PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Lee Goes to College

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2005, 07:07 PM
I wish Tommy had been my roommate instead of Stinky Edith.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/23/2005, 07:15 PM
Why was Edith stinky?

Did she wear Jellies?

BigRedJed
8/23/2005, 07:15 PM
Holy cow. Small world. I SLEPT with Stinky Edith.

BigRedJed
8/23/2005, 07:17 PM
Wait a minute. That was STANKY Edith. I guess I didn't know your roomate after all.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2005, 07:25 PM
Edith was this chick who ended up being my roomate sophomore yr. She had Q tip poofy hair and wore house shoes all the time. She unofficially lived with her biker boyfriend in the back of a barber shop on Kickapoo. I could always tell when she came to the dorm room for something because she would leave her stench. It was OBU so I reported her stanky *** as living in sin off campus.

C&CDean
8/23/2005, 07:28 PM
Edith stunk, but you think Tommy doesn't? He's a walking, talking, drumming AIDS/hepetitis/nasty coochie epidemic going somewhere to faminize. When I see him on TV, he reeks of impending slow death by STDs.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2005, 07:29 PM
Edith stunk, but you think Tommy doesn't? He's a walking, talking, drumming AIDS/hepetitis/nasty coochie epidemic going somewhere to faminize. When I see him on TV, he reeks of impending slow death by STDs.Yes, but he has assets that would have made him a more fun roommate. You know, like big screen TV's and ****.

But I bet he wouldn't have been as fun as the dude in my avatar.

C&CDean
8/23/2005, 07:34 PM

Truer words........

Czar Soonerov
8/23/2005, 07:46 PM
Yes, but he has assets that would have made him a more fun roommate. You know, like big screen TV's and ****.

The dude in your avatar is a walking, talking, drumming AIDS/hepetitis/nasty coochie epidemic going somewhere to faminize. When I see him at tailgates, he reeks of impending slow death by STDs.

Truer words........;)

SoonerWood
8/23/2005, 08:23 PM
I see nothing in that thread about stinky edith

Mjcpr
8/23/2005, 08:53 PM
Yes, but he has assets that would have made him a more fun roommate. You know, like big screen TV's and ****.
You're talking about his elbow aren't you?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2005, 09:00 PM
You're talking about his elbow aren't you?Yes, and it made an appearance in tonight's episode.

StoopTroup
8/23/2005, 09:01 PM
It was funny to see those guys from the drum corp blow him away...

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2005, 09:15 PM
for some reason this is a funny show to me........i actually like it

oumartin
8/23/2005, 09:18 PM
We're all jealous. Even you women are jealous cuz hes bagged Heather Locklear and Pamela Anderson. Aint a woman in here that would turn them gals down.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah this show cracks me up.

I loved it when he finally got the drum part. The drummer kid was like "most people would have given up." Of course he wasn't going to give up. He's made millions playing drums.

I'm still mad they didn't let him roadtrip though

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2005, 09:26 PM
We're all jealous. Even you women are jealous cuz hes bagged Heather Locklear and Pamela Anderson. Aint a woman in here that would turn them gals down.

is everything about sex with you?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2005, 09:29 PM
is everything about sex with you?YMSSR. . .

I am not "jealous" of Tommy because he was married to Pam and to Heather. Contrary to your belief Martin, most women would not jump at that chance.

SapulpaSooner
8/23/2005, 09:30 PM
This thread succs

GottaHavePride
8/23/2005, 09:33 PM
Apparently. ;)

And the drumline kids smoked Tommy Lee's chili because it's a different style of drumming. It's possible to be an awesome rock drummer without knowing the 40 basic snare drum rudiments or even how to read music. And since marching drums tend to be incredibly technically (and rudimentally) based, knowing all those rudiments and how to read them on a page is key. It's a special breed of rock drummer that's had enough classical training to know all that stuff, and I'm betting Tommy Lee isn't one of them. NTTAWWT. (Buddy Rich, however, WAS one of those. He was a grade-A ***, too.)

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2005, 09:36 PM
is somebody going to finally tell Tommy that the hook em sign isnt what they do at nebraska?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2005, 09:47 PM
I think it would have been cool if the Husker Band would have played Kickstart. The crowd loved him.

GottaHavePride
8/23/2005, 10:03 PM
That would be asking corn-fed whiteys to rawk. I doubt it would work. ;)

Mjcpr
8/24/2005, 07:54 AM
Saw this on another board about the show.....sounds plausible.

The "reality" of these type of shows are that they are all phony and contrived. But they save a lot of money by having as many unpaid common people instead of real actors, drawing real wages.

Anyway, Tommy Lee was never actually enrolled at NU, he attended them as auditing the class. He was at NU around a month or so last fall, and they built a special off-site dorm for him. Even though the show makes believe he's living on campus. He did play in their marching band at a game or two, and he was better then the show lets on, making it seem like he really struggled.

Just typical make believe reality show stuff.

Veritas
8/24/2005, 09:10 AM
That dude pretty much has it right, Major.

Tommy Lee was here for six weeks...most of the show is contrived, but the part about him struggling on the toms was the truth. I'm friends with a dude from the band and he told me last year during filming that Lee was having a hard time picking it up but that it didn't take him long, although they really didn't know if they were going to put him on the field until the night or so before the game. Scuttlebutt on campus was that he wasn't going to make it, but obviously he did.

And he didn't live on-campus, like is being said. I can't imagine the liability risks associated if he had.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/24/2005, 09:40 AM
In any of the articles you read they say he lived off campus. They just kind of gloss over that on the show.

They also don't say that the roommate had to have an "audition" of sorts, even though he didn't know his new roomie was going to be TL

Veritas
8/24/2005, 09:43 AM
In any of the articles you read they say he lived off campus. They just kind of gloss over that on the show.

They also don't say that the roommate had to have an "audition" of sorts, even though he didn't know his new roomie was going to be TL
Yup...the producers found that kid bartending at I believe Iguana's on O street and dug his laid back attitude and threw him into the mix.

I find it hysterically funny that from here on out Nebraska will be identified with college football and that school that had the show with that one rock star.

(shut it, colley ;) )

The Ghost of Joe Morrison
11/28/2007, 10:35 AM

....but could you handle Tommy Lee's major asset?!:eek:

usmc-sooner
11/28/2007, 10:48 AM
is somebody going to finally tell Tommy that the hook em sign isnt what they do at nebraska?

that's the rock sign, not to be confused with the horn sign. When I was little a guy came to my church to preach about the evils of rock n roll, he said that sign meant you worshiped the devil. :D

11/28/2007, 11:18 AM

That's a good question!

11/28/2007, 11:20 AM
YMSSR. . .

I am not "jealous" of Tommy because he was married to Pam and to Heather. Contrary to your belief Martin, most women would not jump at that chance.

What does YMSSR stand for?:confused:

Veritas
11/28/2007, 11:31 AM
That "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip" was my Velcro shoelaces. Man my foot stinks.

11/28/2007, 11:33 AM
That "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip" was my Velcro shoelaces. Man my foot stinks.

Try bathing.

Boomer.....
11/28/2007, 11:39 AM
What does YMSSR stand for?:confused:
You Must Spread Some Reputation...Around Before Giving It To _________ Again.

yermom
11/28/2007, 01:20 PM
man, i don't miss YMSSR :D

and someone is about to get shoewipped!

where's Martin anyway?

:pop: