

the pride is **** and they dont inspire anyone but brain britt

dolemitesooner
11/13/2005, 08:12 PM
I also like grambilings band

they rawik my face off

dolemitesooner
11/13/2005, 08:14 PM
Both bands don't do anything for me.

I boycotted the bands and perused the silent auction at halftime. Much more entertaining.

I do have to give the pah-riiiiiiiiiide of Oklahoma one thing.... we don't need no stinkin' yardline markers on the field. How lame. AandM doesn't have all the members play functional instruments and they need EXTRA help in knowing the layout of the football field. I thought that's what the paint on the field was for :confused:

I give the AandM band two thumbs down.
The puh-riiiiiiide of Oklahoma gets one and a half thumbs down.
your wtong and you should be shot and kiled or die of goerihia
THE pride sucks

Brian britt is a fag

Stanley1
11/13/2005, 08:14 PM
The aTm band may be good, but it doesn't change the fact that they do the same formation, to the same songs, EVERY, SINGLE, YEAR.

And their cheers are ghey. As are the male cheerleaders, or "chant leaders", or whatever they call them.

dolemitesooner
11/13/2005, 08:16 PM
thiNK WHAT YOU WNAT

tHE PRIDE STILL GOT OUT DONE BECUSE THEY SUCK

StoopTroup
11/13/2005, 08:17 PM
Living on the edge is exciting isn't it?

http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk/albums/peak/strapad.sized.jpg

dolemitesooner
11/13/2005, 08:21 PM
wHAT I AM NOT TRYING TO BE ON THE EDGE

This band suck ...they were at one time good when gene thicall or what ever his name was there

This new guy britt makes me sad in my pants

StoopTroup
11/13/2005, 08:28 PM
I call this "The Dolemite Tree".

http://photoblog.sunidesus.net/Pics/LonelyTree.jpg

dolemitesooner
11/13/2005, 08:30 PM
i GUESS IF STATING THAT THEY SUCK MAKES ME ON THE EDGE THAN SO BE IT

silverwheels
11/13/2005, 08:31 PM
And their cheers are ghey. As are the male cheerleaders, or "chant leaders", or whatever they call them.

Yell leaders. A&M's so gay they don't even have female cheerleaders.

dolemitesooner
11/13/2005, 08:32 PM
Hate all you want

There is a reason there crowd gets alot loauder than ours

silverwheels
11/13/2005, 08:35 PM
Hate all you want

There is a reason there crowd gets alot loauder than ours

Because there's about 3 or 4 thousand more of them?

Stanley1
11/13/2005, 08:39 PM
When is the last time they were better than us?

Nuff said.

BajaOklahoma
11/13/2005, 08:44 PM
You were obviously at a different game than Lil Baja. She was seriously disappointed in the ATM band.

GottaHavePride
11/13/2005, 08:50 PM
I heard the A&M band wasn't so hot this time around, and the Pride sounded probably best so far this year. Of course, they were also basically repeating the same show they did at the last game, so they had an extra two weeks of practice on this show.

Jimminy Crimson
11/13/2005, 09:03 PM
your wtong and...should...die of goerihia

Sounds painful! ;)

OUAndy1807
11/13/2005, 09:18 PM
I may have possibly heard boomer sooner less on Saturday than EVER in my 20 years of attending OU games.

Why must we continue to play St. Elmo's Fire, one of those "hot latin jazz" songs that sounds like a Texas Tech song and other misc. crap. At least ehy played Oklahoma once in the stands.

And what's up with no Boomer Sooner or Oklahoma Stingers during the game? I'm talking about the little 8 to 16 measure sections of the songs like after a first down or something?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/13/2005, 09:24 PM
They played R-E-S-P-E-C-T too.

I thought the A&M band was cool the first 3 times I saw them, but it is the same routine, so it should look good. It should tell them something that people stay in the stands for it. The only other band I've seen in person where the opposing team's fans stayed to watch was Langston.

I will give it up to the Pride though. That military show was pretty cool.

Jimminy Crimson
11/13/2005, 09:30 PM
I wish Florida A&M would have made the jump to Division I, b/c I would have loved to see their band rock the face off of Owen Field's turf.

KaiserSooner
11/13/2005, 09:50 PM
The Sturmabteilung, err...A&M band is entertaining to watch, but at the same time, I have always been non-plussed by their seeming inability to realize that they aren't in 1930s Germany anymore. :D

And for the love of God people....do not clap along to their school songs! That's happened the past two times Aggie has made an appearance in Norman. It must be stopped! What, would people clap along to the Eyes of Texas or the Nebraska fight song too?!?

I heard the A&M band wasn't so hot this time around, and the Pride sounded probably best so far this year. Of course, they were also basically repeating the same show they did at the last game, so they had an extra two weeks of practice on this show.

Actually, I did think the pride sounded better yesterday. During the game anyway....I don't remember much of their halftime stuff ;)

Jimminy Crimson
11/13/2005, 10:04 PM
The aggy band is just like the Nebraska fanbase.

They're the greatest thing since sliced bread because that's what you're brainwashed to believe. "Oh, the Texas A&M Marching Hitler Youth is the best band in the world! They're so precise and play such great shows". "The Nebraska fans are so gracious, they cheer for the opponents! Greatest fans in the world".

Both are extremely overrated, in my very professional opinion. :texan:

yermom
11/13/2005, 11:22 PM
heh

http://brianburnham.com/images/merge.gif

proud gonzo
11/14/2005, 12:41 AM
i heard pride people talking in the band lounge about the aTm band and their marching and one person said, "all they do is march in straight lines, how hard is that??"
I had to restrain myself from saying, "well it must be pretty ****ing hard since none of you guys can do it."

PhxSooner
11/14/2005, 12:41 AM
My sister-in-law had never seen the aggie band. She asked my brother what they were doing, and he replied, "Being ghey."

NTTAWWT;)

And for heaven's sake, play something besides the theme from "Patton". They've played that every year since at least '93.

mrowl
11/14/2005, 09:33 AM
And for the love of God people....do not clap along to their school songs! That's happened the past two times Aggie has made an appearance in Norman. It must be stopped! What, would people clap along to the Eyes of Texas or the Nebraska fight song too?!?

The above really ****ed me off...

But I hope the pride got ****ed off when the fightin' aggie band got a standing O, and during the pride performance, everyone left to get a drink and hit the toilet.

Oldnslo
11/14/2005, 09:46 AM
Well, there was ONE guy in my section who had the brains not to stand during A & M's routine.

Hey, I like the song, but "It's a Grand Old Flag" isn't the national anthem. As such, it is equally appropriate to celebrate our nation's history by standing during "Baby Got Back". And following up "Flag" with the marching "T" just meant that 97% of the morans in the stands kept on standing.

I thought that the A & M show might have been a crowd pleaser, but was lackluster. I was soooooo hoping that the Pride would blow the aggroids off the field. Not to be. It seems that marching in a straight line is beyond this version of the Pride.

This was the first time I wasn't in my usual seats; I was above the aggroid band for the game. I didn't expect to hear the Pride from where I was. And I didn't.

LoyalFan
11/14/2005, 10:15 AM
I wish Florida A&M would have made the jump to Division I, b/c I would have loved to see their band rock the face off of Owen Field's turf.

FAMU's band may look entertaining, if you like a mass demonstration of some sort of Grand Mal seizure, but they sound like unalloyed crap. Kinda hard to play a wind instrument while imitating someone who's just discovered he/she's been standing in a Solenopsis Invicta (See: Fire Ant) mound.

LoyalFan
Annoying bass and young women since the Eisenhower Years.

OUAndy1807
11/14/2005, 10:26 AM
Any band that plays the Patton theme is OK with me.

47straight
11/14/2005, 01:14 PM
A&M's fight song rips on the whorns. I'll clap to that anyday.

The Original "soonerjeff"
11/14/2005, 01:42 PM

No, it was the Veteran's Day show this time. Last game was Hush and some other stuff for Homecoming. Granted, this was the same Veteran's Day medley we played a few years ago, but it was the first time this year.

I agree with Kaiser. I hate OU fans when AnM is here :mad:

Jimminy Crimson
11/14/2005, 01:57 PM
FAMU's band may look entertaining, if you like a mass demonstration of some sort of Grand Mal seizure, but they sound like unalloyed crap. Kinda hard to play a wind instrument while imitating someone who's just discovered he/she's been standing in a Solenopsis Invicta (See: Fire Ant) mound.

They're a helluva lot more entertaining than the aggot band or the Britt led Pride, that's for SURE.

Boarder
11/14/2005, 03:20 PM
The aggy band is just like the Nebraska fanbase.

They're the greatest thing since sliced bread because that's what you're brainwashed to believe. "Oh, the Texas A&M Marching Hitler Youth is the best band in the world! They're so precise and play such great shows". "The Nebraska fans are so gracious, they cheer for the opponents! Greatest fans in the world".

Both are extremely overrated, in my very professional opinion. :texan:
Exactly right. Living off reputation. And, who knows where that rep came from.

I went and got a burger at halftime.

RacerX
11/14/2005, 03:29 PM
I sat during half time. I wished everyone would've stood up and turned around.

Aggie and Pride band - yawn.

Mjcpr
11/14/2005, 03:30 PM
Exactly right. Living off reputation. And, who knows where that rep came from.

I went and got a burger at halftime.

Was it a Bedlam Burger?

dolemitesooner
11/14/2005, 04:06 PM
the pride sucks

Jimminy Crimson
11/18/2005, 05:26 PM
Any progress being made?

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 01:05 PM
Get a rope!

MamaMia
1/24/2006, 02:19 PM
I wish the Pride would put a little groove in their march and have a really cool drum corp, Like in the movie Drum Line. :D

PrideTrombone
1/24/2006, 06:00 PM
I wish the Pride would put a little groove in their march and have a really cool drum corp, Like in the movie Drum Line. :D

Dear God, I hope you're kidding. There's nothing worse than 320 suburban white kids trying to act like something they're not.

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 06:03 PM
there are a few terms to describe the band and band staff, such as "white bread" and "square"

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2006, 06:08 PM
there are a few terms to describe the band and band staff, such as "white bread" and "square"

'vanilla' comes to mind, as well :cool:

colleyvillesooner
1/24/2006, 06:14 PM
Dear God, I hope you're kidding. There's nothing worse than 320 suburban white kids trying to act like something they're not.

http://pictures.galenfrysinger.com/us/rose02.jpg

colleyvillesooner
1/24/2006, 06:14 PM

OklahomaTrombone
1/24/2006, 06:17 PM

Exactly.

OklahomaTrombone
1/24/2006, 06:18 PM

Exactly

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 07:08 PM
DOUBLE POST ALERT!!

proud gonzo
1/24/2006, 07:09 PM
DOUBLE POST ALERT!!

Oldnslo
1/24/2006, 10:11 PM
So, once again, there's no chance of getting some Spike Jones on the playlist.

Powerstation, people. It's been in about 740 cartoons, and it would be teh awexome to play during a drive.

Crazy OU Tuba
2/11/2006, 07:11 PM
he just needs to change his thinking

Jimminy Crimson
8/16/2006, 12:30 PM
It's time again!

proud gonzo
8/16/2006, 12:37 PM
good god, why can't you let this thread DIE?

mrowl
8/16/2006, 12:39 PM
be careful, the band nerds can smell this thread on page 1...

Jimminy Crimson
8/16/2006, 12:59 PM
good god, why can't you let this thread DIE?

Because he's still employed! ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
8/16/2006, 04:14 PM
be careful, Brian Britt can smell this thread on page 1...

Fixed it for ya...

Brian is probably writing up the email barrage at this moment...

BajaOklahoma
8/16/2006, 07:19 PM
So how many years is this thread going to hang around - and still be relevent? If only we had V-bookie......

proud gonzo
8/16/2006, 08:06 PM
seriously, we need vBookie back

OUTromBoNado
8/16/2006, 08:09 PM
seriously, we need vBookie back

Word.

GottaHavePride
8/16/2006, 08:32 PM
to your mother.

dolemitesooner
8/16/2006, 09:21 PM
Fixed it for ya...

Brian is probably writing up the email barrage at this moment...
**** brain britt ans his stupid *** emails.

PrideTuba
8/16/2006, 10:34 PM
So how many years is this thread going to hang around - and still be relevent? If only we had V-bookie......

Until he no longer works at the University, atleast thats my opinion. Brian Britt is running the Pride into the ground, he is making it worse and worse as the years go on. Unless somebody does something, it/he will never change, the only way he can help the band is to quit or get fired. If Jimminy Crimson didnt start this back up, it was going to be me.

Jimminy Crimson
9/1/2006, 02:38 PM
Should I hold a sign up during halftime? :D

yermom
9/1/2006, 02:49 PM
Should I hold a sign up during halftime? :D

good luck with that one :rolleyes:

http://hub.ou.edu/articles/article.php?item_id=1558402925

i hope the Boomer Sooner Band is louder this year

i've already been underwhelmed by one marching band so far this season :)

Jimminy Crimson
9/1/2006, 04:11 PM
good luck with that one :rolleyes:

http://hub.ou.edu/articles/article.php?item_id=1558402925

i hope the Boomer Sooner Band is louder this year

i've already been underwhelmed by one marching band so far this season :)

Stupid, stupid rules! :mad: ;)

I've already been underwhelmed and I haven't even heard them yet.

:les:FIRE HIM!!!!

GottaHavePride
9/1/2006, 06:02 PM
Wait, is just says signs are prohibited. It does NOT say that posterboard and markers are prohibited. And until those two items join forces, they can't really be considered a sign. LOOPHOLE! ALALALALALALLLAALAALALALAA!

yermom
9/1/2006, 06:03 PM
heh, good point

Ike
9/1/2006, 06:23 PM
Wait, is just says signs are prohibited. It does NOT say that posterboard and markers are prohibited. And until those two items join forces, they can't really be considered a sign. LOOPHOLE! ALALALALALALLLAALAALALALAA!

Im sure they will consider a piece of posterboard to be sign...even if it is blank....

still, with enough tape, you may be able to carry in a bunch of little pieces of posterboard in your pocket and assemble them in-situ.

PrideTuba
9/1/2006, 06:29 PM
well, one type of sign they cant take away is one that is printed on a t-shirt.

GottaHavePride
9/1/2006, 08:46 PM
OK, so we need a really fat guy and some iron-on letters. Oh and a spare shirt for once he's in the stadium. Or not. It might be funnier without.

proud gonzo
9/1/2006, 09:07 PM
I have iron on letters.... Now we just need a fat guy.

MiccoMacey
9/1/2006, 09:20 PM

You rang???

Jimminy Crimson
9/1/2006, 09:34 PM

I'm glad you're joining in! :)

MiccoMacey
9/2/2006, 01:54 AM
I'm glad you're joining in! :)

1) Anything to get into an OU game for free

2) Anything to keep this thread alive

PrideTuba
9/3/2006, 03:08 PM
1) Anything to get into an OU game for free

2) Anything to keep this thread alive

yes, lets keep this thread alive.

mynameisjoe
9/11/2006, 11:13 PM
As if things could not get any lower, it did. The following was in an email sent out by Mr. Britt earlier today:

"We have been emailed by some people complaining (and rightly so) that some Pride members are chanting “Texas Still Sucks” during the parade to the stadium. We have tried to articulate as clearly as possible the reasons why this is not okay. As professionals and as adults, all of us are expected to conduct ourselves in a manner that suggests the highest degree of good sportsmanship and respect for our opponents. As private citizens, it is our constitutional right to chant whatever we choose. When we put on our uniforms however, we are representing our university and state and are now public representatives of a larger entity than ourselves. To participate in the parade as a private citizen, simply hand in your uniform and show up to the parade and chant whatever you would like as the band marches past. You can even buy a ticket to the game and taunt the opposing players if you so desire. However, when we are wearing our uniform, we cannot behave in this manner. Please understand that this point is not negotiable. Anyone who chooses to continue this type of behavior will be sent home, no hard feelings, no yelling, or screaming, but you will go home.

Thanks for understanding the importance of representing the university in the most positive and sportsmanlike manner possible. It’s our most important job."

This is just ridiculous.

yermom
9/11/2006, 11:39 PM
um, if that goes for the Cotton Bowl then he has lost his mind

GottaHavePride
9/11/2006, 11:49 PM
Oh, I'm sure it will. Because we all know that good sportsmanship is far more important to a rivalry than good old-fashioned hate.

Han Solo would totally have given Jabba the Hutt a sporting chance, 'cause he's that kind of guy. Hell, he even waited for Greedo to shoot first.

Jimminy Crimson
9/11/2006, 11:49 PM
Does anybody have a rope? :mad:

GottaHavePride
9/11/2006, 11:50 PM
:les: GIT A ROPE!!!

yermom
9/11/2006, 11:56 PM
if it were me, i'd be organizing all of the Pride to flash the "horns down" and "Texas Sucks" chant as they came into the Cotton Bowl

what's he going to do? send ALL of them home?

TheBobbyTrain
9/12/2006, 12:30 AM
im still in disbelief that GHP just made a Star Wars analogy.

yermom
9/12/2006, 12:33 AM
i barely noticed it :O

apusooner
9/12/2006, 12:35 AM
im still in disbelief that GHP just made a Star Wars analogy.

Would you expect anything less?;)

GottaHavePride
9/12/2006, 12:40 AM
I am nothing if not a geek.

mdklatt
9/12/2006, 12:43 AM
When we put on our uniforms however, we are representing our university and state and are now public representatives of a larger entity than ourselves.

As an OU alumnus, staff member, season ticket holder, and citizen of Oklahoma, I hearby authorize--nay, demand--the Pride to direct unprofessional, rude, and obsecene gestures and remarks at any and all Texas fans upon my behalf.

Sincerely, mdklatt

Duke o Brewery
9/12/2006, 12:45 AM
if it were me, i'd be organizing all of the Pride to flash the "horns down" and "Texas Sucks" chant as they came into the Cotton Bowl

That was my reaction as well. What BS. Why, after at least 20 years of Pride members yelling "texas still sucks", have these mysterious 'complaints' surfaced just now?

GottaHavePride
9/12/2006, 12:51 AM
That was my reaction as well. What BS. Why, after at least 20 years of Pride members yelling "texas still sucks", have these mysterious 'complaints' surfaced just now?

I think it's just that the previous staff ignored stuff like that and said "What, are they gonna fire me?"

OUTromBoNado
9/12/2006, 03:30 AM

Every year except my freshman year, I would grab the mic at the front of the bus and lead people in taunting whorns. It was my goal to get at least 20 people to flip us off in 10 minutes. Most whorn fans didn't know we were the Pride until they finally saw the banner in the front window.

