PDA

View Full Version : T-minus 10 minutes . . . it's almost time to get Lost v2.0

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

OklahomaTrombone
9/29/2005, 01:41 PM
OK...so John presses execute.

the dial roles back to 108.

But it doesn't immediately start.

With how fast it was moving....after it rolled back we would have seen it start moving again.

SoonerWood
9/29/2005, 01:43 PM
Did anyone get a count of how many lines that guy had scratched on the wall?

OklahomaTrombone
9/29/2005, 01:49 PM
more than 108.

SoonerWood
9/29/2005, 01:56 PM
Someone needs to watch the whole series backwards and find all the hidden backmasking stuff.

Not it!

:D

Czar Soonerov
9/29/2005, 01:59 PM
Did anyone get a count of how many lines that guy had scratched on the wall?

I'm sure some nutcsase somewhere is counting them right now... :eddie:

Mjcpr
9/29/2005, 02:02 PM
I'm sure some nutcsase somewhere is counting them right now... :eddie: :norm:

OklahomaTrombone
9/29/2005, 02:09 PM
I'm sure some nutcsase somewhere is counting them right now... :eddie:

http://img41.exs.cx/img41/3272/GuinessBarTowel.jpg

Norm In Norman
9/29/2005, 02:12 PM
I found this audio clip on another board, it's something Walt said, played backwards.

http://waltreversed.ytmnd.com/

Sounds like "Press the button, the button's bad" or "Where's the button, don't, button's bad"

I don't know where he originally said it though. Anyone know anything about this?
Pearl Harbor? Truman wins? The Sox win the pennant? OSU succs?

OUstudent4life
9/29/2005, 02:30 PM
http://www.thedrinkingbird.com/images/the_bird_red.jpg

Homer Simpson didn't have too much luck with one of those.

Mjcpr
9/29/2005, 02:36 PM
Homer Simpson didn't have too much luck with one of those.
I'm just glad somebody got it.

:O

SeattleOUstudent
9/29/2005, 05:51 PM
this show is getting up there for favorite non-sitcom show evar!

tulsaoilerfan
9/29/2005, 05:52 PM
Nice cleavage shot of Kate when she's crawling in the vent....i'm just say'n
VERY NICE INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

tulsaoilerfan
9/29/2005, 05:57 PM
Damn u guys have me all confused, which isn't too hard to do actually.

Pricetag
9/30/2005, 11:32 AM
What happened at the very very end? Our tape shut off with what must have been less than five minutes left. I think it was launching into another Michael flashback when it happened.

Mjcpr
9/30/2005, 12:37 PM
What happened at the very very end? Our tape shut off with what must have been less than five minutes left. I think it was launching into another Michael flashback when it happened.
Tape? Are you Desmond?

;)

Pricetag
9/30/2005, 12:41 PM
Tape? Are you Desmond?

;)
Heh. Are you hem?

Rhino
9/30/2005, 01:26 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sh/47743274/

jk the sooner fan
9/30/2005, 01:30 PM
hmmm, an island that doesnt exist on the map......interesting

Rhino
9/30/2005, 01:41 PM
And it works.

Mapquest (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/main.adp?formtype=latlong&address=&city=&state=&zipcode=)

Go to "Map a lat/long coordinate using decimal values."

Enter: 4.815 and 162.342

jk the sooner fan
9/30/2005, 01:44 PM
hmmm, i sorta think they are overdoing it, i.e. jumping the shark, with the numbers....

enough already! :)

good find though, i'd nominate you for "lost police"

SteelCitySooner
9/30/2005, 03:01 PM
I was thinking that maybe proximity to Desmond may have some healing effect.. Both Jack's patient, and Locke were somehow healed while close to him.? Can't be a coincidence..

jk the sooner fan
9/30/2005, 03:13 PM
desmond healed locke? did i miss something?

Boarder
9/30/2005, 03:15 PM
Wanna be freaked out again? Guess who is playing Jesus...

http://www.gospelofjohnthefilm.com/images/top.jpg

dolemitesooner
9/30/2005, 03:18 PM
Wanna be freaked out again? Guess who is playing Jesus...

http://www.gospelofjohnthefilm.com/images/top.jpg
desmond

SteelCitySooner
9/30/2005, 03:27 PM
I don't think they are "with" the others so much as they washed up on the side of the island the others live on.

The 108 clock? No idea. It seems he reset it to 108 hours. No idea.

Totally missed the shark symbol.

4+8+15+16+23+42 = 108

wierd

SteelCitySooner
9/30/2005, 03:29 PM
desmond healed locke? did i miss something?

No, proximity to Desmond. We never found out what healed Locke's legs did we? Wasn't he paralized in the flashbacks?

jk the sooner fan
9/30/2005, 03:34 PM
well if it healed Locke, it sure failed Boone.....

SteelCitySooner
9/30/2005, 03:37 PM
Did Boone have paralisys? I missed year one and only saw the recap show. Jack's patient and Lock were both paralized and mysteriously healed when near Desmond..

Who knows...just a wild guess..

jk the sooner fan
9/30/2005, 03:39 PM
i just dont think he has healing powers, he asked if anybody up top had gotten sick....

boone had an accident and died of his injuries

SCOUT
9/30/2005, 03:57 PM
Michael used a cane after his car accident in the flashbacks too. He doesn't seem to have a limp now.

So Locke's legs are fixed, Micheal's legs are fixed and Jack's Fiance spine was healed. That is a lot of miracles for a small group of people.

OUinFLA
9/30/2005, 04:00 PM
Nice cleavage shot of Kate when she's crawling in the vent....i'm just say'n

Ya know, a vid cap of this would warrant some serious discussion.
Cant one of you dvd copiers help us out?

SteelCitySooner
9/30/2005, 04:06 PM
Michael used a cane after his car accident in the flashbacks too. He doesn't seem to have a limp now.

So Locke's legs are fixed, Micheal's legs are fixed and Jack's Fiance spine was healed. That is a lot of miracles for a small group of people.

Good point! Didn't even think about Micheal's legs.. This can't be a coincidence..the only commonality so far is Desmond.

OklahomaTrombone
9/30/2005, 05:16 PM

But he could have lost that limp in the years between with physical therapy.

jk the sooner fan
9/30/2005, 05:28 PM
But he could have lost that limp in the years between with physical therapy.

yeah i seem to remember during his flashback episode last year that his injuries from the accident were only temporary, but would keep him (at that time) from taking care of Walt

he wasnt limping when he went to australia to get Walt.....

SteelCitySooner
9/30/2005, 05:46 PM
I see your point about Micheal..I still think there is a connection on the paralisys miracles though. Maybe not healing 'powers' so to speak, but something is connecting them and it has to be tied to Desmond some how.

Czar Soonerov
9/30/2005, 05:48 PM
Desmond did say "Do you believe in Miriacles?"

yermom
9/30/2005, 05:49 PM
Desmond didn't seem to recognize Locke though, i'm still not sure if he recognizes Jack

Czar Soonerov
9/30/2005, 05:51 PM
I wonder if Jack knows what one snowman said to the other...

hmmmm

jk the sooner fan
9/30/2005, 05:52 PM
I see your point about Micheal..I still think there is a connection on the paralisys miracles though. Maybe not healing 'powers' so to speak, but something is connecting them and it has to be tied to Desmond some how.

watch last season and then tell me ;)

Rhino
9/30/2005, 08:35 PM
I wonder if Jack knows what one snowman said to the other...

hmmmm I'm not going to spoil it, but someone told that joke last season. And it wasn't Jack.

Czar Soonerov
9/30/2005, 08:36 PM
Really?

