PDA

View Full Version : Beer

Norm In Norman
11/19/2003, 11:09 AM
On old favorite.

FanInAma has been bringing Fat Tire to the tailgates and that stuff is pretty good. I had somebody pick me up some Fat Tire this weekend when they were in Texas and he said he liked it but not good enough to drink it regularly (which is pretty easy to say because I don't think you can get it in Oklahoma). Anyway, what do you guys think of Fat Tire and what are your favorites?

I'm thinking that Guinness is still my favorite (Guinness on draught is yummy), with Fat Tire being my next favorite. I generally only drink microbrews after those 2. I just don't like beer in a can or a bottle that much. Coach's has a dark beer that is pretty good, but I don't go to coach's anymore.

Beano's Fourth Chin
11/19/2003, 11:14 AM
Have you tried any of the Anchor beers?

I love the whole line of Anchor beers with Steam being my fave.

New Belgium has a wheat beer that is pretty good.

Sam Adams has some seasonal beers out now. At Sam's (or was it costco) they have a variety 12 pack that comes out this time each year... The Winter Brew is very good.

I like Guinness, but it's pricey (as is Anchor)... There are domestics that I like as much and don't cost as much. It's good stuff, though.

If you can ever find Sam Adams Octoberfest GET IT! I didn't get any this year because it was october and the label is orange, so I passed... I'm going to try to find it, though, now that it's November.

In my opinion, Fat Tire is the same as Shiner Bock and Shiner is cheaper.

saucysoonergal
11/19/2003, 11:15 AM
Scotch Buy!

OK, From a saucy palate, I like:
Becks; Harp; and that Dundee's Honey stuff.

Rhino
11/19/2003, 11:20 AM
I plan on buying some Fat Tire in Colorado this weekend. Mmm.

I'll be on the lookout for Same Adams Octoberfest.

jk the sooner fan
11/19/2003, 11:21 AM
Norm, next time I'm on my way up to the city, I'll let you know and if you want me to bring you some Fat Tire, its a done deal.

I like Fat Tire but I only drink it every now and then. Shiner Bock makes some good beers....and believe it or not, Ziegenbock (only available in Texas) is pretty damn good (made by AB)

Howzit
11/19/2003, 11:22 AM
I was drinking fat tire for a while, but for me it has this after taste that doesn't work for me.

I agree with you on Guiness, though I prefer a black and tan or half and half when available.

About a month ago I was in Milwaukee on business and was drinking what they call a black and blue - Guiness and Blue Moon - which I think was Belgian and a little lighter than Bass or Harp. Much more separation but still pretty tasty.

Norm In Norman
11/19/2003, 11:27 AM
I was drinking fat tire for a while, but for me it has this after taste that doesn't work for me.

I agree with you on Guiness, though I prefer a black and tan or half and half when available.

About a month ago I was in Milwaukee on business and was drinking what they call a black and blue - Guiness and Blue Moon - which I think was Belgian and a little lighter than Bass or Harp. Much more separation but still pretty tasty.

At VZDs they have something I think is called Black and Red - Guiness and Killean Red. I've never tried it though.

Norm In Norman
11/19/2003, 11:30 AM
In my opinion, Fat Tire is the same as Shiner Bock and Shiner is cheaper.

I've never had a Shiner Bock. It's always seemed too trendy.

I really need to start drinking more beer. There is a pretty good liquor store near me on alameda that has a bunch of different beers. I guess since I have better luck with microbrews I have trouble trying to branch out into different bottled beers.

Howzit
11/19/2003, 11:31 AM
At VZDs they have something I think is called Black and Red - Guiness and Killean Red. I've never tried it though.

Well, by golly, sounds like it's worth the time and energy to me. I'm gonna be back up that way for Thanksgiving, I may just have to stop in and try one.

KC//CRIMSON
11/19/2003, 11:32 AM
Bass = Good Stuff

Norm In Norman
11/19/2003, 11:35 AM
Norm, next time I'm on my way up to the city, I'll let you know and if you want me to bring you some Fat Tire, its a done deal.

I might have to take you up on that. I like the stuff pretty good.

scotplum
11/19/2003, 11:37 AM
Mmm, Fat Tire. I love the stuff. I'm also a big fan of Guinness although like Howzit I'd prefer a black and tan or half and half if possible.

Beano's Fourth Chin
11/19/2003, 11:37 AM
I've never had a Shiner Bock. It's always seemed too trendy.

I really need to start drinking more beer. There is a pretty good liquor store near me on alameda that has a bunch of different beers. I guess since I have better luck with microbrews I have trouble trying to branch out into different bottled beers.

Lucky for us, there is a microbrewery 4 miles from my house. Every Saturday at 1:00, you can take the 20 minute tour and get enough free beer that you need a designated driver.... They give you tokens that you can redeem to sample any of their beers. If you buy a mug or glass, they'll fill that sucker up for you... If you bought one in the past, bring it and they'll fill that sucker up for you.

Also, it's become fashionable among the grocery stores in the area to stock many many micro brews and imports. The Fiesta store a mile from our house must keep 50 - 70 beers in stock. Every week, they'll have something good on sale. I try new things by buying what's on sale.

And... My wife started liking to try different beers when I started doing the home brew. If she sees something interesting, she'll pick it up for us to try.

As much as I like to talk about and taste beer, I probably drink less than 3-4 beers a week.

Beano's Fourth Chin
11/19/2003, 11:38 AM
We'll be up for the season, Norm... I'll put together you a care package.

This will be good. Trust me.

KC//CRIMSON
11/19/2003, 11:39 AM
I might have to take you up on that. I like the stuff pretty good.

Norm, if your headed up here in a couple of weeks, you can buy all the Fat Tire you want. :D

Norm In Norman
11/19/2003, 11:46 AM
We'll be up for the season, Norm... I'll put together you a care package.

This will be good. Trust me.

Can't wait.

Beano's Fourth Chin
11/19/2003, 11:49 AM
When you go to Colorado Springs, you should buy some up there. Colorado has some great microbrews.

Not Coors.

http://www.rockterrace.com/colorado_brewtables.html

jk the sooner fan
11/19/2003, 11:57 AM
wish I had known this last week, I was in OKC this past weekend.....I'm coming up Christmas...if you dont have anything left from Beano's trip (or just want a motherlode stock), let me know and I'll bring you some.

DrunkCajunSooner
11/19/2003, 12:29 PM
Man, I am so disgusted by Guinness and I like almost all beer.

I am going to go back to Norman for a game and bring a keg or two of Dixie to the tailgate

Norm In Norman
11/19/2003, 02:13 PM
BLASPHEMY! Is the taste too complicated for a drunk cajun?

Flagstaffsooner
11/19/2003, 02:14 PM
Dixie, eek. I had that once when I was stationed at Keesler, AFB. Awful stuff.

If you ever are in Montana try Moose Drool.

RacerX
11/19/2003, 02:34 PM
Fat Tire good!
Red Hook beers good!

I drink shiner, the liquor store variety.

Cam
11/19/2003, 02:35 PM
Guinness is awesome, but only if you're in England. There is a major difference between the Guinness you get in London and what you'll get in Dublin. To me, the Guinness here in the states taste watered down.

Fat Tire is a pretty damn good beer, so is Shiner Bock. You should also try something called Blackened Voodoo, it's some pretty good stuff but hard to find.

Boarder
11/19/2003, 03:16 PM
Having a Guinness in Dublin is on my top ten things to do list. That would be awesome. There will be Guinness draft bottles at the Soonerfans BBQ tailgate in KC, btw. :)

I could have sworn I saw Fat Tire at Corkscrew liquor on 12th and Lindsey.

When in Breckenridge, you must go to the Breckenridge Brewery and get some of the freshly made draw beer. It is much better than the bottled version, which is very good. It is a must for hanging out after a day on the half-pipe.

Siner Bock is just now geting trendy. Try it anyway. It is great.

Boarder
11/19/2003, 03:18 PM
I meant Shiner bock, not Siner...duh....

Pearl's did have Blackened Voodoo. It is good, too. There are a lot of good ones out there. It's a good time to be a beer drinker.

On a side note, my dad was taking high blood pressure medicine, and his doctor told him to have a beer a day. He has for a little while now, and is off the medicine and has lowered his pressure.