Progression of taunts: Give them the Hook'em sign, a couple of "number 1's," give them a sad look and do the meltdown (put the Hook'em to Hang'em), them swing your hand from side-to-side.

Basically it went, "Whorns up! Meltdown! Swing 'Em!" Rinse and repeat until the buses got parked. I knew I was making a difference when I succeeded in getting a 92 year-old woman to flip me off from a wheelchair.

Tiptonsooner
9/12/2006, 06:08 AM
Basically it went, "Whorns up! Meltdown! Swing 'Em!" Rinse and repeat until the buses got parked. I knew I was making a difference when I succeeded in getting a 92 year-old woman to flip me off from a wheelchair.

What, did you get out and card her? I woulda flipped you off too.:P

TheBobbyTrain
9/12/2006, 07:35 AM
I always enjoyed th 2 part sign that went

pt. 1- "Let's see a Hook 'Em Horns!!"
(place sign in window, get Texas fans to do it)
pt. 2- "If you're gay!!!!"
(observe various reactions of horn fans as they realize they've been had)

hurricane'bone
9/12/2006, 08:18 AM
o.m.g.

mrowl
9/12/2006, 08:49 AM
next he will ban the "pooooooor huskies" chant at the end of game...

f'ing idiot.

proud gonzo
9/12/2006, 09:15 AM
hmm, seems like with all the time and energy they're saving by not yelling about texas they ought to be able to learn how to march well

colleyvillesooner
9/12/2006, 09:53 AM
ZING!

PrideTuba
9/12/2006, 03:59 PM
I would like to know who these people complaining about saying "texas still sucks" are so we can rid them of this earth. I cant believe brian britt went to ou, graduated from ou, is working at ou and still thinks we should pay respect to saxet. It seems like the only thing we can do is www.FireBrianBritt.com

apusooner
9/12/2006, 05:09 PM
I always enjoyed th 2 part sign that went

pt. 1- "Let's see a Hook 'Em Horns!!"
(place sign in window, get Texas fans to do it)
pt. 2- "If you're gay!!!!"
(observe various reactions of horn fans as they realize they've been had)

i did that once and some texas fan got out of his truck and chased me down the street. he was a little upset.

TopDawg
9/12/2006, 05:10 PM
I think the drumline's pregame concert this year is the best in recent memory.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/12/2006, 05:19 PM
This whole thing is ridiculous. It keeps getting gayer and gayer.

GottaHavePride
9/12/2006, 11:56 PM
Why do I keep reading this thread?

TheHumanAlphabet
9/13/2006, 02:50 AM
You know, I was going to let this lie and leave well enough alone. After reading this crap from BB, the uckf tard has got to GO! He is a ****ing joke!!! No balls and no guts. The eunuch has been catified (you know what I really mean...). He manages a college band of spirited young adults like they were in elementary school. I know this, if this crap happened when I was in The Pride, I would have turned in my uniform. The hard work and hours would not be worth this crap!! It is no longer "The Pride", but now "the pride", joining the mass of faceless, soul less, and tune less bands seen elsewhere in the country. It is no longer "elite"...

Jimminy Crimson
9/13/2006, 03:08 AM
:les:LubTex for director!

Ike
9/13/2006, 03:18 AM
I'm getting the feeling that with as much as Mr. Britt keeps going on and on about sportsmanship that he has never played a competitive sport in his life.

Sportsmanship is declaring all out war against your opponent, and then shaking their hand when the contest is over. This means that, within the rules of the contest, anything goes. taunts, jeers, yo-mamma cracks, whatever. It also means that when it is over, all you have to do is shake their hand and be just a little polite. You don't have to go buy the other guy a round of drinks or pump sunshine up their asses.

Mr. Britt seems to think that sportsmanship requires one to make friends with those on the other side. This is complete and utter bull****. Obviously, it is not prohibited to do so (so long as you can still swear to kick your friends *** on the appropriate occasions), but it is certainly not required as he seems to think it is.

In fact, I will even go so far as to say that the "respect for your opponent" that he keeps refrencing DEMANDS that you do your damnednest to throw them off of their game through taunts and jeers and the like. This shows your opponent that you respect their abilities enough to believe that you need to resort to such childish behavior in an attempt to gain an advantage. Whether you really need to or not is irrelevant. Its respectful to taunt.

cofCtuba
9/13/2006, 09:52 AM
I'm getting the feeling that with as much as Mr. Britt keeps going on and on about sportsmanship that he has never played a competitive sport in his life.

I know that he played 8th grade football because one day during pride rehearsal my freshman year, someone referred to him as "Britt" and he went apey, "MY NAME IS MR. BRITT, I AM NOT BACK IN 8TH GRADE FOOTBALL!!!" I blew it off at the time, but later realized he really has an insecurity problem.

Duke o Brewery
9/13/2006, 11:36 AM
You know, I was going to let this lie and leave well enough alone. After reading this crap from BB, the uckf tard has got to GO! He is a ****ing joke!!! No balls and no guts. The eunuch has been catified (you know what I really mean...). He manages a college band of spirited young adults like they were in elementary school. I know this, if this crap happened when I was in The Pride, I would have turned in my uniform. The hard work and hours would not be worth this crap!! It is no longer "The Pride", but now "the pride", joining the mass of faceless, soul less, and tune less bands seen elsewhere in the country. It is no longer "elite"...

EXACTLY! :mad:

TopDawg
9/13/2006, 08:22 PM
We sure did get bent out of shape when Coach Callahan taunted us Sooner fans.

TopDawg
9/13/2006, 08:22 PM
Why do I keep reading this thread?

For great insights like:

I think the drumline's pregame concert this year is the best in recent memory.

PrideTuba
9/13/2006, 09:05 PM
I know that he played 8th grade football because one day during pride rehearsal my freshman year, someone referred to him as "Britt" and he went apey, "MY NAME IS MR. BRITT, I AM NOT BACK IN 8TH GRADE FOOTBALL!!!" I blew it off at the time, but later realized he really has an insecurity problem.

he may not be in 8th grade football but he is running the band like an 8th grade teacher, he should do everybody a favor and go back to teaching junior high.

GottaHavePride
9/13/2006, 11:54 PM
Sportsmanship is declaring all out war against your opponent, and then shaking their hand when the contest is over. This means that, within the rules of the contest, anything goes. taunts, jeers, yo-mamma cracks, whatever.

Dude, we said no more Steve Perry psych-outs...

dolemitesooner
9/19/2006, 11:59 PM
I let brian know how I felt at Oregon ...ask Jimminy and Yermom

GottaHavePride
9/20/2006, 12:00 AM
I let brian know how I felt at Oregon ...ask Jimminy and Yermom

What, I can't just ask you?

dolemitesooner
9/20/2006, 12:11 AM
Before the game the band was playing. In between songs we were standing not 10 feet from Britt and the whole band and fans. I screemed FIRE BRIAN BRITT. THE WHOLE BAND LOOKED OVER. "Yeah you suck britt" "Fire brian britt." It was unpleasent. Then I got attacked by a homeless guy and we ran.

dolemitesooner
9/20/2006, 12:14 AM
True story

proud gonzo
9/20/2006, 12:15 AM
yeah, but which parts?

GottaHavePride
9/20/2006, 12:16 AM
That is freaking hilarious. But I have to ask. Link? ;)

dolemitesooner
9/20/2006, 12:21 AM
yeah, but which parts?
Whole thing.....I yelled at him people got ****ed. Yermom and jimminy ran off and left me. I left and laughed my *** off. Thne I called a homless guy a pimp and we attacked me.

yermom
9/20/2006, 12:23 AM
well, other than the placement of the homeless guy, it's accurate

the homeless guy was in front of the gate to get into the stadium taking bottles and cans for the Seinfeldish deposits they give out there

dude did not take kindly to being called a "pimp"

Boarder
9/20/2006, 12:24 AM
All of this was probably the result of the "I don't need a cooler, I'll drink all the beer before it gets warm" approach Dolemite was taking before the game.

:D

dolemitesooner
9/20/2006, 12:25 AM
All of this was probably the result of the "I don't need a cooler, I'll drink all the beer before it gets warm" approach Dolemite was taking before the game.

proud gonzo
9/20/2006, 12:25 AM
Ok, I'm definitely going with the "Avoid Dolemite like the ****ing PLAGUE at OU/Texass" plan

GottaHavePride
9/20/2006, 12:26 AM
And there I was thinking "why didn't we put dolemite on our group sign-up?"

dolemitesooner
9/20/2006, 12:27 AM
Ok, I'm definitely going with the "Avoid Dolemite like the ****ing PLAGUE at OU/Texass" plan
YOUR LOSE

Boarder
9/20/2006, 12:28 AM
What was that OU/tx DoLeSign idea I had? I can't remember.

dolemitesooner
9/20/2006, 12:30 AM
What was that OU/tx DoLeSign idea I had? I can't remember.
"Life a VINCE , and then you lose"?is that is?

Boarder
9/20/2006, 12:31 AM
That sounds right.

Life's A Vince
And Then You Lose.

proud gonzo
9/20/2006, 12:50 AM
that's awesome

dolemitesooner
9/20/2006, 09:04 AM
I think it needs to be a poll

Jimminy Crimson
9/20/2006, 10:44 AM
The above Britt story is true.

I video-ed one round of Boomer and turned off the camera or else I would have had doleo in the act. :D

proud gonzo
9/20/2006, 11:24 AM
you're such a bastard for not getting video evidence

Jimminy Crimson
9/20/2006, 11:29 AM
you're such a bastard for not getting video evidence

laughing too hard and running away, accidently leaving 2 beers behind...

you could definately tell a good number of the bandies that heard us laughed and/or agreed :cool:

proud gonzo
9/20/2006, 11:31 AM
I'll have to ask around quietly.... :D

dolemitesooner
9/20/2006, 02:30 PM
Have your peopel get with ny peole and let me know

Jimminy Crimson
11/10/2006, 11:28 AM
Any updates?

Is he still employed?

:mad:

PrideTuba
11/10/2006, 07:09 PM
yes unfortunately he is still employed. The band will be doing the movie show again for the tech game, which makes it a total of 4 shows the pride has done this year.

OnlyOneOklahoma
9/2/2007, 12:29 AM
I feel like necro-ing this thread after hearing "Go Gators" (Florida's Fight-Chant Thingy) played at tonights game, then learning from my roommate that some random dude wrote a check to the pride of oklahoma if they would play i. I want to hear "Fight On" next week since we are now in the business of playing other school's fight songs if it helps us get the pride to new york. f**k britt

proud gonzo
9/2/2007, 12:40 AM
I feel like necro-ing this thread after hearing "Go Gators" (Florida's Fight-Chant Thingy) played at tonights game, then learning from my roommate that some random dude wrote a check to the pride of oklahoma if they would play i. I want to hear "Fight On" next week since we are now in the business of playing other school's fight songs if it helps us get the pride to new york. f**k britti have no idea what that means.

Okla-homey
9/2/2007, 08:15 AM
I feel like necro-ing this thread after hearing "Go Gators" (Florida's Fight-Chant Thingy) played at tonights game, then learning from my roommate that some random dude wrote a check to the pride of oklahoma if they would play i. I want to hear "Fight On" next week since we are now in the business of playing other school's fight songs if it helps us get the pride to new york. f**k britt

Bammer uses that couple of bars too.

OnlyOneOklahoma
9/2/2007, 09:58 AM
i have no idea what that means.

necro means to ressurect kinda like Jebus did...therefore i brought this thread back from the dead (November 2006)

GottaHavePride
9/2/2007, 11:33 AM
OMG! Iz tEh LAzarus thred!

TopDawg
9/2/2007, 06:25 PM
This thread's gonna be fun when A&M comes to town.

Oldnslo
9/2/2007, 09:56 PM
I felt all dirty when the band played the "go gators" bit.

And I still don't know why there have to be dudes in suits on the damn field when the Pride starts its pregame show.

tommieharris91
9/2/2007, 10:13 PM
STOP WAVING THE WHEAT!!!!!!!! GET SOME ORIGINAL MUSIC!!!!!!! WE HAVE OUR OWN DAMN TRADITIONS! LET'S STICK TO EM!!!!!!!!!!!

M
9/2/2007, 10:19 PM
STOP WAVING THE WHEAT!!!!!!!! GET SOME ORIGINAL MUSIC!!!!!!! WE HAVE OUR OWN DAMN TRADITIONS! LET'S STICK TO EM!!!!!!!!!!!

heh ;)

yermom
9/3/2007, 12:00 PM
This thread's gonna be fun when A&M comes to town.

it will be nice to see a real band come to town

Ardmore_Sooner
9/3/2007, 12:20 PM

It's like screaming at a wall my friend...

sooneron
9/3/2007, 12:25 PM
They're STILL doing the waving wheat crap??!?!? I CANNOT wait until the misery game when I am in Boren's skybox...

Ardmore_Sooner
9/3/2007, 12:27 PM
They're STILL doing the waving wheat crap??!?!? I CANNOT wait until the misery game when I am in Boren's skybox...

How'd you manage that?

garland sooner
9/3/2007, 02:12 PM
So it sounds like if you want some song to be heard, you might have to donate some money to the Pride.

OklahomaTuba
9/3/2007, 02:14 PM
Remember those rumors about Boren??

OklahomaTuba
9/3/2007, 02:16 PM
Just wait, some whorn will write britt a check for 20K if he plays eyes of texass, and britt will do it.

MamaMia
9/3/2007, 03:06 PM
I have always defended the Pride but they were just awful Saturday night. Something needs to change.

Petro-Sooner
9/3/2007, 03:11 PM
Does Britt know theres a following that really doesnt care for him? Have pride members and alum confronted him or other OU higher ups?

Also, are there scholarships given to pride members or is it all strictly voluntary?

yermom
9/3/2007, 04:34 PM
he knows about firebrianbritt.com :D

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 04:37 PM
Does Britt know theres a following that really doesnt care for him? Have pride members and alum confronted him or other OU higher ups?

Also, are there scholarships given to pride members or is it all strictly voluntary?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. There are scholarships given to Pride members, but I think the absolute most anyone gets is on the order of $1,000 per semester; most scholarships are in the $250 per semester range. Probably less than 1/4 of the Pride receives a scholarship.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/3/2007, 04:48 PM
It looked like North Texas had about half as many kids, yet they were twice as loud.

I didn't get no satisfaction out of the halftime show either.

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 05:18 PM
I was just sad they passed up the perfect opportunity to make the Stones' "Lips" logo on the field and went with abstract movig boxes.

Okla-homey
9/3/2007, 05:26 PM
More Sousa, movie theme songs, and cowbell. Dammit.

Okla-homey
9/3/2007, 05:28 PM
I have always defended the Pride but they were just awful Saturday night. Something needs to change.

I agree. And the drum major's hat didn't come within two feet of the turf when he pseudo-strutted. Wassup wid dat? Can't we find a suitably limber person for that gig somewhere in the wide, wide world?

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 05:38 PM
I agree. And the drum major's hat didn't come within two feet of the turf when he pseudo-strutted. Wassup wid dat? Can't we find a suitably limber person for that gig somewhere in the wide, wide world?

If that's what we want we're gonna have to go all Dalai-Lama on our drum majors, and begin training the future drum major in yoga at the age of three. Touching the hat to the ground is nearly impossible unless you're a lifelong gymnast or you want to do irreparable damage to your back, knees, and ankles.

I guarantee, very very few drum majors of the Pride (if any) actually touched the hat to the ground.

OKLA21FAN
9/3/2007, 05:55 PM
If that's what we want we're gonna have to go all Dalai-Lama on our drum majors, and begin training the future drum major in yoga at the age of three. Touching the hat to the ground is nearly impossible unless you're a lifelong gymnast or you want to do irreparable damage to your back, knees, and ankles.

I guarantee, very very few drum majors of the Pride (if any) actually touched the hat to the ground.

well, OU has a mighty fine Gymnastic team, I nominate on of those dudes
:pop:

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 07:39 PM
Heh. Sadly, most of them know very little about music, and the drum major's duties involve a LOT more than just the strut. the strut is actually the least important part of the drum major's audition.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/3/2007, 07:56 PM
I'm still waiting for Britt and the goon squad to come onto this thread and defend him to the death.

Petro-Sooner
9/3/2007, 08:03 PM
:pop:

Frozen Sooner
9/3/2007, 08:08 PM
Heh. Sadly, most of them know very little about music, and the drum major's duties involve a LOT more than just the strut. the strut is actually the least important part of the drum major's audition.

Sounds like a problem with the audition process to me.

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 08:18 PM
Heh. there's no way around it. Far more important that the strut is leadership ability and knowledge of how to rehearse and manage a band as big as the Pride. As much as people around here complain about the sound of the Pride now, think how bad it would be if we selected the drum major solely on their ability to strut and ignored their ability to get the Pride to play as a unit.

Frozen Sooner
9/3/2007, 08:24 PM
Conversely, as big a cluster-**** as it appears to be now, could it really be much worse if the DM was hired based on strutting?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/3/2007, 09:00 PM
Why not just get some random limber dude to be the "strutter," then get another dude to be the "real" drum major?

Okla-homey
9/3/2007, 09:08 PM
Why not just get some random limber dude to be the "strutter," then get another dude to be the "real" drum major?

Precisely. A "Designated Strutter" as it were. Afterall, that band exists for one reason and one reason only. To please 84,000 people on Saturday. If they ain't gettin' it done, changes are indicated. If the kids in the band want to get all music-y and stuff, they can always quit and take up the oboe or something.

SOUSA RULES! Everything else is rubbish.;) :D ;) ;) :mad: :D

Petro-Sooner
9/3/2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah but didnt the members of Hinder play in the pride?

:D ;)

Frozen Sooner
9/3/2007, 09:15 PM
Strutter?

http://www.masterpiecepumpkins.com/Graphics/KISS-GeneSimmons%20%20%20_photo.jpg

hurricane'bone
9/3/2007, 09:24 PM
You guys have gotten really ****ing dumb.

Frozen Sooner
9/3/2007, 09:27 PM
You guys have gotten really ****ing dumb.

"Gotten"?

hurricane'bone
9/3/2007, 09:39 PM
"Gotten"?

True, you guys didn't need to obtain any more dumb, you had enough to begin with.

sooneron
9/3/2007, 09:52 PM
How'd you manage that?
Auction

Okla-homey
9/4/2007, 05:13 AM
Heh. there's no way around it. Far more important that the strut is leadership ability and knowledge of how to rehearse and manage a band as big as the Pride. As much as people around here complain about the sound of the Pride now, think how bad it would be if we selected the drum major solely on their ability to strut and ignored their ability to get the Pride to play as a unit.