I now have a research project for the evening. Thanks. :rolleyes:

SoonerObsession
9/30/2005, 10:29 PM
Ya know, a vid cap of this would warrant some serious discussion.
Cant one of you dvd copiers help us out?

http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/2241/kate4dr.jpg

DCSooner
10/5/2005, 12:47 PM
Check this out:

Is 'Lost' a literal enigma?
By Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY
Literary references have been sprinkled throughout the mysteries of Lost: In an episode last season, the character Sawyer was reading Watership Down by Richard Adams, the story of rabbits searching for a safe place in a threatening world. At another point, he read Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time, about time travel.
http://images.usatoday.com/_common/_images/clear.gifhttp://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/10/05/inside-lostbook.jpghttp://images.usatoday.com/_common/_images/clear.gifFlann O'Brien's The Third Policeman will appear in a key scene of Wednesday's Lost episode.http://images.usatoday.com/_common/_images/clear.gif
Look for another literary reference — and possibly another clue to the island's secret — on tonight's Lost (ABC, 9 ET/PT).

At one point, someone will pick up a copy of the novel The Third Policeman by the late Irish writer Flann O'Brien. The cover will be seen for about a second, ABC confirms. (Related story: Lost in the details (http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-10-04-lost-inside_x.htm))

It will be featured at a "key moment" in the show, Craig Wright, who co-wrote the episode with Javier Grillo-Marxuach, told the Chicago Tribune. Wright also said anyone familiar with the book will "have a lot more ammunition" in dissecting Lost plotlines.

Following the bread-crumb trail of clues in Lost has become a passionate pastime, fueled further by a new season that has taken viewers down the hatch. In lost-tv.com's Literary Mysticism area, fans already are analyzing The Third Policeman.

So could this be a Rosetta stone for Lost?

Neither ABC nor the scriptwriters would comment on Policeman or its relation to the plot. But Amy Bauer, a music professor at the University of California-Irvine who helps organize the flood of postings on lost-tv.com, doesn't think so.

A clue such as Policeman is "offered a bit tongue-in-cheek," she says. "O'Brien was a brilliant comic writer, and his absurd take on the world may be a nod to the fans who connect every item in every scene to some overriding scheme."

In The Third Policeman, the narrator is a man who assists in a money-motivated killing. While trying to retrieve the stashed bounty, he passes into a strange world, meeting bicycles, policemen and a band of one-legged men.

Reviewers' reactions varied widely, calling the novel "warped," "silly," "baffling," "inventive" and "frightening."

Its surreal exploration of time, death and existence might be reflective of what's happening on Lost, says Chad Post of publisher Dalkey Archive Press, which is part of Illinois State University.

Speculation on The Third Policeman's cameo already has boosted sales. After the Tribune article appeared, Dalkey sold 8,000 copies in two days, says Post.

O'Brien, a pseudonym for Brian O'Nolan, finished writing the book in 1940, but it wasn't published until 1967, a year after his death. In two reissue printings during the past six years, the book sold 15,000 copies.

DCSooner
10/5/2005, 12:49 PM
Now, check this out:

Very odd...wikipedia claims that today, October 5th, which is supposed to be the day we find out about "The Third Policeman" in "Lost," also happens to be the birthday of that book's author, Flann O'Brien. Weeeeeeird.

PrideTrombone
10/5/2005, 09:03 PM
Well that was suspenseful.

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 09:08 PM
i'm not sure what to make of that episode.......

SteelCitySooner
10/5/2005, 09:20 PM
I was thinking the same thing.. I was thinking prior to tonight that DHARMA may be a government research agency similar to DARPA...I was close.. Looks like it will be a while before we find out what happens if the countdown doesn't get reset.

Getem
10/5/2005, 09:20 PM
So, are the captors the tail section survivors, or did the Latino chick infiltrate the Others? Or is she just working with them for other reasons?

SteelCitySooner
10/5/2005, 09:26 PM
I think she's one of 'them'....whoever 'they' are.

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 09:27 PM
no she was on the flight, one of the last flashback episodes last season had her and jack meeting in the bar before the flight........she's a survivor but i dont think they dudes are

Getem
10/5/2005, 09:33 PM
no she was on the flight, one of the last flashback episodes last season had her and jack meeting in the bar before the flight........she's a survivor but i dont think they dudes are

Yeah, she was row 42, Jack was row 23, 2 of the magic numbers. Wonder who was in rows 4,8,15, and 16?

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 09:35 PM
those rows are the front of the plane right? werent most of them killed?

Norm In Norman
10/5/2005, 09:36 PM
I was wondering why she seemed familiar. I knew there was no way she was staying in the trap.

I can't freakin' believe they pressed the execute button.

OklahomaTrombone
10/5/2005, 09:37 PM
you know jack won't press it when he's on his shift...

OklahomaTrombone
10/5/2005, 09:38 PM
and what is gonna happen with desmond now that he is up top?

are the others going to find him?

did he take enough medicine to "cure" them?

Getem
10/5/2005, 09:39 PM
Probably... but the pilot did survive the crash, plus I don't think there were 15 rows in that section of the plane.

PrideTrombone
10/5/2005, 09:42 PM
and what is gonna happen with desmond now that he is up top?

are the others going to find him?

did he take enough medicine to "cure" them?

Seemed like the medicine was a daily routine for the person in the hatch, not a one time cure.

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 09:44 PM
you know jack won't press it when he's on his shift...

as long as hurley has food in that pantry, he'll push it till the cows come home

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 09:46 PM
anybody catch the polar bears on the orientation film?

OUstudent4life
10/5/2005, 09:49 PM
I read Turn of the Screw in high school, but I can't remember what it's about...

SteelCitySooner
10/5/2005, 09:55 PM
anybody catch the polar bears on the orientation film?

Yeah come to think of it I did..

BTW, what happened with Jack and his wife?

SteelCitySooner
10/5/2005, 09:58 PM

Is it possible that her and the group are the back end of the plane and they think Jin, Michael and Sawyer are the Others, and front end folks think the back end folks are the Others?

OklahomaTrombone
10/5/2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah...I just rewatched the video...there are polar bears.

I wonder where the other videos are

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 10:01 PM
yes its quite possible.....

not sure what happened with jack and his wife.....

one thing that just hit me, locke was paralyzed in a wheelchair when he went to sydney for his "paid adventure".....he wasnt paralyzed in his flashback episodes, so i'm wondering what happened......

SeattleOUstudent
10/5/2005, 10:01 PM
Yeah, she was row 42, Jack was row 23, 2 of the magic numbers. Wonder who was in rows 4,8,15, and 16?

willing to bet they all have met eachother at some point.

SeattleOUstudent
10/5/2005, 10:02 PM
Anyone else think that the last time the code wasnt entered, a large Oceanic crashed on the island?

jk the sooner fan
10/5/2005, 10:02 PM
where the hell is rhino? he's always got an answer/observation or two.....

Getem
10/5/2005, 10:07 PM
yes its quite possible.....

not sure what happened with jack and his wife.....

one thing that just hit me, locke was paralyzed in a wheelchair when he went to sydney for his "paid adventure".....he wasnt paralyzed in his flashback episodes, so i'm wondering what happened......

Well of course the big mystery of tonight's espisode was: How did Locke get his keys back? I predict he has a big emotional scene with Helen, then jumps the fence to get his keys, where dear ol Dad legally shoots him through the spine. With a .42 of course.

Pretty crappy of Helen to dump him after his paralysis. Remember, it was her he called before his trip to try and get her to go?

OklahomaTrombone
10/5/2005, 10:09 PM
Anyone else think that the last time the code wasnt entered, a large Oceanic crashed on the island?

when desmond asked locke how long they had been up there and he said 44 days desmond kinda had a weird look on his face.

Getem
10/5/2005, 10:13 PM
I thought Desmond had been there a few years. Think he had to take a potty break?

SteelCitySooner
10/5/2005, 10:14 PM
Another thought on tonights episode. IN the video, it was said that they would be in the hatch for 540 days.. Why 540 days? Wierd thing is 108 * 5 = 540.

It also seemed as if the video skipped at certain points.. Especially when he started saying that inputing the code is the only thing it can be used for.

Did anyone catch the B.F. Skinner reference? I think this execute button thing is a total psychological expiriment.

yermom
10/5/2005, 10:17 PM
Well of course the big mystery of tonight's espisode was: How did Jack get his keys back? I predict he has a big emotional scene with Helen, then jumps the fence to get his keys, where dear ol Dad legally shoots him through the spine. With a .42 of course.

Pretty crappy of Helen to dump him after his paralysis. Remember, it was her he called before his trip to try and get her to go?

i'm thinking that "Helen" on the phone is someone he is paying to be Helen or something, remember the money thing?

is his dad cold enough to shoot him? i'm thinking more likely he gets paralyzed jumping the fence or something

the idea that not pushing the button crashed the plane is interesting... but it sure seems like Desmond has not missed a button push

Jin speaks English?

OklahomaTrombone
10/5/2005, 10:19 PM
yes...the Jin thing freaked me out...I almost wish I hadn't seen it

yermom
10/5/2005, 10:20 PM
Another thought on tonights episode. IN the video, it was said that they would be in the hatch for 540 days.. Why 540 days? Wierd thing is 108 * 5 = 540.

It also seemed as if the video skipped at certain points.. Especially when he started saying that inputing the code is the only thing it can be used for.

Did anyone catch the B.F. Skinner reference? I think this execute button thing is a total psychological expiriment.

yeah, the Skinner Box thing is interesting...

i'm still Lost on the miracles and Hurley's numbers though

SteelCitySooner
10/5/2005, 10:23 PM
Man! The producers of this show think of everything.. The Hanso Foundation, credited at the end of the orientation vid: http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

This show rocks!

Getem
yes...the Jin thing freaked me out...I almost wish I hadn't seen it

Did he really? Or did he speak a few words that he has learned? I missed that.

OklahomaTrombone
yeah, the Skinner Box thing is interesting...

i'm still Lost on the miracles and Hurley's numbers though

maybe thats the point....

yermom
10/5/2005, 10:25 PM

he didn't even seem to have an accent :confused:

OklahomaTrombone
10/5/2005, 10:26 PM

pretty sure he spoke with no sort of accent like when he said "others" at the end of last weeks episode

Getem
10/5/2005, 10:28 PM
i'm thinking that "Helen" on the phone is someone he is paying to be Helen or something, remember the money thing?

is his dad cold enough to shoot him? i'm thinking more likely he gets paralyzed jumping the fence or something

the idea that not pushing the button crashed the plane is interesting... but it sure seems like Desmond has not missed a button push

Didn't remember that. So maybe real Helen was killed in the accident Locke was paralyzed in? And his dad is definitely that cold.

SteelCitySooner
10/5/2005, 10:32 PM
In Desmond's picture, did that chick he was with look a lot like Jack's wife to you? I thought so when I first saw it but then dismissed it.. but thinking from Jack's reaction after he confronted Desmond in the jungle...."she's my wife!"....makes you think.

yermom
10/5/2005, 10:35 PM
he said "I married her!"

we paused it, i didn't think it looked like her, i think she was a brunette

SteelCitySooner
10/5/2005, 10:38 PM
semantics.. ;)

I thought she was blonde in the pic. It was a quick flash of the pic though..

Norm In Norman
10/5/2005, 10:40 PM
I don't think it was her. And then Desmond said something sorta like "So you used to be married but aren't any more."

Getem
10/5/2005, 10:41 PM
And what's up with Sawyer not using the gun? He had plenty of time to get it out. I hope there's a reason for that, and that the girl asking him about it was not just the writers clumsy attempt to cover that little plot hole.

I hope to God that all these appearances of the numbers and other elements like the bears are all tied up at the end in a way that blows all our minds with its coolness. I have a fear that we will instead be screaming at the end "That's it????!!!! That's the big freakin' mystery??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Norm In Norman
10/5/2005, 10:43 PM
Something about the journey somethin somethin...

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2005, 10:44 PM

Yes, the video did skip; even my 11 year old caught that one which kinda surprised me, but he's a sharp kid. :D I also think that was the reason Locke watched it again, and he found out something VERY important that Jack doesn't know.

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2005, 10:47 PM
Does anyone else think that Locke's "father" is not his father but just a con man? He said something to the effect that " You needed a father figure and i needed a kidney" to Locke in that scene in the car.

SteelCitySooner
10/5/2005, 10:49 PM
Yes, the video did skip; even my 11 year old caught that one which kinda surprised me, but he's a sharp kid. :D I also think that was the reason Locke watched it again, and he found out something VERY important that Jack doesn't know.

So did Locke end up watching it again? Did he catch something that we didn't the first time which maybe is why he was so determined to get the computer fixed? He was pretty adament about watching it again, maybe because of the skip?

Jeez, you walk away from each episode with more questions than answers!

Getem
10/5/2005, 10:51 PM
Does anyone else think that Locke's "father" is not his father but just a con man? He said something to the effect that " You needed a father figure and i needed a kidney" to Locke in that scene in the car.

Could be... he could have bribed that guy at the adoption agency. I don't think so, though. That would undermine Locke's angst.

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2005, 10:58 PM
Hey on this show, i think anything is possible

Getem
10/5/2005, 11:05 PM
Something about the journey somethin somethin...

Yeah yeah, I'm enjoying that.... It's just after all this buildup I'm going to want something more than 6 * 9 = 42. Hmm, who wants to bet that a Hitchhikers book won't show up in Lost somewhere?

SeattleOUstudent
10/5/2005, 11:10 PM
In Desmond's picture, did that chick he was with look a lot like Jack's wife to you? I thought so when I first saw it but then dismissed it.. but thinking from Jack's reaction after he confronted Desmond in the jungle...."she's my wife!"....makes you think.

Or the French woman? :eddie:

SeattleOUstudent
10/5/2005, 11:14 PM
Jin speaks English?

Thats something we had guessed last season. He obviously understood Engarish.

Norm In Norman
10/5/2005, 11:18 PM
Or the French woman? :eddie:
I think he would have really freaked out if it was the french woman.

OU4LIFE
10/6/2005, 04:24 AM
Did anyone else check out the Hanso site? In the closing of each link, it says "Namaste" (nah-moss-tay).

For, Hindu(s), of course, the greeting of choice is "Namaste,"
the two hands pressed together and held near the heart with the
head gently bowed as one says, "Namaste." Thus it is both a
spoken greeting and a gesture, a Mantr(a) and a Mudr(a). The
prayerful hand position is a Mudr(a) called Anjali, from the root
Anj, "to adorn, honor, celebrate or anoint." The hands held in
union signify the oneness of an apparently dual cosmos, the
bringing together of spirit and matter, or the self meeting the
Self. It has been said that the right hand represents the higher
nature or that which is divine in us, while the left hand
represents the lower, worldly nature.

In Sanskrit "Namas" means, "bow, obeisance, reverential
salutation." It comes from the root Nam, which carries meanings
of bending, bowing, humbly submitting and becoming silent. "Te"
means "to you." Thus "namaste" means "I bow to you." the act of
greeting is called "Namaskaram," "Namaskara" and "Namaskar" in
the varied languages of the subcontinent.

Namaste has become a veritable icon of what is Bharatiye. Indeed,
there must be a Bharatiye law which requires every travel
brochure. calendar and poster to include an image of someone with
palms pressed together, conveying to the world Bharat's
hospitality, spirituality and graceful consciousness. You knew
all that, of course, but perhaps you did not know that there can
be subtle ways of enhancing the gesture, as in the West one might
shake another's hand too strongly to impress and overpower them
or too briefly, indicating the withholding of genuine welcome.

In the case of Namaste, a deeper veneration is sometimes
expressed by bringing the fingers of the clasped palms to the
forehead, where they touch the brow, the site of the mystic Third
Eye. A third form of namaste brings the palms completely above
the head, a gesture said to focus consciousness in the subtle
space just above the Brahma-randhra, the aperture in the Crown
Chakr(a). This form is so full of reverence it is reserved for
the Almighty and the holiest of Sat Guru(s).

It is always interesting, often revealing and occasionally
enlightening to muse about the everyday cultural traits and
habits each nation and community evolves, for in the little
things our Big ideas About Life find direct and personal
expression. Take, for instance, the different ways that American
and Japanese tool-makers approach the same task. A saw for
cutting lumber, if designed in the U.S., is made in such a way
that the carpenter's stroke away from his body does the cutting.
But in japan saws are engineered so that cutting takes place as
the carpenter draws the saw toward himself. A small detail, but
it yields a big difference.

The American saw can, if leaned into, generate more power, while
the Japanese saw provides more control and refinement in the cut,
requiring surprisingly less effort. Each has its place in the
global toolbox. each speaks -- like the handshake and namaste
greetings -- of an underlying perception of man's relationship
with things.

In the West we are outgoing, forceful, externalized. We are told
by Ma bell to "reach out and touch somebody." We are unabashedly
acquisitive, defining our progress in life by how much we have --
how much wealth, influence, stored up knowledge, status or
whatever. Every culture exhibits these traits to some extent, but
in the east Mother is there to remind us, "Reach in and touch the
Self." here we are taught to be more introspective, more
concerned with the quality of things than their quantity, more
attuned with the interior dimension of life.

So, there you have it, the whole of Eastern and Western culture
summed up in the handshake which reaches out horizontally to
greet another, and Namaste which reaches in vertically to
acknowledge that, in truth, that there is no other.

As a test of how these two greetings differ, imagine you are
magically confronted with the Divine. The Paramatma, Almighty,
walks up to you on the street. What do you do? reach out to shake
His hand? Probably not. Though suitable between man and man, it;'
an unseemly expression between man and Paramatma. We never shake
hands with paramatma. I mean, what if your palms are sweating?

So you namaste instead. the reason it feels natural to namaste
before Paramatma is that it is, in its very essence, a spiritual
gesture, not a worldly one. By a handshake we acknowledge our
equality with others. We reveal our humanity. We convey how
strong we are, how nervous, how aggressive or passive. There is
bold physicality to it. For these and other reasons, Popes never
shake hands. Kings never shake hands. Even mothers don't shake
hands with their own children.

Namaste is cosmically different. Kings do namaste, Sat Guru(s)
namaste and mothers namaste to their own family. We all namaste
before the Almighty, a holy man or even a holy place. The namaste
gesture bespeaks our inner valuing of the sacredness of all. It
betokens our intuition that all souls are divine, in their
essence. It reminds us in quite a graphic manner, and with
insistent repetition, that we can see Paramatma everywhere and in
every human being we meet. It is saying, silently, "I see the
Deity in us both, and bow before Him or Her. I acknowledge the
holiness of even this mundane meeting. I cannot separate that
which is spiritual in us from that which is human and ordinary."

And while we are singing the praises of Namaste, it should be
observed how efficient a gesture it is in an age of mass
communication. A politician, or performer can greet fifty
thousand people with a single Namaste, and they can return the
honor instantly. In such a situation a handshake is unthinkable
and a mere waving of one hand is somehow too frivolous.

There are other, more mystical meanings behind Namaste. The nerve
current of the body converge in the feet, the solar plexus and
the hands. Psychic energy leaves the body at these junctures. To
"ground" that energy and balance the flow of Pran(a) streaming
through the nerve system, Yogi(s) cross their legs in the lotus
posture, and bring their hands together. The Anjali Mudra acts
like a simple Yog(ic) Asan(a), balancing and harmonizing our
energies, keeping us centered, inwardly poised and mentally
protected. It closes our aura, shielding us psychically. It keeps
us from becoming too externalized, thus we remain close to our
intuitive nature, our super consciousness.

Newbomb Turk
10/6/2005, 07:24 AM
Can someone summarize 4Life's post? I'm too lazy to read all of that. :texan:

sooner_born_1960
10/6/2005, 07:26 AM
Namaste is like a handshake, only different.

Newbomb Turk
10/6/2005, 07:43 AM
Namaste is like a handshake, only different.

Thanks - now it all makes sense. ;)

Newbomb Turk
10/6/2005, 07:44 AM
Noticed I had 666 posts, so I just had to post something else to get off that number. :eek:

OU4LIFE
10/6/2005, 07:47 AM
and it's Hindu....

SCOUT
10/6/2005, 08:46 AM
I keep coming back to the bigger picture for this show. How could they have survived such a plane crash? How did Locke regain the ability to walk again (and other miracles)? The plane crash is not the first major accident on this island. There was a ship, the French woman and her crew and now flight 815. Locke seems to understand more about their situation everyone else and spent a lot of time communicating/praying to the hatch.

Each person seems to have some unresolved issues that they need to take care of and are somehow able to do it on the island (Jack and his Dad, Locke and his walkabout, Kate and her new beginning, Jin and his wife's marital rebirth etc.).

Desmond told Jack (twice now) that he would see him in another life. More and more the show seems to be focusing on things like faith. They emphasized last night that the world was being saved from destruction because of Desomnds faith. The opposite of that is that Desomnd did not have enough faith to let the clock expire and free himself from what must have been a horrible existence. The faith ties nicely in to all the miracles that have happened and just been accepted too.

I wonder if this island is not some kind of purgatory where people deal with the unresolved issues of their lives until they can move on.

Of course, I didn't get much sleep last night so this could all be incoherent babble.

jk the sooner fan
10/6/2005, 08:48 AM
well we have to remember that Desmond hasnt gotten more than 103 minutes of sleep at a time for quite awhile, so i would imagine he's got a level of nuttiness just from that

why jack pushed the button is beyond me, and why the rest of them stood there waiting for him to do it when they could have done it themselves....

jack is the central character, and i think thats where the answer to the puzzle is....i think it somehow all revolves around him

what the answer is though, i have no earthly idea......

Mjcpr
10/6/2005, 08:54 AM
I don't recall actually seeing Jack do it so are we sure Jack pushed the button or we assuming he did because the timer reset? When I watched it live, I thought I'm not so sure he pushed it and it just automatically reset to 108 when it go to 0 and Jack was right.......there's nothing to it.

But I suck at deciphering this show, so.....

jk the sooner fan
10/6/2005, 08:57 AM
everybody moved away from it, but you're right, they didnt show him pushing it, just a finger...who knows....

OU4LIFE
10/6/2005, 09:10 AM
well, you HAVE to assume he pushed it because Locke said "i'll take the first shift"...if he had not pushed it, there would be no need for a shift, cause it would automatically reset and stuff.

Mjcpr
10/6/2005, 09:15 AM
well, you HAVE to assume he pushed it because Locke said "i'll take the first shift"...if he had not pushed it, there would be no need for a shift, cause it would automatically reset and stuff.
Good point, Hairy. I forgot about him saying that.

I'll leave this stuff to the experts now. :O

crawfish
10/6/2005, 09:23 AM
The whole thing sounds like a psychology experiment to me, that for some reason has taken on a life of its own.

Or is that just what we're SUPPOSED to think?

Norm In Norman
10/6/2005, 09:42 AM
Hmmmmm ... we're sitting around pondering crazy crap about a show that might be about a crazy psychological experiment.

skycat
10/6/2005, 09:46 AM
The whole thing sounds like a psychology experiment to me, that for some reason has taken on a life of its own.

Well, that's exactly what Jack said, and there were certainly hints that that could be true. The film's striking lack of description of what the code does certainly makes it easy to jump to that conclusion.

What I don't get are the subjects to be studied at these facilities. The orientation film mentions psychology (back to the "it's all an experiment" idea), para-psychology, zoology, and electro-magnetism?!

I guess I can see some sort of new-agey, crystals and energy sort of connection, but that seems like a weird group of fields to stick together to me.

yermom
10/6/2005, 10:04 AM
Hmmmmm ... we're sitting around pondering crazy crap about a show that might be about a crazy psychological experiment.

if that is the case, i may not ever watch TV again :)

crawfish
10/6/2005, 10:09 AM
What I don't get are the subjects to be studied at these facilities. The orientation film mentions psychology (back to the "it's all an experiment" idea), para-psychology, zoology, and electro-magnetism?!

I guess I can see some sort of new-agey, crystals and energy sort of connection, but that seems like a weird group of fields to stick together to me.

Well, what it likely does mean is that there are four more "stations" on the island. This gives us some big clues, though:

Psychology: the hatch
Parapsychology: Walt?
Zoology: the shark, polar bears
Sociology: the "others", a failed social utopian experiment?
Electro-magnitism: the cause of all the planes/boats crashing on the island, and the reason nobody can get off?

skycat
10/6/2005, 10:17 AM
Well, what it likely does mean is that there are four more "stations" on the island. This gives us some big clues, though:

Psychology: the hatch
Parapsychology: Walt?
Zoology: the shark, polar bears
Sociology: the "others", a failed social utopian experiment?
Electro-magnitism: the cause of all the planes/boats crashing on the island, and the reason nobody can get off?

I still think that that group of subjects is odd to put together.

But this is what I found interesting about your post. I had assumed that the other four stations were spread out across the world, and that only station 3 was on the island. Anybody else have an idea one way or the other about that?

jk the sooner fan
10/6/2005, 10:23 AM
no i think thats a good observation, no idea where the other stations might be

crawfish
10/6/2005, 10:32 AM
I still think that that group of subjects is odd to put together.

But this is what I found interesting about your post. I had assumed that the other four stations were spread out across the world, and that only station 3 was on the island. Anybody else have an idea one way or the other about that?

I also thought that at first, until I thought about how well those stations matched the situations we've seen elsewhere. The polar bears/monogrammed shark seem to be a dead giveaway, and the term "utopia" made me think the "others" were at first a group of people trying to establish some kind of edenic society on the island but went horribly awry.

I have no idea how you'd tie all those subjects together, though. I'll just have to keep watching. :)

OU4LIFE
10/6/2005, 10:35 AM

I don't think it is...I mean, remember Jacks key being drawn toward that wall, and Desmond saying how it mad his fillings hurt when he passed by it. There's for sure something there.

Maybe the film and stuff was just a ploy to keep them doing something that powers the system. They may think it's going to blow up...but instead if they didn't enter the sequence, it might just quit working.

yermom
10/6/2005, 10:47 AM
i thought it was 3 of 6?

OklahomaTrombone
10/6/2005, 10:56 AM
The orientation video was three of six

OUstudent4life
10/6/2005, 11:02 AM
I really don't know if it has anything to do with the actual story, but they made such a point to say the tape was "behind The Turn of the Screw."

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/screw/summary.html

I laughed at that part, 'cause the copy they pulled out was the exact same one I read in high school, that thin paperback with the crazy cover.

crawfish
10/6/2005, 11:05 AM
Just checked, yes, it was 3 of 6. The final area was meteorology...

OUstudent4life
10/6/2005, 11:06 AM
Oh, the themes of TTotS (from that website):

The Corruption of the Innocent
The Destructiveness of Heroism
Forbidden Subjects

Motifs:

Vision
A Ship Lost at Sea
Silence

Symbols:

Light
The Written Word

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/screw/themes.html

The descriptions of all the themes are pretty cool, when thinking about the show.

Rhino
10/6/2005, 11:15 AM
1) JIN!!! (That was the most AHHHHHH!!!! part of the episode)

2) Where the hell is this front door entrance?!? And why didn't they find it before?

3) JIN!!!

4) I think Michelle Rodriguez's character was on the plane and the people with her were too. Did you see one of the women wearing a business skirt? I think "the others" still exist, but this group is not them. MRod's society and Jack's society are going to collide pretty harshly.

skycat
10/6/2005, 11:23 AM
1) 4) I think Michelle Rodriguez's character was on the plane and the people with her were too. Did you see one of the women wearing a business skirt? I think "the others" still exist, but this group is not them. MRod's society and Jack's society are going to collide pretty harshly.

Absolutely. It looks like we've got a little Lord of the Flies action coming up. The castaways have two groups where one is trying to retain civilization, while the other one is digging prison pits, bearing their chests, and clubbing strangers no questions asked.

OUinFLA
10/6/2005, 11:24 AM
If you buy into the "experiment" theory, organized by the couple on the film, then perhaps the resetting of the clock is sending a signal to the "home monitoring facility" that the "subjects" are still doing what they were instructed.
Now, if that were true, what if the "home monitoring facility" has gone defunct and the couple that started the program are dead for some reason and no one in the real world knows that the facilities are still operational?

Then again............. I'm sure at this point there are a thousand theories.
I'm just hoping the writer of the series doesnt die before his warped mind provides an answer to our questions.

Remember, X-Files, just kept going and going and getting stranger and weirder, and then.................it ended.

Boarder
10/6/2005, 11:44 AM
You know, I almost want to just forget about the show, wait til it's over, then get the DVDs and watch it like one huge movie. But I can't, though. :(

OklahomaTrombone
10/6/2005, 11:45 AM
That would be the longest movie ever.

Pricetag
10/6/2005, 02:46 PM
Absolutely. It looks like we've got a little Lord of the Flies action coming up. The castaways have two groups where one is trying to retain civilization, while the other one is digging prison pits, bearing their chests, and clubbing strangers no questions asked.
I'm not sure the other group of survivors has gone crazy or anything. Perhaps they, like the original group we've followed for the past one-plus season, assume they are the only survivors, and distrust anyone else they meet, regardless of story. Remember, Ethan infiltrated the group by posing as a survivor, as well. Being on the other side of the island, perhaps they have received the brunt of the Others' punishment, hence the attack on sight policy.

Did anyone else have a flashback to Sayid getting smacked upside the head when that dude was clubbing the guys on the beach?

yermom
10/6/2005, 03:51 PM
yeah, but that was Locke that hit Sayid :eek:

tulsaoilerfan
10/6/2005, 10:16 PM
What about Jin speaking perfect english in the teaser for next week? Am i the only one that saw that?

DCSooner
10/6/2005, 10:17 PM
What about Jin speaking perfect english in the teaser for next week? Am i the only one that saw that?
What!?!?! Awe man!! You spoiled it!!!!

Norm In Norman
10/6/2005, 10:25 PM
DAMNIT! Use the damn spoiler tags!

I guess me avoiding the teasers for next week was a bit useless now. Be a bit more considerate.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OklahomaTrombone
10/6/2005, 10:26 PM
We used them earlier....because Yermom and I care.

heh

Norm's not gonna read this but in case he does, SOMEONE DIES NEXT WEEK!!!!

yermom
10/6/2005, 10:54 PM
DAMNIT! Use the damn spoiler tags!

I guess me avoiding the teasers for next week was a bit useless now. Be a bit more considerate.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:dolemite: was whining about the trailers, he was so mad after last week

he wasn't ready for them, i guess since he watched the whole first season on DVD

Norm In Norman
10/6/2005, 11:09 PM
I like being surprised. I'm that way with movies to. I think I didn't see one single trailer for Spiderman 2 before it came out. That was pretty hard. I went to a couple of movies that had that trailer on too and I just shut my eyes and plugged my ears. I'm going to watch the damn thing, so there is no need to give me spoilers just to get me to watch it.

My wife reads the last page of her books to see what happens. She asked me what happened in the last harry potter when it came out and I told her no f'n way I was going to tell her. Then she went online to try and find out and couldn't find it easily, so she gave up. SHE HASN'T EVEN READ PAST THE THIRD ONE YET! It drives me crazy.

Newbomb Turk
10/7/2005, 06:58 AM
I like being surprised. I'm that way with movies to. I think I didn't see one single trailer for Spiderman 2 before it came out. That was pretty hard. I went to a couple of movies that had that trailer on too and I just shut my eyes and plugged my ears. I'm going to watch the damn thing, so there is no need to give me spoilers just to get me to watch it.

http://www.explicacoes.com/php_nuke/html/images/upload/Three_Monkeys.jpg

swardboy
10/7/2005, 08:13 AM
A note on that crappy hanso film...I tivo'd, and after the name of Skinner is pronounced by the narrator, the word "imagine" is almost subliminally whispered. And no, I have no freakin' idea what that's about!

SoonerWood
10/7/2005, 09:08 AM
OMG - If you play the "imagine" part backwards, it says "enigami"

Which is a lot like a word you might get if you mixed the words "enigma" and "origami". Now think about that for a second. Can't you make polar bears in origami? YEP! And isn't this whole series an enigma? YEP!

We are SOOOO on the right track here.

Oh... and I bet Jin is in the Hanso Foundation

Pricetag
10/7/2005, 09:34 AM
I don't like Jin being able to speak English. There have been a couple of priceless moments thus far where Jin says a thousand words with facial expression alone.

crawfish
10/7/2005, 09:47 AM
I don't like Jin being able to speak English. There have been a couple of priceless moments thus far where Jin says a thousand words with facial expression alone.

Sun's dream, according to what I read

DCSooner
10/7/2005, 10:52 AM
Sun's dream, according to what I read
DAMN YOU CRUSTACEAN!!!!

Hatfield
10/11/2005, 08:34 AM
http://lost-media.com/modules/coppermine/albums/ep-caps/season1/1x03-tabularasa/tabularasa530.jpg

(right side of the plane)

quite possibly the best show EVER.

Mjcpr
10/11/2005, 08:35 AM
Is that the Dharma logo......or whatever?

OklahomaTuba
10/11/2005, 08:36 AM
Bank of Oklahoma logo??

jk the sooner fan
10/11/2005, 08:38 AM
wow...thats it

OUthunder
10/11/2005, 08:42 AM
hmmmn. good catch.

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2005, 08:49 AM
I saw that, I just didn't want to spoil it for ya'll. Thanks Hat, ;)

OklahomaTuba
10/11/2005, 08:54 AM
might have been posted already...

http://thehansofoundation.org/dharma.html

Hatfield
10/11/2005, 09:15 AM
p.s. jin is a ninja and there is no way he would have been captured unless he wanted to be

crawfish
10/11/2005, 09:16 AM
p.s. jin is a ninja and there is no way he would have been captured unless he wanted to be

Wimpiest ninja EVER.

SoonerWood
10/11/2005, 09:41 AM
I'm starting to think the 'others' were a part of another experiment on the island and know more about these plane crash survivors than the survivors know about themselves.

DCSooner
10/11/2005, 10:50 AM
Eff-A-Are-Kay
clap-clap-clapclapclap

yermom
10/12/2005, 05:00 PM
might have been posted already...

http://thehansofoundation.org/dharma.html

weird.

https://www.thehansofoundation.org/

crawfish
10/12/2005, 05:14 PM
Do NOT go here:

http://www.oceanicflight815.com/

Click on the bar code, type in "theislandiswaiting", and click enter.

DO NOT DO IT.

yermom
10/12/2005, 05:17 PM
:eek:

that has to be a decoy... or something

Czar Soonerov
10/12/2005, 05:17 PM
http://bigspaceship1.com/

check out the morse code at the top... hmmmm

translation...

"SOMETIMES A POLAR PEAR IS JUST A POLAR BEAR"

yermom
10/12/2005, 05:19 PM
i can't decide if "PEAR" is a typo? :confused:

SeattleOUstudent
10/12/2005, 05:37 PM
Do NOT go here:

Click on the bar code, type in "theislandiswaiting", and click enter.

DO NOT DO IT.

what the hell? Zombie? What eppisode is this supposed to be in?

Getem
10/12/2005, 05:49 PM
:eek:

that has to be a decoy... or something

I think you're right - it's a red herring. No way Walt becomes a zombie

OU Adonis
10/12/2005, 08:06 PM
Sawyer is so cool..

"B!@#@!"

dolemitesooner
10/12/2005, 09:01 PM
What a great episode..I love the feel good episodes. That was proably on of my favorites

Norm In Norman
10/12/2005, 09:01 PM
SUCKERS! You guys thought Jin could talk!

Now please, don't put stuff from next week on here without spoiler tags. Again, I did NOT watch the teaser for next week.

SeattleOUstudent
10/12/2005, 09:05 PM
mixed emotions on that one. IT was one of the least suspensful episodes, but really had a "feel good" sense to it.

OklahomaTrombone
10/12/2005, 09:05 PM
the teaser sucked.

SeattleOUstudent
10/12/2005, 09:06 PM
SUCKERS! You guys thought Jin could talk!

Now please, don't put stuff from next week on here without spoiler tags. Again, I did NOT watch the teaser for next week.

You probably got mad they showed helicopters in the teaser this week, huh.

i kid, i kid.

Norm In Norman
10/12/2005, 09:19 PM
Actually he could always talk, he just couldn't speak English. My bad.

This one sorta succed, because we didn't hardly learn ANYTHING. So there were 23 survivors from the tail end of the plane, and most of them are dead now, and there is a lot of concrete, and if you work things just right you get to see Kate in a towel.

Why coudln't these idiots like go searching for all these doorways that are all over the island? They went from none to at least 3, and the tail enders seemed to be able to find frickin' shelter with no problems.

Czar Soonerov
10/12/2005, 09:49 PM
Lets talk about Norm in the spoiler tags. C'mon it'll be fun!!

yermom
10/12/2005, 09:50 PM
Norm sucks. the teaser got cut off on my TiVo... what did Sun say? what happened after that?

Czar Soonerov
10/12/2005, 09:57 PM
what did Sun say? what happened after that?

she said norm sucks. I missed it too.

yermom
10/12/2005, 09:57 PM

translation...

it's changed twice since then, i hear

now it says:

"NARVIK FOR LIFE"

Getem
10/12/2005, 10:04 PM
:norm: I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts

SteelCitySooner
10/12/2005, 10:08 PM
This episode really didn't seem to give that much information or clues.

The dream in the beginning was kinda cool. What's up with that blinking chicken man and the pic of Walt on the milk carton?

I totally didn't expect Bernard to be white!

Definitely raised some questions about the tail end survivors. What happened to the rest of them? I first thought cannabalism but I don't think that is it. But it does have a Lord of the Flies ring to it.

crawfish
10/12/2005, 10:59 PM
For you TIVO guys, at the end of the teaser all the others turn out to look exactly like :norm:

yermom
10/12/2005, 11:11 PM
This episode really didn't seem to give that much information or clues.

The dream in the beginning was kinda cool. What's up with that blinking chicken man and the pic of Walt on the milk carton?

Definitely raised some questions about the tail end survivors. What happened to the rest of them? I first thought cannabalism but I don't think that is it. But it does have a Lord of the Flies ring to it.

i'm thinking the real "others" gained their trust Ethan style, that's why they were so agressive when they found the good guys

SoonerWood
10/13/2005, 12:25 AM
A Møøse once bit my sister ...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/13/2005, 01:12 AM

Yeah I thought her husband was going to be the shirtless black guy.

OUWxGuesser
10/13/2005, 02:41 AM
Is it me or the is the show losing direction? Each week just frustrates me more and more. For every one question they answer, they raise 15 more... very aggravating.

Aaron

Newbomb Turk
10/13/2005, 07:17 AM
Hurley seems to have finally found some happiness - passing out the food to everyone. Kind of wierd that he knew cashing in the lotto ticket was going to be a bad thing.

crawfish
10/13/2005, 07:21 AM
Is it me or the is the show losing direction? Each week just frustrates me more and more. For every one question they answer, they raise 15 more... very aggravating.

Aaron

The show is going in a most definite direction. They're just revealing everything at a glacial pace.

The seem to want the show to last five years and end with a movie...so don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Norm In Norman
10/13/2005, 07:48 AM
i'm thinking the real "others" gained their trust Ethan style, that's why they were so agressive when they found the good guys
I was thinking this same thing. At first i was thinking whatever made Crazy French Chick's Colleagues sick and die killed them, and the shots whosits was taking was keeping him from getting this sickness. Now I'm thinking (since they are acting all tough) that tail-end people are afraid of the "others". i think next week they'll be joining the mid-section people, or at least they will pretty soon.