RedStripe
11/19/2003, 03:28 PM
Duff. Mmmm Beer

OklahomaTrombone
11/19/2003, 03:29 PM
Fat Tire is the shizzle, I also enjoy a good Franziskaner wheat every once and a while. Optimater is pretty good, but I've only had it once. I like Boulevard Wheat. IPA, and then Shiner.

The rest of these are in no particular order, but what I drink: High Life, Bud Light, Keystone Light, Natty Light, and the Beast

OklahomaTrombone
11/19/2003, 03:29 PM
Oh and Norm, that liquor store wouldn't happen to be Joe's Place would it? It's where me and my roomates go all the time, becuase it rocks!

PrideTrombone
11/19/2003, 03:42 PM
I do believe Norm speaks of Joe's Place.

And Beano, Sam Adams Oktoberfest is good, but the German Oktoberfests from Spaten and Hacker-Pschorr are ever better. (I'm having a Spaten Oktoberfest right now... yum.) Or, you could take the next step and go for a Doppelbock. You know Shiner? Well, whatever they do to it, they do it again, and you get a double bock. :) It'll knock you on your *** (8% ABV), and you've gotta be in the mood for a dark beer, but well worth it. Spaten Optimator (OT mentioned it) is a really good example.

If you like wheat beer, TRY FRANZISKANER NOW. Or, head over to The Library; they've got it on tap. It's almost orgasmic.

SeattleOUstudent
11/19/2003, 03:53 PM
RED HOOK- American

PALM- Belgian

Norm In Norman
11/19/2003, 04:03 PM
Oh and Norm, that liquor store wouldn't happen to be Joe's Place would it? It's where me and my roomates go all the time, becuase it rocks!

Yup. You can get a hell of a lot of single cans there - if you are in a try it out mood.

GottaHavePride
11/19/2003, 05:13 PM
Back to Fat Tire. Fat Tire is pretty good, but I don't think it's any better than Bass, Harp, or even Killian's on a good day. Bass ans Killian's have less of an aftertaste than Harp and Fat Tire.

I'll add my endorsement to Franziskaner. Very, very good stuff. The scary part is that the dark variety in a bottle is even better than the light variety on tap.

Oh, and Murphy's Irish Stout is better than Guinness. All the flavor with none of the aftertaste.

Soonerfan85
11/19/2003, 05:21 PM
If the Sooners end up in Nawlins on Jannyary 4th, try some Abita Springs

T U R B O D O G

:cool:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/19/2003, 05:38 PM
Newcastle Brown
Boulevard Wheat
Sam Adams Summer Ale

KC//CRIMSON
11/19/2003, 05:45 PM
yeah, we like Boulevard. cause it's right down the street and all.....

http://www.blvdbeer.com/

Howzit
11/19/2003, 05:53 PM
Hey KC//CRIMSON

I just noticed you are from Olathe? I get up there on business occasionally and may relocate there next summer. Maybe we can tip a Boulevard if I get there.

KC//CRIMSON
11/19/2003, 06:01 PM
Hey KC//CRIMSON

I just noticed you are from Olathe? I get up there on business occasionally and may relocate there next summer. Maybe we can tip a Boulevard if I get there.

yeah, or many Boulevard's :D

SoonerInKCMO
11/19/2003, 06:12 PM
Lucky for us, there is a microbrewery 4 miles from my house. Every Saturday at 1:00, you can take the 20 minute tour and get enough free beer that you need a designated driver.... They give you tokens that you can redeem to sample any of their beers. If you buy a mug or glass, they'll fill that sucker up for you... If you bought one in the past, bring it and they'll fill that sucker up for you.

Speaking of brewery tours, if anyone is up for it when here for the Big XII Championship, folks should head over to the Boulevard brewery.

Beano's Fourth Chin
11/19/2003, 07:03 PM
... Sam Adams Oktoberfest is good, but the German Oktoberfests from Spaten and Hacker-Pschorr are ever better...

Yes! We got the spaten this year instead of the Sam. However, since they bring it in, and it's in the green bottle, sometimes it gets skunked. It's hit and miss with the Spaten...

If you like wheat beer, TRY FRANZISKANER NOW. Or, head over to The Library; they've got it on tap. It's almost orgasmic.

I'll have the radar up for this one.

Anyone had Arrogant Bastard besides Frozen?

OUthunder
11/19/2003, 07:07 PM
Speaking of brewery tours, if anyone is up for it when here for the Big XII Championship, folks should head over to the Boulevard brewery.

Where is it?

Beano's Fourth Chin
11/19/2003, 07:10 PM
Back to Fat Tire. Fat Tire is pretty good, but I don't think it's any better than Bass, Harp, or even Killian's on a good day. Bass ans Killian's have less of an aftertaste than Harp and Fat Tire.

Yeah, but it's about 2 bucks less per six pack here. Can't really compare Fat tire with Harp, though... Different styles.

Oh, and Murphy's Irish Stout is better than Guinness. All the flavor with none of the aftertaste.

Depends on which guinness you're comparing with. The Guinness Extra Stout in the bottle compares favorably with every other stout I've had.

I'm not sure what all this after taste complaint is you're talking about. I would imagine it's the hops and some beers are supposed to do that... I've never heard of anyone complain about the aftertaste on a guinness. It does have an after taste, but it's not unpleasant.

SoonerProphet
11/19/2003, 07:42 PM
http://www.peteswicked.com/images/wicked_ale.jpg

Petes is one of my favorite micro brews. Used to drink it quit a bit when I lived in normal Norman.

Had some Juengling, a Penn beer, I think, when I was on the east coast last summer.

Used to pick up a hefeweizen beer back in the day as well. Can't remember the brand name but it was greats. Especially in the summer w/ a bit of lime in it.

Boarder
11/19/2003, 08:55 PM
This, I like:
http://www.guinness.com/vgn/images/portal/cit_451/1748459117484591mainDraughtBottles.jpg

Lately, every one of these I get has a really bad aftertaste:
http://www.guinness.com/vgn/images/portal/cit_451/1748838117488381mainExtraStout.jpg

Charlie
11/19/2003, 09:23 PM

Ever make it up to Tulsa? :D:D:D

Fat Tire is the best. I would kill everyone on this board for a drop of sweet Fat Tire.

Charlie
11/19/2003, 09:26 PM
Used to pick up a hefeweizen beer back in the day as well. Can't remember the brand name but it was greats. Especially in the summer w/ a bit of lime in it.

Pyramid. Got one in the fridge right now. Tell you what, I'll make you a deal. You find me a job, I send you the beer. :D

ultimatesooner1
11/19/2003, 09:47 PM
When in Breckenridge, you must go to the Breckenridge Brewery and get some of the freshly made draw beer. It is much better than the bottled version, which is very good. It is a must for hanging out after a day on the half-pipe.

ahhh I had some beer called avalance or something like that there,
very good stuff

DrunkCajunSooner
11/19/2003, 10:03 PM
If the Sooners end up in Nawlins on Jannyary 4th, try some Abita Springs

T U R B O D O G

:cool:

Abita is ok...but I am not that big a fan of it

Norm In Norman
11/19/2003, 10:30 PM
This, I like:
http://www.guinness.com/vgn/images/portal/cit_451/1748459117484591mainDraughtBottles.jpg

Lately, every one of these I get has a really bad aftertaste:
http://www.guinness.com/vgn/images/portal/cit_451/1748838117488381mainExtraStout.jpg

I haven't tried the extra stout. I have better luck with the can - which is weird because generally the can gives it some "extra" flavor, but not so with Guinness.

Man, I'm really wanting some smooth, creamy Guinness goodness right now.

mmmmmmmm - liquid bread...

afs
11/19/2003, 11:00 PM
Yes! We got the spaten this year instead of the Sam. However, since they bring it in, and it's in the green bottle, sometimes it gets skunked. It's hit and miss with the Spaten...

I'll have the radar up for this one.

Anyone had Arrogant Bastard besides Frozen?
Arrogant Bastard, now there's a beer. We had a bar in San Angelo that served Arrogant Bastard. 1 bottle and you were done for the night. I haven't found it here in NM yet.

GeneralCartmanLee
11/20/2003, 12:40 AM
Mmmm BEER!

SoonerInKCMO
11/20/2003, 12:40 PM
Where is it?

2501 Southwest Boulevard.

ETA - That's just to the SW of downtown ... take Main south out of DT to Southwest Blvd. and head SW to 25th street.

GDC
11/20/2003, 02:48 PM
http://www.notyourdomain.com/europe/imagesde/hmunich64.jpg

OUthunder
11/20/2003, 03:09 PM
http://beersodasports.safeshopper.com/images/r10s6b3.jpg

I love this stuff with Guinness and Newcastle a close second! Plus its a LOT cheaper! It does however, taste better on tap!

RedstickSooner
11/20/2003, 03:23 PM
My favorite beer is (was) Mamba

http://beer.trash.net/img/beers/896.gif

It was awesome. Sadly, revolutionaries blew up the brewery. I kid you not.

I've been waiting years for them to rebuild the brewery. Or build a new one somewhere else. Hasn't happened yet. So, I drink a lot less beer than I used to.

Not everyone agreed, though -- some really seemed to hate Mamba, for whatever reason.

SoonerBBall
11/20/2003, 04:01 PM
Boyd Street Wheat at The Library on Boyd is fawkin good.So says SoonerBBall's twin brother.

Johnny5
11/20/2003, 05:13 PM
Natural Light!

I am a Rolling Rock man myself.

11/20/2003, 11:27 PM
No offense to any of the replies on this thread, but I believe people put too much into a beer's reputation; whether it is its national origin, stoutness or how cool it must look to be seen drinking it.

Drink what you like. I have yet to enjoy a Mexican beer. I also have yet to enjoy a beer from Holland. There are SEVERAL English beers and ales I love, and a few German that make their way to my cabinet from time to time.

Hell, I can even think of a Japanese beer I like. (one)

I don't have enough time to screw around with trying to look cool with a crappy tasting beer.

LISTEN... if you like the taste, even if it is a cheap domestic, go with it.

Same with wine.

Yep.

Boarder
11/20/2003, 11:33 PM
You're just not cool to start with, so you don't care. :D

And, you still owe me a 6 pack of Shiner Bock.

11/20/2003, 11:33 PM
Oh, and Mamba is (was) a damned fine brew.

11/20/2003, 11:35 PM
Bring it on, Boarder. I still remember the scan from the Oklahoman. You'll get the Shiner, plus interest.

Seriously, when are you coming down here?

11/20/2003, 11:39 PM
I've had a house full of Sooners the last couple of games down here... I don't think the wife would notice a couple more.

Boarder
11/20/2003, 11:40 PM
That would be next year, usually in November. You need to come up for a game to Norman!

11/20/2003, 11:46 PM
I agree. This is the first year I haven't seen at least one in person since 1982.

Ouch.

At least I have a solid lead to New Orleans. After all, it isn't like my JOB will be keeping me busy at that time. (har-dee-har-harrr)

King Crimson
11/21/2003, 01:19 AM
i used to get Mamba at an Ethiopian restaurant in Denver.

good beer. good restaurant.

LibertyValance
11/21/2003, 02:28 AM
Anything brewed by the Anderson Valley Brewing Co. is excellent, in my estimation. Of course, if you're not on the northern California coast, it might be a tad difficult to find. The Hop Ottin' IPA has me Hop Ottin' as we speak.

If you don't speak Boontling, then I guess Guinness would do.

Blue
11/21/2003, 03:30 AM
All you Mary's need to sack up, head down to the local stop and go, and get yourself a twelve of Budweiser. Stop reading Lager Afficianado and worry about the next step of drinking beer- Who's gonna get the dirty leg thrown? Better yet, get yourself a case of Fatty Nattys for 9.99 and get so wasted you really dont care what it tastes like, end up in a motel room hollering out "Roll Tide", and be glad you're not one of those microbrew yuppie scumbags debating how your beer is darker and heavier than all the others.

Hey, somebody's gotta be devils advocate.

Norm In Norman
2/17/2004, 09:27 AM
I had a Boulevard Bully! Porter this weekend at cattlemen's. It was OK. No where near as good as Guiness' creamy goodness.

TUSooner
2/17/2004, 11:26 AM
1. The worst beer I ever had was really, really good.
2. Never had Fat Tire, where's it come from?
3. Shiner bock - watery, trendy, overrated (But see #1)
4. Dixie - underrated. It has a nice hoppy real beer flavor that only seems odd when you're used to the mass marketed Buds etc. (see #1). Crimson Voodoo and Blackened Voodoo are great, Crimson is better (of course)
5. Abita Amber - fabulous, full-bodied, tasty, and not too pricey, can't believe nobody has mentioned it
6. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - allegedly served in Heaven.
7. See #1

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/17/2004, 11:35 AM
I did have a beer that was pretty bad recently.

It was called, and I kid you not, "Buffalo Butt." beer.

Dude at Specs said it was a "hot seller." Maybe, but it wasn't a good drinker.

One of my good friend's 30th birthday is this weekend. His wife has rented out the frickin' Saint Arnold Brewery here in town and they're having food catered. I think I will need one of you guys to drive us home.

Saint Arnold brewery tours are pretty sweet. Basically, they have rented out some warehouse space and all of the equipment is in one really big warehouse room.

So, the tour lasts 20 minutes and they give each person 3 or 4 tokens or 5 tokens, I forget how many... Then at the end of the tour, everyone bellies up to their bar and redeem tokens for beers. The trick is this: They give each person small glasses made for tasting... but if you own your own Saint Arnold merchandise, mugs, pint glasses, etc... They'll fill them up for you... once per token... And if you take your wife, she'll usually give you one or two of her tokens.

Also, there's this: I guess the six pack cardboard holders are expensive and they reuse them. If you take them with you, they will exchange them for Saint Arnold Merchandise. Pretty sweet deal.

Here is the exchange rate:
10 carriers: Pint glass
20 carriers: Pilsner glass or poster
50 carriers: Mug, balloon glass, t-shirt (one sided, not the seasonal)
75 carriers: T-shirt (two sided and the seasonal shirts)
100 carriers: Tie-dyed t-shirt
200 carriers: Polo shirt
300 carriers: Hopwaiian shirt
1,000 carriers: You will be the first name on our Christmas card list!
200,000 carriers: Tie-dyed Bentley

TUSooner
2/17/2004, 11:35 AM
All you Mary's need to sack up, head down to the local stop and go, and get yourself a twelve of Budweiser. Stop reading Lager Afficianado and worry about the next step of drinking beer- Who's gonna get the dirty leg thrown? Better yet, get yourself a case of Fatty Nattys for 9.99 and get so wasted you really dont care what it tastes like, end up in a motel room hollering out "Roll Tide", and be glad you're not one of those microbrew yuppie scumbags debating how your beer is darker and heavier than all the others.

Hey, somebody's gotta be devils advocate.
Reverse snobbery!!!! Slave of the mass market !!! :D
What's a Fatty Natty?? - doez anybody REALLY know the alcohol content of a beer, aside form 3.2%? We always used to think "liquor store" beer was 6% - but no way. According to the labels: Liquor Store Coors is about 5%, ice beers are about 5.5 (Icehouse) -5.9% (Natural Light Ice). Those are the higher ones I've actually seen. There's a pub called the Crown & Anchor not far from my house where they post the alc % on a chalk board. They have a good selection, few are more than 5%, most are between 4-5%. Abita Amber is about 5.6%. Does anybody know where to get the facts?

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/17/2004, 11:38 AM
ratebeer.com has the alcohol content of all the beers.

Many are in the 8-9% range.

Check out this page:
http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/TopAlcohol.asp

Some of those sound pretty nasty.

TUSooner
2/17/2004, 11:40 AM
One of my good friend's 30th birthday is this weekend. His wife has rented out the frickin' Saint Arnold Brewery here in town and they're having food catered. ***

Pardon my ignorance, but what town is this? Sounds pretty good. And, OK, I have had some "bad" beer, but so far, bad beer is better than no beer.

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/17/2004, 11:45 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what town is this? Sounds pretty good. And, OK, I have had some "bad" beer, but so far, bad beer is better than no beer.

Houston.

OU4LIFE
2/17/2004, 11:51 AM
is that by Beer City?

TUSooner
2/17/2004, 12:11 PM
I visted ratebeer.com and learned straightaway that I'm not really much of a beer aficionado. My Abita didn't impress the raters, but my motto is pretty much, if you like it, it's good. I will definitely be returning to that site though, really cool. Thanks, BFC.

GottaHavePride
2/17/2004, 12:59 PM
EGAD! Ratebeer.com lists Fuller's London Porter as the #32 beer in the world for winter 2004? Right behind Chimay Blue at #31. I'm not sure I buy that; maybe I just really don't get along with porters, but that Fuller's stuff tasted just like Pyramid Snowcap and Folgers.

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/17/2004, 01:10 PM
Heh... Look at that list:
http://www.ratebeer.com/documents/Top50_2004a.asp

See how many are stouts? The ratings seem to favor the darker beers.

On the top 50 list, I think I've only had:
#10 Stone Imperial Russian Stout
#26 Stone Double Bastard
#31 Chimay Bleu
#46 Stone IPA

Thank you Fiesta and Whole Foods for starting to carry Stone Brewery products.

Regarding Folgers, I made a coffee stout about a year and a half ago which actually had a pot of coffee added to the wort before fermenting. Some really good stuff.

You should try the Red Hood Doubleblack Stout (http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/ShowBeer.asp?BeerID=665) for another good coffee beer.

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/17/2004, 01:12 PM
Heh... Look at that list:
http://www.ratebeer.com/documents/Top50_2004a.asp

See how many are stouts? The ratings seem to favor the darker beers.

On the top 50 list, I think I've only had:
#10 Stone Imperial Russian Stout
#26 Stone Double Bastard
#31 Chimay Bleu
#46 Stone IPA

Thank you Fiesta and Whole Foods for starting to carry Stone Brewery products.

Regarding Folgers, I made a coffee stout about a year and a half ago which actually had a pot of coffee added to the wort before fermenting. Some really good stuff.

You should try the Red Hood Doubleblack Stout (http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/ShowBeer.asp?BeerID=665) for another good coffee beer.

Nevermind... it's been discontinued... I guess Starbucks wanted to much to keep the partnership going.

Norm In Norman
2/17/2004, 02:07 PM
I just need to try some more beers. I guess I have had so many that I don't like, I have a hard time trying new ones.

afs
2/17/2004, 08:08 PM
Arrogant Bastard, now there's a beer. We had a bar in San Angelo that served Arrogant Bastard. 1 bottle and you were done for the night. I haven't found it here in NM yet.
Blam, found it at my local grocer. along with a couple other varieties.

GottaHavePride
2/17/2004, 08:47 PM
Ha! BoobyTrain found it.

http://www.comedycentral.com/gallery/chappellesshow/images/cs_samjackson2.jpg

"MMMM-MMMMMM, B*TCH!"

TheBobbyTrain
2/18/2004, 12:36 AM
you damn picture thief

SelmaBamaFan
2/18/2004, 04:16 AM
Those of you that say you are going up to the Colorado area soon HAVE to check out Sun Shine Wheat when you get there. I promise you wont be dissapointed.

BigRedJed
3/10/2008, 06:20 PM
My favorite beer is (was) Mamba

http://beer.trash.net/img/beers/896.gif

It was awesome. Sadly, revolutionaries blew up the brewery. I kid you not.

I've been waiting years for them to rebuild the brewery. Or build a new one somewhere else. Hasn't happened yet. So, I drink a lot less beer than I used to.

Not everyone agreed, though -- some really seemed to hate Mamba, for whatever reason.
Man, I loved it. I used to drink it all of the time at the Royal Rack on Lower Greenville in Dallas, listening to live reggae and playing pool.

The only thing about Mamba is that it was GUARANTEED to give you a headache the next day.

StoopTroup
3/10/2008, 06:24 PM
Real beer drinkers are old and natty.

OU-HSV
3/10/2008, 07:40 PM
I bought a sixer of the Boulevard Irish Ale the other night. Really good stuff I thought.

olevetonahill
3/10/2008, 08:06 PM
Real beer drinkers are old and natty.

Hear , Hear :D :hot:

GottaHavePride
3/10/2008, 08:16 PM
Heh. BoobyTrain.

shaun4411
3/10/2008, 08:22 PM
i like the weissbier you find in munich. my fav is fransichkaener weissbier. german beer is good, almost delicious. gets you drunk too, so it saves your money.

GottaHavePride
3/10/2008, 08:24 PM
i like the weissbier you find in munich. my fav is fransichkaener weissbier. german beer is good, almost delicious. gets you drunk too, so it saves your money.

I do believe you're talking about my favorite beer there.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/e/eb/260px-Franziskaner_Weisse_16.9_OzGlass.jpg