Heh.

I suppose the next thing you are going to try to sell me is the notion that "far more important" than looks and the ability to do an in-place reverse somersault is a cheerleaders ability to intelligently follow the game and cheer appropriately. ;)

GottaHavePride
9/4/2007, 09:45 AM
No, the most important function of a cheerleader is to look hawt. Even the somersaulting bit is optional. ;)

Ardmore_Sooner
9/4/2007, 09:54 AM
True, you guys didn't need to obtain any more dumb, you had enough to begin with.

I was under the impression that the word is dumber..... :confused:

Brian Britt
9/4/2007, 12:13 PM
Precisely. A "Designated Strutter" as it were. Afterall, that band exists for one reason and one reason only. To please 84,000 people on Saturday. If they ain't gettin' it done, changes are indicated. If the kids in the band want to get all music-y and stuff, they can always quit and take up the oboe or something.

While I respect your opinion, since there is NO such thing as a wrong opinion, I have to respectfully agree to disagree. The Pride's main function isn't to please the crowd, but to save face with my music education peers around the state, and to make absolutely sure we don't step on anyone's toes.

Therefore, I propose the following amendments.
-The Pride will no longer play "boomer sooner," since it shows preference to one school, and might be distracting to our respected opponents, thereby making an unfair advantage for one team.
-We will no longer have the OU logo on the front of the Pride's uniforms, because it creates the illusion that we have picked one team to win over another. We're all winners!
-Instead of yelling "Boomer!" and "Sooner!" before the game, we'll yell "Technique!" and "Sportsmanship!" so that everyone can be included and encouraged!
-Any member of the Pride who utters any derogatory words towards the University of Texas will be executed by my crony, Jeff Jahnke. This also includes the upside-down horns handsign.

Rehearsal tomorrow will still take place at our regularly scheduled time at the Pride field. Fire up for muddy field marching excellence!

BOOMER SOONER!

Brian A. Britt
Director of the Pride of Oklahoma
The Greatest Band in all the Land
First Chair - 2001-present

dolemitesooner
9/4/2007, 12:20 PM
While I respect your opinion, since there is NO such thing as a wrong opinion, I have to respectfully agree to disagree. The Pride's main function isn't to please the crowd, but to save face with my music education peers around the state, and to make absolutely sure we don't step on anyone's toes.

-The Pride will no longer play "boomer sooner," since it shows preference to one school, and might be distracting to our respected opponents, thereby making an unfair advantage for one team.
-We will no longer have the OU logo on the front of the Pride's uniforms, because it creates the illusion that we have picked one team to win over another. We're all winners!
-Instead of yelling "Boomer!" and "Sooner!" before the game, we'll yell "Technique!" and "Sportsmanship!" so that everyone can be included and encouraged!
-Any member of the Pride who utters any derogatory words towards the University of Texas will be executed by my crony, Jeff Jahnke. This also includes the upside-down horns handsign.

Rehearsal tomorrow will still take place at our regularly scheduled time at the Pride field. Fire up for muddy field marching excellence!

BOOMER SOONER!

Brian A. Britt
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ardmore_Sooner
9/4/2007, 12:30 PM

BOOMER SOONER!

Brian A. Britt

:D I thought these actions had already been implemented!

Petro-Sooner
9/4/2007, 12:31 PM
Boran and Joe C. were the first to sign off on it. Cause thats how they role.

Lets be nice to our visitors........ Thats all well and good but how about we spot them a touchdown. Thats a nice thing we could do.

Sorry, got off on a tangent. Continue.

Scott D
9/4/2007, 12:32 PM

BOOMER SOONER!

Brian A. Britt

a quality troll wouldn't use the word crony...but rather gone with something more eloquent like 'special assistant to the rectum' :)

Boarder
9/4/2007, 12:41 PM
The more I think about the Florida Gator thing the madder I get. What the heck is wrong with people? What would posess someone to play that at an OU game?

proud gonzo
9/4/2007, 01:11 PM
No, the most important function of a cheerleader is to look hawt. Even the somersaulting bit is optional. ;)then why are so many of ours skeery looking? :eek:

Ardmore_Sooner
9/4/2007, 01:46 PM
The more I think about the Florida Gator thing the madder I get. What the heck is wrong with people? What would posess someone to play that at an OU game?

Oh you didn't hear? Someone wrote Britt a fat check to play it at the game. No joke.

OUAndy1807
9/4/2007, 04:23 PM
what burns me up even worse are the people on another board (a lot of whom appear to be Pride members) who are like "so what. it's a song. whatever. I want to go to the Macy's parade."

stealing fight songs/traditions is for high schools, not schools with the history of OU. AND the fact that we would let someone pay us to steal someone else's tradition is doubly bad. It would be different if we were talking about William Tell or something because everyone plays that. Whenever I hear this new stinger all I think of the whole time is SEC.

Brian Britt
9/5/2007, 11:18 AM
Dear Sooner fans,

Welcome to Wednesday, one of my top seven most favorite days of the week!
I hope none of you were expecting a different show this week than you saw last week! I decided that since none of you pay any attention to the drill anyways, we're keeping all the drill from last week and just slapping new music on top of it! Hope you don't notice!
Fire up for repetitive excellence!

BOOMER SOONER!

Brian A. Britt
Recently Tenured Director of the Pride of Oklahoma

P.S. I'm serious

1stTimeCaller
9/5/2007, 11:48 AM
Honestly, who pays attention to the band?

They're nice for background noise but who watches the halftime show?

colleyvillesooner
9/5/2007, 12:15 PM
I mean, they haven't even updated their gameday page for this year yet!!!! :mad:

http://bands.ou.edu/pride/

Jeff Jahnke
9/5/2007, 01:14 PM
Happy Wednesday everyone!

It's quite disheartening to see so many of you fine, respectable Sooner fans calling for the head of my immediate superior! We'll just have to agree to disagree, I suppose. After all, that's how progress is made - by not changing a thing, even if it's totally wrong!

Fire up for stagnation excellence!

BOOMER!

Sincerely,

Mr. Jeff E. Jahnke
Assistant Director of Bands
Conductor of Concert Band
Showmen Basketball Band Coordinator
Former Pride Drum Major

Half a Hundred
9/5/2007, 01:38 PM
stealing fight songs/traditions is for high schools, not schools with the history of OU. AND the fact that we would let someone pay us to steal someone else's tradition is doubly bad. It would be different if we were talking about William Tell or something because everyone plays that. Whenever I hear this new stinger all I think of the whole time is SEC.

