PDA

View Full Version : Juaqin Iglesias

GDC
8/31/2005, 09:15 PM
Is he going to be the most pleasant surprise of this season?

critical_phil
8/31/2005, 09:18 PM
i hope he has that mole removed from the side of his face........

IronSooner
8/31/2005, 09:33 PM
He looked pretty good from what I saw. Hope he can take advantage of whatever chances he gets to play.

SoonerStormchaser
8/31/2005, 09:47 PM
he can be your hero baby...

sooneron
8/31/2005, 09:52 PM
he can be your hero baby...
You were just hit up with a ****load of spek, sooneron style! :texan:

ultimatesooner1
8/31/2005, 10:41 PM
cool name at least, lest hope he makes a bunch of plays

GDC
9/1/2005, 08:11 AM
It just seems he was almost a recruiting afterthought and yet has outperformed many of the other receivers so far.

GDC
1/16/2006, 09:51 PM
self-congratulatory bump:D

sooner13f
1/16/2006, 09:57 PM
They saw something that no one else could see. Right here in Killeen and nobody thought he was good enough to play at that level. Roy Miller was the only kid they ever talked about.

StoopTroup
1/16/2006, 10:08 PM
This one looks like a golf ball.

http://www.cosmeticclinics.com/procedures/images/molebefore.jpg

User Name
1/16/2006, 10:49 PM

I'd hit it.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/16/2006, 10:59 PM
I was actually just watching my Holiday bowl DVD. The kid played awesome in that game.

bigdsooner
1/16/2006, 11:46 PM

http://www.cosmeticclinics.com/procedures/images/molebefore.jpg

:D thats nasty

Hella Sideburns
1/16/2006, 11:50 PM
It's iNglesias you morons, keith jackson couldnt be wrong about that could he?

Brasky7
1/17/2006, 12:51 AM
It's iNglesias you morons, keith jackson couldnt be wrong about that could he?

yeah, he was varying between iNglesias and iNglasays... he's old and i don't like him... :D

Hella Sideburns
1/17/2006, 02:04 AM
yeah, he was varying between iNglesias and iNglasays... he's old and i don't like him... :D

Better than Jamal Anderson, at least. I believe he called him "Illusea" at one point.

william_brasky
1/17/2006, 02:09 AM
self-congratulatory bump:D

you'll grow hair on your palms if you do that too much :les:

mikeelikee
1/17/2006, 09:30 AM
Better than Jamal Anderson, at least. I believe he called him "Illusea" at one point.

Well, you're right about Jamal, but at least he had the decency to apologize, even to Juaquin's parents! Could we EVER expect an apology from Keith Jackson? Nyet!

KingDavid
1/17/2006, 10:30 AM
Well, you're right about Jamal, but at least he had the decency to apologize, even to Juaquin's parents! Could we EVER expect an apology from Keith Jackson? Nyet!

I am convinced ever since last year that Mr. Jackson is a closet USC homer. It creeps out in his commentary at times. The only team he seems to give equal treatment is Notre Dame.

I appreciate his voice and all, but it's time for him to hang it up if you ask me, and get voted into the Hall of Fame while he still has life to see it and enjoy it.

Desert Sapper
1/17/2006, 10:54 AM
I was laughing in the Rose Bowl, as Keith tried to pump on USC, while Dan (another Homer) Fouts slowly became a Texas Fan. By the fourth, I think Fouts was actually wanting to have In-Vince-ables love child.

Of course, it was equally funny to listen to the former Oregon QB thrash in fits of agony as he admitted that OU had a chance and, oh my, actually beat his Donald Ducks.

On another note, gdc deserves much props for the Nostradamus prediction about Juaqin before this season. It feels good to have so much returning next season.

critical_phil
1/17/2006, 10:59 AM
I am convinced ever since last year that Mr. Jackson is a closet USC homer. It creeps out in his commentary at times. The only team he seems to give equal treatment is Notre Dame.

I appreciate his voice and all, but it's time for him to hang it up if you ask me, and get voted into the Hall of Fame while he still has life to see it and enjoy it.

how many notre dame games does KJ do a year?

NormanPride
1/17/2006, 11:13 AM
Iglesias is a great receiver, but we have yet to see if he can stretch the field. He seems to be really good at finding space and then running with the ball... comparisons to Clayton? They do look a bit similar.

Pepe Frias' Batting Glove
1/17/2006, 02:38 PM
ˇMe gusto mucho Juaquin! ˇY Jacob Gutierrez! ˇSon el Sooners más grande desde Tony Pena III!

KingDavid
1/17/2006, 03:04 PM
how many notre dame games does KJ do a year?

I'm not sure if he does any. Perhaps the USC/ND match up every other year, when ABC carries it?

My point is that it seems to me that he has both schools, especially USC, in a tier above the rest. Not that they aren't up there. But the way he treated OU in his pre-Orange bowl comments was not much better than a mixed breed dog - it was as if no one belonged on the same field with USC. Granted, we didn't do much to disprove that with our play, but that's beside the point since we're talking about pre-game attitudes and comments here.

He was actually better this year with U.T. than he was last year with O.U., which makes positively no sense, unless you consider that he might just be pandering to the schools with the biggest media markets and public following, Now that I think about it, that probably explains it. I suppose it's moderately understandable for a guy who makes his reputation on public appeal.

Listen to him next year when he calls the USC games, I can promise you that you'll hear it, and you won't have to listen too closely. He idolizes that program.

cobrapilot
1/18/2006, 09:52 AM
Iglesaias was a raw talent in high school, as was Tommie Harris. Both were spoiled little babies that had temper tantrums and never played to their potential. The OU staff changed that in both of them immediately. Kudos to Stoops and staff for having the ability to see that in both of these kids and to turn them around.

As a side note, Bomar's dad is a former coach at Killeen High School. they moved to Grand Prairie when Rhett was in middle school. His dad had a long history of making college quarterbacks.