OU4LIFE
10/13/2005, 08:05 AM

translation...

took a long time to catch it, but I finally did:

http://x10.putfile.com/10/28508044266-thumb.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/28508044266.jpg&s=x10)

yermom
10/13/2005, 08:15 AM
I was thinking this same thing. At first i was thinking whatever made Crazy French Chick's Colleagues sick and die killed them, and the shots whosits was taking was keeping him from getting this sickness. Now I'm thinking (since they are acting all tough) that tail-end people are afraid of the "others". i think next week they'll be joining the mid-section people, or at least they will pretty soon.

when they find ZOMBIE Walt it seems like Micheal and co are in Desmond's hatch. hehehe Norm is a dork

Desmond's shots are kinda weird, i can't help but think it's a placebo and the button does nothing.

OU4LIFE
10/13/2005, 11:22 AM
amazing. absolutley zero play on possibly my best fark ever.

*sigh*

Czar Soonerov
10/13/2005, 11:31 AM
heh

Brad Copeland just told a caller to watch the show a couple times and you won't be able to sleep at night waiting for the next episode.

Did anybody notice Walt on the milk carton in Hurley's dream? heh

yermom
10/13/2005, 11:32 AM
now it says CHOCOLATE ASCLEPIUS

hmm... Asclepius is Apollo's son...

Czar Soonerov
10/13/2005, 11:38 AM
Asclepius

Asclepius was a Greek hero who later become the Greek god of medicine and healing.

hmmm The Island healed Lock...

Turd Ferguson
10/13/2005, 12:10 PM
Did anyone notice that while Hurley was passing out food that someone was suppose to be typing in the code into the computer? If you check and see of those who know of this procedure, Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Locke were there during the food exchange. However, Sayid was the only person not shown during this scene, so are we to assume that Sayid is not a part of the "shifts"? It seems that they are particular about everything in the show, however, I thought they would've caught this.

Czar Soonerov
10/13/2005, 12:17 PM
Wasn't the candy bar named "Apollo"?

found this on another site....

I read through about 5 different LOST forums, and nearly every single one of them has 10 to 15 posts about the different websites associated with LOST and its probably a good idea to delete many of the duplicate threads that are currently running.

The main sites so far have been:

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/
http://www.oceanic-air.com/
http://www.fly-oceanic.com
http://www.oceanic-airlines.com

Still Disputed:
Currently None

Non-Official Sites:
http://www.dharmaindustries.com
http://www.mrclucks.com
http://www.dharmainitiative.com/
http://www.dharmainitiative.org
http://www.dharmainitiative.info
http://www.dharmainitiative.net
http://www.driveshaftband.com
http://www.thehansofoundation.com/
http://www.thehansofoundation.net/
http://www.oceanicfligh815.net
http://www.thedharmainitiative.org
http://www.hansofoundation.net/
http://www.hansofoundation.info/
http://www.hansofoundation.com/
http://www.hansofoundation.org/
http://www.larstornqvist.com
http://www.bigspaceship1.com

jk the sooner fan
10/13/2005, 12:19 PM
sayid was definitely in the feast scene......go back and rewatch it, its a quick glimpse, but he was there

jk the sooner fan
10/13/2005, 12:21 PM
what i got from last nites episode - the "bunker" that sawyer, michael and jin went into had the dharma logo on the wall.....it was faint but it was there....

so that makes me think that perhaps "the others" were at one time pitted against the folks in the bunker under the hatch....it also makes me think there is a third bunker out there...

DCSooner
10/13/2005, 12:26 PM
From MrClucks.com

http://x10.putfile.com/10/28512250582.jpg

yermom
10/13/2005, 12:29 PM
what i got from last nites episode - the "bunker" that sawyer, michael and jin went into had the dharma logo on the wall.....it was faint but it was there....

so that makes me think that perhaps "the others" were at one time pitted against the folks in the bunker under the hatch....it also makes me think there is a third bunker out there...

i'm wondering if Rousseau was in a Dharma bunker as well

Czar Soonerov
10/13/2005, 12:38 PM
symbol in the second hatch.

http://www.gs17.com/dharma_bunk2_2.png

symbol on the shark.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/glasener05/sharklogo.jpg

Czar Soonerov
10/13/2005, 12:50 PM
http://www.gs17.com/lost_logo_logo.jpg

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/13/2005, 12:54 PM
Maybe they are all in the same bunker.

Norm In Norman
10/13/2005, 12:57 PM
Now that's weird.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/13/2005, 12:58 PM
I'm just saying. With all of those tunnels and secret passages, it's possible.

Czar Soonerov
10/13/2005, 01:07 PM
http://lost.cubit.net/pics/waltMissing.jpg

DCSooner
10/13/2005, 01:11 PM
I wish someday someone would invent a resize tool. :D

Boarder
10/13/2005, 01:32 PM
I was wondering how they got milk there. Until I found out it was a dream.

Anyone notice Sayid's Chernobyl comment? I think it was put in there to mess with everyone.

Czar Soonerov
10/13/2005, 01:48 PM

http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/

Mjcpr
10/13/2005, 01:54 PM
Are you trying to tell us you don't own a penis pump?

crawfish
10/13/2005, 01:54 PM

http://www.adjab.com/images/2005/06/enzyte.jpg

skycat
10/13/2005, 02:01 PM
so that makes me think that perhaps "the others" were at one time pitted against the folks in the bunker under the hatch...

That's a great idea. I wish I had thought of something like it. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=930903&postcount=80) :mad:
;)

And now, I'd be surprised if craw wasn't right about there being 6 bunkers on the island.

OU4LIFE
10/13/2005, 02:05 PM
Hey JK, I think there are 5 more bunkers on the island. A total of 6...or maybe 7?

jk the sooner fan
10/13/2005, 02:27 PM
That's a great idea. I wish I had thought of something like it. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=930903&postcount=80) :mad:
;)

And now, I'd be surprised if craw wasn't right about there being 6 bunkers on the island.

dude chill out, if you posted it before me, then great, it just means i havent read every single post on this thread

and yeah, there could be a gazillion bunkers on the island.....

skycat
10/13/2005, 02:32 PM
Chill out? I think your sarcasm detector needs to come in for it's 10,000 mile check.:)

crawfish
10/13/2005, 02:41 PM
Chill out? I think your sarcasm detector needs to come in for it's 10,000 mile check.:)

Dude, JK is known for his sense of humor. :D

jk the sooner fan
10/13/2005, 02:51 PM
Chill out?

why the question mark? did you see me stuttering?

skycat
10/13/2005, 02:58 PM
Chill out.
Chill out?
Chill out!

Now that phrase has lost all meaning.

Boarder
10/13/2005, 03:09 PM
Chill out.
Chill out?
Chill out!

Now that phrase has lost all meaning.

Oooh, did anyone catch the secret word in that post? What does it mean? Scary and spooky at the same time.

OU Adonis
10/13/2005, 03:10 PM
They mentioned 6 stations on the orientation film. My thinking is that these "Stations" would not be on the same island. I say that because they mention somewhere (I think) that station three has something to do studying magnetic fields. If thats the case, that implies the stations are not close to each other. To carry that thought on future I am thinking that each station is located on an island somewhere and this island is "lost". IE everyone forgot about this research.

I think the Bunker that the 2nd set of surviors are in is either connected to the one station or is just some sort of fallout shelter or habitation area.

yermom
10/13/2005, 03:13 PM
the logo doesn't have the swan though, i think it's a separate one

i'm still not sure if the one one the shark is a third one or the other one sideways

OU4LIFE
10/13/2005, 03:26 PM
They mentioned 6 stations on the orientation film. My thinking is that these "Stations" would not be on the same island. I say that because they mention somewhere (I think) that station three has something to do studying magnetic fields. If thats the case, that implies the stations are not close to each other. To carry that thought on future I am thinking that each station is located on an island somewhere and this island is "lost". IE everyone forgot about this research.

I think the Bunker that the 2nd set of surviors are in is either connected to the one station or is just some sort of fallout shelter or habitation area.

actually I think the film said "oreintation film 3 of 6"

Norm In Norman
10/19/2005, 07:53 AM
So I'm listening to rick and Brad this morning and they are reading their Hollywood crap and they get to something about Lost. They said something like "...and here are a few things you might not have noticed about Lost."

The number add up to 108, the amount of time on the countdown - duh
The same logo was on the shark as the "bunkers" they are in - we've covered that, morons
THE SAME ACTOR PLAYED LOCKE'S BOSS AND THE BOSS AT THE CHICKEN PLACE AND HAD THE SAME NAME (I think he said Harry) - screeeeeeeeeech.

OU4LIFE
10/19/2005, 08:02 AM
interesting.

Rhino
10/19/2005, 11:20 AM
Wanna see a totally retarded David LaChapelle-directed UK video promo for LOST?

http://media.putfile.com/Yesterday-A-UK-Promo-Video

DCSooner
10/19/2005, 11:25 AM
Gross.

But, notice how Walt & Locke where "orchestrating" the moves?

Like "puppet masters"

Hmmmmm.

I got nothin.

yermom
10/19/2005, 11:49 AM
So I'm listening to rick and Brad this morning and they are reading their Hollywood crap and they get to something about Lost. They said something like "...and here are a few things you might not have noticed about Lost."

The number add up to 108, the amount of time on the countdown - duh
The same logo was on the shark as the "bunkers" they are in - we've covered that, morons
THE SAME ACTOR PLAYED LOCKE'S BOSS AND THE BOSS AT THE CHICKEN PLACE AND HAD THE SAME NAME (I think he said Harry) - screeeeeeeeeech.

they also said something about being disappointed in the show now

does Norm actually not read these?

Boarder
10/19/2005, 11:51 AM
HA HA! Norm listens to Rick and Brad! HAAAHAAAHAAAHA!

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/19/2005, 12:56 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the flash music and morse code on this web page changes every 108 minutes :S

yermom
10/19/2005, 01:00 PM
IN GIRUM IMUS NOCTE ET CONSUMIMUR IGNI

http://williambader.com/ingirum.html

crawfish
10/19/2005, 01:05 PM
I accidentally read a big freakin' spoiler the other day.

somebody's dyin' in a few weeks

I wish I hadn't. :(

TopDawg
10/19/2005, 04:31 PM
No spoiler here.

yermom
10/19/2005, 04:35 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the flash music and morse code on this web page changes every 108 minutes :S

ok, now it's ipodnews that updates every 108 minutes :mad:

i'm thinking it's just a tie-in with the new Lost on your iPod thing

Rhino
10/19/2005, 09:03 PM
They show us NOTHING this episode and now we have to wait THREE WEEKS?!?!

DIE.

DCSooner
10/19/2005, 09:05 PM
worst.episode.everer.

SoonerWood
10/19/2005, 09:06 PM
OK it's getting frustrating.

WHY THE HELL DON'T THEY EXPLAIN A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE FREAKING 'OTHERS' TO JIN, SAWYER, AND MICHAEL??? It would take like 1 minute. I can't think of any reason they would feel like it's a good idea to withhold that info....

tulsaoilerfan
10/19/2005, 09:07 PM
Agreed, this episode was probably the worst so far.

Norm In Norman
10/19/2005, 09:07 PM
Agreed. The biggest thing on the show was ankles. ANKLES! Then I close my eyes and ears for the teaser and my wife says "The next one is in three weeks." THREE WEEKS???? They had better hope I don't give them the boot within that time.

SoonerWood
10/19/2005, 09:08 PM
They show us NOTHING this episode and now we have to wait THREE WEEKS?!?!

DIE.
wtf? 3 weeks until the next one?

I'm flyin out to that damn island to figure all this crap out myself

who's with me?

BajaOklahoma
10/19/2005, 09:21 PM
I stopped watching it this year. Now I just read this thread - less painful, disappointing and a real time saver.

SteelCitySooner
10/19/2005, 09:33 PM
I can only think of a few interesting things in this episode..

Lock's "I'm no longer lost" comment. pretty intriguing.
Got confirmation that there are indeed 'others' on the island.
Hurley's dog story cracked me up.
We learned the 'others' don't leave tracks -- Desmond didn't either right?
The whole finding the ring thing seems pointless.

All and all it did seem dissappointing...but I guess they can't make major revelations in each episode..Maybe this is the calm before the storm...but THREE FREAKING WEEKS?

SeattleOUstudent
10/19/2005, 09:45 PM
this week sucked.

OUinFLA
10/19/2005, 10:34 PM
wtf? 3 weeks until the next one?

I'm flyin out to that damn island to figure all this crap out myself

who's with me?

uh..........are you one of ...........of the.......others?

crawfish
10/20/2005, 08:52 AM
They're saving the story of the other survivors for the episode after next.

I'd get used to the five episodes - break series. We'll see it again at Christmas and once in the Spring. It's actually pretty normal for any TV series?

What was the deal with the teddy bear?

SoonerWood
10/20/2005, 09:14 AM
I rewatched the trailer - they might have given away too much:

Not really, but I was curious - is it true Norm doesn't read these? amazing!!

Rhino
10/20/2005, 10:15 AM
LOST Rhapsody (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/lost)

DCSooner
10/20/2005, 10:18 AM
I'm thinking that book that Jins roomate was looking at had some hints.

picasso
10/20/2005, 10:24 AM
that show lost me on the first episode.

yermom
10/20/2005, 10:50 AM
LOST Rhapsody (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/lost)

that is awesome

Boarder
10/20/2005, 11:57 AM
Is ABC showing the World Series or something?

This was the most disappointing episode, by far.

One thing, they said"How do you find something that's lost? Stop looking for it." And Michael stopped looking for Walt. I really expected Walt to show up.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/20/2005, 12:25 PM
Well I read somewhere that they were analyzing these webpages and found a link back to smartdust.com. Now that isn't a valid webpage but the links led to some things that dealt with Nano technology. Just throwing that out there ;)

SoonerWood
10/20/2005, 12:42 PM
smartdust.com - which links? It takes me to an iPod site

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/20/2005, 12:46 PM
http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=193920&highlight=smartdust&sid=d59d3fc055dbe1df6d113bd749b1a8cd#193920

Not very good at this sort of stuff but they are at the unforums.

I guess you could grab the Flash and mess with it? I'm not really sure about that, never tried anything with Flash.

I think I found something very cool, although it might not have anything to do with Lost...but when I read about it...wow, that sounds possible. Here goes:

Did anyone try to trace bigspaceship1.com back?
I did and landed at http://www.smartdust.com/ (http://www.smartdust.com/)
What an interesting site...just one word and nothing else.
I googled and looked it up in Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartdust).
Sounded interesting, so I checked out real references on the net to find out if this project really exists and it does (I mean, why not?).
Kristofer Pister's home page (http://robotics.eecs.berkeley.edu/~pister/SmartDust/)

For those of you who watch Lost:

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
The mysterious cloud of black smoke could be a large mass of those Smartdust. I like this way more than some weird alien life-form or magical crap. The idea is fascinating I believe...a cloud of nano-chips flying from one mechanical apparatus to another, like it's alive.
I have no idea if this site is connected to Lost, but if it is, that would be a rather easy-to-find and blatant hint, wouldn't it?
I love this idea. I want to see it on the show now, hehe.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/20/2005, 12:48 PM
Now it goes to Ipod news though, which is weird haha I still think it is an interesting idea

Rhino
11/1/2005, 02:01 PM
LOST Haikus (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21706)

yermom
11/1/2005, 02:22 PM
http://www.spoilerfix.com/lost.php

OklahomaTrombone
11/1/2005, 02:29 PM
damn you yermom...damn you to heck

DCSooner
11/1/2005, 02:30 PM
No kidding! Dammit! Like a car wreck!!!!

yermom
11/1/2005, 02:39 PM
hey, i gave you spoiler tags :D