Umm, you might want to rethink that statement. Seems to me that "Boomer Sooner" isn't exactly original.

Just sayin' :texan:

OUAndy1807
9/5/2007, 01:43 PM
Umm, you might want to rethink that statement. Seems to me that "Boomer Sooner" isn't exactly original.

Just sayin' :texan:
short of inventing a time machine, going back in time and shouting my outrage back then, there's really nothing I can do about that. plus, when we adopted Boomer Sooner, we weren't exactly a college football powerhouse with tons of traditions of our own.

Just sayin'

yermom
9/5/2007, 01:46 PM
Boola Boola :D

Scott D
9/5/2007, 01:52 PM
I sent Britt a check for $5 to play La Cucaracha when Miami gets the ball. I'll consider legal action if I don't hear it.

Brian Britt
9/5/2007, 02:04 PM
I sent Britt a check for $5 to play La Cucaracha when Miami gets the ball. I'll consider legal action if I don't hear it.

What a litigous society we live in!
Keep the money rolling, though. Everything has a price, including the integrity of the Pride of Oklahoma. I'm sure you all remember our little commercial indeavor with American Eagle. Seriously though I'll take whatever you've got.
BOOMER $OONER!

Brian A. Britt
Paypal Account #28J38SA4IL

PrideTuba
9/5/2007, 09:33 PM
The pride needs more people like this in band:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bOQucmmF9XM

Supposedly the directors and staff come on here and read the stuff we say about them and they, "laugh about it."

GottaHavePride
9/5/2007, 09:35 PM
I personally saw a single tuba player get "the hand" from a director back when the basketball band was at full Roland strength. The rest of the tuba section just sat there laughing.

TopDawg
9/5/2007, 09:46 PM
Oh you didn't hear? Someone wrote Britt a fat check to play it at the game. No joke.

Has anyone gotten confirmation on this? The only thing I've heard is that some dude "learned from his roommate" that this happened.

I don't see what the big deal is either, though. It's not like it's exclusively Florida or anything. Other schools do it too. It's not quite as popular as the "we're gonna beat the hell outta you" thing, but it's not like we stole UT's Fight Song or anything.

Oh, wait, that's not original either.

OUAndy1807
9/5/2007, 09:46 PM
I personally saw a single tuba player get "the hand" from a director back when the basketball band was at full Roland strength. The rest of the tuba section just sat there laughing.
I'm a retired tuba player. what's the hand?

also, I forgot how hard tubas rock.

PrideTrombone
9/5/2007, 10:36 PM
I'm a retired tuba player. what's the hand?

also, I forgot how hard tubas rock.

The "Ohmygodyou'replayingsodamnloudIhearnothingbuttuba" hand.

GottaHavePride
9/5/2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah, for "The Hand" I picture Keith Jackson striking the "Stop In The Name Of Love" pose and shouting WHOA NELLIE!

proud gonzo
9/5/2007, 11:34 PM
HEH

Ruuuuuufus
9/5/2007, 11:49 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oksCOUeIjYg&mode=related&search=

Ardmore_Sooner
9/5/2007, 11:52 PM
Has anyone gotten confirmation on this? The only thing I've heard is that some dude "learned from his roommate" that this happened.

I don't see what the big deal is either, though. It's not like it's exclusively Florida or anything. Other schools do it too. It's not quite as popular as the "we're gonna beat the hell outta you" thing, but it's not like we stole UT's Fight Song or anything.

Oh, wait, that's not original either.

I heard it from a band member. I don't really care, just wish that person would have written a check for the Pride to play like they did back a few years ago, when you could HEAR them. :pop:

Jeff Jahnke
9/9/2007, 07:34 PM
Happy Sunday evening, Sooner nation!

By your lack of disparaging comments I assume you must have thoroughly enjoyed the performance of the Pride yesterday! It really was amazing that we were able to repeat the exact marching drill of the last game and just throw new (quiet) music right on top of it. I don't know about you all, but I'm looking forward to more mediocrity next week.

Boomer!

Mr. Jeff Jahnke
Assisant Director of Bands
Former Pride Drum Major

LilSooner
9/9/2007, 08:05 PM
Ok I don't understand this maybe one of you pride members can elaborate more.

You aren't in the band to go to contests to win like you do in high school, right? There's no national championship of marching bands is there?

No?

Then who the f*ck cares how well you play. You are they like the cheerleaders are there to entertain us! Do you ****ing job dammit!

Petro-Sooner
9/9/2007, 09:27 PM
Exactly!!! I did however enjoy halftime covering songs from the musical Oklahoma. Not, this weeks salute to dairy products.

dolemitesooner
9/9/2007, 10:53 PM
The pride is a ****ing joke. Brian britt is a joke. The pride will never play as weel as it did pre-britt. ****ing faggot

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/10/2007, 06:39 AM
Dear Britt and Jahnke,

It would have been nice to have heard music from Oklahoma! or the Oklahoma Rising Fanfare. Instead, all I saw was a bunch of people with silent instruments roaming the field. Why can't your halftime shows be played with the same bravado that you play pre-game?

Okla-homey
9/10/2007, 06:43 AM
Why can't we have a band the team and fans can be proud of? We go to games to have fun and feast. Not be forced to suck down the musical equivalent of creamed asparagus.

P.S. Please sh1t-can the gator thingy.

Scott D
9/10/2007, 11:05 AM
Did they play La Cucaracha at any point?

dolemitesooner
9/10/2007, 11:31 AM
Did they play La Cucaracha at any point?
No THEY DID NOT

Scott D
9/10/2007, 11:33 AM
legal representation be at the ready.

Jimminy Crimson
9/10/2007, 07:23 PM
We're OU. We deserve a band the football team can be proud of.

No offense to any of the band members that don't like Britt, as they put in quite a bit of time to OU and have logic, but they're being led around by a group of idiots.

Britt and your followers, p!ss off. :D

OnlyOneOklahoma
9/11/2007, 11:49 AM
i do believe that the awesomeness that is "Roll Over Beethoven" and that damn rolling stones song will be present at Utah State and Tulsa. you see...the pride is a collection of students and we cannot pressure them to learn too many drills or they might melt down and the directors could be sued.:pop: